Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Shield Damage Reduction convey appropriate diversity?

Synpai

I'm curious if this will actually move frames like Mag that struggle to survive to a meaningful place. To specify I'm not saying I don't want the change or that the change is bad, more so I'm curious as to the actual Effective Health Pool (EFHP) of the frames before and after.

Of course every frame will see an increase in EFHP with the exception of Inaros and Nidus, but this could be similar to how Rivens affect weapons with low base stats. In other words, Mag will see an overall improvement, but may not move her position of overall EFHP in any meaningful way when frames like Trinity have a comparable shield value/sustainability but additional sources of damage reduction or even a frame like Chroma who has a decent shield value but can also maintain decent EFHP via health and armor?

Edited by Synpai

The Shield Gating and DR would help with Mag’s Survivability nicely since she’s one of those Frames that controls her Shields while CC/DPS enemies. Only reason she’s about as squishy as a Marshmallow is Shields being trash currently so she would be a better Starter for newer Players in the early Game.

Just now, GPrime96 said:

The Shield Gating and DR would help with Mag’s Survivability nicely since she’s one of those Frames that controls her Shields while CC/DPS enemies. Only reason she’s about as squishy as a Marshmallow is Shields being trash currently so she would be a better Starter for newer Players in the early Game.

Strictly comparatively speaking at a flat value. There's definitely merit that Mag will have ways to sustain her shield compared to other frames, but EVERY frame will be better off with shield gating and DR minus Nidus and Chroma.

I don't intend to come across poorly I just want to ensure that it's known that this is from a comparative point of view.

Frames that are currently not durable: Mag or even Hydroid for example compared to frames that are already decently durable: Mesa, Ember, Chroma, etc.

If Hydroid is at the low end of the graph and say Inaros is at the top, how/will that change after mainline? My current thought is that it wont too much at he low end, but will at he mid/high end because those frames already have ways to be durable if that makes more sense.