Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

The arcane changes are fine, they're an overall buff and generally I'm using a wider range of arcanes than before.

A few things:

• While it's true that theoretically to max out your arcane collection required getting two lots of each, I think a lot of people either stopped at one lot, or stopped at just the arcanes they wanted to use (and didn't max out everything "just in case"). In practice, for a number of players, it's going to feel like the grind has doubled. Where you only needed to get 20 arcanes to max out a build, you now need 42. It probably wouldn't hurt to increase the drop chances, add more ways to get them, etc. 
  • Those that were nerfed are still useful, e.g. Energize. Having said that, Flow has gone from an already niche mod to almost pointless. Now that all methods of regenerating energy are either (directly or effectively) energy over time mechanics (Energize is up to 10 energy per second), increasing energy efficiency is more effective than increasing energy capacity. So in that respect, build diversity had decreased.
  • Also, the descriptions on the Arcanes should clearly and directly state what they do, quite a few of them are vague or misleading (sometimes even making them appear worse than they actually are).
  • Some arcanes could probably use more deterministic mechanics. For example, the "charger" arcanes are unlikely to ever see much use as they are. If I'm killing with my melee weapon to (unreliably) activate a non-deterministic primary weapon buff, then that suggests melee is my main source of damage, so why would I switch to my primary, and why wouldn't I use an arcane that just buffs my melee directly? Perhaps if they had deterministic effects, e.g. "after 5 primary kills", they would see more use. I could then choose my own timing in mission, and my own targets, and activate the buff at my discretion. I wouldn't have to swing at everything indiscriminately with my secondary damage dealing weapon to activate a buff on my primary damage dealing weapon.
Edited by schilds

I fear that these Forums were created strictly to create the illusion of empathy for the Warframe populace and that all who have taken the time to voice their valid concerns seems to "fall on deaf ears!" It is ironic that we are told to "to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner!" when it does NOT matter what we say since apparently no one actually READS it anyways. We are becoming like the book "Brave new world" for tells to keep taking our Soma and be complacent Epsilons trudging thru hours upon hours of endless grind with no real reason other then because the Alpha's at DE say it so. The Grind is REAL is true now more than ever. A sad day for us all. (wipes tears from cheek)

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, schilds said:

Now that all methods of regenerating energy are either (directly or effectively) energy over time mechanics (Energize is up to 10 energy per second)

Energize does not give energy/s like Zenurik's focus passive does, it works exactly the same before the nerf, giving the 25-150 energy instantly, it just has a 15 second cooldown before it can be triggered again.

Energize, grace, aegis and guardian are highend gear that takes a lot of time to grind. You need at least 200 captures of eidolons to get it at r3. This means over 50 hour of playing. And now it is not better than squad restore because of the cooldown? I was really happy after i get a full set. Now i am really disappointed about this change. Despite of shield gating and this arcane changes i have less survailabilty and less fun because some of my builds are no more working. This update is not well balanced. It was never a good idea to nerf the really usefull gear to the ground. In the devstream the statement was very clear. We want a wider variety to be useful. I dont see now a lot of useful arcanes. We have less options. 

Remove cooldown entirely or make the legendary to common because in this state there are common not legendary. This would reflect the state of this gear. 

• Like 3

For those who continue to be "ok" with the changes and describing them as a buff:

Before update:
Arcane Nullifier Rank 3 + Rank 0 = 100% chance to resist mag dmg effect
 equates to 10 Arcanes + 1 Arcanes = 11 Arcanes needed

After update

Arcane Nullifier Rank 5 = 102% chance to resist mag dmg effect
 equates to 21 Arcanes needed

Please explain how requiring me to now farm for 10 additional Arcanes to obtain the same results is "basically the same!"

*** Cricket chirp***  ***Cricket chirp****

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, xChibix said:

Energize does not give energy/s like Zenurik's focus passive does, it works exactly the same before the nerf, giving the 25-150 energy instantly, it just has a 15 second cooldown before it can be triggered again.

I know how it works, and that cooldown means that in practice it's now energy over time. 150 energy per 15 seconds, to be exact.

Here is how Energize worked in practice before: You'd get into (or prepare for) a fight, you'd cast your abilities, the fight would be over, and you'd get a bunch of orbs which would fill up your energy to capacity. Most of that energy was wasted, since it took you over capacity. So Energize scaled off your energy capacity, and worked best paired with Flow. This also tended to favour dropping Zenurik (as it decreases in relative value) and building for long duration and/or low efficiency.

Now how it works, in practice, is that your energy is rationed out at a slower pace. You will hit capacity less often, have less excess energy, and be capped at 150 energy every 15 seconds. It's more bursty than Zenurik, but it's still a fixed amount of energy over time which is better paired with Streamline or Fleeting Expertise. Since Energy efficiency mods are being used, Zenurik increases in value, so generally you'll use Energize with Zen, rather than instead of it.

Maybe they could change Energize to restore a percentage of energy (maybe 30%, haven't done the maths), which would favour building for energy capacity instead of efficiency.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

For those who continue to be "ok" with the changes and describing them as a buff:

Before update:
Arcane Nullifier Rank 3 + Rank 0 = 100% chance to resist mag dmg effect
 equates to 10 Arcanes + 1 Arcanes = 11 Arcanes needed

After update

Arcane Nullifier Rank 5 = 102% chance to resist mag dmg effect
 equates to 21 Arcanes needed

Please explain how requiring me to now farm for 10 additional Arcanes to obtain the same results is "basically the same!"

*** Cricket chirp***  ***Cricket chirp****

That's easy. Before you had to have two arcanes to achieve that effect. Now you only need one, which means you have a spare slot to put another arcane in. That's a buff.

In the end, it's because your frame is limited by arcane slots, not arcane counts.

Besides which, who farmed *just* for Nullifier? People generally farmed for rarer arcanes, and got way more of stuff like Nullifier than they needed. I do think DE perhaps miscalculated a little here, because some people traded or gave extra arcanes away. It's true that means some player's buffs will come at the cost of more grind. I only did a bit of arcane trading so still have most of my excess :-P.

Edited by schilds

6 minutes ago, schilds said:

That's easy. Before you had to have two arcanes to achieve that effect. Now you only need one, which means you have a spare slot to put another arcane in. That's a buff.

In the end, it's because your frame is limited by arcane slots, not arcane counts.

Besides which, who farmed *just* for Nullifier? People generally farmed for rarer arcanes, and got way more of stuff like Nullifier than they needed. I do think DE perhaps miscalculated a little here, because some people traded or gave extra arcanes away. I only did a bit of arcane trading so still have most of my excess :-P.

You must be the top salesman at the Used Car Lot if you expect anyone to accept your steaming pile of Grineer excrement. 

While it may have cleared a slot to allow more Arcane options with the creation of Rank 5, it does NOT suddenly mean 11 = 21 in any math theory I am aware of. I will NOT allow you to be the supreme authority of what I should or should not farm for and that my results would be exactly the same as yours.  Apathetic Players like you, who are generally unaffected by these changes,is what DE is counting on to quell any discontent from those that are adversely affected. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, schilds said:

I know how it works, and that cooldown means that in practice it's now energy over time. 150 energy per 15 seconds, to be exact.

Here is how Energize worked in practice before: You'd get into (or prepare for) a fight, you'd cast your abilities, the fight would be over, and you'd get a bunch of orbs which would fill up your energy to capacity. Most of that energy was wasted, since it took you over capacity. So Energize scaled off your energy capacity, and worked best paired with Flow. This also tended to favour dropping Zenurik (as it decreases in relative value) and building for long duration and/or low efficiency.

Now how it works, in practice, is that your energy is rationed out at a slower pace. You will hit capacity less often, have less excess energy, and be capped at 150 energy every 15 seconds. It's more bursty than Zenurik, but it's still a fixed amount of energy over time which is better paired with Streamline or Fleeting Expertise. Since Energy efficiency mods are being used, Zenurik increases in value, so generally you'll use Energize with Zen, rather than instead of it.

Maybe they could change Energize to restore a percentage of energy (maybe 30%, haven't done the maths), which would favour building for energy capacity instead of efficiency.

Except.. it functionally still works the same, you just don't get 500+ energy after a fight, you just get up to 150-250 after a fight depending your your Energize's rank and how many orbs you pick up, and if you're running Zenurik or not.

I wanted to make this distinction because 10 energy/s mechanically is way more broken than 150 energy every 15 seconds, especially if it worked with channel skills.

On 2020-03-08 at 1:22 PM, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

Please explain what you mean by "easy access to them again."

Specifically, When ever has Arcane Energize been easily accessible? ("them also implies access to multiple units being easily accessible) Do not count the 1 Arcane Energize that was a reward for Nightwave

In addition, your statement implies that you have some knowledge of the upcoming events' methods of obtaining Standing and the prices of the Arcanes that will be offered else you would not have the authority to give such opinions

Sorry to inform you but the "middle finger" was given to every Warframe player when they profoundly changed the functionality of the entire Arcane library with the sole reason to make a tedious grind exponentially worse in the guise of creating diversity.  The implications of DE's continued subterfuge of denying continued requests for the basic mechanics of how certain Arcanes actually work should be more of a concern than your demands for change equal to your "double stacking" days before the update!

Firstly, Arcane Energize was given away twice, in 2 Nightwaves. That is 2 Arcanes for everyone who participated, which according to their own admission was an unquestionably and very clear majority of people. This means that an unarguably vast volume of Arcane Energizes were injected into the community. 

Secondly, if you watched the dev-stream; they said that the next event will have a vendor to purchase all the Arcanes you want. Again an unarguably vast volume of Arcane Energizes will be injected into the community.

Thirdly, they also mentioned the increase in drop rates of Arcanes at the release of that event.

I'm not after money or value friend. They say continuously, neigh, consistently that they want the player grind to feel rewarding. Well... For those of us you actually did the work, regardless of method to gain high rank Arcanes, how are the changes rewarding us? Hence, Huge Middle Finger.

They took the stand of, "People farmed the 5k mutagen samples so it stays" as an acknowledgment to the people who had committed themselves to reaching the high standard set. But now, they not only make our efforts redundant, but also continue to insult us by further by introducing mechanics which make our efforts to reaching the high standard an ongoing self-inflicted punishment.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheSilverians said:

Firstly, Arcane Energize was given away twice, in 2 Nightwaves. That is 2 Arcanes for everyone who participated, which according to their own admission was an unquestionably and very clear majority of people. This means that an unarguably vast volume of Arcane Energizes were injected into the community. 

Secondly, if you watched the dev-stream; they said that the next event will have a vendor to purchase all the Arcanes you want. Again an unarguably vast volume of Arcane Energizes will be injected into the community.

Thirdly, they also mentioned the increase in drop rates of Arcanes at the release of that event.

I'm not after money or value friend. They say continuously, neigh, consistently that they want the player grind to feel rewarding. Well... For those of us you actually did the work, regardless of method to gain high rank Arcanes, how are the changes rewarding us? Hence, Huge Middle Finger.

They took the stand of, "People farmed the 5k mutagen samples so it stays" as an acknowledgment to the people who had committed themselves to reaching the high standard set. But now, they not only make our efforts redundant, but also continue to insult us by further by introducing mechanics which make our efforts to reaching the high standard an ongoing self-inflicted punishment.

A for Effort but NO...  sorry 2 Arcanes from nightwave out of 21 needed Try again!  Yes they have said lots of things and not followed thru so that isn't sufficient either nor have they specified what those prices will be for a reason! Shady!

Equating a mutagen drop farm to an Arcane Energize Farm is completely  irrelevant!

Explain how 11 Arcanes = 21 then you will have a shred of credibility.

• Like 2

Arcane Tanker needs to be give at least 1800 armor like it put down to the devworkshop before the patch. I hope its current state is a bug cause now we praticly gaining half of what we get before the patch which is 1200 armor with 21 arcanes. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

A for Effort but NO...  sorry 2 Arcanes from nightwave out of 21 needed Try again!  Yes they have said lots of things and not followed thru so that isn't sufficient either nor have they specified what those prices will be for a reason! Shady!

Equating a mutagen drop farm to an Arcane Energize Farm is completely  irrelevant!

Well I can offer a slightly different point of view perhaps. All the arcanes that revolved around resisting status effects were all completely additive with each other.

Using 2 Guardians or 2 Energizes before the change didn't add up the chances to give you a single greater chance, they had their own chances to procc and their own effects that stacked when procced. If arcanes like Nullifier would have been separate, multiplicative chances to resist the status that each one is aimed towards, they would have been completely useless and this discussion would not even have existed.

In your case of wanting to use Nullifier, yes this entire change is a straight nerf. But for every other type of arcane that doesn't revolve around making you immune to a status (read as: Resistance, Nullifier, Healing), it's a buff unless you were someone that ran 2x of those arcanes like Energize or Grace. Of course this isn't taking into account people that actually do have 21 Nullifiers or whatever else after the change and can now run Energize along with being immune a chosen status.

As for the comment of DE "saying lots of things and not following through" Steve literally said twice on their devstream that they will probably have to adjust the drop rates of Arcanes after this change that's only been out for 4 days by the way. They don't exactly want us to slog along with doing hundreds of Tricaps for our arcanes due to this change. They wanted to attempt to fix the system of "only 5 arcanes are useable, everything else is vendor trash". 

And with the new Operation on the horizon, I'd imagine plenty of people are going to farm complete sets of whatever they want. As for how long the grind will be and how expensive certain arcanes are, who knows! Maybe wait to see how it's implemented before criticizing an event we know next to nothing about?

Idk, just my 2c I guess. I like most of the changes to arcanes, though some of the nerfs seem a tad too harsh. As for farming them, I'm more than happy waiting to see how the Scarlet Spear rewards are handled and if/ when they change drop rates around. Most of the arcanes I use anyways are r2-r4 so they're at least useable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

Regardless of what the price will be, it will be far easier to attain period. Don't need to be a genius to realize that. 

I'm not going to waste time debating since you missed the entire point I made about the mutagen drop. Especially since the mutagen drop was only one of the many cases that could be mentioned.

They also said in the Dev-stream that the number of Arcanes people will be chasing to max, will be much easier to obtain because of the event and the increased drop rate.

Please read my posts again. I have made valid points. Whether you find them "relevant" or not is merely your opinion and not even a remotely accurate assessment of credibility.
The fact that you feel the need to try such trash closing tactic, in your last line, by attacking my credibility following your short response is lame.

All you have done is critique my points without providing any quality counter rebuttals.

I thought I was discussing the topic with you. But it seems that all you're capable of doing is criticizing my opinion.

If you find a quality point to rebut my view please present them. Otherwise don't stress yourself, since I no longer find any need to converse with you any further as you don't actually present a quality rebuttal. 

I've made my view known on the thread for their review, so I've achieved my objective.
Judging by my original post, I am not the only one who has such an view.

1 hour ago, TheSilverians said:

Regardless of what the price will be, it will be far easier to attain period. Don't need to be a genius to realize that. 

I'm not going to waste time debating since you missed the entire point I made about the mutagen drop. Especially since the mutagen drop was only one of the many cases that could be mentioned.

They also said in the Dev-stream that the number of Arcanes people will be chasing to max, will be much easier to obtain because of the event and the increased drop rate.

Please read my posts again. I have made valid points. Whether you find them "relevant" or not is merely your opinion and not even a remotely accurate assessment of credibility.
The fact that you feel the need to try such trash closing tactic, in your last line, by attacking my credibility following your short response is lame.

All you have done is critique my points without providing any quality counter rebuttals.

I thought I was discussing the topic with you. But it seems that all you're capable of doing is criticizing my opinion.

If you find a quality point to rebut my view please present them. Otherwise don't stress yourself, since I no longer find any need to converse with you any further as you don't actually present a quality rebuttal. 

I've made my view known on the thread for their review, so I've achieved my objective.
Judging by my original post, I am not the only one who has such an view.

Once again, No.

You demanding that they make changes to Arcane Energize to suit your needs is not the same. I never once mentioned anything about cool downs or the like since that was not my issue.  They had 2 hot fixes already yet NO mention of these magical drop rate fixes that will make everything right. Let's be real, if you think Arcanes will be "easier to obtain because of the event and the increased drop rate." then clearly you have not played the same Warframe I have been playing for over 5 years. Obviously you have NOT read the majority of the posts in this forum, since I am not the lone voice of dissent with regards to the recent Arcane changes.  I guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that this Magical Event you speak of will solve all the concerns being voiced in this forum.  Let us now prey!

Have a blessed day!

• Like 6

vor 5 Stunden schrieb TheSilverians:

afaik it's a railjack event though and afaik a vast majority of people doesn't like railjack at all (me included)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, umadgurl said:

afaik it's a railjack event though and afaik a vast majority of people doesn't like railjack at all (me included)

Also Railjack is still riddled with bugs and, in general, a boring experience due to lack of things to do and mission variety: kill 20-90 fighters, kill 2-6 crewship, go frag facility A, go demolish facility B, end.

Many arcanes feel too unreliable for what they do and their required grind, those with a fixed value got their cost increased by 110% for an extra 50% effect - give me a 50% cost increase or the full 100% increase! (better the first)

Cooldown on certain arcanes is an aberration, because it actually lowers their activation chance!

Say your Arcane energize procced? well, now for 15 seconds its actual chance is 0%!

• Like 4

Well after 6 years I’m done

its been on my mind for the last 2 years on how bad this game is being handled and I’ve stuck with all the changes nerfs reworks and really looked forward to them finally addressing enemy scaling

but gutting the arcades that was actually useful and expecting me to farm all over again to get them to a decent level again is the straw that broke the camels back

took me 2 friggin years of back to back raids to get all those, long before eidolons

the farm for most the sets I already had lots spare and I had double energise grace guardian barrier and avenger, so it’s doable for me to skip, but this just seems like enforced grind so we all play a rail jack event

i feel like a dog chasing it’s own tail on this game these days

and tbh I’ve had enough

yes I could circumvent the grind by buying them all with the masses of plat I’ve accumulated, but you what , why bother?
whats next rank 15 mods?

where does it end?

why wasn’t our rank 3 arcades just upped automatically to rank 5, Steve looked at the camera and said we don’t want to increase the grind, well mate you just did , cause you want us to play railjack basically and you had no carrot on a stick this time .

sorry it’s a ramble but for me it’s a hard no , not this time

gl Tenno for those who slog this one out..peace

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, zAph. said:

Well after 6 years I’m done

its been on my mind for the last 2 years on how bad this game is being handled and I’ve stuck with all the changes nerfs reworks and really looked forward to them finally addressing enemy scaling

but gutting the arcades that was actually useful and expecting me to farm all over again to get them to a decent level again is the straw that broke the camels back

took me 2 friggin years of back to back raids to get all those, long before eidolons

the farm for most the sets I already had lots spare and I had double energise grace guardian barrier and avenger, so it’s doable for me to skip, but this just seems like enforced grind so we all play a rail jack event

i feel like a dog chasing it’s own tail on this game these days

and tbh I’ve had enough

yes I could circumvent the grind by buying them all with the masses of plat I’ve accumulated, but you what , why bother?
whats next rank 15 mods?

where does it end?

why wasn’t our rank 3 arcades just upped automatically to rank 5, Steve looked at the camera and said we don’t want to increase the grind, well mate you just did , cause you want us to play railjack basically and you had no carrot on a stick this time .

sorry it’s a ramble but for me it’s a hard no , not this time

gl Tenno for those who slog this one out..peace

Your pain and betrayal resonates strongly within me. I almost might have to start going out now and play less Warframe....

• Like 1

On 2020-03-05 at 4:54 PM, Asgaeroth said:

It would be nice if arcanes were available in a wider variety of content. Operator arcanes come from eidolon night farming only which is really boring to farm the little guys and pointlessly stringent meta and frustrating to farm the big guys, there's a very small set and not very good set of arcanes available from arbitration, and the rest are hidden away in obscure hard to get into content.

though i disagree about anything hard to get them (beside the usual rng), i agree with the idea of spreading out the ways to get them. placing them to certain boss fights like the orbs too or even to some of the regular returning events would be fine - even if that means we can't 'farm' (or rather try to) for specific arcanes all the time. it would also lessen the rng concerned to the whole arcane aquiring procedure too without removing it completely. beside the eidolons, we have the 2 orbs (hopefully 3 soon) and 'harder' bosses like ambulas, the new ropalolyst (seriously DE, stop messing around with scrabble for name-finding...) and annoying gal from sedna too. it could be placed into somewhat of an 'elite' version of those, with higher level enemies and such, similar to the elite version of onslaugh. then we have the often returning events of the thermal fissures in the valis and the ghouls on the plains - maybe even the plague star event (even though it's not that often). most long-time players already have no reason to do those anymore and an incentive could change this.

so far, the most easiest arcanes to get are the operator ones - especially if one is farming the eidolons often and therefore getting tons of stuff to exchange for standing. the only barrier here is the daily limit. even the torrids are easy to come by - and the profit taker can be done all the time compared to the eidolons.

the new railjack also offers plenty of opportunities to place arcane rewards into. the missions are not fast nor too easy done and if the arcane would be placed as rewards for something more complicated than 'kill everything flying around', it would be a nice alternative to farming intrinsics from the one node in the veil that contains nothing but ships...

My biggest feedback is on the persistence of "dead" Arcanes that don't provide combat benefits (no one in their right mind is going to take parkour velocity over shield regen), and the fact that some old Arcanes are getting shafted with the new five-rank system.

Arcanes should always affect the damage you deal, the damage you take, or the resources you have. That doesn't mean they all need to be the same, but they do need to affect one of these things in order to be viable choices when Arcane Aegis, Arcane Guardian, and Arcane Energize exist. For example: Arcane Agility. It has a chance of bonus Parkour Velocity when you get damage. Not only is that boring, it isn't practical. Instead, have it do this:

Arcane Agility (R5)

* On damaged: 50% chance to gain +30% Parkour Velocity and 30% evasion while Bullet Jumping for 12 seconds.

There. Boom. Viable and relevant. It's different from the other defensive Arcanes in that it requires you to be moving around, filling the niche of a "mobility Arcane" while still providing a combat benefit.

That is how Arcanes need to be treated. Make them unique, but they need to actually do something to be worth the slot.

Some Arcanes are getting the short end of the stick with the new system, in that they actually get significantly weaker at Rank 3, and need to be ranked to 5 in order to get their former strength. For example: Magus Glitch. Before, you'd have 100% chance to resist Transference Static at rank 3. That went down to 51% with the update, requiring 11 more Glitches to get up to 102%. That feels terrible. Arcanes like these need to be rebalanced so that they have additional benefits at ranks 4 and 5, rather than cutting down the rank 3 strength. To use Magus Glitch as an example, maybe have Transference Static actually restore some shields at higher ranks.

• Like 7