Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: UI Quality of Life Changes Megathread

SilverBones

I love the change to revives. Specifically how there is a bar that gets filled in during the hold to confirm resurrection. It always felt inconsistent before because I was mentally timing how long the button was held down, and my stupid monkey brain is terrible at counting the seconds with no visual indicator that remains constant.

Was playing a survival fissure mission and noticed that it's hard to distinguish the labels for the life-support capsules and the reactant, "at a glance" that is. Given these missions can get pretty hectic it's distracting to have to actively look at every label to see if it's reactant or a life-support tower.

Would be nice to differentiate them with color maybe? I'm thinking same color as the incoming capsules for all of them and then make the incoming one pulsating with a darker blue, just my two cents.

VsZHAHs.png

• Like 2

Passable, I guess.

I was ok with the "hold to confirm" system on leisure stuff like the Intrinsics and Avionics screens. Gave some nice ambience to the UI.

Oh, and since you mentioned the Squad Stats HUD, when are you going to switch the Glyphs there for actual icons that can tell me which frame is being used by whom? Namely, the ones already being used on the minimap. Glyphs aren't going to help me know if the guy at 10 HP left is a Mag about to be cannonized or a Rhino that can just turn invincible for a solid moment and survive. And if I'm playing any support frame like Trinity, I need that info at a glance, I don't want to have to press Esc to know who's who.

Speaking of Trin, I'd also like the Energy bar on the Squad Stats HUD to have actual numbers, so I can tell if the Trininity CAN ult to heal me or if I should panic. The bar by itself isn't really that readable AND it seems to not update frequently enough, especially when Channeled abilities are involved.

• Like 2

ty for changing revive bar

requests, Please:

• Ability to turn on top right hand corner effect names, and mouseover them after hitting esc for description
  • Show if we have weapon built from weapon parts not just blueprint during relic runs etc.
  • ability to do negative searches e.g. "-primed" to show all non primed items
  • ability to manual zoom out (not just manual rotate) from cosmetic items to see whole frame/pet etc.
  • ability to search relics based on rank e.g. flawless, radiant
  • a (v) symbol next to vaulted relics so you don't waste your breath in recruitment looking for a radshare only to realize it's vaulted when you come back from an absence
  • pet summon button / unstuck
  • swap ability order / custom keybindings for each frame once mastered!!

Edited by Reaper76OTP

Please, return button to revive!

I see your GUI broken very often, and usually hotkeys including abilities, '5' and 'X'. So only one possibility to return playable state in mission - death and revive pushing the button. Now it will impossible to return to play and only last way is 'Alt+F4'  with losing all progress and wasting time spent. Is it that experiense you want for your players from your's mistakes?

For the longest time I couldn't figure out why the Avionics screen in Empyrean bothered me so much. I couldn't describe what made me have issues with it. Last night, I finally figured out my problems with it.

1. Make the options to separate the Avionics based on rank and equipped always on. I don't understand why these have to be toggled every time, considering that whenever I go into the Avionics screen it is primarily to clean out dupes for Dirac. The mods screen already separates mods from ranked and unranked, why doesn't the Avionics? This isn't a case of overwhelming information either, because the information of whether I have upgraded my Avionics or not is buried beneath a toggle.
  2. Make any Avionic not attached to a House attached to a new Sigma House. There's a problem of Tactical Avionics, Battle Avionics, and the default Avionics acquired from building a Railjack can only be found in the "All Avionics" option for sorting. Having all avionics present on the screen means digging through my multiple versions of the same Avionic to find and upgrade or scrap tactical and battle avionics. We already have a default Sigma set of research for the Railjack components, so attaching any House-less Avionics to a Sigma House would keep in theme, and make organization easier.

Now that multishot is it's own stat, can it at least be accurate to 2 decimal places like fire rate (a stat that easily reaches double digits)? I don't think it's even possible to reach double digit multishot values anyway and my +95.x% multishot rivens are all being rounded up 2.0.

Good, these changes are all on the right path. Still sad that the UI was butchered as badly as it was originally. 

It raises the question of why do you not have an opt in and vote system built into the game? Like why do you not have your partners able to play a test version and give you their thoughts? Or why not have founders/max mr players provide feedback? People who know the game the best and use it and will have immediate opinions. 

UI QoL request: On Starmap > Countdown to Mission Start, esc should function as Cancel instead of zoom out. E.g., Sometimes I have the wrong mods/loadout selected and I load into game unintentionally because I zoom out of the planet before the UI can cancel the instance.

Here are some UI bugs and issues plaguing me on PS4.

Could you please move the Murmur progress icon a bit lower in the screen, so when a Lich spawns, their Health bar doesn't cover it? Right now if a Lich spawns we can't see Murmur progress at all.

Replenishing Railjack payload in the Drydock with the new replenish all function adds numbers over the max. For example 563/500 Flux Energy is shown.

Please give Crewships and Ramsleds different markers so they are easy to identify even when swarmed by fighters.

Please move either the video transmission pop up window or the information behind it, so that when we get a transmission, it doesn't obscure the HUD information in the background. Truth be told, I would like the ability to turn these transmissions off completely, because listening to and watching Lotus explain Survival and MANY others to me every single time is beyond annoying.

Please add a numerical counter, 1/3 for example, when using Exilus Adapters of any kind, similarly to have we see our Formas and Orokin Potatoes, so we know how many Exilus Adapters we have out of our total stock while deciding whether to use one or not.

Please remove mod obscurity from the Codex. If I look on a mod I don't have, it's description cannot be read, but I can link the mod in any chat and read the description there. This mod description obscurity seems utterly unnecessary.

Please add Lich tab to the Starchart drop down menu where Arbitrations and Alerts are, where we can see what missions and mission types are available for our Lich, so we can easily choose the mission type we want, instead of having to manually look on each controlled planet and go node by node until we find it.

When a Lich spawns sometimes the entire HUD turns red and all icons turn red as well, with the exception of the Extraction, which is black. This stays even after the Lich leaves or is dealt with via Parazon.

Intrinsics gained in a Railjack mission do not correlate to the amount shown in the Drydock menu. Let's say I started with 100 Intrinsics and ended up with 123 Intrinsics after a mission is over, but Drydock menu shows 111, which is higher than the original value but lower then the mission result screen showed. I suspect Affinity Boosters are not applying correctly.

When a Lich is hit by Armor affecting abilities, for example Nyx's Psychic Bolts, their shields, even if depleted, will be shown full on their HP bar although they are in fact indeed depleted. This bug disappears once the ability duration runs out but happens every time the ability is used again.

The option to disable full screen distortions doesn't work, at least on PS4, as when you get hit by a, for an extreme example, Magnetic Lich's Kuva Nukor, you literally can't see anything over all the Magnetic and Radiation procs.

When my Kubrow gets downed, several bugs sometimes happen. The game doesn't give me a pop up the Kubrow is down. Once revived, it still has the red marked of a downed ally on it for the rest of the mission. When it dies, again, no screen notification happens.

When someone reaches friendship door or extraction, the screen message informing us about this stays on the screen even though the door has been opened or the extraction has been left.

When using the chat and entering a new area like a relay or dojo, the chat automatically switches to the area channel, even if we were writing already in a different channel resulting in the message being sent to the wrong channel then desired.

On the topic of the chat, when I have a chat open during the after mission loading screen or during the mission result screen and press the square button used to start writing in the chat it also begins the mission replay as well at the same time as the square button is used for that too.

When selecting a Bounty on Cetus or in Fortuna, the Relic contents in the possible bounty rewards on the bounty selection screen cannot be previewed, so we don't know what the Relic has in it.

Sometimes, especially after a mission, my Kubrow, while present in the Orbiter cannot have any of its menus open and the game displays "This object has not been loaded yet, please try again later.", however waiting doesn't solve this and I have to visit Dojo, or a relay in order to customize my Kubrow or restart the game. This doesn't happen with MOAs nor Sentinels.

Lastly, please also take a look at these:

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
Added links to my other UI topics.

On 2020-03-06 at 3:21 AM, Zarremgregarrok said:

QoL Shop screen request:
Can we finally get "Hide Crafted" in shops and clan research? We have "Hide Owned" and the items do show "Crafted", so can we get this filtering done without scrolling through it like madmen?

On 2020-03-06 at 3:24 AM, Zarremgregarrok said:

UI QoL Request:
And while we are at the "vaulted" relic marker, can we also get markers for "owned/crafted/mastered" on the relic rewards? Especially when we are selecting a relic for the next endless mission rotation and have only a few seconds to pick it?

These, both of these and add this to the list:
UI QoL Request:
Add a Hide Equipped for the Gear Wheel and Emote Wheel, an Equip all to Gear wheel Option and a better system for Swapping item slots in the gear wheel, like say if I have Energy Pads on Slot 4, and I have Ammo Pads on Slot 5, well, it'll break the wheel and unequip stuff further down the Wheel to change ANYTHING. So how about make it like Configs, where I can drag it over from one slot to another to swap the items in those Slots? That'd be Great.

And lastly, In General QoL Request: Add Seperate Sprint Toggles for Archwing, K-Drives, Railjack and On Foot. I don't need to explain why it's soooo God dam annoying to have Sprint toggled in Railjack, but trust me, it IS.

UI In-Game QoL request: Change Friendly Life Bars to be Opposite of Enemies [Shield First; Health After] to Improve Readability and Consistency with the HuD.

Maybe Green for those with Armor? 🤷‍♂️ On that one ...

The two biggest QoL UI changes sorely needed:

A: Restoration of the "are you sure you want to sell this item?" window, and with the item images added back in. It's quite nerve-wracking to double-check everything at the Ducat terminals to make sure I didn't sell a Prime part I needed.

B: Reversion of the blasted greyscale effect in the Inventory. For similar reasons to the above, weapons and 'frames being fully colored ONLY if we mouse over them makes things a bit nerve-wracking when it comes to selling items that don't change much between default and Prime models (Akvasto vs. Akvasto Prime, for instance). Combined with the above issue of no longer having the "double-check sale" dialogue window include the images, and it's alarmingly easy to sell something that may be Vaulted or hard to obtain.

Ive seen this topic brought up in other posts but nothing recent. I also havnt seen any response from DE on the subject. I am currently playing Warframe on both PS4 and XB One, and i have used mouse and keyboard on both. Ive noticed some recent changes to the XB One's Keyboard and mouse capabilities that are not available for the PS4.

The list is as follows:

-Keybinding menu for custom key setup.

-The ability to use my mouse's 12 side buttons. Registering as standard 1 - = on the KB.

-Ability to use mouse hacking corpus consoles. 

-Ability to use mouse when selecting items from the gear wheel.

-UI information on default keyboard binds.

I would like to see these functions made available for PS4 and was wondering about the status or progress being made towards such features.

Edited by (PS4)kelamor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

A couple of thoughts regarding recruit chat. One of the biggest pains is trying to fill squads for uncommon missions or farms. Examples include endo farming, long endurance runs, or radshares for old or vaulted relics. 

It would be great if there was a sort of graphic UI that shows mission/farming types to make it easier to fill these.This would eliminate the scrolling feed and the players could easily see what mission/farm squads are forming and would eliminate the need to spam recruit chat with messages. As the squad fills up we could do something other than staring at a scrolling text feed.