Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

3 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

Revert Energize change. No duration and no cooldown. 
Revert Guardian change. Fix it being %20 to procc with lesser time rather than %15 to procc with more time. Basically, the old one.

Run a script and give r5 arcanes to those who already had their r3 arcanes since you nerfed most of  them and now punishing us with even more tedious grind.

Do it
No balls

^Solution to this entire megathread right here.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

^Solution to this entire megathread right here.

But what else would artificially keep us playing longer and potentially buying more plat so we can get more of these arcanes (for those who choose not to farm) to fulfill the min requirements for a R5? 

two r3's don't make a r5 sadly, strange how a double stack wouldnt even reach the 1.5 factor of a r5

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK
  • Like 2

On 2020-03-02 at 5:39 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Arcane Changes

After years of Arcanes as a system - with several additions to the offerings and replacement locations, we are doing several things:

- Increasing the maximum Rank of Warframe and Operator Arcanes to 5, up from 3. Arcane Revives are a bonus that begins on Rank 3. 
- Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped, list as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

Arcane Acceleration:
On Rank 5: On Critical Hit:
30% chance for 90% Fire Rate to Primary Weapons for 9s. 

Arcane Aegis: 

On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:
3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Agility:

On Rank 5: on Damaged:
60% chance for +60% Parkour Velocity for 18s.

Arcane Arachne: 

On Rank 5: On Wall Latch:
150% Damage for 30s.

Added a Cooldown

Arcane Avenger:

On Rank 5: On Damaged:
21% chance for +45% Critical Chance for 12s

Arcane Awakening:

On Rank 5: On Reload:
60% chance for +150% Damage to Pistols for 24s

Arcane Barrier:

6% chance to instantly restore all Shields.

Arcane Blade Charger:
On Rank 5: On Primary Weapon Kill
30% chance for +300% Melee Damage for 12s

Arcane Bodyguard: 

On Rank 5: On 6 Melee Kills within 30s
Heal Companion for 900

Arcane Consequence:

On Rank 5: On Headshot:
100% Chance for +60% Parkour Velocity for 18s. 

Arcane Deflection:

On Rank 5: 

102% chance to resist a Slash Damage effect

Arcane Energize:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup

60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies

Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

• Arcane Energize will still give Energy to toggled Warframe Abilities - this has been asked a lot. 

Arcane Eruption:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup

100% chance to Knockdown nearby enemies. 

Arcane Fury:

60% chance for +180% Melee Damage to Melee Weapons for 18s

Arcane Grace

On Rank 5: On Health Damaged:

9% chance for +6% Health Regeneration/s for 9s

Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

Arcane Guardian

On Rank 5: On Damaged:

15% chance for +900 Armor for 20s

Arcane Healing

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Radiation Damage effect

Arcane Ice

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Heat Damage effect

Arcane Momentum

60% chance for +150% Reload Speed to Sniper Rifles for 12s

Arcane Nullifier

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Magnetic Damage effect

Arcane Phantasm

On Rank 5: On Parry:

45% Chance for +60% Speed for 18s

Arcane Pistoleer

On Rank 5: On Pistol Headshot Kill:

60% Chance for +102% Ammo Efficiency for 12s

Arcane Precision

100% Chance for +300% Damage to Pistols for 18s

Arcane Primary Charger

On Rank 5: On Melee Kill:

30% chance for +300% Primary Weapon Damage for 12s

Arcane Pulse - Increased stats and added cool down

On Rank 5: On Health Pickup:

60% chance to Heal nearby allies

Arcane Rage

15% chance for a +180% Damage to Primary Weapons for 24s

Arcane Resistance

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Toxin Damage effect

Arcane Strike

On Rank 5: On Hit:

15% chance for +60% Attack Speed to Melee Weapons for 18s

Arcane Tanker- Increase the durations cool down

On Rank 5: On Archgun Equipped:

+1200 Armor for 60s

Arcane Tempo

15% chance for +90% Fire Rate to Shotguns for 12s

Arcane Trickery

On Rank 5: On Finisher:

15% chance to become invisible for 30s

Arcane Ultimatum - increased stats and duration

On Rank 5: On Finisher:

100% chance for +1200 Armor for 45s

Arcane Velocity

90% chance for +120% Fire Rate to Pistols for 9s

Arcane Victory

On Rank 5: On Headshot Kill:

75% chance for +3% Health Regeneration/s for 9s

Arcane Warmth

On Rank 5:

+102% chance to resist a Cold Damage Effect.

Magus Arcane Changes:

Magus Accelerant

On Rank 5: On Void Blast:

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Heat Damage by 65%

Magus Anomaly

On Rank 5: On Transference In:

Enemies within 30m are pulled towards Warframe

Magus Cadence

On Rank 5: On Void Dash:

100% chance for +90% Sprint Speed for 12s

Magus Cloud

On Rank 5: On Void Mode:

+300% Void Dash Radius for 6s

• We have reworked Magus Cloud, since its original design was not popular.

Magus Destruct

Reduce Enemy Resistance to Puncture Damage by 65%

Magus Drive

Increase K-Drive Speed by 150% for 30s

Magus Elevate

95% chance to restore 300 Health to Warframe

Magus Firewall

Generate Void Particles every 1s up to 6 particles, each granting 12,5% Damage Reduction for 60s. Taking damage consumes a particle.

Magus Glitch

On Rank 5: On Transference Static:

102% chance to negate Transference Static

Magus Husk

On Rank 5: On Transference Out:

+150 Armor

Magus Lockdown

Drop a mine that tethers up to 10 enemies in 15m. After 4s it explodes dealing 60% of their Health as Puncture Damage.

Magus Melt

Increase Heat Damage in Operator Mode by 20% for 15s, stacking up to 7x.

Magus Nourish

Restores 35 Health/s to Warframe

Magus Overload

Stun robotic enemies for 3s, which then discharge Electricity Damage dealing 80% of their Max Health to anyone within 25.

Magus Repair

Heal Warframes within 30m by 25% Health/s.

Magus Replenish

100% chance to heal 30% Health.

Magus Revert

Use again within 3s, to return the Operator to their original position at no energy cost, Restores 60 Health. 3s cooldown.

Magus Vigor:

+300 Health

• Removing the ability to Equip two of the same Arcane simultaneously. 
  • Added the ability to Distill assembled Arcanes back into multiple unranked ones.
  • Arcanes that can trigger again while the Arcane is active are indicated in the Arcane Manager screen with a ‘Duration Can Refresh’ text.
  • Arcanes will require 21 Arcanes to reach the new Max Rank of 5. Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after this Mainline.

Why: The reasoning here is mainly toward the ability to equip two of the same Arcane. This reasoning is one of past inconsistency and time determining intent. There are a lot of builds that specialize the use of two Arcanes, but we want to encourage a variety instead of duplication. Arcanes are the only Upgrade system in the game that allows two of the exact same upgrade to be equipped - and we would rather players have variety than duplications. In the same way you can’t equip Amalgam Serration and regular Serration, you can’t equip multiple Rivens per weapon, or any duplication of Mods at all, Arcanes will follow. But we are making major changes to the Ranking (up from 3 to 5 with power changes). Instead of having 2 of the same Arcane with a double effect, you can now choose between 2 different Arcanes that behave (generally) at 1.5x efficacy than before. 

Please remember to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner! Remember, this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY. If you have a bug, please make sure you submit your bug on this thread and follow the new guidelines!

I am really not a fan of you guys basically nerfing my once max rank arcanes, only for me needing to re farm 11 more arcanes just to get back to similair power levels. If you're gonna make the max rank be 21 for arcanes, which is already ridiculous in of itself, given how rare these things are, you need to give those people the max rank for what is the new cap of rank level. Do you understand how this looks to players ?

You have esentially nerfed all our powerful arcanes and instead of compensating the time, plat and effort put in by players to achieve the previous max rank, you increase the levels needed to get to max rank, not compensated them with additional arcanes to get back to the new max rank nor have you retroactively made their old max rank arcanes the new max rank of arcanes. So in the end all players see is a nerf on top of forced grind to re attain only part of what they once had.

That's exactly what this game doesn't need right now, more tedious uncessary grind.

You need to fix this Asap DE, if you want to keep the current ranking system with these new arcane stats, you need to retroactively compensate players with new max rank arcanes and /or signifcantly reduce the max rank and cost of getting back to max rank, probably increase Eidolon drop rates too while you're at it. If arcanes are going to be weaker, they need to be more common than they currently are.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Egathentale said:

Just checked Energize on Titania. On a high efficiency/duration build, she works great. Unfortunately, on a lower efficiency build, she fares much worse, and I was forced to drop out of Razorwing near the end, because I the Energize triggers couldn't keep up. However, for the record, the new changes to her second ability makes it so that she no longer needs to be married to quick thinking, and you can even drop power strength a little, as being able to have all her abilities active in perpetuum makes her way less squishy and deal considerably more damage than before (I mean, 50% dodge and 50% DR, on demand, on top of Razrwing's dodge, and a permanent 75% damage boos? kinda broken, in a good way). This means that there should be no reason not to build her with some extra duration at the very least, at which point she will work great. I also really like the minor tweaks to her handling.

In short, so far both Ivara and Titania are only slightly inconvenienced by these changes, which is good.

TL: DR the nerf is a slap in the face after all your grinding/paid platinum and the mechanic wasn’t broken at all although  you busted your rear to get it. It’s a full inconvenience, be more transparent.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, (PS4)nicolasrexxon666 said:

I mean not entirely, 15 I would say is a lot, I would say 5 or 8, really not looking for this changes without some tweaks. Otherwise would be not worth to farm energize. 

Since I wrote that, I actually tested a number of builds on the three most affected frames.

On mind/high efficiency builds, Ivara, Titania, and Oberon barely even noticed the cooldowns, and it didn't really affect their energy-economy.

On low/neutral efficiency builds, Ivara was still doing well due to her pickpocketing still providing enough orbs, and triggering Energize once every fifteen seconds was enough to keep her permanently in Prowl. Titania fared a little worse, mainly because now you really want to use her second ability to keep all the delicious buffs up all the time, which adds an extra drain on your reserves, but she also performed really well all the same. Oberon, on this level, was pretty much the same as usual.

On negative efficiency, there were way more issues. Ivara can still keep up prowl for a long time, but there were times when her energy reserves hovered dangerously close to zero. This happened in a survival, so in game-modes with less congested enemies, this might pose a much greater problem. Negative efficiency Titania... was a mistake. The extra power strength didn't provide a big enough boost to justify the increased energy-consumption, while staying in Razorwing for a long time became pretty much impossible. Still, I wouldn't even recommend trying this build at this point, because it makes spamming her 2 prohibitively expensive, so I don't consider this a huge issue. Oberon, on the other hand, really suffers on a negative efficiency build; simply put, you HAVE to rely on Rage/Adrenaline, because Energize can no longer be relied upon in this comp.

Overall, based on my own experience, I would still say that while the cooldown is annoying, it doesn't break Energize. Maybe it's because I was expecting the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it still functions. If anything, I think the real problem isn't the cooldown, but the trigger frequency, as I found it way more annoying when Energize wouldn't trigger off-cooldown than when I was "wasting" orbs on cooldown.

Edited by Egathentale
  • Like 2

The only Arcane that I really mind the change on is the inability to proc again while active on Guardian, a drop of 900 armor for a fraction back to 100 is quite dangerous for the squishier frames, even with the global armor buffs. The other 85% of shots that don't proc Guardian will kill ya in the meantime.

(Not that it matters anymore, but maybe the Arcane Drive could just be permanent on transfer back in, since the only real reason you'd want more K-drive speed is to get those extra meters and popping in and out of your Warframe and off and onto your K-drive to get that speed boost is a decidedly unfun loop.)

edit: I'm generally happy that the Arcanes have gotten better overall, although other ways to acquire arcanes need to be made.
Also, adjust the Arcanes from Little Duck's Vox Solaris standing, all of those arcanes cost 10k a piece with wildly varying utilities. At least the Quills sell basic ones for 2.5k a piece.

Edited by Altair_Flame
  • Like 1

I just want to point out, that this cooldown also kinda crashed builds that relied on low energy cap with high energy regen, ei energize with zenurik. Which enabled to opt for more dmg / hp / dmg reduc. Now you have to invest on energy cap or more hp rather then dmg / utility till you regen / save up energy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Egathentale said:

Since I wrote that, I actually tested a number of builds on the three most affected frames.

On mind/high efficiency builds, Ivara, Titania, and Oberon barely even noticed the cooldowns, and it didn't really affect their energy-economy.

On low/neutral efficiency builds, Ivara was still doing well due to her pickpocketing still providing enough orbs, and triggering Energize once every fifteen seconds was enough to keep her permanently in Prowl. Titania fared a little worse, mainly because now you really want to use her second ability to keep all the delicious buffs up all the time, which adds an extra drain on your reserves, but she also performed really well all the same. Oberon, on this level, was pretty much the same as usual.

On negative efficiency, there were way more issues. Ivara can still keep up prowl for a long time, but there were times when her energy reserves hovered dangerously close to zero. This happened in a survival, so in game-modes with less congested enemies, this might pose a much greater problem. Negative efficiency Titania... was a mistake. The extra power strength didn't provide a big enough boost to justify the increased energy-consumption, while staying in Razorwing for a long time became pretty much impossible. Still, I wouldn't even recommend trying this build at this point, because it makes spamming her 2 prohibitively expensive, so I don't consider this a huge issue. Oberon, on the other hand, really suffers on a negative efficiency build; simply put, you HAVE to rely on Rage/Adrenaline, because Energize can no longer be relied upon in this comp.

Overall, based on my own experience, I would still say that while the cooldown is annoying, it doesn't break Energize. Maybe it's because I was expecting the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it still functions. If anything, I think the real problem isn't the cooldown, but the trigger frequency, as I found it way more annoying when Energize wouldn't trigger off-cooldown than when I was "wasting" orbs on cooldown.

Please don’t hold DE’s hands. Nows the only time to be assertive and revert this mess before all platforms get slapped in the face. Changing your perspective about the nerf is just deceiving yourself. You said it’s annoying and annoying is BAD. The change was never called for especially with the cumbersome grind.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rstripn said:

I'm 99% sure the patch note for Arcane Aegis is a typo. Really. Maybe 99.5% sure.

If I'm wrong then it is the only arcane to have its maximum effect multiplied by 0.5 instead of 1.5, which seems unlikely.

Note says:

Arcane Aegis: 
3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

I'm virtually certain those values are what are being added to the previous values.

It should be:

Arcane Aegis: 
9% chance for +90% Shield Recharge for 32s.

It used to be +60/s shield regen. Now it's 30%, so it changed from a flat number to a percentage arcane. Other stats of it were definitely nerfed though

• Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 12:39 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Arcane Changes

After years of Arcanes as a system - with several additions to the offerings and replacement locations, we are doing several things:

...we want to encourage a variety instead of duplication

...we would rather players have variety than duplications

...we are making major changes to the Ranking (up from 3 to 5 with power changes).

Arcanes will require 21 Arcanes to reach the new Max Rank of 5

Instead of having 2 of the same Arcane with a double effect, you can now choose between 2 different Arcanes that behave (generally) at 1.5x efficacy than before. 

1 old r3 would require 10 arcanes for 1.0 efficacy

Now 1 of our old r3 (10 arcanes) would equal 0.71 efficacy

10 / 21 = .47

.47 * 1.5 = .71

Almost a 30% cut to those who only own 1 r3

• Like 2

Any ETA on rank 15 mods?

Joke asside, a 15 second cooldown may be a bit to high for energize (i'm still wondering why didn't you guys specify the duration before the update), i apreciate the changes and the buffs for some of the other arcanes, but players are more into an "equip and forget" mentality, that's why shields, health and energy is something good to have, if it trigers, it triggers, that's the reason why players stay away from niche arcanes where it boosts somekind of specific gameplay that may or may not happen.

The 1st tactical alert ever had a fire component to it and you had a point limitation, usually it boiled down to 1 big weapon and then survivability, being heat resistance mod an actual viable thing given the cost of the mod. That was it, a single tactical alert.

You can't expect players to use similar arcanes because there is no reason to use those niche and very situational arcanes.

If you want to boost damage, boost all the damage, not just pistols, if you want to resist procs, resist all of them, make things that matter instead of trying to fix things with huge buffs to things few will use.

I get it that at DE you guys absolutely hate when things are used in an unbalanced way, to much of a weapon, warframe or ability and someone has a stroke because the distribution graph isn't a straight line, but you can't make changes like that.

Don't get me wrong, i don't particularly mind the changes, a buff or a nerf won't change my gameplay to that point, i'm just saying that in order to make an actual change, you can't just change a few values and call it done.

• Like 2

How on earth do the arcanes still cost the same when you need more than double to get a full arcane? Magus repair for instance has gone from 100k standing to 210k standing, luckily I already had 2 sets so just needed 1 more. Also I've gone from being able to fully negate a radiation proc to now needing 7 more arcane healings to be able to do the same, not cool.

• Like 6

What a slap in the face, you should have just left arcanes alone. I worked my butt off farming 2 max arcane tankers and then not only do you take away my choice to use 2 of them, you go back on your own promise of at least buffing one to have 1800 armor. at least that way the nerf wouldn't have been as damaging.

• Like 4

So 46 pages of valuable feedback from passionate supporters and players on the initial topic. Fair to say the majority of it was not positive. Some feedback on our feedback would be greatly appreciated to alleviate the feeling we are yelling into the void.

My feedback summarised:

1- Having to farm/purchase another 11 arcanes to max my current arcanes (Energise, Grace, Guardian etc) sucks. 

2- Having to re-max my current arcanes for lesser effects than they currently have sucks.

• Like 6

I forgot to check this before going to work but where the cost to buy the arcane for standing from Vox and Quills adjusted now that we need basically double the number of arcanes from those shops? Cause if not great just doubled the grind for those two factions which already have limitations due to the items needed to increase standing with them and added to the grind.

Before this I think I was still looking at 60+ Exploiter orbs to get enough torids for the standing needed to pick up the remaining arcanes, now I am looking at 120+

• Like 2

I disagree strongly with the decision to add extra ranks to the existing Arcanes and effectively doubling the grind necessary to fully rank them up over simply buffing the existing ranks and saving you guys some work. I'm guessing the reasoning is because you needed double the Arcanes before in order to equip two of them at the same time, but all you've done is buff the Arcanes by 50%. You didn't double their effectiveness yet you have more than doubled the grind necessary for those who never doubled up on Arcanes in the first place. This decision has also left Exodia, Pax, and Virtuous Arcanes ignored and it feels inconsistent. I'm aware that you could not double up on those Arcanes, but not buffing them feels off.

I'm aware that Scarlet Spear will supposedly have a buffet of Arcanes in the reward list to purchase with event currency, but there has been no information as to whether Magus Arcanes will be available for one. For another, once the event is over, the grind for Arcanes (again for those who did not desire to double up pre-update) will be made exceptionally worse. Unless of course Scarlet Spear is a permanent addition to the game post event, but that would likely invalidate Eidolon Hunts and Vox Solaris standing farming.

This decision really does not make sense to me and its the one issue I have with this mainline update. I think it would have been better, and easier on DE's part, to simply buff the Arcanes as is and leave them at requiring 10 of the same Arcane rather than the new insane 21. You don't even get extra revives out of the new ranks or anything.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury
  • Like 5