Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Titania Changes & Armor Changes

SilverBones

5 hours ago, zhellon said:

Both of these options are not viable for new players who don't have infinite energy.  The current system works only because a person has a choice of what is worth spending energy on and what is not.

I would still like to have automatically cycling between tribute buffs as an option I can toggle. If it's a setting then there's no need to worry about new players at that point. 

1 minute ago, Melanthera said:
I would still like to have automatically cycling between tribute buffs as an option I can toggle. If it's a setting then there's no need to worry about new players at that point.

The Tribute system itself , when you need to work with the enemy, doesn 't seem useful to me. But this is a different conversation.

I think the player should be able to choose the buff, otherwise you just need to use the ability again and again getting buffs that you don 't want to get to the buff that you want to get. Personally, I now only use DR on fast missions. I don 't see much point in getting other buffs, except maybe a full moon. Another thing, survival or defense, where in fact I have time to do anything.

People also talk about Wisp because they spend time on buffs that they don't need. Corny, if you are on fast missions, you only need speed, and on long missions you have enough time to apply all the buffs.

Adding cycling only just put it in the exact position Vauban's ability was before the rework (and still partially is).

Now she has the option to cycle to the least bad of the abilities and leave it on that forever. 

If you aren't going to change the buffs to be good, then your only solutions is to remove cycle again and make it a single buff with all 4 effects. You activate once and get all 4 from the one soul you pick up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:
If you aren't going to change the buffs to be good, then your only solutions is to remove cycle again and make it a single buff with all 4 effects. You activate once and get all 4 from the one soul you pick up.

Or divide this into 2 effects, the DR buff and companion when you pick up a soul , and the debuff of accuracy and movement speed of enemies in the radius when you extract a soul.

But I don 't like the idea of a Tribute, so I won 't be particularly happy about this change. I would prefer the Tribute to be replaced with a different mechanic.

39 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Or divide this into 2 effects, the DR buff and companion when you pick up a soul , and the debuff of accuracy and movement speed of enemies in the radius when you extract a soul.

But I don 't like the idea of a Tribute, so I won 't be particularly happy about this change. I would prefer the Tribute to be replaced with a different mechanic.

I would prefer it be replaced as well, but I was offering a solution to its current state since DE seems dead set on keeping the terrible ability. 

I wish Titania would be able to kill arbitration drones in her 4 , otherwise she is useless in arbitrations

I wish they added additional button to sprint on push and sprint on toggle, because I want to be able to sprint all the time in frame but only boost sprint in her razorwing, normal archwing mode or railjack

as Titania main i never use her abilities because they just slow her down with long cast animations, dont offer anything I need and waste energy

• Like 2

Hello!

First off, I'd like to say that I really enjoy most of the new Titania changes and I'm glad to see that feedback on her is being heard and iterations are being made!

There's just one more thing I'd like to see maybe changed (or at least an option for) is the way the camera rotates when Titania moves left and right in her Razorwing form. When I'm maneuvering around a level or moving a lot to dodge bullets/obstacles my camera is rotating left and right at a nauseating pace. I get motion sickness really easily, and after playing Titania for about 20+ minutes I start to feel a bit queasy and uncomfortable. I didn't have this problem before her Razorwing movement was updated to use the new Archwing movement.

Please consider changing how the camera operates in Razorwing, or adding an option to remove the camera rotating effect on her movement. Titania is one of my absolute favorite frames in the game, and I would love to be able to play her comfortably again.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for continuing to make a very fun game to play!

Titania feels great now. The flightmodel is basically perfect and shouldn't be changed any more.

Except for her melee. It's either bugged or does horrible damage. My full crit/corrosive build struggles at higher levels.

Things to improve

She needs to be able to use doors/interact with objects while in razorwing. If that's not possible then allow the buff from razorwing blitz to persist when she comes out of razorwing. Wasting 100+ energy every single time I need to open a friendship door or hit a button is a giant pain. Operator form helps but isn't a full solution. Archwings can carry a datamass so shouldn't Titania be able to as well?

Razorwing should really generate additional razorfly over time. Typically I use razorwing and dozen seconds later every single razorfly is dead making the new pickup mechanic worthless.

1 hour ago, zakaryx said:

Things to improve

She needs to be able to use doors/interact with objects while in razorwing. If that's not possible then allow the buff from razorwing blitz to persist when she comes out of razorwing. Wasting 100+ energy every single time I need to open a friendship door or hit a button is a giant pain. Operator form helps but isn't a full solution. Archwings can carry a datamass so shouldn't Titania be able to as well?

Razorwing should really generate additional razorfly over time. Typically I use razorwing and dozen seconds later every single razorfly is dead making the new pickup mechanic worthless.

Possible spoiler: did you complete the war within or bought Titania from the market?

Completing that quest solves, albeit in an unortodox way, your issue

On 2020-03-06 at 6:21 PM, zhellon said:

It's true. You can spend a lot of investment in the build on strength + pistol arcane, but the truth is that I can take OP normal weapons and this will show that your investment is just nothing, because I will just be better. Kuva nukor is able to split level 200 mobs and is an AOE weapon. Kyva bramma is able to easily kill level 150 mobs without even aiming at them. Where is this DPS important? Hunting? I have already said that Ivara + castanas is the most convenient way. And you can always take a rhino and a sniper rifle. Or Oberon, which also provides a good radiation buff. But we all know that there is nothing to do without Volts. If we are talking about a level of 500 or higher, then enter the abilities that do not worry about the level and Vauban has a lot of such abilities now. What is Titania, in addition to the flight, good? 

You say that DPS is important , but we already have weapons that completely negate this. And now look at wisp, useful buffs, useful protection, useful control, useless damage ability. If damage is so important, why is Wisp so popular?

First of all, Wisp's 4 is a huge damage dealer and her haste reservoir gives a massive DPS increase with the up on fire rate. Why do you think people use her? Just because of her ass? The extra damage output is one of the reasons, so you are absolutely wrong. You are also absolutely wrong in saying damage is no important or that I said it's the most important. I divided the gameplay into 4 factors: DPS, Mobility, Stealth and Survivability. Titania is S Tier on the first 2 and Mid Tier on the other 2. Wukong, a frame people absolutely love, is not S on any of the aspects, but A Tier on all 4. You want a frame that is S Tier on all of the aspects? I don't because we already have too much power creep on the game as it is now. You made sure to make it clear talking about all the nuking weapons, which I didn't understand your point, to be honest. Yeah, you can kill idk how many enemies with the Bramma or Nukor, but with all the respect....so what? That's literally the point of Warframe, the endless possibilities of playing the game and getting things done. You can do it with your Bramma and I can do it just as fast or fastest with my very pink and very fabulous Dex Pixias, so what? You are literally saying that having slightly better options or equal options invalidate the very existence of the other options around, that's the complete opposite of what Warframe is.  

Titania is already the best on Mobility and top 2 at least on Damage Output (and once again, Ivara may give more damage on Eidolons but Titania is way more practical and efficient. Mirage was not the meta DPS and we all know why). I know that, you know that and you know what? DE knows that. That's the problem I have with most of the comments on this thread, people either asking for ridiculous power creep or complaining about the god-sent buffs she received only makes the developers disregard our concerns and not take us seriously when Titania STILL has some glaring issues to be addressed. Spellbind, Razorflies and Full Moon are still a mess and we won't get these solved with people here demanding God Mod for her. 75% damage reduction and evasion??? With Aviator + Aerodynamic + the 50% natural evasion on Razorwing? Do people even realize what they are asking for? And to respond the other guy, I really don't care about having 10 different options for Titania. Her gimmick and purpose is to be the Archwing-mode into regular gameplay, that's what she was created for and that's how we are supposed to get the best of her. Complaining about that doesn't make any sense (and, again, only makes the staff checking this thread to disregard us more).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

Her gimmick and purpose is to be the Archwing-mode into regular gameplay, that's what she was created for and that's how we are supposed to get the best of her. Complaining about that doesn't make any sense (and, again, only makes the staff checking this thread to disregard us more).

The problem is that this is a very stripped-down archwing. The problem is that razorwing is not a Titania mechanic. This is a normal ability that I have the right to refuse and will be right. The problem is that if you make a build in razorwing only, you can only use 1 weapon and 1 ability in the form of recast buffs every 120 seconds. And here you can stop.

Do you know why there are types of weapons? Rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, harpoons, lasers, grenade launchers, bows, tentacles, etc? Because it's all different gameplay. And razorwing provides you with only one - a Dual Decurion with Phaedra characteristics . And I won 't even talk about DPS, because DPS doesn't matter for most of the game. I can kill mobs with a single shot for most missions using normal weapons. And even for hunting, I can use cathmoon + odonata to kill a limb in 3 shots or 1 shot if I get a Rhino buff. And I can still perform the duties of the Trinity. The bottom line is that you are satisfied with the gameplay, where you use only one type of weapon, I think it's boring. And it has nothing to do with how I feel about archwing , because I love the archwing system and I loved it when people hated it because of inertia. But Titania is a stripped-down archwing and I don't see the point in playing it. 

And if we talk about archwing, then archwing is also an ability. And while you spend a ton of energy just to fly, a normal archwing restores energy, which makes its abilities free. You can always add an aura of energy and get very frequent abilities even without energy orbs. On the other hand, when orbs of energy do not appear for Titania , she becomes useless if she uses the razorwing build. 

And what do we have in the end? An ability that requires you to limit almost everything for the sake of a normal flight with guns that are slightly stronger (but not more effective) than a normal weapon? Is there anything else Titania can offer ? Can be unique for razorwing mechanics? Or unique ability mechanics for Titania herself? No, the Titania set is still a complete and useless mess. (OK, maybe abilities are useful. 5% of the game maybe?) And razorwing itself is a poorly made gluing of mechanics that would work well separately. And all this is covered with bugs. A lot of bugs that are ignored for 3 years . 

Archwing as the main mechanics of Titania? Yes, I would like that. But this is very far from the truth now. You can make razorwing all the time using a special build (and again has many limitations), but the fact that this build exists does not make razorwing the main mechanic for Titania.

And in addition, I want to say about Wisp. Wisp has interesting abilities besides the beam, so I'm OK to have very narrowly focused abilities in her case. The beam is useless in most cases for one simple reason: 3 seconds of damage from the beam against a single melee strike of a heavy attack with speedbuff. Ray loses against the speed buff the same way Dex Pixia loses against  the damage buff. That 's all I wanted to say. Dex Pixia is useful in some highly specialized situations , but in most cases there are weapons that work better by default. Well, again, maybe someone wants a fairy with a sniper rifle.

Edited by zhellon

On 2020-03-07 at 11:40 AM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Adding cycling only just put it in the exact position Vauban's ability was before the rework (and still partially is).

Now she has the option to cycle to the least bad of the abilities and leave it on that forever. 

Incorrect. Considering all the buffs last for 2 minutes and getting all 4 of them takes 5 seconds, and that they all do noticeable effects, the idea of only utilizing one is absurd. Obviously Vauban's Flechette Orb is his most useful, but even the Overdriver gives a nice multiplicative damage increase. Titania is actually the only Warframe that has a "rotation" ability where all are useful. Vauban's Vector pad is useless, and Ivara's Noise Arrow is too. Using only one would leave you with 3 less Razorflies too. With all 4 buffs you have 10 Razorflies with Razorwing, all of which will have 360 Health, 100 Shields and 5025 Armor (which equates to 94.4% damage reduction) with Full Moon.This means you can go out of Razorwing and back into it in a matter of 2 seconds and get all 10 back, which equates to 65.5K of EHP.

That said, I wouldn't exactly mind Tribute going back to 50 energy and giving all 4 buffs at once, for the sole reason that it would be easier; Not to be confused with necessary.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

You want a frame that is S Tier on all of the aspects? I don't because we already have too much power creep on the game as it is now.

I'll have to agree with you, sometimes it looks like people just want Titania to be an OP/Easy-with-no-downsides warframe to play. Where's the challenge in that? Well, but that's just my opinion.

3 hours ago, zhellon said:

Well, again, maybe someone wants a fairy with a sniper rifle.

Man, I've spent some good time suggesting changes for Garuda as some of her abilities makes no freaking sense at all. She leaps at the target like a beast, pull her claws, ripping it apart, and the target, which if is not below 40% health, comes out unscathed. Then a random shield pops out of nowhere along with a blood orb with... blades in it? The 'blood-mage' which summons blade pillars out from the ground... what? But that's somewhat acceptable. While all of this having nothing to do with the Fortuna lore/thematic. Aside from the moving blender ult, nothing changed. Very cool concept art, very cool claws, laid to nothing. And you may say "It's their game, they do what they want", well yes, but it lacks the consistency they always talk about.

I think it's very unlikely that DE will add the possibility to use other weapons in Razorwing. I'd love that, but that's the reality...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pryzmatiq said:

Titania is actually the only Warframe that has a "rotation" ability where all are useful

Wisp has all three useful buffs. Minelayer is useful for 3/4. Ivara is useful on 4/4, because sonic arrow is a very useful tool for controlling AI mobs when you go solo. Titania has a utility of 2.5 / 5. 1 for debuff damage from tribute. 1 for the companion buff. 0.5 for 50% DR, because this is only half of the buff. You can't use anything else. A banal guaranteed cold status and guaranteed Puncture status for allied attacks would be much more powerful things. But this is a 50% reduction in accuracy, from which Titania does not benefit, because she must be near enemies. And this is -25% of the speed of enemies (but not -25% of actions) and again you need to be close for the sake of this pathetic bonus. Useful? No. But you continue, I'm very interested in hearing why I'm wrong.

And this is except for the fact that buffs may not affect allies or enemy who are 2 meters away from you.

5 hours ago, Greystrun said:
Man, I've spent some good time suggesting changes for Garuda as some of her abilities makes no freaking sense at all. She leaps at the target like a beast, pull her claws, ripping it apart, and the target, which if is not below 40% health, comes out unscathed. Then a random shield pops out of nowhere along with a blood orb with... blades in it? The 'blood-mage' which summons blade pillars out from the ground... what? But that's somewhat acceptable. While all of this having nothing to do with the Fortuna lore/thematic. Aside from the moving blender ult, nothing changed. Very cool concept art, very cool claws, laid to nothing. And you may say "It's their game, they do what they want", well yes, but it lacks the consistency they always talk about.

I'm not a big fan of Garuda, I know she looks like a harpy. Well, it does about what harpy can do, that is, she flies and pounces on enemies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

Titania is already the best on Mobility and top 2 at least on Damage Output (and once again, Ivara may give more damage on Eidolons but Titania is way more practical and efficient. Mirage was not the meta DPS and we all know why). I know that, you know that and you know what? DE knows that. That's the problem I have with most of the comments on this thread, people either asking for ridiculous power creep or complaining about the god-sent buffs she received only makes the developers disregard our concerns and not take us seriously when Titania STILL has some glaring issues to be addressed. Spellbind, Razorflies and Full Moon are still a mess and we won't get these solved with people here demanding God Mod for her. 75% damage reduction and evasion??? With Aviator + Aerodynamic + the 50% natural evasion on Razorwing? Do people even realize what they are asking for? And to respond the other guy, I really don't care about having 10 different options for Titania. Her gimmick and purpose is to be the Archwing-mode into regular gameplay, that's what she was created for and that's how we are supposed to get the best of her. Complaining about that doesn't make any sense (and, again, only makes the staff checking this thread to disregard us more).

Sure. the first 2 tribute buffs (dust and thorns) are useful, but the other two are not. Entangle is downright useless (You will NOT find a single case where enemies run away from you during a mission, That's not how the AI in this game works.). And Full moon is only usable in low levels. That 75% damage increase will only tickle a level 75 grinner. So of course I would want those two buffs to be looked at. Entangle is better off if it affected a fire rate debuff as well and Full moon needs something like Vauban's flechette orb scaling.

Also, its 25% Natural evasion in Razorwing, not 50%. 50% evasion is given by Tribute.

And honestly, spellbind has its own set of problems. The ragdoll makes it impossible for your 4 to effectively deal damage. And good luck meleeing them when they fly away into the sky. Spellbind due to usability has been reduced to just needed the status immunity or for [razorwing blitz]. Its CC is the least used aspect.

Lantern was changed recently and addresses my main pet peeve, but I think enemies need to run to the lantern and not just walk (They walk really slow imo).

Its not issues with versatility, its usability. The abilities just makes it clunky to use, with some issues with the abilities itself: Entangle, Full moon, Spellbind in that order really needs to be looked at.

You know, making the animations 1-handed instead of upper body helps a lot in this regard.

• Like 1

I like that Titania gets a rework and a lot is pointing in a good direction. On my agenda for Titania I can only name a few things that I would love to see adressed.

Razorwing form with Set mods does not work as one would imagine it would. Only tested with Strain Set but most likely will be the same for any Set mod and also gave a nice insight on how companions are not worth taking with her at the moment.

When the Helminth Charger is equipped with the set mods he grows cysts at a treshold he drops them and they become maggots. On start of the mission the timer begins and cysts grow. If you now switch to Razorwing, the companion is put into a different dimension. While in the dimension the set grows more cysts, on the treshold the maggots are spawned at the last known location of the helminth charger. So basivcally at the beginning room of the mission or the entrance at cetus / fortuna. After that, if one is to stay in Razorwing form there will no new cysts or maggots as the Helminth Charger is threaded as none existing and thus does not grow new cysts.

Also the mote set (when all 3 are used) gives 100% immunity to knowckdown while airborne. The wording on the mod indicates that it should work like aviator which was made to work with titania ( A big thank you to the person deciding that). So this might be due to one of the mods being an Shotgun mod but I can still be knocked down as Titania, despite having all of the mods equipped. If it is due to the Mod on the Shotgun beeing removed in Pixie form I would like to now if a change to "Shotgun / any Weapon" can be made so that it is equipable on her pixie weapon,

Setmods not working with her is one of my points which "limits" build diversity slightly on a frame where build diversity is perceived by people as already scarce (many people believe there is only Razorwing build and I talked to quite a few people on that topic (around 20 in my clan)).

The next and for this post final point on my list is about consistancy. Limbo's rework made it, that people could interact with items while rifted or in cataclysm. When I am in razorwing mode, I can not interact with consoles, excavator batteries, datamasses in mobile defense, Airdrops in survival and I can not revive teammates. To do any of these actions I have to leave either razorwing or to go into operator mode (which I am gratefull was made to be accessable while in razorwing). This might be not ideal if you are either not able to go into operator mode (it is questlogged after all) or are not able to withstand the damage that is going to be aimed at you (you lose 50% evasion outside of razorwing) In an environment like for example the Orb Mother fight where there are lots and lots of enemies you will always be seen as "useless" as the second you leave razorwing you are practcally dead. If for consistancy we could get a rework to the ability that would enable this "trivialities" I am sure a lot more people could enjoy using Titania.

While there are a few more points on my list to "improve" Titania I said I would stop and the aformentioned points are the "most pressing" to me. Also I am aware of the problem that it is easier to make something broken, than something balanced, as such I am thankfull for looking into her kit and changing it as far as it was changed so far and hope that my two cents might be considered or adressed.

Thanks for reading this, please feel free to pm me spelling and grammar mistakes I am in a hurry at the moment but I will later try to edit them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Also, its 25% Natural evasion in Razorwing, not 50%. 50% evasion is given by Tribute.

You are completely wrong. The tribute gives a 50% reduction in the accuracy of enemies, which increases their bullet spread. Razorwing gives you a 50% chance to ignore direct damage, and apparently this passive ability doesn 't work right now. I just checked it out . In any case, the illusion of evasion only works due to razorfly, which block the enemy's attention on themselves. And razorfly doesn't get an advantage from the tributes, because They fight in close combat, and the enemy's accuracy is a characteristic that can only get an advantage from a distance. Titania also can 't get a good benefit from this, because the debuff radius is very small.

And apparently, razorwing has an infinite shieldgate now. I need more bugs.

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-09 at 11:58 AM, JackHargreav said:

I'd really like it if Titania would get at least 75% damage reduction.

She's used mostly in with 4th ability so stacking up dr from mods like aviator would make her more tanky in her 4.

Aviator, Aerodynamic, and the new 25% damage resistance on shields all sum to 89% out of a possible 90% damage resistance immediately. Thorns then provides 50% damage reduction, so she only receives 5.5% of incoming damage when she actually takes damage in Razorwing. That gives her unmodded 300 shields an eHP of 5,454, completely ignoring her actual health. That's insanely tanky for just an aura and exilus slot.

On 2020-03-09 at 5:27 AM, zhellon said:

Titania also can 't get a good benefit from this, because the debuff radius is very small.

35 meter radius on tribute auras is pretty large honestly. Most tiles aren't even that large outside of the void.

On 2020-03-06 at 11:42 AM, Seeryx said:

Actually quite a lot. Her Molt is a very useful survivability feature with a bit of reasonably reliable CC tacked on top. Venom Dose can skyrocket the damage of the entire team: +250% Corrosive damage is huge. And both can be specialized in without making her core kit useless. I haven't seriously dabbled in Toxic Lash builds, but they can probably add a handy AoE effect to a lot of powerful but slow single-shot weapons. Even her DPS output has depth to it, with the spore count, spread and Miasma interactions. While Titania is just pure and simple stream of bullets.

Titania, on the other hand, has super-niche Spellbind that has 13m AoE at best - it requires essentially constant recasts to keep new enemies CC'd, leaving you with little time to actually kill stuff. And Lantern is one of the most unreliable CC sources in game. Even when fully specialized in both are completely underwhelming while crippling Razorwing, her one really useful ability.

That's why I call it a one-trick pony. Build towards Razorwing or bust.

Lantern and Molt are virtually identical for CC now. And about Spellbind - it's a 5 meter radius, not area. It's a quick cast short CC designed to allow you to either DPS the floating target, or rag doll it (if it's say, a Nox) into a teleport volume. Enemies die when they hit teleport volumes in rag doll, so it makes killing Noxes in most tiles a 1-2 shot affair. Spellbind's status immunity is also useful on allies, such as keeping everyone in a radiation hazard sortie from being procced and accidentally/intentionally killing teammates.

Yes, you build her for razorwing. It's her defining feature, it's what she does. Just like Excalibur is defined by EB, and Mesa by peacemakers. Razorwing doesn't prevent use of the other skills. Blitz can take a bit of getting used to, but once you realize you don't need to run at max stacks 24 it becomes a lot more manageable. Titania is fast, tanky, high single target dps, and brings CC and some team support.

Vauban’s changes are appreciated.

I’ve always loved this frame, even before the rework he was heavily played.

The previous rework on powers felt like a good direction and post armour buff my beautiful train faced boy feels a lot more robust now.

The thing I have noticed is in railjack he is the perfect engineer frame.

vortex makes dealing with boarding attacks almost trivial.

throw one down, two flechette balls on top of the impromptu grineer freestyle breakdancing tournament and fix the breaches before sweeping up what’s left of the boarding party on the way to your turret.

as much as I love him excelling at something, it’d be worth keeping an eye on.