Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Arcane Changes Megathread

SilverBones

DE,

Arcane guardian not being able to reproc while its active is very bad for it. The whole idea behind guardian is something you yourself have been preaching about in all of your posts: Consistency.

The reason guardian was so powerful was that it gave a consistent 600 armor. It was always up becase it refreshed in fights so you basically never had downtime on it. Now if you have downtime on it the loss of armor is going to cause noticeable gaps in survivability.

This is a bad change and should be fixed.

• Like 5

just tested Energyze and Grace this is #*!%ing ridiculous. these are end-game gears, they should be powerful. we earned it. 15 seconds is way too much. it should be at worse 5 second like grace. this just feels like a cheap mid-game gear with high useless limitation. actually, the cooldown on any arcane should be gone. or be able to constantly proc, if the conditions are met, not a stupid cooldown that prevent it from proc'ing. looking at you, Arcane Guardian. one second you have decent survivability, and the other second, you are a squishy cheese with no armor, it doesn't proc fast enough, you're dead. that's seriously lame. and this doesn't even take into account that an update you sent a few months ago still are making the interaction with adaptation and armor a complete joke.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, rexvonzombie said:

It used to be +60/s shield regen. Now it's 30%, so it changed from a flat number to a percentage arcane. Other stats of it were definitely nerfed though

Aaaaaah okay. Thank you for pointing that out.

Still seems very odd that the new max values are numerically half of the old ones, but it could be chance.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

just tested Energyze and Grace this is #*!%ing ridiculous. these are end-game gears, they should be powerful. we earned it. 15 seconds is way too much. it should be at worse 5 second like grace. this just feels like a cheap mid-game gear with high useless limitation. actually, the cooldown on any arcane should be gone. or be able to constantly proc, if the conditions are met, not a stupid cooldown that prevent it from proc'ing. looking at you, Arcane Guardian. one second you have decent survivability, and the other second, you are a squishy cheese with no armor, it doesn't proc fast enough, you're dead. that's seriously lame. and this doesn't even take into account that an update you sent a few months ago still are making the interaction with adaptation and armor a complete joke.

Couldn’t have said it any better 

• Like 4

Most of the things are sayd in this Theard.
R5 Costs are way to high for a 1,5 Buff
Energize 15sec Cooldown os WAY to high. I dont want to reforma my builds cause i need more Efficiency.

I dont know, most changes that comes today are fine but this...
This feels like *you dont should play Long Missions LONG* Cause i cant use it well in Long-Long Missions (btw, fix this S#&$ that ppl get tradebanns when they play a mission longer than 3-4h -.-*)

Energize need to be fixed now, we spent MUCh time to get it. In our Clan some ppl stop the Game now cause they farm 400+ Eidolons (and Freinds) and now the good arcanas are trash.
This is not a good move. And you KNOW it, You dont sayd anything about the Cooldown the last weeks cause you KNOW that ppl will rage when they see it. This is not fine!

Edited by -TSA-KenSasaki
  • Like 4

On 2020-03-02 at 5:39 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Arcane Barrier:

On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:
6% chance to instantly restore all Shields.

To add one more to the cooldown debarcle, there is an undocumented 5 second cooldown on Barrier

• Like 3

Heheheh. I can see it already - "We would like to revert the changes of arcane ranks however, it would be disrespectful to all the players who acquired 11 additional arcanes so we won't". Whatever lol, just know that not everyone will "gladly" participate in a grind just to get back  the stuff you literally stole. Some people will leave and it will hurt you in the long run.

Aside from that, it seems that you people forgot to add a "full shield" requirement for shield gating. Either that or Arcane Aegis is so good it makes you immortal. I don't mind tanking 8 heavies while being knocked down and having my shields fluctuate between 0 and 300, but it certainly doesn't look right.

And now I understand the idea behind Arcane Guardian nerf. It happened because it activates "on damage". So its probably seen by you as a lazy access to DR. Compare it to Ultimatum that grants 1200 armor for 45 seconds as long as you know how to open an enemy to a finisher and it all becomes clear. In a way it's a good change - Guardian for already tanky frames, Ultimatum for squishies AND tanks(or you can go crazy and equip both on #*!%ing Banshee, first proccing ulti and then guardian).

Energize changes are a kick in the groin. 15 seconds? Really? I knew it will be bad since you were #*!%ing hiding that info from us but I didn't think it'd be that bad. And thats coming from someone who owns it and didn't mind a nerf. At least make it so that cooldown is reduced with each rank lmao. That, or fix energy consumption issues of most frames first. I mean, even random dudes like me understand that you can't have one without another, Energize is only a symptom of the actual problem.

In the end, the whole thing is spoiled by grind. Should've kept the ranks as they were. Players would still participate in that fancy event of yours, but with lower amounts of hatred involved. Out of all the changes only Arcane Ultimatum made me switch my builds a little, btw.

I rate this update 10/21. Oh boy, it seems like upvotes are gone from many of the posts I've seen here yesterday. I wonder where they went lmao.

Edited by Lone_Dude
  • Like 6

There are better, MUCH better ways to get us all to play your new mission to regain our arcanes, may thing about making GOOD content instead of forced gameplay for us to compensate nerfs.

We dont get endgame missions so we also dont need endgame stuff like some powerfull arcanes anymore, got it DE.

Increase Guardian proc over 50% if u keep the no retrigger function, or remove it
Energize CD about 15 sec? What u want to force us to? Slow down missions? Cause we have to wait to regain energy? So next time we search for players with energize at the rec chat to keep our flow.

• Like 4

Current state of energize is abysmal. It should either have 100% chance and be able to store one mana orb charge to be ready to apply immediately after the cd or remove cooldown as a thing.
I mean ~200 mana per 15 sec is laughable considering you can just spam mana pads that can be crafted in bulk now.

Edited by hrimgerth
  • Like 1

I'll split my two gripes with the new system seperately, one is more frustrating then the other. The minor frustration is shared with everyone else in the thread about the amount of arcanes needed to max one now. I understand the event is coming up allowing us to farm for our arcanes again, but I have very little faith that the prices will be anything other then very high per arcane to maximize grind. Either justified through the fact the ones who did grind hard for their collections of arcanes would be take up arms about it, or the ingame arcane market would suffer. Either way I'll grind or buy the main three I use for every Warframe, hence why to me it's minor.

My major frustration is with arcane guardian being unable to retrigger. For reference I personally play the game solo the majority of time and on high level missions. Sorties, arbitrations, liches, railjack, since it's the only place I'll get rewards at the moment. I enjoy playing all warframes, leaning on the weaker defence ones and relied heavily on guardian to keep them alive. An extra 300 is irrelevant, the no re-trigger coupled with lower proc means I run into the problem of warframes with low defence and no damage mitigation skills are dropping to the next shot as guardian shuts off. No extra 100 points of armour and some shield gating helps with that since generally shields are already down and guardian is keeping me going until the room is cleared. If I have to grind a full arcane ultimatum to have consistant high armour then so be it, but I'd rather not have another thing on my hud to baby sit along with my own ability cooldowns and gameplay.

• Like 2

Horrible rework. Mostly nerf all around, yet more grind introduced for diminished rewards. Guardian basically doesn't proc enough to be useful, energize's cooldown is annoying etc. The promised x1.5 stat buff in many cases is either nonexistent, straight up nerf or is way too low for the grind that is required to get the arcanes to max lvl. Please balance this better. These changes mostly concern the veterans and we are way too tired of the grinding for stuff as it is. Please don't antagonize your community.

• Like 7

the whole update is great so far (maybe not the status effects) but it dosnt matter i was done collecting arcanes and now im not.... that is eclipsing Everything. how is that not a troll action? why did i not get 1 maxed arcane in exchange my 2 maxed arcanes... i cant stand this in principle... why do me so wrong... the only problem this game has is the agency that others have over my completion now the DE is removing 1 of each of my arcanes frome me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PinkPingPongBall said:

Im really dissapointe in the changes regarding Arcane Tanker. It completely feels useless now compared to the old balane aa the Armor gain is exact to a Rank 3 Tanker with just an extended duration,which doesnt under any circumstance feel good amd it completely breaks the consistency of the (1.5 worth of old stacking).

I am highly salty as this also breaks my long time Rhino build as it HALVES the Iron Skin size I could get with this.Hope it is bumped into 1800 at least,or I feae this Tanker will be worthless

Yeah, it is useless with exception of maybe unlocking a riven, but even then, you can do those on low level missions without tanker.  

It should at least reduce the cool down timer on activating heavy weapons by half, so at least then it would have a purpose.  

• Like 1

What the hell is arcane aegis even doing now? I have to be taking shield damage to trigger extra shield recharge? You guys know what disables shield recharge entirely right? Taking damage? What kind of backwards balance pass was this? Typical zero test implementation. This just rubs me the wrong way entirely.

• Like 3