Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sonar and the upcoming Corpus shield gating


yles9056
 Share

Recommended Posts

In the last dev stream, we learned that:

  • Corpus will get shield gating that reduces 95% damage to health when the damage exceeds their shield.
  • Corpus shield gating can be ignored by shooting their weakspot or using damaging ability.

 

I just want to remind DE that Banshee's Sonar and Helios's Detect Vulnerability are going to need some adjustment as well.

Sonar often creates new weakspots on enemy body which is going to be protected by Corpus shield gating. It can be problematic especially in high level if the weakspots created by Sonar don't ignore Corpus shield gating.

Please make sure to adjust Sonar and Detect Vulnerability in the future update.

Edited by yles9056
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17分钟前 , (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson 说:

Sonar creates damage multiplier spot not a natural weakpoint persay so weapon damage will have 5% bleedthrough as normal.

Sonar weakspot on body gives 500% damage, but is reduced by 95% if it exceeds shield.

500% * (100% - 95%) = 25%

Shooting Sonar weakspot on body only deals 25% damage to health. Why not just shoot the head instead?

For an ability the is mostly used for high level and is designed to reward player aiming skill, that doesn't sound good.

Edited by yles9056
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it'll be that big a deal. 5x damage on a sonar weakpoint by default is way more than is needed to overkill a corpus unit several times over currently, and with a standard build the sonar bonus will reach well above 7.5x damage. I'd expect corpus to still die instantly until well into the hundreds if the player is aiming for weakpoints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Sonar weakspot on body gives 500% damage, but is reduced by 95% if it exceeds shield.

500% * (100% - 95%) = 25%

Shooting Sonar weakspot on body only deals 25% damage to health. Why not just shoot the head instead?

For an ability the is mostly used for high level and is designed to reward player aiming skill, that doesn't sound good.

Its still more than a regular shot in same, adding shield gatting has pros and cons after all. So some abilities will be affected.

Its likely the devs will monitor both stats and actual feedback when it goes live, at moment we can only speculate which is not always accurate. (Light tone) Try to remember this before making your mind up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6小时前 , Gailus 说:

I don't think it'll be that big a deal. 5x damage on a sonar weakpoint by default is way more than is needed to overkill a corpus unit several times over currently, and with a standard build the sonar bonus will reach well above 7.5x damage. I'd expect corpus to still die instantly until well into the hundreds if the player is aiming for weakpoints.

I'm still concerned about the numbers.

Shooting default Corpus weakspot deals 100% damage. In order for Sonar weakspot on body to deal 100% damage, you're going to need x20 damage multiplier, which is 400% power strength on Sonar.

It seems more beneficial to shoot the default Corpus weakspot than a Sonar weakspot on body if you don't have 400% power strength.

Edited by yles9056
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 19 Stunden schrieb yles9056:

Sonar weakspot on body gives 500% damage, but is reduced by 95% if it exceeds shield.

500% * (100% - 95%) = 25%

Shooting Sonar weakspot on body only deals 25% damage to health. Why not just shoot the head instead?

For an ability the is mostly used for high level and is designed to reward player aiming skill, that doesn't sound good.

There is no aiming involved with sonar. Everyone uses her augmen to bath the enemies in said weak"spots". There is no way to not accidently hit with that buff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Who is @GooseDE, that not usually the format of DE staff.

That's Scott's twitter.

2 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

There is no aiming involved with sonar. Everyone uses her augmen to bath the enemies in said weak"spots". There is no way to not accidently hit with that buff. 

Enemy bodies still aren't covered completely, so you do have to aim. It also depends on your weapon. Ignis allows for more leniency than something like an opticor, and explosive weapons always target the torso regardless, so it's a crap shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Shooting Sonar weakspot on body only deals 25% damage to health. Why not just shoot the head instead?

This is even already a problem with high-crit weapons that reliably trigger the crit-headshot multiplier when you get a headshot (which itself already comes with 2x), such that they're doing 4x damage on headshots anyway. 

Glad that this is being looked at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, yles9056 said:

I'm still concerned about the numbers.

Shooting default Corpus weakspot deals 100% damage. In order for Sonar weakspot on body to deal 100% damage, you're going to need x20 damage multiplier, which is 400% power strength on Sonar.

It seems more beneficial to shoot the default Corpus weakspot than a Sonar weakspot on body if you don't have 400% power strength.

For what you said to be correct you would need to be shooting a Corpus unit for exactly its total health pool on every single shot.

I don't know what guns you use or how ranked your mods are, but most non-automatic guns will one shot Corpus units several times over when fully built. Hitting a Sonar weakpoint is beyond overkill right now.

Right now the highest level Corpus your likely to run into are going to be maybe level 80-100 if you're doing a Sortie, Arbitration, or a long Index run. There are virtually no other game modes that use leveled up Corpus units past Pluto on the star chart.

I currently main Banshee and I often forget to bother using Sonar on Corpus outside of the Index. They simply don't have enough health to warrant it right now.

Edited by Gailus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

That's Scott's twitter.

Enemy bodies still aren't covered completely, so you do have to aim. It also depends on your weapon. Ignis allows for more leniency than something like an opticor, and explosive weapons always target the torso regardless, so it's a crap shot.

With Sonar augment its possible to cover whole body with "weak points"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...