Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockbackand movement

Sarulas

How would people feel about the self damage knockback effect (that you could parkour out of) being tied to more heavy hits from enemies? Or a similar version when the new telegraphed enemy grenades/rockets hit you? What about other more pronounced but less dramatic hit reactions from attacks e.g. being pushed back when a heavy gunner focus fires on you that use similar cancel mechanics?

Since Warframe is now a horde shooter based off of parkour and so many warframes are practically invincible, do knockdowns and knockbacks (as long as they could always be cancelled into parkour) have a place in the game?

9 minutes ago, Sarulas said:

and so many warframes are practically invincible, do knockdowns and knockbacks (as long as they could always be cancelled into parkour) have a place in the game?

and the warframes that are not just end up spending even more floor time while Inaros just kinda shrugs the stagger off. 

Generally speaking players do not enjoy things that take control away from them and if I'm being staggered or knocked back every three seconds, it would be time to start shopping for other games. I already hate Arson Eximus (especially when I Titania) and they're pretty rare and not terribly hard to deal with. Best keep the knockback relegated to something controlled by the player as much as is humanly possible. 

Sooooo no I really don't think it has a place in the game with regards to becoming a more standard enemy driven thing.