Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

i will not going to comment on the changes to what the arcanes do but i do think needing 21 is way to many. Sure some people will say the event will help but. 

1)is the arcanes super cheap? i did not count but it feel like you need over 1000 arcanes to get everything.

2)not everyone will be here for the event or some will start playing after it so how often will the event happen since it might severely handicapped them?

• Like 1

The straight nerf to Magus Glitch was not appreciated.
If you must push the 100% reduction from rank 3 to rank 5, at least give me something back.

If I had my wish?
On Transference Static:
17% chance-per-rank to negate Transference Static, 0.5 sec-per-rank Warframe Invulnerability, for a moment to reorient when getting thrown back into my frame.
(I'd say 1/3 sec for a 2 sec at max, but I don't think the engine likes irrational numbers.)

The nerf to Arcane Energize was possibly needed, but highly disincentivizing to (Primed) Flow + negative efficiency builds - which might be intended?
tl;dr - as long as the energy economy relies on orb drops, and Energy Leeches exist, +75% eff is king.

I really like that 100% proc immunity to a specific type is now possible on a single slot.

The lowered proc %, higher effect on Arcane Guardian puts it into the same niche as Adaptation - it's a win-more mod.
If a frame can tank the hits until it procs, it's a significant boost to their survivability, and will probably sustain itself.
If a frame can't survive until it procs, well, it can't survive until it procs.
I'm not a fan, but that's a reaonsable use-case, if intended.

Magus Husk and Vigor got a buff. I'm not upset.

Can't really speak to any others. Either I don't have R3/R5 of them, or I don't use them.

Edited by Chroia
  • Like 3

So right now in order to go back to max again we need to get more Arcanes than we already had in order to get 1.5 of what we had when we were double stacking. Yeah doesn’t not feel, look or seems like a fair trade at all. More than twice the work for 3/4 of the benefits.... Yeah I get back to work then!

Speaking of the loss of the stacking mechanic, this is a nerf when it comes to the activation of the Arcanes and their beneficial effects (that we worked hard to benefit from btw). Having two of any of these were doubling the chances to activate but could also stack the effect, twice the work for twice the reward, if that’s not a fair trade I don’t know what is.

On top of that some arcanes like grace, aegis and barrier will now only activate upon receiving damage of a particular type (health or shield damage). So not only we lost the capability to overlap them and hope to trigger a shield recharge while taking health damage or vice versa but this also killed any Quickthinking/ Finess builds that we’re not only fun to use but also were part of the diversity DE was so inclined to deliver with those changes, well these builds can’t depend on any arcanes other than energize anymore (build successfully diversified).

Now insult your injury:  Not only we lost in effectiveness, lost the double stacking, got stats nerfing and singular damage types dismissing any overlapping and QT builds but we now have above all else a bloody cool down preventing the activation! Before the change if you were terribly unlucky you could be shot down in a vulnerable window because your arcane didn’t activated but now there is a guaranteed vulnerability period between each activation.

Who did this? Who though it was a good idea, who green lit and gave the go to this bloody mess of a change?

WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT IS WORKING FINE FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE ALONE?

You really messed upon this one.

• Like 9

On 2020-03-11 at 1:49 AM, xChibix said:

Not sure what you're trying to say but Magus Vigor doesn't give health to the warframe at all, only to the operator. Also Magus Husk and Vigor apply their respective bonuses that are then increased further by the Vazarin and Unairu waybounds. They are by no means "useless", if anything their effectiveness was increased indirectly with the additional ranks available from the Magus arcanes.

As for Unairu as a whole, the optimal Eidolon hunt squad has the dps of the group using Unairu to spawn wisps so the others can break the shield quicker. For anything outside of Eidolons, if you don't need energy, combo decay, damage, or affinity range, Unairu will be your choice for more base armor (not that it's super impactful) and the cloak + damage resistance for allies when in void mode.

oddly description was odd seems they fixed it with their trasmferance out what literaly means as operator sigh. talk about being over confusing. they just could have writen as operator or as warframe instead of transference in and transference out. sigh.

btw does the operator have any base armour or is it 0 ? if ibase operator armor is 0 then it need the armor arcana to gain bonus of the unairu waybound. 

because tthe operator stats are shown no where is what makes it confusing for me.  since its written no where if the operator it self has armor higher then 0.

hmm so 100 more health means total 1375 operator max health if use vazarin waybound enduring tides and  magus vigor rank 5. that max health falls in range with some warframe healths when used umbral set.

and yes it takes operator base + acranas and then times 2.5 from vazarin  waybound endruing tides

base health 250+ magis vigor rank 3 200 health* 2.5 vazarin waybound enduring tides is 1125 operator health

yes its (250+magus vigor) *2.5 the vazarin wyabound endruing tides

Edited by (PS4)chrdragon
typos

10 minutes ago, (PS4)chrdragon said:

oddly description was odd seems they fixed it with their trasmferance out what literaly means as operator sigh. talk about being over confusing. they just could have writen as operator or as warframe instead of transference in and transference out. sigh.

btw does the operator have any base armour or is it 0 ? if ibase operator armor is 0 then it need the armor arcana to gain bonus of the unairu waybound. th

because tthe operator stats are shown no where is what makes it confusing for me.  since its written no where if the operator it self has armor higher then 0.

Yes, operators have 25 base armor which is barely any at all, but since the armor waybound provides 500% increased armor (the description is wrong apparently) it works very well with Magus Husk especially when combined with the health regen waybound Vazarin has.

22 minutes ago, xChibix said:

Yes, operators have 25 base armor which is barely any at all, but since the armor waybound provides 500% increased armor (the description is wrong apparently) it works very well with Magus Husk especially when combined with the health regen waybound Vazarin has.

finally. 

its sadly no where written ingame they should imo also write for operator its stats on operators equipment UI. where onee manages operator equipment. this would make it easier.

Edited by (PS4)chrdragon
clarification

3 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Can you guys do something for arcane aegis? Its a garbage bin arcane right now. You did not "balance" it. You absolutely butchered it.

It's not garbage at all, use it with frames that have decent shield pools, Redirection, and a source of damage reduction either through abilities or Adaptation.

For example, Hildryn basically becomes unkillable for up to 12 seconds, and Gauss rolls content with Redirection and Adaptation.

They had to change Aegis's effect and nerf it's uptime with the introduction of shield gating or it would be BiS on every frame that has shields.

Edited by xChibix

2 hours ago, xChibix said:

It's not garbage at all, use it with frames that have decent shield pools, Redirection, and a source of damage reduction either through abilities or Adaptation.

For example, Hildryn basically becomes unkillable for up to 12 seconds, and Gauss rolls content with Redirection and Adaptation.

They had to change Aegis's effect and nerf it's uptime with the introduction of shield gating or it would be BiS on every frame that has shields.

I havent found a very good use for it outside hildryn. Why not just run Barrier? Hildryn makes good use of it the same reason inaros uses grace well.

Edited by Skaleek

7 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I havent found a very good use for it outside hildryn. Why not just run Barrier? Hildryn makes good use of it the same reason inaros uses grace well.

Well I did mention Gauss as another example. I don't remember the last time I took damage to my health bar outside of toxin damage with the build I mentioned.

2 minutes ago, xChibix said:

Well I did mention Gauss as another example. I don't remember the last time I took damage to my health bar outside of toxin damage with the build I mentioned.

Will give it a try, I ran old aegis on my gauss and harrow as well.

In my opinion the nerf to energize was a bit much. Kinda chunks your ability to do high energy use builds without a mandatory need for Trinity. Like saryn when joining pub ESO and you join in with three rhinos all with mediocre buff strength. Old energize you could make do with double stacked and reward everyone some good focus. Current energize. That exttra pop of energy is used with a single Miasma and then you have to wait 15 seconds to be able to get extra from an energy orb. The fact my Sahasa can dig up energy faster than the cooldown on energize is pretty bad.

In no way shape or form was this arcane buffed to 1.5x the strength cause the extra chance to proc or the little bit extra energy is thrown 6 feet into the dirt with the cooldown. AND THE COST IS OVER DOUBLED! Had to distill my second one to upgrade it fully and the energy im getting back is lackluster.  

The non proc on duration and the cooldowns are needed on some  arcanes if its to stay a thing. Like unlimited ammo on pistols after a headshot. Was maybe a bit busted. (but this is warframe.... so much is busted which is what makes other busted things balanced, rivens were a good choice. dispositions made old weapons viable again instead of nerfing strong weapons except a couple. RIP zenistar and Catchmoon) But on some arcanes its quite the turn off. They aren't over powered. They still don't replace the high energy per second of having a trinity but they make it at least manageable playing solo in high level content given the right loadout.

Making it so you can't equip doubles was nerf enough... plz remove the cooldown. So much time was invested to grind for those that now it feels wasted.

Edited by The-Ex-Wife
  • Like 3

Even the inability to equip two was a nerf. If your sahasa was to give you 3 energy orbs which i believe were 25 energy orbs

double energize could give base 75-675 energy based on luck. With the average being around roughly 400-450 energy with 2x 40% per orb. (from my experience)

Single R5 energize even without a cooldown would be 75-525, and with a 60%  would be around 300 energy. 

So with the cooldown on a R5 you get 75 if unlucky, 225 max possible from new energize every 15 seconds. 

For how hard the dam thing is to farm. and the build options it opened with High strength builds. even if the cooldown was 1 second. It still ruins the sahasa synergy which was the only real reason to equip that dog over a sentinal or buff kavat. 

• Like 4

Arcane Energize:

Either greatly reduce cooldown on Energize or greatly increase the energy it gives. And a bit more than 3/4 the chance of a double stacked, maybe 4/4.

On top, i ever found the description very misleading. "To replenish" means "to fill" but not "to fill in parts". Imagine you point at your empty glass and ask the waiter in a restaurant to replenish the drink you have, and he just fills in a tiny sip of water instead of filling it.. you arent very happy are you?

• Like 6

apparently no talk on previous devstream about the horrendous changes to arcanes.

first, they need to be as powerful as a double stacking full rank arcane. any less than that is not a simple rework, it's a straight up nerf.

second, some arcanes needs to be re-proc-able without cooldown, such as guardian.

lastly, put the coo9ldown of Energize to 5 second, max. the 15 second is completely stupid, and i seriously think that the one who thought about that should take a work break. late game gears ARE SUPPOSED to be powerful. what the #*!% is hard to understand with that?

this arcanes rebalance were... changes for the sake of change. that's a pathetic way to handle a game. if it ain't broken, don't #*!%ing fix it. you would think it would be easy to understand. change for the sake of change is NEVER a good idea.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 8

Hi team, 

It appears that there is a bug related to Magnetic damage while using Arcane Nullifier. I'm still getting my shields and/or energy drained even with the 102% supposed "Magnetic Damage Effect" resistance offered by Arcane Nullifier when testing against Ancient Disruptor. It also indicates that my Adaptation Mod is still attempting to reduce the damage from Magnetic sources.

Magnetic Damage Effect, to my understanding, is the ability of the Magnetic Damage Source to drain shields and/or energy, may it be the one-time or the lingering effect, as well as its ability to disrupt player HUD during the lingering effect. During testing, Arcane Nullifier prevented the lingering effect but the immediate effect was still affecting my Warframe. This means that my energy and/or shields were still getting drained but the HUD disruption was non-existent with said Arcane. Damage to energy or shields appear to be tied to the Ancient Disruptor's damage output, so higher levels mean higher shield/energy drain, which apparently is intended.

Please do let us know if this behavior of the Arcane Nullifier is intended, and if it is, please update the Arcane Nullifier description and include it on your release notes to ensure that other players may provide feedback. On the other hand, if it is a bug, a response would be nice so that we are assured that someone is looking into this, and so that we can continue to follow-up. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, rhes-sulay said:

Hi team, 

It appears that there is a bug related to Magnetic damage while using Arcane Nullifier. I'm still getting my shields and/or energy drained even with the 102% supposed "Magnetic Damage Effect" resistance offered by Arcane Nullifier when testing against Ancient Disruptor. It also indicates that my Adaptation Mod is still attempting to reduce the damage from Magnetic sources.

Magnetic Damage Effect, to my understanding, is the ability of the Magnetic Damage Source to drain shields and/or energy, may it be the one-time or the lingering effect, as well as its ability to disrupt player HUD during the lingering effect. During testing, Arcane Nullifier prevented the lingering effect but the immediate effect was still affecting my Warframe. This means that my energy and/or shields were still getting drained but the HUD disruption was non-existent with said Arcane. Damage to energy or shields appear to be tied to the Ancient Disruptor's damage output, so higher levels mean higher shield/energy drain, which apparently is intended.

Please do let us know if this behavior of the Arcane Nullifier is intended, and if it is, please update the Arcane Nullifier description and include it on your release notes to ensure that other players may provide feedback. On the other hand, if it is a bug, a response would be nice so that we are assured that someone is looking into this, and so that we can continue to follow-up. Thank you!

Sounds like it's working as intended. The arcane only prevents the Magnetic status effect from occurring, you are still taking Magnetic damage which depletes both your shields and, in the case of the Disruptor, also a bit of your energy in relation to the amount of damage taken.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 5:39 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Arcane Energize:

Of course a hot topic and I am sure an arcane which has been mentioned a LOT above. Can we get an official statement to say this might be changed in the NEAR future? Not 2025 with the next Arcane overhaul.

My comments here are mostly made where 2 energizes were being used on a build. As mentioned previously, 15 seconds between procs now after previously getting it to pop every few seconds is a huge nerf. Considering previously you had a decent chance for energize to proc from 1 orb if you had 2 arcanes on, with the potential for both to proc (happy days), the nerf is too much. Now you have a 60% chance every 15 seconds, so it is not even guaranteed every 15 seconds. In addition to this, getting 2 maxed energizes previously, now the new total of 21, is no easy feat. The rarity of the arcane should be reflected in its power.

In my opinion, the cool-down should be reduced to 10 seconds, with the chance of proc upped to 75%. The effect should give 175 energy on proc (with the 25 from the orb that's 200 energy). This seems like a better balance overall. Still a nerf from getting +100 energy on every other orb you pick up as it was before with 2x Energize. As it stands, for the grind some players did, or the cost others paid in platinum, this feels like another insult to vets in an ever growing trend we have seen in recent updates.

• Like 4

Please revert these changes or give them fully upgraded. Its a real slap in the face to add grind to something (Eidolons) so frustrating and rng. Steve said that you all weren’t tying to add grind anymore. The arcanes are so useless now at lower ranks. The grind was over before the change it should stay over. ESPECIALLY if  Scarlett Spear is anything like plague it’s just not worth that the countless hours. This game needs to be rewarding not a search for or short moments of fun. Warframe is not a job to its players so stop this stuff. 

• Like 7

A PS4 Player who just got the update today here.

Arcane Aegis has literally been killed. It does not have the 1.5x benefit other arcanes got (went from 4.5% proc chance to a 3% chance at rank 5).
Yes it got a shield % regen instead of a flat number which I think is fine. However on frames at about level 80 content (ie sorties) the arcane has about a 2-4 hit proc chance window that I'm also noticing hasnt ever proc'd after the shield gate has activated. (Yes I realize it only procs on shield damage now, it but if my shield is regening and I have 27 shields it should still be able to proc)

I really think it should be bumped to a 6% proc chance and still be able to proc of any damage taken instead of just shield damage taken. Currently as is I don't see it useable on any frames other than Hildryn and MAYBE Harrow

Edit: Upon further testing it seems that it does indeed proc even if the shield gate is broken. regardless it feels weak and worthless.

Edited by (PS4)BrandedCrow
new information
  • Like 1

Arcanes seem fine. I was thinking the changes to arcane aegis would have been a hard nerf, but it still seems quite strong. Limiting me to only 1 copy has made one of my less-used Warframes on a more balanced level than some of my previous most used Warframes - which typically ran 2x copies of Arcane Aegis. I have more incentive to not only use other arcanes now, but I also have more incentive to use alternative Warframes too. This was a well balanced change. 

• Nerfing arcanes while concurrently more than doubling their cost (#  needed to max) - sucks.   What should have been done if you nerf them is 10 arcanes gets you to R5.  Sure - some arcanes were buffed - ones that few used - and maybe they'll see some daylight, but the good ones took a hit.   In general, the upgraded efficacy of the arcanes is less than what a double set would have provided in the past.  Sure, now we can put something else in the other slot - but with rare exception (nullifier e.g.) we would have anyway if we wanted to.   Whats that expression about doing something and telling me its raining?  Cooldowns on arcanes  nerfed arcanes that still only have a chance to proc - sucks. Lowering both the chance to proc AND the frequency you can even roll that die is the typical hamfisted nerf approach akin to taking away blink in favor of universal blink and replacing it with ripline.
  • Leaving the Energize/Grace/etc rarer arcanes at their paltry drop chance feels bad.  I already multiple sets and have been generally playing less and less anyway - but the grind for new players for being greater than what I went through in return for something less worthwhile is distasteful.  And leaving the cost at 10,000 per arcane from Vox Solaris is obscene. 3,150,000 standing to max all the arcanes. over 3 MILLION.  when even at MR28 you can only cash in 29k per day - assuming you have no life and want to farm 29k worth of toroids every day. Lets put that in perspective - an MR28 would need 109 days to buy them all.  A lower MR substantially longer.  And you thought Railjack crafting economy was bad.   It shocks me that years into a game with RNG loot at its core, simple math isn't applied before inflicting this on players.  None of this is hard - any player with any amount of time spent in warframe could have pointed out how bad the hema grind was going to be (and still is for some - even after your rebalances), how bad the PoE dojo colors were going to be BEFORE you changed them, how bad the Titanium economy was before you changed it, what a fiasco the sentient anomaly rare cache would be ... the list is endless.   You don't need to be an Actuary to figure any of this out IN ADVANCE - 2 minutes with a calculator will tell you.

• Like 8

Put the cooldown of Energize to 5 seconds...

We are no more space Ninja with long space sabers (melee nerf).... Now, we are slow snails with small knifes... waiting (for energize) and wasting more and more time... Maybe, DE forget his game spirit !

Edited by Svenarx
  • Like 1