Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Shield Gating Megathread

SilverBones

1 hour ago, SprinKah said:

Well, after the update, i did a bunch of tests on both Grineer and Corpus. Tried several different guns and elementals on different factions. I think PERSONALLY, the elementals and damage types changes AND armor scaling reduction were enough to propel the Corpus to the same level as the Grineer. Like I said, Corpus weren't really that weak...they had a lot going for them

Tested stuff in SImulacrum. Spawned in VANILLA Heavy Gunners, Bombards and Techs. If you use Corrosive, Heavy Gunners Both Bombards and Heavy Gunners are both slightly dispatched quicker than Techs. Magnetic however, yeah, Techs die quicker. But I suppose it depends on the weapons, I used a high fire rate one. Though, the Grineer are more...vulnerable to a wider range of elementals and damage types than the Corpus. Like Viral and Slash, and Fire. 

Generally, yes the Grineer are still a BIT tankier now, than the Corpus. But Like I said, It has always been a case of "Utility/Power over Durability" for the Corpus, sure they die quicker but they made up for it with a lot of annoying and utility-based enemies that can make fights against them even longer-lasting than the Grineer. Such as Nullifiers and Bursas and such

Personally, I don't dislike what they are trying to go for, but I think they still should tone down the shield gate on the Corpus. Just keep everything but at least increase time between shield recharge, or just straight up remove the shield recharge part. BECAUSE I'm not gonna lie to you, the whole constant shield recharge thing, gameplay wise for us, it's not gonna be noticeable at all, but it DOES mess with OTHER ASPECTS of the game, like NPC vs NPC. For example: an Invasion or Crossfire missions. Literally you can go into and Invasion Exterminate mission, side with the Corpus, which they will have a lower level than the opposing side. You can go watch netflix and come back and the Corpus would have finished the mission for you.

Before the whole shield gate thing, that whole aspect was rather balanced out, but now it always tips to the favor of the Corpus. IDK if it matters to you but it' feels wrong. I guess in the end that's one of the main beefs I got with the shield gate on Corpus (I liked simulating mock battles in Simulacrum).  And honestly, removing or toning down the shield recharge rate on their shield gate and ONLY that would definitely fix it, it's not much, won't really affect anything when it comes to players vs Corpus, 'cause in the end, we won't notice any of it. 

Also to quote

Yes, indeed, Lancers are in fact quite more durable than many Corpus enemies. But did you know that because non-elite Lancers, they spawn from lvl 0, while Elite lancers, start spawn from lvl 15? In general, most non-elite units have more healh/shield/armor than thei elite counterparts. I really don't understand this whole effective health thing but in the end, they're just numbers, and in practice, the big difference in number doesnt really mattter that much. I tested in Simulacrum at lvl 145, Sounds bad but it's really not that crazy. Takes maybe a few more bullets, depends on the weapons, to kill, all the same. Also, if you're talking "one of the tankiest Corpus units" as in like...Tech, yeah... I don't believe you...I tried it out, lvl90 Lancer took like 6 bullets from my Prisma Grakata while the Tech took...80-ish bullets.

Using my endgame Amprex corrosive build with a top notch riven (with -infested damage, so it doesn't interfere with these numbers), it takes 24 ammo to kill a lv 165 Elite Lancer, while it takes 30 ammo for the lv 165 Corpus Tech, and that's with a damage type that is good vs armor neutral vs alloy armor, and poor vs proto shields/ neutral to flesh. In the previous system, I guarantee that the E. Lancer would take at least 10 more ammo due to armor scaling being ridiculous.

Obviously the numbers I was using in my reply earlier was before the S-curve changes and with the non-elite variant to drive the point home, I very well know that the elite variant replaces the normal, I was simply pointing out that one of the weakest units in the game would have more effective health than a Corpus Tech at lv 90. For reference, the Elite variant would have it's effective health doubled to 110k. Your claim of "Corpus were on par with Grineer" before the armor changes was very incorrect. When the low level version of an enemy that stops spawning after lv 15 can be nearly as tanky as one of the heavy Corpus units? Yeah no, there's something seriously wrong there. Even with Corpus units having more annoying units in general, that's really not an excuse to leave Corpus units falling apart like toilet paper in a thunderstorm.

As for the term effective health, that refers to how much damage an enemy can take before they die, and includes things like health, shields, and armor. In Diablo 3 for example, this term is referred to as toughness, and is a combination of your armor from Dex/ Str, you resistances from Int, your health, and any damage reduction modifiers.

Now on to the thing we both seem to agree with: shield recharging units for the Corpus.

I do think this should be looked at. I like the whole shield gating for Corpus, buffing their shields, making them survive against us a little longer. But for newer players, unfortunate weapon choices, or unlucky positioning of Corpus units, this can all combine to create a somewhat ridiculous scenario where the enemy's shields just keep resetting. I personally haven't had a problem with it outside of the Grendel missions where the problem seemed hilariously overtuned if you aren't using frames like Revenant or Octavia. Like I mentioned, adding a cooldown to the shield link for the Ospreys or making it so it doesn't work like a pseudo- Arcane Aegis could also work.

Again, my point in my reply was correcting just how squishy the Corpus units were. Whatever weapons and builds that I use don't really care about the Corpus Techs. If it takes out Heavy Gunners and Bombards, I don't even need to see how it performs against the Techs since they would die 5x quicker in the previous system. Now with the armor and shield changes, it's a bit closer if you're just using elements strong vs Grineer and I think that's fine. You don't need to build solely corrosive damage on weapons anymore if you want lazy loadouts and the Corpus still average more damage than Grineer.

Edited by xChibix
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, xChibix said:

Using my endgame Amprex corrosive build with a top notch riven (with -infested damage, so it doesn't interfere with these numbers), it takes 24 ammo to kill a lv 165 Elite Lancer, while it takes 30 ammo for the lv 165 Corpus Tech, and that's with a damage type that is good vs armor neutral vs alloy armor, and poor vs proto shields/ neutral to flesh. In the previous system, I guarantee that the E. Lancer would take at least 10 more ammo due to armor scaling being ridiculous.

Obviously the numbers I was using in my reply earlier was before the S-curve changes and with the non-elite variant to drive the point home, I very well know that the elite variant replaces the normal, I was simply pointing out that one of the weakest units in the game would have more effective health than a Corpus Tech at lv 90. For reference, the Elite variant would have it's effective health doubled to 110k. Your claim of "Corpus were on par with Grineer" before the armor changes was very incorrect. When the low level version of an enemy that stops spawning after lv 15 can be nearly as tanky as one of the heavy Corpus units? Yeah no, there's something seriously wrong there. Even with Corpus units having more annoying units in general, that's really not an excuse to leave Corpus units falling apart like toilet paper in a thunderstorm.

As for the term effective health, that refers to how much damage an enemy can take before they die, and includes things like health, shields, and armor. In Diablo 3 for example, this term is referred to as toughness, and is a combination of your armor from Dex/ Str, you resistances from Int, your health, and any damage reduction modifiers.

Yeah ok fair enough. but you are confusing me a bit with your words, is all that stuff about lvl165 elite lancer and tech from BEFORE the armor scaling reduction, or after? I can't say I 'd belive that it's after but then again, I havent reached lvl 165 in Simulacrum yet. 

And yeah, I do agree with you on the part that Corpus were generally weaker in terms of durability be4 all this, yes. But then again, if they are both the same level of tankiness...then one faction would definitely triumphs over the other on OTHER aspects..the Corpus has ALOT going for them, more than the Grineer, Grineer really..only has their armor and tankiness to rely on, Grineer enemies are quite straight-forward, and they also got nerfed A LOT...such as Manics, Napalms, Hyakka Masters, Balistas, Scorch, etc... While the Corpus, only got better and more annoying enemies over-time, like Sniper Crewmen getting Ratels, Bursas, damn Sapping Ospreys etc..and now, they got shield gate, and Grineer got their armor nerfed. So I'd say, in terms of overall annoyance and dps, I think Corpus are currently above in those regards. 

And let's not ignore the fact that Corpus's grenade, deals 3 times or even 4 times the damage that Grineer's grenade deals. I'm not kidding. Grineer's grenade only deals like 150 dmg at lvl 30, while Corpus's deals 450 at lvl 30. Shield gating on Warframe does mitigate it a bit but in terms of damage numbers, Corpus is superior. And, the fact that Corpus now have, pretty much the same level of tankiness as the Grineer, still a bit weaker but NOT BY MUCH, and considering the Corpus's arsenal, they're pretty on par with the Grineer as an enemy faction, or even better, right now.

14 hours ago, xChibix said:

Now on to the thing we both seem to agree with: shield recharging units for the Corpus.

I do think this should be looked at. I like the whole shield gating for Corpus, buffing their shields, making them survive against us a little longer. But for newer players, unfortunate weapon choices, or unlucky positioning of Corpus units, this can all combine to create a somewhat ridiculous scenario where the enemy's shields just keep resetting. I personally haven't had a problem with it outside of the Grendel missions where the problem seemed hilariously overtuned if you aren't using frames like Revenant or Octavia. Like I mentioned, adding a cooldown to the shield link for the Ospreys or making it so it doesn't work like a pseudo- Arcane Aegis could also work.

Yeah I'm glad we got that in common at least. the whole constant shield gate is a bit of a tricky and troublesome thing imo. For us, veteran players, we won't really....feel the effects of it, probably at all...maybe we will, at like...lvl 165+ Orb Vallis enemies but yeah (did you know Orb Vallis enemies actually do not have the constant shield recharge thing? It has a 4-5s cooldown be4 shield recharge)

But yeah, like I said, I like the shield gate thing they added to the Corpus, does help them survive a BIT longer. But I think they really should just have ONLY the whole shield gate preventing lethal damage with 5% dmg bleedover, ONLY that. The whole constant shield recharge thing can stay, but only with shield osprey link. 

The whole constant shield recharge thing can potentially cause more problems in terms of math than it helps. It could potentially make enemies pretty much indestructible in certain, specific situations. Plus, the whole AI NPC vs AI NPC thing I mentioned, Corpus are...pretty much...immortal when it comes to fighting other faction enemy NPCs, with their constant shield recharge. They just don't deal enough damage to go through their shield recharge rate like we do. If you pit a lvl 30 elite crewman against 2 lvl 30 elite lancers, the elite crewman would come out on top with no damage done to them in the end. 

I know it's not something that we generally come into in the game, but there's the whole Invasion mission and I feel it's justified that things should...cater to that aspect of the game as well imo. 

Edited by SprinKah

9 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Yeah ok fair enough. but you are confusing me a bit with your words, is all that stuff about lvl165 elite lancer and tech from BEFORE the armor scaling reduction, or after? I can't say I 'd belive that it's after but then again, I havent reached lvl 165 in Simulacrum yet. 

I did that testing after you replied to me a 2nd time, so with the current S-curse changes. The numbers I was using for effective health where I was comparing the non-elite Lancer vs Tech should be from the previous armor scaling curse since I was grabbing the values from wiki pages before march of this year. I was simply using those numbers to show just how paper the Corpus really were before the nerf to armor and slight buff to shield amount. Shield gating helps to close the gap a bit more.

But for the testing, Elite Lancers seem to be about as tanky as the Techs vs corrosive damage since they aren't weak to it, and the corrosive status does strip some armor. Heavy Gunners fall pretty quick since ferrite armor is weak to corrosive, taking about 20 ammo or so. Bombards take much more ammo, ~75, to kill with corrosive damage. Techs again take 28-30, and E. Lancers take ~20.

If I swap to radiation damage on my Amprex, Heavy Gunners aren't phased by it, dumping all 100 ammo of a mag only gets them to 1/2 hp. Techs die in 22 ammo. Bombards take ~30-33 ammo, despite having alloy armor. Elite Lancers take about 10 ammo but their alloy armor and health amount is much lower than the Bombard's so it makes sense.

All this was done without aiming for headshots as well.

Not a fan of shield gating on enemies, it doesn't really increase skill requirement it just slows things down. Why would anyone want to carefully aim their sniper or bow 10 times when there are 10 enemies on screen? It'a annoying so they wouldn't, they'd just lob a Bramma cluster or hose them down with an Ignis or some kind of automatic.

It was a thing in Mass Effect, but only you had it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, xChibix said:

I did that testing after you replied to me a 2nd time, so with the current S-curse changes. The numbers I was using for effective health where I was comparing the non-elite Lancer vs Tech should be from the previous armor scaling curse since I was grabbing the values from wiki pages before march of this year. I was simply using those numbers to show just how paper the Corpus really were before the nerf to armor and slight buff to shield amount. Shield gating helps to close the gap a bit more.

But for the testing, Elite Lancers seem to be about as tanky as the Techs vs corrosive damage since they aren't weak to it, and the corrosive status does strip some armor. Heavy Gunners fall pretty quick since ferrite armor is weak to corrosive, taking about 20 ammo or so. Bombards take much more ammo, ~75, to kill with corrosive damage. Techs again take 28-30, and E. Lancers take ~20.

If I swap to radiation damage on my Amprex, Heavy Gunners aren't phased by it, dumping all 100 ammo of a mag only gets them to 1/2 hp. Techs die in 22 ammo. Bombards take ~30-33 ammo, despite having alloy armor. Elite Lancers take about 10 ammo but their alloy armor and health amount is much lower than the Bombard's so it makes sense.

All this was done without aiming for headshots as well.

I just tested, you probably have a riven on your Amprex, I don't, these are the data I got from my tests against lvl 145 with Corrosive+Heat, this is what I got:

lvl145 Heavy Gunner: 20-25 ammo

lvl145 Elite Lancer: 20-25 ammo

lvl145 Bombard: 60-ish ammo

lvl145 Tech: 65-ish ammo.

And let's not ignore the fact that Ampres is a pretty high fire rate weapon, so the whole Shield Gate thing, stopping lethal damage with 5% bleed over doesn't really come into play too much, so it's pretty much against VANILLA Tech without shield gate. Granted, we would've had to use a lot more ammo againt Grineer if it was before the armor changes.

Then again, this kinda seals my point. While yes, technically the Corpus is still less tankiness OVERALL, but again with my point on Corpus having A LOT MORE going for them (Nuilifiers, Sapping Ospreys, Bursas, etc...) than the Grineer, which only really has their armor to rely on. Plus Corpus still deals absurd amount of damage. And you can't really deal with them via GAS anymore, only Toxin to bypass their shield, which yeah, you can go for Magnetic+Toxin to really specifically deal with them. 

So yeah, I'd say even without shield gate, Corpus does seem pretty on par with Grineer, not in terms of overall damage-sponginess, but their wide variety of enemies that can do a lot of different stuff and make things even harder for us than the Grineer. Plus, again, they deal a TON of damage, Techs shred my Chroma WAAAYYYY faster than let's say a Heavy Gunner does, even with Adaptation. 

27 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Then again, this kinda seals my point. While yes, technically the Corpus is still less tankiness OVERALL, but again with my point on Corpus having A LOT MORE going for them (Nuilifiers, Sapping Ospreys, Bursas, etc...) than the Grineer, which only really has their armor to rely on. Plus Corpus still deals absurd amount of damage. And you can't really deal with them via GAS anymore, only Toxin to bypass their shield, which yeah, you can go for Magnetic+Toxin to really specifically deal with them. 

Yeah I can agree with this. I know Corpus have always dealt more damage than Grineer and their units were much more annoying across the entire spectrum. I was pointing out how they were in fact less tanky. Buffing their shields at least helps make it feel like they aren't made of paper and have a chance to actually be annoying to us. But again, I think the constant shield regen needs to be looked at.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xChibix said:

Yeah I can agree with this. I know Corpus have always dealt more damage than Grineer and their units were much more annoying across the entire spectrum. I was pointing out how they were in fact less tanky. Buffing their shields at least helps make it feel like they aren't made of paper and have a chance to actually be annoying to us. But again, I think the constant shield regen needs to be looked at.

yeah, honestly, the whole constant shield recharge is the only part of it that makes me belly grumbles. Because I believe that it ruins more than it fixes imo. 

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 3

Just wanted to say I’m loving the shield gating so much. 

Before, shield and health were basically one long bar, where only part of it recharged (assuming there wasn’t enough damage to one-shot kill). That ultimately ended up being a very minor distinction in many fights, and shield and health were basically interchangeable, it’s just that one recharged.

With shield gating there’s a definite defined purpose to the shield. I’m running around with 7 health at the moment, which was a near certain death sentence before. Now it’s a risk/reward system where I have to decide “Okay, the lower my health, the more careful I have to be. I have to decide where I duck out of a fight if things get hairy, and take a breather to get my shields back before jumping into the fray again”. All with 7 health. There was no way that was an option before shield gating.

I really love just how much this relatively minor change has changed my fights, and I think it’s a very clever solution.

edit: Finally died cause I wasn’t careful enough 😅. Which was entirely on me; I chose to push my luck when I had the option to try backing off because of shield gating

Also, corpus are really fun to fight now 👍

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

Shield gating for enemies was thrown in blindly.

Sortie Assassinations are showing the problems very clearly, such as today's Tyl Regor with his constant zero-delay shield regeneration causing an effective -95% damage modifier on top of the Sortie's own elemental resistance enhancements (so no bypassing his armour, either). Even my beefy Supra Vandal couldn't peg much damage onto his health because that 1 shield regenerated between each projectile in that endless barrage was still enough to only allow the 5% 'bleed-over' through.

Mutalist Alad was another complete S#&$-show, because his damage gating during vulnerability takes shields into account - shields which are now strengthened due to the stat rebalance and happily regenerate more or less as much as you're able to deal with an on-par loadout and give him a handy extra gate, which also can't even be dealt with by sheer attrition of slash procs as a fallback as they too suffer the shield buffs. That's less of a pure shield gating mechanic problem and more the sum of the various parts of Revised interlinking with a fundamental bad design choice of poorly-scaled vulnerability gating that's made Rotten Salad kind of a pain in sorties for a long time, if you're the type to not always use your most broken options for 'fun', though.

• Like 6

Is it just Tyl Regor and Mutalist Alad who are being a problem with shield gating, @TheLexiConArtist? You sound like someone who’s top-tier, and a comprehensive list of units/characters whose shield gating is just too much from your perspective would be good to see. Perhaps there might be ways to deal with them through other adjustments, and a clear picture of what’s an issue might show a pattern

edit: It might be better to start a thread and get feedback from others on your level

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Is it just Tyl Regor and Mutalist Alad who are being a problem with shield gating, @TheLexiConArtist? You sound like someone who’s top-tier, and a comprehensive list of units/characters whose shield gating is just too much from your perspective would be good to see. Perhaps there might be ways to deal with them through other adjustments, and a clear picture of what’s an issue might show a pattern

edit: It might be better to start a thread and get feedback from others on your level

It really shines through most on Sortie assassinations, and as such I can't really make any declarations about ones I'm yet to see since the Revised update. DE threw in Assassinations to Sorties (and later boss reworks to the same) without ever actually considering how some of their boss designs are precariously balanced to work only at the level they're normally found - as an example, there were stalemate conditions in Vay Hek's boss fight as he could simply outheal what damage you could feasibly deal onto his erratic, time- and damage-gated hitbox. Kela had a similar problem with shield regen originally; both were status immune back then so procs couldn't be leveraged.

Ambulas still feels like a complete flailing mess because it was never designed to scale up so high - where a less powerful player might be able to struggle through most Sorties, Ambulas is just an enormous step up because of its timed fail-state, especially with so many other things going on, especially if you're not running a squad. Dodge explosions! Dodge orbital laser! Fight ambulas! Hack ambulas! Stop things fixing ambulas! Aaaaand there's Scrambus disabling powers left right and centre (back when they were passive disable auras, too)! Yeesh.

I imagine Kela post-Revised might turn out like Tyl did today, both of them are very mobile and have a hasty shield.

But I'm a bit of an odd one - though I have everything in the game, so I can cheese everything, I often try not to unless it's unavoidable. That and a low-MR alt account make me have a bit better judgement of what it's like for the low and middle-ground players, where everyone who uses the most busted stuff they can all the time is going to say "just use Mesa, lol"

If the Randomise Loadout button (with a little curating to avoid the absolute barest basic weapons) can give me something that skill can't compensate, it's probably worth investigating.

• Like 3

On 2020-03-24 at 9:58 PM, SprinKah said:

Toxin to bypass their shield, which yeah, you can go for Magnetic+Toxin to really specifically deal with them. 

Until a Bursa rolls up.

I tested Toxin build on Phantasma in Simulacrum, bodyshotting lvl.100 Techs, Anti Moas, and Bursas.

Anti Moa went down with 2 mags to the knee, Tech took ~9 mags... and I nearly fell asleep trying to kill a Bursa with toxin.

Switching to Viral, it took ~7 mags to do for the Techs (slightly better), ~7 mags for the Anti Moas (significantly slower, but the Moas aren't the biggest problem anyway, innit? Maybe these should be buffed to be as scary as the Techs...) and the Bursas went down nice and fast too (the proc-stacking makes Viral better than Corrosive for Alloy Armour AtM).

I think that's a problem: the Grineer are the Armour faction, but the devs still chuck a bit of Armour into the Corpus too. So that's what the player has to build for, because where there is Armour, that's the biggest obstacle to a short kill-time.

Add to that the Infested heavies are weak to Corrosive damage; when you have enough of that to kill the heavies fast, you have enough sheer damage to deal with the light Infested too. And because they come on mob-handed, high RoF is desible there also. Swarm Mutalist Moas and the occasional Juggernaut are merely the clincher!

No wonder Corrosive on high-RoF status weapons was the old meta, and if Viral status gets nerfed we'll be right back there again.

• If it's desirable for players to use diverse Damage types, I'd say it's needed to re-jig the Health modifiers so two out of three factions aren't vulnerable to the same Damage type.
  • The question of whether the same Damage type which has a substantial bonus against Ferrite Armour should also proc the Armour-stripping Status effect is IMHO worthy of review. My feeling is the choice should be either brute-force the Armour DR with the approprite Damage type and crits or defeat the DR by stripping the Armour via stacking Status; not both at once.
  • A careful look at the use of Armour in non-Grineer enemies might also be warranted.

In summary, Elemental Damage types and combinations need to be mapped out so that each faction is genuinely more vunerable to types and combinations which are not buffed against the other factions.

As far as Physical Damage types go -- Slash is clearly the best for Infested. Puncture should be the go-to against Armoured Grineer... but the Armour-ignoring properties of Slash's Status proc massively undermine this. My view (which I anticipate to be quite unpopular) is that Slash Status procs should deal Slash Damage, which does not ignore Armour.

Warframe abilities which suffered from the change to Bleed Status should inflict "true" Damage DoT instead, which may be reverted to ignore Shields as it previously did, thus restoring their lost power.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by OmegaVoid
  • Like 3

It has been weeks since I have replied to this post again, and now I think I may have been TOO hasty about Shield Gating for enemies.

Yeah, it is annoying every once in a while, but I just needed to get used to it. It made Corpus missions more fun, and encouraged me to pop open Corpus toaster hats more often with my Euphona Prime, Redeemer Blasts, and even my Lenz arrows.

There are still noticeable problems, like some enemies having shields but no heads and the percentage of damage that goes through the shield gate being very low, but I'm not as bothered by them now than I was before.

2 hours ago, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

It has been weeks since I have replied to this post again, and now I think I may have been TOO hasty about Shield Gating for enemies.

Yeah, it is annoying every once in a while, but I just needed to get used to it. It made Corpus missions more fun, and encouraged me to pop open Corpus toaster hats more often with my Euphona Prime, Redeemer Blasts, and even my Lenz arrows.

There are still noticeable problems, like some enemies having shields but no heads and the percentage of damage that goes through the shield gate being very low, but I'm not as bothered by them now than I was before.

Shooting heads is pretty much mandatory at this point, it's pretty much the way to deal with pretty much every enemy. No one ever really tries to aim for the body. 

But I get what you mean, I don't disagree with the whole shield gate on Corpus 100%, I'm not against making Corpus a bit harder to deal with but, I thought shield gate was a way to make enemy factions, Grineer and Corpus to be in lined with each other in terms of difficulty. But honestly they have already achieved that with lowering the armor scaling of the Grineer.

Truthfully speaking though, let's be honest, Corpus has always had A LOT going for them and a wide variety of enemy units to make up for their SORTA-fragility. they deal a bunch of damage and they have so many annoying enemies like Nullifiers and Sapping Ospreys and etc...While the Grineer, only really had their armor to rely on, Grineer enemies have had a looooooooong histroy of getting nerfed...Hyekka Masters, Scorch, Napalms, Flameblades, etc... and a lot of grineer enemies are plagued with hit-reg and bugs, etc...

And now that Corpus got their hands on some shield gate, it does give it a rather...imbalance feeling that gives me bad vibes. I'm MR 24 player, some shield gate on Corpus isn't gonna change much with my crazy loadouts. But the whole shield gate thing really messed up many other aspects of the game that I really care about, it does put a rather bad taste in my mouth. 

I'm just saying this again, just remove the constant shield-regen and we're all good, only keep the whole stopping-lethal damage part with 5% dmg spill-over! The whole constant shield-regen kinda doesn't do ANYTHING to combat veteran players' crazy arsenal because we deal a lot of dps. It affects low MR players the most. Removing the constant shield-regen will help newbie players deal with the Corpus without any diminishing returns (shield recharges faster than they can deal damage). Plus, it will help solve the issues that it brought up in...other aspects of the game that I really care about. 

I really like what you did with Warframes.

Could you do the same with Companions as well?

Also, could you buff Corpus shield gating to the level of Arbitration Drones? Truth be told, even on level 160 Corpus in Simulacrum, I haven't noticed any difference and usually one shot them, but Arbi Drone always requires at least two shots.

• 2 weeks later...

This was really nice overall!

People crying about hildryn, her passive is still usefull as a huge shield gate compared to the other warframes that have very short ones. She also became tankier with shields having a 25% innate damage reduction now. She got a lot from this update!

Mag is now also really good to use, and more fragile builds are usable with some skill and maneuvering!

This change is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

1. I like the short moment, that you have, when your shield is down:
It is rewarding to do something preventing your death through a heavy attack heal (if your hp is also low),
recharge your shield with an ability (e.g. Mag), activate something like "iron skin" (Rhino), use CC or just jump out of the fight.
It is fun finding solutions 🙂
Btw there are shield recharge mods in the game I did not use for a really long time...

2. I like that you try make us consider building our weapons to counter shields like we counter armor, but I just played a sortie where I actually modded for magnetic damage (enemys had the extreme shield buff) and it looked like a corpus tech had multiple magnetic procs, but his drone gave him alot of shield back.
Then I was disappointed and switched to toxin damage. Maybe viral would have been the best anyway...

Best regards

I know the odds of this happening are non existent but I'll try nonetheless.

It'd be greatly appreciated if it were possible to flip shield gating off on frames as an optional choice in loadouts or something.  I don't care if the enemies have it, I care about my Valkyr having it.  It's made it more obnoxious to proc hunters adrenaline which is one of my biggest sources of energy when energy orbs are being stubborn and won't drop.  

Either that or an ability to just outright turn shields off

Other than that, it's very much appreciated on my other frames, especially in railjack

Edited by (PS4)Coldheartkiller7

It's been a while and I still wish the constant shield-regeneration aspect of Corpus shield gate to be removed. 

If you ask me why I still wish for it. It's explained by this short video below.

Spoiler

Before Corpus shield-gate, spawning these particular sets of NPCs would make for a very balanced fire-fight, one side would triumph over the other depends on the AI behaviors of each.  

Now, no matter what happens, Corpus side would ALWAYS prevail because of their shield regeneration, constantly zero-ing out whatever damage the Grineer side inflicts.

Corpus already has Shield Ospreys to give Corpus pretty much endless amount of shield gating and shield regeneration already so I think removing built-in shield regen of Corpus shield gate won't really change much. In the end, the whole stopping lethal damage is the main working-horse of Corpus shield gate anyway.

Plus, with armor-scaling nerfed on Grineer, even without shield gate, Corpus's already pretty on par with Grineer in terms of durability anyway, even without shield-gate. Corpus's also generally a way more annoying faction to face against, that deal a lot more damage than most Grineer enemies. They don't particularly need shield-gate anymore in my opinion, or at least as effective as it is currentlly.

Just removing the constant shield-regeneration aspect would really solve the remaining kinks that I find about Corpus shield-gate and would make Corpus a lot more well-rounded faction.

Perhaps a tiny bit nit-picky but I personally care a lot about the aspect of the game shown in the short video I posted above, I weighed the pros and cons, I believe it wouldn't really affect much of anything if my suggestion comes to pass and in turn, increase the enjoyment I have with the game greatly. I'm a big fan of going into Invasion missions to just observe the NPCs' behaviors and the entirety of Corpus shield gate, especially the constant shield-regen aspect of it, takes it all away. It's a niche pass-time but it's there. 

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 2