Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Infested Damage Megathread

SilverBones

Ancient spawn rates. At higher ranks, it would make sense for them to be kind of high. At rank 20, the Healers, Disruptors, and Toxics, spawn so quickly, there almost isn't any point in killing any of them. This combined with the Toxic's ability to instakill all but the most armored Frames, makes it ridiculous to play for any real length of time.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-05 at 1:39 PM, Ketec said:

They also hit  hard on everything but the tanky frames.

Toxin ancients often oneshot even tanky ones.

And like half the infested are far from close range - shooting, spitting, extra long arm and aoe.

My Inaros barely tanks lvl 60 chargers, like, seriously what are your tanks using? Hacked mods? 

Compared to a crowd of Corrupted Heavy Gunners, 1 Charger is incredibly more overpowered.

• Like 2

Nah. Too many ancients, they all essentially look the same and their attacks are all really annoying. Do away with the whole pulling and bypassing shields stuff, it completely goes against the idea of shield gating if you let people be oneshot either way.

Here's my take: infested have always been too boring and they've been shafted essentially since the plains of eidolon release or even before then, there's barely ever anything new to them and their unit designs and mechanics all feel like they are from the very inception times of warframe and they did not age well. Please make it a proper infested revision instead of infested damage. You can't just slap extra damage on something old and call it fresh. I find that this is possibly the most halfhearted part of the entirety of the rework.

• Like 4

Infested ancient hook mechanics should change. (or just hook mechanics in general) It's a persistent frustration when you see the animation start and attempt to avoid it, only to get hauled out of mid air because the projectile speed of the hook is practically hitscan at a medium to short distance.

AI hook aim should be re-worked to be consistently avoidable if, (like the space ninja you're supposed to be) the player recognizes the beggining of the hook animation.

Aditionally, altering the AI's use of the hook to suite player awarness would be nice, being hauled onto your ass because an ancient spawned in a door you bullet jumped past, or through a horde of disruptors, healers, and toxic ancients, backed by mutalist moas.  is always awful. Perhaps (if you can) change the hook animation (and accuracy) priority based on enemy density, player movement, time since spawn, door proximity, and player fov direction.

Infested damage is passable atm, keep your distance, wall latch, blah blah blah. Eventually i think the entire infested faction should get a facelift and a bit of a deep mechanical rework, but as is the psuedo space zombies are ok for time being. 

• Like 2

tl;dr; in the very early days of warframe people were farming mods on infested because they sucked, and they have not changed since. So yes, it sux even more now.

I think that infested faction should be reworked drastically, their damage buff make 0 sense. I like a lot the swarm aspect but it should be more streamlined and polished:

- Fodder ennemies: leapers/chargers/crawlers should have agressive gap closers and/or additionnal features that make them painfull to deal with, those are so squishy that they start beeing non factor very early in the game. They die to slash dash, poorly modded melees and do not scale well at higher levels at all, it is fodder for life aka they do nothing.

- Midtier ennemies should be stronger than there are now: boilers, mutualist moas etc are very underwhelming. Concept wise they are cool but atm they just die almost as instantly as fodders.

- Ancients should be a real threat, these should be stronger than corpus and greeners best units. The hook is not enough, toxic ancients should make everything toxic around them, etc...

- There should be obvious synergies between them, like behaviorial changes if ancients are nearby

- You need to balance test infested while taking into account that players use primed reach. If it is trivialised by a primed reach good weapon then just redo it.

- You need to take into account level scalling for infested ennemies. Atm these are the worse by a very huge margin at every level.

Edited by Galuf

• 2 weeks later...

You say they are close range, yet as soon as they lose pathing to you aka when you jump or stand on a box,

They spit high damage boogers at you.

I remember when this was implemented and it was always a bad idea. Remove the boogers. If standing on a box is such a big issue, teach infested to climb, or better yet, let's have infested gain vertically. Imagine chargers running on the walls, diving at ya, crawling on the ceiling.

That would be amazing. I'd be down for that

But NOBODY likes boogers

• Like 2

Oh.

Right.

Forgot about the damage change.

Uh... IDK folks, they're trivial to keep ahead of and never really come at you sideways in terms of tactics, and can be easily defeated with most decent guns with punch-through.

Personally, I don't even bother with melee, I just layer ranged fire into them, give a little ground occasionally, then recapture and advance. They're not terribly difficult, though the occaisional booger fusillade is obnoxious, especially when a toxin ancient is lurking around. That tends to be pretty close to instadeath and does come completely out of nowhere with little warning.

Crixus above has the right of it, the trash/light enemies need be coming at you from every direction and most of the mid-range units need to actually do more to be a threat.

• 2 weeks later...

Consider putting that jumpy infested from 2nd NW to appear on more infested tiles, they felt like real dangerous monsters that you had to look out for, a lot more than other infested.

Its tragic they are now in a one node where no one really visits.

Edited by OwlOfJune

Critically thinking, in video games melee should always out DPS range. What about instead of just higher damage they get higher rate of attack? The infested should be quick, why not have a new infested drone that just does nothing but give infested around it a movement and attack speed boost? With swarm enemies the best options are generally those that are based around auras imho.

Personally, I'd like to see enemies that "deploy" into large cysts that provide an area buff to infested same way grineer have ramparts.

I haven't noticed any difference. Could  be because I  keep moving a lot. (Or sitting in Khora strangledome.)

Idea: Since corrupted are primary melee, maybe their melee should be extra dangerous. To this end maybe add more status effects? Random maybe? 

Hard-mode/Eximus idea: Add Nox slowing effect to their attacks.

At lvl 150+ toxic ancient ~1hko Wisp with health boosted by a mote, and at lvl 200+ moa yellow carpet have to be avoided at all cost. Past the first rotation C usually multiple parasitic eximus spawn within a short timeframe

The issue with infested is not the damage or how they can limit warframe powers, but their HP or their number