Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Titania Changes & Armor Changes

SilverBones

Titania Changes 
This is a summary of the Titania changes announced in Devstream 137, plus confirmation that it is shipping with our coming PC mainline update: 

• Spellbind: Hold her 1 to cast Status Immunity on yourself. Previously you had to cast it while looking at the ground to accomplish this!
  • Tribute: You can now select which Tribute to cast, by cycling through the different buffs like Ivara’s arrows, or Vauban’s Minelayer.
  • Lantern: Lanterns are now locked in place, allowing for more easily-controlled CC.
  • Razorwing has a new FX upgrade!
  • Razorwing flight model to be brought more in line with Skywing controls. 

Why:
Titania is a powerhouse in capable hands. The above revisit may encourage more people to pick her up and master her for the upcoming War… 

Armor

Broad Warframe Armor Change - not just Vauban!

To provide a minor bump in survivability if your CC or strategies fail you, a handful of “squishy” Warframes/Primes have received Base Armor increases! 

Ash: 65 to 100

Ash Prime: 150 to 175

Banshee: 15 to 100

Banshee Prime: 65 to 125

Baruuk: 150 to 175

Ember: 100 to 125

Ember Prime: 125 to 150

Equinox: 100 to 125

Equinox Prime: 120 to 150

Gara: 125 to 150

Gauss: 150 to 175

Harrow: 150 to 175

Hydroid: 200 to 225

Hydroid Prime: 250 to 275

Inaros: 200 to 225

Ivara: 65 to 100

Ivara Prime: 65 to 125

Limbo: 65 to 100

Limbo Prime: 85 to 125

Loki: 65 to 100

Loki Prime: 65 to 125

Mag: 65 to 100

Mag Prime: 65 to 125

Mesa: 65 to 100

Mesa Prime: 85 to 125

Mirage: 65 to 100

Mirage Prime: 150 to 175

Nekros: 65 to 100

Nekros Prime: 65 to 125

Nezha: 175 to 190

Nova: 65 to 100

Nova Prime: 65 to 125

Nyx: 15 to 100

Nyx Prime: 50 to 125

Oberon: 150 to 175 

Octavia: 125 to 150

Revenant: 105 to 125

Rhino: 190 to 225

Titania: 65 to 100

Trinity: 15 to 100

Trinity Prime: 15 to 125

Vauban: 50 to 150

Vauban Prime: 100 to 200

Volt: 15 to 100

Volt Prime: 100 to 125

Wisp: 150 to 175

Zephyr: 15 to 100

Zephyr Prime: 75 to 125

Please remember to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner! Remember, this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY. If you have a bug, please make sure you submit your bug on this thread and follow the new guidelines!

• Like 3

I’m excited for the Titania changes, but I wish she would seamlessly float like Wisp does. Seeing her levitate while idle in both her noble / agile stances, but walk / run while moving, meleeing, and shooting is jarring. I would use Wisp’s own animation pack, but that would destroy the fluttering idle animation of Titania’s cosmetic Razorflies.

• Like 7

Didn't developers state that "tenno" shield, armor and health values are going to be normalized? Doesn't that mean that every frame should receive armor changes? I mean, the damage that enemies deal is not always the same, yet we lost both resistances and weaknesses. Certain units might receive a huge advantage against us because of that, no? Were there any tests in that regard? Nidus, for example, won't benefit from shield-gating and he didn't receive any armor buffs either.

Edited by Lone_Dude

В 3/2/2020 в 8:47 PM, [DE]Bear сказал:

Titania is a powerhouse in capable hands. The above revisit may encourage more people to pick her up and master her for the upcoming War…

The current changes will force me to give up Titania. Razorwing still has a lot of bugs that exist from the beginning and there is no mention that they will be fixed. And I would still like to see a normal frame revision. You make attempts in the right direction , I like it, but it's not enough. Just trust me, Titania, despite its potential, is one of the most boring frames in the game.

I see that Titania uses too many mechanics, which makes it seem that it is a test site. But none of the mechanics are brought to a good state, hence all the problems with the frame. Even if you look at the biggest change - the Tribute, it becomes clear that this will only work well because of the 50% DR, but the ability itself will still be bad.

Edited by zhellon

Please return the Tribute to the previous system. It is much easier for Titania to just cast it on selected enemies rather than to cycle like vauban or ivara. I hope you do know cycling a buff is very annoying when you want to just support the team very quick.

Other than the Tribute change, I am very happy with this new rework on Titania. But please revert back the Tribute system, I honestly believe you just need to give better description on which type of enemies gives the buff/debuff. But I will give it a try

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Just trust me, Titania, despite its potential, is one of the most boring frames in the game.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. Titania is a different frame than most that is true, but it doesn't make her boring. In fact if you learn how to use all her ability not just focus on Razorwing build, you will see how not boring Titania is.

• Like 2

24 минуты назад, SvenKajima сказал:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this. Titania is a different frame than most that is true, but it doesn't make her boring. In fact if you learn how to use all her ability not just focus on Razorwing build, you will see how not boring Titania is.

I use all of her abilities. I even think that razorwing is only suitable for movement and nothing more.

You can think what you want , but I think a frame that can use the archwing flight system simultaneously with all weapons, companions, and integrations will be 54 times better than Titania. ( of course on my abstract scale, which I just came up with). The game has more than 400 types of weapons, more than 20 companions with unique abilities. I think this is enough to say that any frame is better than Titania.

Yes, I can play without razorwing and it will be literally nidus gameplay. Yes, I could come up with a lot with razorwfly if I was given the ability to command them, but this is not implemented. I could come up with a lot with Lantern if I was given the ability to drag it, but this is not implemented. I could have come up with a lot of flying enemies that I could control, but right now this mechanic is completely useless. In my opinion, Titania is just broken, and the buffs of a broken frame will not give anything 

In short, I'm still waiting for if not Titania, then a normal beautiful frame with a free archwing system . Flight is freedom. Razorwing denies all freedom. I don 't like it. 

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 6:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

The above statement is debateable, so far Titania's been passed over 3 times in a row for a proper revision and any dev workshop she was in, she was an aftertought filler for whatever else was the "meat" of the update.

Each set of changes so far were fixes to painfully obvious QoL issuess that should have been solved a week from her original release.

- Tribute effects are still unmoddable: power strenght does nothing, radius is fixed (a half blessing if modding for duration with narrow minded), duration is fixed.

- Tribute effects are objectively underwhelming:

> Dust suffers from being an area centered on the frame, anything further is unaffected -> would work best as an actual buff on frame and allies giving 50% evasion instead, still the only RNG based defensive ability in game...

> Thorns: damage reduction + reflection, while the reduction part more or less works, reflection part is useless considering the asimmetry between enemy damage and health, needs someting else like status proc prevention

> Entangle: affects only enemy movement and not attacks!

> Full Moon: +75% companion damage... only companions damage is usually crap or you don't have them when in razorwing (and razorflies die too easily to be of consequence)

- Spellbind and Lantern should have been already folded into a single power like you did for Vauban's Bastille and Vortex or be a power interaction like Octavia's Mallet and Resonator

- Razorflies need to be separated in their own power the way Khora's Venari works, with possibility of setting them on attack, defense or gathering mode and respawning/dismissing them on command - current razorflies get lost in tiles, float away aggroing most of the map on their own and are generally not there to serve as decoys

- Still no way to refresh Razorflise without needing to leave razorwing mode: when the hell will you realize that the only attractive of this frame is razorwing mode itself? Everything else she does, she does worse than other frames

- Razorwing mode is still targeted and oneshotted by anti-air attacks in both Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis

> Diwata is still a mediocre melee weapon with enough range to put Titania in harms' way, purely single target, no mod capacity from a stance

> Dex pixia, while decent, is based on the crappy dual Decurion, one of the worst archwing weapons, no exilus slot

Both exalted weapons would improve a bit by getting the 40 ranks used by paracesis and Kuva weapons, as they both lack any defining/peculiar trait, don't have access to Acolite mods and still need a fair amount of forma to be brough up to standard, while still being mechanically worse than most conventional weapons of similar kind

- Razorwing transition is still too slow, would be much better by not interrupting mobility / cancelling inertia, permitting to transition from bullet jumping to flight for instance

Considering the grind needed to farm her, the heavy investment in formas needed 8frame + 2x weapons), Titania still is underwhelming

• Like 8

I am quite thankful for the changes for frames with absolutly NO surviavability at all, BUT now 90% of all warframes are in a 100-200 armor range.. and I think this is quite boring and lacking intersting design..

I think this was a missed opportunity again here, just for the sake of beeing careful.

I think, DE you could and definitly SHOULD be much more extreme with some warframes.

and again vauban is the prime example here.. he is an engineer, a crafter of inventions and stuff, shouldn't especially HE be well aware of the fact that a good armor is needed to survive, esepcially with no self healing on its own?

look at other games' engineers were you have tft where he can repair stuff, or overwatch where the engineer literally threw out armor packs.

I think either vaubans third ability need change again (as it is quite heavily underwhelming anyway) to have something to do with giving armor OR he should at least rival Valkyr at her armor levels, Valkyr just has armor because... reasons... vauban on the other hand  has an actual reason to have armor. Also a low health but high armor warframe is a nice twist and something that would set him apart from other frames.. so I guess something like 500 armor on normal vauban and 600 on prime.

same goes for some other "tankier frames" such as Rhino or Frost where they are the og tanks of the game or even the new grendel.  On Rhino you can VISAULLY see how much armor he is packing! and I think they especially should even surpass valkyr, giving them 800 or 900 armor respectively, where espeically frost and grendel would need it.

Edited by SmokinDice

Here are some things that can improve Titania's abilities

1st ability:

·       Increase ability radius from 5m to 10m.

·       Instead of them rag dolling, make them just hover in the air.

·       Enemies affected are vulnerable to damage.

·       Shooting enemies will have a 50% chance to drop health orbs. When picked up, it will send out a 15m wave of health regeneration giving her and allies 10 health a second for 5 seconds.

Synergy: if you use the 2nd ability on an enemy affected by the 1st ability, they have a 75% chance to drop energy orbs. It can also move the hovering enemy.

2nd ability:

·       All buffs effectiveness will be increased to 75%.

·       The range of enemies affected should be in a 50m radius.

·       Thorns – the damage reflection should be 1000+ to make it useful. This can be increased by strength mods

·       Full Moon – it should also increase companion’s and butterfly’s movement speed.

·       Buffs should be absorbed into her no matter the distance.

·       Enemies that survive the hit their damage output is reduced by 50%.

Synergy: dust & thorns applies to 4th ability butterflies.

3rd ability:

·       Each enemy affected will increase the range by 2m to a cap of 10m.

·       You can shoot at affected enemy loading elemental damage into it depending on what mods you have on your weapons. The butterflies and the explosion will release the elemental damage. Visually loading fire damage will show the butterflies and enemies on fire and will show fire explosion upon deactivation.

4th ability:

·       While using 4th ability, make the other ability cost half the energy.

·       While having the diwata (exalted sword) equipped, you can close the gap on enemies within 35m. This makes it to where you can reach the enemies quicker.

·       She is able to interact with the environmental objects while in this form. (hacking, opening doors)

·       (Synergy) If you cast the 1st ability on enemies, it will give the diwata 30% more damage when used on them.

Also, here is a post I put up of how I think Ash`s abilities can be improved.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 3

Thank u for all these armor changes!!!, some paper frames need it so much, but some didn't like Inaros, but is ok, more tankyness am i rite?
Also: Titania's Vacuum need to change too, collecting energy orb is kind of a problem, since her 4 is constantly using energy, it will always be sucking up energy orbs, therefore wasting orbs that could come in handy later in battle, so, a vacuum without the ability of sucking up energy orbs only plsss? ty!!

On 2020-03-02 at 11:47 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Lantern: Lanterns are now locked in place, allowing for more easily-controlled CC.

Enemy should run towards the lantern, because just walking takes them to long to reach. This is a issue on convoluted tilesets like ceres where AI's trip to the lantern because way to long.

• Like 1

After some testing of Titania in the Simulcrum the full moon buff doesn't seem to do anything. It says it gives you a 50% health and armor buff along with a 75% damage buff but i am not noticing any damage increase and my health pool certainly wasn't increasing. Not sure if her other buffs are bugged or not hard to tell.

Upon further testing her other tribute buffs seem to be fine but Full Moon definitely  isn't working unless i am misunderstanding it.

Edited by TheEnderBlade

9 minutes ago, TheEnderBlade said:

After some testing of Titania in the Simulcrum the full moon buff doesn't seem to do anything. It says it gives you a 50% health and armor buff along with a 75% damage buff but i am not noticing any damage increase and my health pool certainly wasn't increasing. Not sure if her other buffs are bugged or not hard to tell.

Upon further testing her other tribute buffs seem to be fine but Full Moon definitely  isn't working unless i am misunderstanding it.

The Full Moon aura gives a Health and Damage buff to companions (i.e. pets), not to warframes! (I haven't tested this, but it sounds like this might be the issue.)

. . .

As someone who plays a lot of Titania, though, I do think that the Tribute changes might have made it harder to use? It might just be because it's different, and it's nice that you don't have to wait for a particular kind of enemy to show up to get a particular buff... but it's a lot more fiddly now.

Instead of just being like "oh, there's a lancer, I should whap him to get the Dust aura," now it's "tap tap tap is that the right icon, no it's the other one, since they all look kind of similar, tap, now hold the same key down until I see it cast, okay, while I'm at it I should grab Thorns, too, tap, hold... crap, I got Dust twice, did I screw that up?" 

This might be something that I'll get used to in time, but so far it's felt like a lot more complex and easy-to-fumble button-wrangling to accomplish something that used to be easier.

. . . 

The Spellbind and Lantern changes are great, though! I'd kind of stopped using Lantern for a bit, and it feels much more reliable, now. And (somewhat ancillary to this thread), the shield changes have made her feel a lot less squishy, too -- she'd been in the "fun to play, but just too prone to getting instantly squashed by high level enemies" zone for a while, and this immediately feels much better!

• Like 1

30 минут назад, TheEnderBlade сказал:

Upon further testing her other tribute buffs seem to be fine but Full Moon definitely isn't working unless i am misunderstanding it.

This only works for Pets.  And it's useful for dogs now.

Edited by zhellon

The ability wheel seems alright. It would be better to hold for cycle selection, tap to cast (like Khora's Venari posture wheel), since Tribute is targeted ability rather than something you throw like Vauban's balls. Also you can Tribute the same target for all 4 buffs now and keep recasting it, a nice improvement.

• Like 1

Titania's 1 is still only really useful for stacking Razorwing Blitz and a bit of status immunity, both of which are underwhelming to say the least. The CC aspect of it should be changed to something completely different, especially since her 3 is now going to be made more useful CC with the Lantern now being stationary, making it akin to Trinity's 1: simply redundant.

As some people are also saying, the new way to swap around Tribute is not good. Swapping abilities like those of Vauban and Ivara have always been and will continue to be clunky and unintuitive, especially since *holding* should be for switching and *pressing* should be for actual casting. Even if it did work this way for Tribute, it would still be really clunky. 

• Like 2