Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

4 minutes ago, Ketec said:

Arcanes are one of the things i barely have - and a few of those are ever useful. So the few i got were often double equipped - so now i'm stuck with a empty slot or equipping one that does nothing for my build.

And the next update purchase option is not a solution - the capped reputation grinds are one of the features i loathe in warframe - when i have time (like weekends), i hit the cap and waste  the rest or waste the cap when i don't have time.

The arcanes are just hidden behind systems that require lengthy grind and/or timing(day/night cycle) and time + luck with good groups.

both Quills and Little Duck reputations are gained by turning in stuff you can farm on the weekend, just pop in for a minute to turn in on the weekday and you are maxed.

"Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after the Mainline."

Will the event be there to stay, a one off or something recurring like plague star or thermia fracture?

I admit being afraid of a hard grind on a limited period to get the arcanes.

Will the eidolon get a token system to get their currently droppable arcanes?

• Like 1

There's so much nerfs about here.

1. Several Arcanes that had 100% effect and had no point being stacked (Magus Glitch) are nerfed (100% at R3 to 50% at R3)

2. Arcane Aegis is HEAVILY nerfed (1200 shields flat over 12s at 6% (12% x2) chance is now 30% at 3% chance)

3. Cost is WAY too much. Previously you could have 100% status immunity with two R2 Arcanes (6 total) and now you need 21 for an R5.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Zarremgregarrok said:

both Quills and Little Duck reputations are gained by turning in stuff you can farm on the weekend, just pop in for a minute to turn in on the weekday and you are maxed.

So instead of actually playing, enjoying the game and gaining the "rep" you just spend every weekend mindlessly grinding same mission to have enough consumables for the week.

• Like 5

I´ll say the same thing I said on the devstream thread. This is an unnecessary change that literally craps all over player´s progression and sense of accomplishment. Evidently you do not care at all, but taking away a max rank from someone who has spent hundreds of hours farming for something (in a time-gated system might I add) and forcing them to grind MORE copies than they actually had to grind the first time is just disgusting. Sure, you may say nobody is forcing me to get the max rank, but let´s face it - everyone wants the max rank. And they had the max rank. Until you decided otherwise. People kept selling their excess copies, gifting them even, because why not? There was nothing else to do with them. Just imagine you´re the guy who gifted or sold, let´s say, a full set of Energize, because they did not need more than one maxed copy (it IS enough for just about anything other than crazy low eff builds that mostly min-maxers use). Now they have to farm it all over again because you decided to add two ranks.

You are literally downranking my arcanes, nerfing the ones that are actually useful (and have a much lower rate to drop, which means they are supposed to be better than the others) and basically telling me that I have to do that grind all over again to get a worse version of what I was using before.

Nothing will change as far as the spread of usage goes - it´s still gonna be the 3-5 actually useful arcanes that everyone will keep on using because the other are borderline useless for the vast majority of the game. But sure, let´s keep adding "resistance to X status proc" arcanes that nobody every uses aside from 1 boss fight, because why the hell not. The more rewards in the drop tables, the less chance to get what you want, the more time spent grinding. So right away you failed to do what you wanted to do with this change and you just increased the grind.

Furthermore, this change does not really affect (grind-wise) the people that actually did doublestack all that much because all they need is one more copy. However everyone else gets totally f***** by this because now they need more than double the amount to max out their arcanes. And again, I don´t care that some useless or niche arcanes got buffed. Everyone will keep on using those that are widely useful and the two most important ones are worse at rank 5 than they were on rank 3 previously.

This is an arbitrary grind increase presented as rebalancing which will achieve nothing aside from evening out the usage of the 3-5 most popular arcanes which everyone was already using. And sure, you can choose whichever you want in the new operation. So basically you´re telling me that I have the option of either grinding the Eidolons, or the operation, but I will still have to grind nevertheless. Just wait till we see the actual prices of the arcanes in the operation. I bet they are going to be ridiculously high and of course you can only buy the arcanes with the currency gained in the event. Because why the hell would you allow people to buy it let´s say for credits or whatever else that we can get outside of the operation. That would not increase the grind and that is clearly not your goal here.

Rant over, nothing will change anyway. You ignored all the feedback you got (hell, the devstream thread has over 40 pages of feedback) so why the hell would you act on it now. The damage is already done anyway and I´m pretty sure you can´t even roll it back now even if you wanted to, which you clearly don´t.

Have a nice day and thank you for ruining my progression. Really appreciate it.

Edited by Sarmok
  • Like 8

15sec cooldown for energiz/grace  is alot since we cant stack it anymore , even with that 1.5x benifit its still bad , plz consider lowering it down
its realy to see our beloved peacfull arcanes getting nerfed when load of broken systems are overwelming the game
no arcane distroys the core mecanic of the game , nerfing them is kinda stupid

• Like 7

I totally had the wrong impression of the arcane changes, thinking there'd only be 1 arcane slot, instead of dis-allowing redundant arcanes.

Everything looks good so far. I'm super glad I was wrong. Thank you kindly for that, DE, and that's my mistake for thinking otherwise in previous threads.

4 minutes ago, Ketec said:

So instead of actually playing, enjoying the game and gaining the "rep" you just spend every weekend mindlessly grinding same mission to have enough consumables for the week.

There are many places where you mindlessly grind in Warframe, these two reputations are not one of them.

One Profit taker gives Crisma Toroid which is worth 6k rep, double drop when under effect of resource booster.
The fight is really fast with a good team, commonly going under 10 minutes.
I even got matched to fights right before the orb died and just zipped for the loot and back to base.

Similarly you can do 3x3 easily with a coordinated team and have a lot of drops from Eidolons for Quills rep.

Just checked Energize on Titania. On a high efficiency/duration build, she works great. Unfortunately, on a lower efficiency build, she fares much worse, and I was forced to drop out of Razorwing near the end, because I the Energize triggers couldn't keep up. However, for the record, the new changes to her second ability makes it so that she no longer needs to be married to quick thinking, and you can even drop power strength a little, as being able to have all her abilities active in perpetuum makes her way less squishy and deal considerably more damage than before (I mean, 50% dodge and 50% DR, on demand, on top of Razrwing's dodge, and a permanent 75% damage boos? kinda broken, in a good way). This means that there should be no reason not to build her with some extra duration at the very least, at which point she will work great. I also really like the minor tweaks to her handling.

In short, so far both Ivara and Titania are only slightly inconvenienced by these changes, which is good.

Edited by Egathentale

1 hour ago, DarkalphaMKX said:

For an Arcane we have spent thousand+ plat on (and soon to be much more to get to rank 5), please fix ASAP. As an Oberon player, Arcane energize is essential to maintaining renewal - especially since we cannot use Rage/Hunter Adrenaline as consistently as before.

Oberon also needs a goddamn rework. No energy pizzas during renewal is utter bs.

• Like 4

DE Rebecca lied on the devstream when she said the we could combine two Rank 3's to make one Rank 5, or that the one Rank 5 would be like having two equipped, also untrue. It's like they are over-selling everything to me, but wait, they released Railjack early, oh yeah, so we could beta test while they went on winter vacations.

• Like 4

Aftery trying it out, I think the cooldown on Arcane Energize is too high. I would set it to the same as Arcane Grace (8 seconds), or if it stays at 15 seconds, the proc chances should be 100% (i.e. one guaranteed buffed orb every 15 seconds).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, robertredberry said:

DE Rebecca lied on the devstream when she said the we could combine two Rank 3's to make one Rank 5, or that the one Rank 5 would be like having two equipped, also untrue. It's like they are over-selling everything to me, but wait, they released Railjack early, oh yeah, so we could beta test while they went on winter vacations.

You can distill r3 arcane to 10x r0 arcane 2x r3 and 1 r0 is enough to do r5

il y a 3 minutes, LUCKYFORDEATH a dit :

You can distill r3 arcane to 10x r0 arcane 2x r3 and 1 r0 is enough to do r5

we know how math work, but its just stupid ! we already farm or bought tons of arcanes to get our 2 set at R3 (equal 20 R0) now we have to get 1 more R0 to get 1 full set !! its BS !
why they need to ask for 21 arcanes instead of 20 !?

• Like 2

Regarding Acane Aegis, could we please change it back to "on damaged" instead of "on shield damaged"? While it may not be such a problem for Frames with high shield values, it is quite devastating for me as a Mesa player. The old one was quite good, since the value I got back was quite high, in regards to shatter shield, which was a simple multiplier in the end.

But this change to Arcane Aegis, I don't really get it. It only procs from shield damage now (was simply all damage before), Rank 5 has only half the chance of proccing than the old Rank 3 and it runs only for 12 seconds, which was 20 seconds with the old Rank 3.

The way it is now is kinda bad, especially for Frames with low shield values that used to run Arcane Aegis for various reasons.

• Like 4