Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: >100% Status Chance / Shotgun Megathread

SilverBones

Greater than 100% Status having meaning:

Years ago we added Orange and Red Critical Damage numbers when you land a Critical with greater than 100%. For years, Status being greater than 100% has done nothing except guarantee Status - which is good, just not an added incentive to go over 100%. We are changing that this update. 

When you hit a Status Chance greater than 100%, a single damage instance will be able to create two Status Effects. This means if you have a Shot with 200% Status Chance modded with both Blast and Toxin Damage, that single shot will result in both Status Effects!

It is worth noting we are fixing a UI inconsistency that is ‘Display Only’. Right now the Arsenal shows Status Chance affected by Multishot, which makes reading the new >100% value confusing. For example, the Arsenal might say 120% but really the Status Chance is 80%. We don’t have Multishot affect any Critical Stats (Chance or Multiplier), so we are fixing this display inconsistency. Multishot now has its own Stat. 

Shotguns have a unique Role here based on a very patch-work history with how they interact with Status Chance. A Shotgun that shoots 99% Status Chance would give you 35% (roughly) status per pellet. 100% Status Gives you 100% Status per pellet. This huge jump in performance happens with just a 1% gain - why? Well, to answer that we have to look at our choice to make what the UI conveys reality. It would feel broken to shoot a Shotgun with 100% Status and not see a perfect spread of Effects. In reality, to make Status consistent we have to treat Shotguns as a special case.

Shotguns as a special case means we have buffed the Status Chance of all Shotguns by x3 or greater. The UI now behaves to show the reality that you are determining Status Chance per pellet. 

Stacking Status Effects:

But wait - THERE’S MORE! In addition to being able to achieve two Status Effects on a single shot with >100% Status,  we are also adding new meaning if you get a duplicate Status Effect on an enemy overall.

This section will outline exactly what this means for each Status type, including information on how multiple Status Effects behaved with stacking prior to this Hotfix:

Type

Stacking Behaviour when a duplicate Status Effect Occurs: 

Slash

Each Slash Status has its own duration, but now we only show a maximum of 10 damage numbers in the HUD, damage is unaffected, but reducing how many damage events we show helps with performance

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (removed previous change of adding Ragdoll as maximum Stagger consequence).

Puncture

The first Puncture Status Effect has an enemy deal 30% less Damage. Subsequent Puncture Status add +5% weakening, leading to up to 75% (capped). Each Puncture Status has a duration of 6 Seconds.

Cold

The first Cold Status Effect deals 25% slow. Subsequent Cold Status Effects deal +5% slow for a total of 70% slow at 10 procs. Each Cold Status has a duration of 6 seconds.

Heat

No Change.

Toxin

See Slash, plus the base duration of a Toxin Status Effect now matches Slash for 6 seconds.

Electric

AoE Electric Damage that is part of the Status Effect can now reoccur while the target is still under the stun animation of another Electric Status Effect.

Blast

Grants the Blast Status Effect a single target. Blast Status reduces enemy accuracy by 30% base. Subsequent Blast Status Effects add +5% inaccuracy for  for 75% total at 10 stacks. Each Blast Status has a 6 second Duration.

Corrosive

The first Corrosive Status Effect strips 26% Armor. Subsequent Corrosive Status Effects strip 6% more Armor, leading up to 80% Armor removal.

Each Corrosive Status Effect lasts 8 seconds.
Note: Corrosive was the only Status with infinite Duration and 100% Efficacy toward a defensive stat. This was necessary to some based on how Armor Scaled. We feel our rebalancing efforts need a differently behaving Corrosive Proc to balance out all Status overall. 

Radiation

The first Radiation Status Effect has an enemy deal 100% Damage to allies. Subsequent Radiation Status adds +50% damage, leading to up to 550% (capped). Each Radiation Status Effect has a duration of 12 seconds.

Magnetic

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Magnetic Status Effect deals 100% additional Shield damage, subsequent Magnetic Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped). Enemies under a Magnetic Status Effect cannot regenerate Shields. Magnetic Status Duration is now 6 seconds.

Viral

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Viral Status Effect deals 100% additional Health damage, subsequent Viral Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped).
Note: Before Viral would halve a target’s health pool and simply refresh the duration. Now it deals 2x Damage to Health, and can scale up to 4.5x Damage on repeat Status Effects. 

Gas

The base duration of a Gas Status Effect now matches Slash for 6 seconds. No longer does AoE with forced Poison Status Effect (resulting in Poison DoT for enemies in radius), instead it does AoE DoT Gas damage around the target.

Players - aka Tenno - can only have a Maximum of 1 Stack on them - you cannot receive Stacked Status Effects as a player from enemies, fear not!

Why: The inclusion of enhanced or different stacking of Duplicate Status Effects is one to refresh the appeal of Status.

In addition, we’ve removed 0.25x Multiplier for Elemental Status Effects, meaning all Elemental Status Effects are 4x more likely.

Why: Critical has long been king - and while we are leaving Critical as is, our goal is to bring Status into the Arsenals in a new light for all Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapons.Our long-term goal with this change is to build upon this series of changes to eventually allow Status to impact bigger threats like Liches and Eidolons.

Please remember to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner! Remember, this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY. If you have a bug, please make sure you submit your bug on this thread and follow the new guidelines!

Edited by [DE]Megan
edited Blast for accuracy
  • Like 5

Electric is 100% crowd control and will outpace puncture, cold, blast and impact. 

Corrosive takes 2 mods, does 80% of something, whereas heat takes 1 mod, does 62.5% of corrosive's job, and has scaling damage... 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Electric is 100% crowd control and will outpace puncture, cold, blast and impact. 

Corrosive takes 2 mods, does 80% of something, whereas heat takes 1 mod, does 62.5% of corrosive's job, and has scaling damage... 

My theory is that they just throw some numbers and pray for it to work or something.

• Like 7

Honestly, unless the pellet count of the shotguns matches the status multiplier bonus. All status chances got nerfed... But I can't check atm because I'm at work... Now all 100% status shotguns are now the 30% status shotguns DE didn't want. At least 99% is now 29.7%

• Like 5

On 2020-03-02 at 1:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Shotguns as a special case means we have buffed the Status Chance of all Shotguns by x3 or greater.

Well this was a blatant lie.  How does increasing my kuva brakk's status chance by 3x result in its status chance being less than a third of what it was before

Edited by Thural
  • Like 19

I'm at work and can't find out how bad the shotguns are now. Is %chance going to be divided by each pellet? If so, adding more multshot to shotguns could be bad? I'm not sure if it has always worked this way, pls correct me if I'm wrong. 

Your elementals have now the same weight proc as physical damage does. So more of the element + negative impact/punc/slash is still usable on paper, not even close to old 100% status tho.

5 minutes ago, Thural said:

Well this was a blatant lie.  How does increasing my kuva brakk's status chance by 3x result in its status chance being less than a third of what it was before

Edited by aLphaaa

Slash - I like it!

Impact - I noticed that its still being worked on but im worried about any amount of ragdoll for impact

Ragdoll is a cool effect but i think it could get annoying really fast when its not controlled and makes you miss all your shots. I think impact should keep it's original stagger effect but has a chance of outright breaking armor and temporarily disabling shields. So on the first proc it has a 1% chance of stripping 25% armor and disabling enemy shields for 6 seconds while on the 10th stack proc it has a 10% chance of doing this. 

Puncture - I think this is good, real good!

Maybe let the puncture have the effect of going through enemies too? Puncture Through does this already but i think it would be cool adding it as a status option as well. One is reliable, one is less reliable

Cold - My favorite! Unsure if youre saying add it will have a decaying process but:

I was thinking the procs should have a decaying process like the enemy is thawing out. At 10 stacks the enemy will be slowed by 70% for 6 seconds, then 65% for 6 seconds, and so on till it goes down to 25% slow. Once at 25%, that will be the last 6 seconds of being affected by a cold proc causing it to last 60 seconds (okay 60 seconds is a long time but hopefully the idea is clear)

Heat - its pretty nice where it is i agree

But i think a decaying process for this one would be cool too. Or should I say hot 🤔

Toxin - is cool too

I think it would be cool if toxin caused enemies to instantly die after reaching a certain threshold. Like the first proc causes the enemy to die when they reach 2.5% health left, at 10 procs the enemy dies at 25% health.

Electric - Perfect rework for this in my opinion! Worth picking up for some wonderful crowd control and a good damage type!

Blast - Cool!

It would be awesome if it spread the status effects on the enemy you triggered blast on, to other enemies! Killed enemies will explode if killed by a blast status effect

Corrosive - Reasonable, i can deal with this

But i dont think duration should be added. The amount of added difficulty it adds i feel is too small for the discomfort it would cause at changing players understanding of the game. I dont think its worth it over creating a new enemy that repairs its own armor or something

Radiation - EXCELLENT EDIT: Nevermind!! I didnt realize it was talking about enemies attacking each other, i thought it was talking about giving us 550% damage (dont judge my reading skills😂😂)

I think the damage bonus is still far to small for enemies weapons, especially considering their health and shield values. Unless become an equal amount of a threat to each other as they are to our average warframe, then the damage bonus wont be noticed as much.

Magnetic - Cool cool

Maybe adding too much but it would be nice if it increased the hit box of the enemies head too

Viral - Cool! I have no extra ideas for this here

But overall i like the changes💜💙💜💙

Edit: Just wanted to say that i didnt test everything on pc (i dont play on pc), and only talking the status changes. Also left out gas proc as i missed it

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
  • Like 1

I think some status effects should be swapped for practical and logical reasons:

- Viral and Puncture status effects should be swapped. "Puncture" is the damage type that is supposed to be effective against armor, but its status effect is inferior to slash. Puncture should do what Viral does because you'd expect making a hole on armor would make the user take more damage. This would also make it compete better with Slash.

- Viral should get what Puncture does because you'd expect it to weaken enemies and deal less damage as they get sick.

- The Blast effect should be given to Impact. Makes more sense because when you take a big hit and get dizzy, your coordination (Ergo your aim) fails.

- This in turn opens the door for Blast to be given stagger or knockdown, as expected from an explosion.

EDIT:

9 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Recommendation: switch the Impact and Blast status effects entirely. They make little sense in their current configuration, but they make a bucketload of sense if switched around. 

I see I'm not the only one thinking this.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 10

I'm confused on the gas changes. So it no longer stacks Toxin, but makes the target release some AoE gas damage? It just makes enemies stinky? I haven't been able to test it yet, but It seems like Gas was going to be really nice to use with the Toxin changes, but now it seems you need to group enemies better, and longer, in order to get even a little value out of it. I hope this isn't the case. I'll definitely have to test, but I was hoping this update would make my Mutalist Cernos useable.

So after some testing I notice. Gas does not go through shields, neither does the AoE damage. The AoE cannot proc gas, and the damage is painfully low. I feel this should be reverted, because gas is already super neglected, and at least it was useable to spread lots of Toxin. If not reverted, maybe changed to be stronger for area denial. Make gas leave gas clouds (Pox/Torid/Muta-Cernos style), or make Gas able to go through shields again, or hell make stacking it increase the AoE size! That would be awesome!  This is a really sorry change to an already unused status. Even enemies don't use it, other than the Juggernaut, I believe?

I hope something can be done, that can make it worth modding for again! ^^

PS: People complaining about the shotgun status changes need to recognise that the status chance before was per trigger pull, but now it's per pellet. So the 60% status chance you have on your shotguns are now PER PELLET, instead of just trigger pulls.

PPS: Stug is still awful when it comes to status, a literal blob of gross that has a 10% status chance on explosion.

Edited by SerenityEuphoria
After testing addition & PS
  • Like 4

Can impact procs be made to not knock enemies to the ground? In the previous system I avoided blast damage whenever possible because it would know enemies over and made me have to suddenly aim down to shoot enemies, but now that effect is moved to impact procs and there's no avoiding having impact on weapons unless they had no impact damage to start with (which is rare). This basically makes any high status weapon with a decent amount of impact damage annoying to use because it constantly knocks enemies you're shooting on the ground. As other people have said, I think it would be good to switch the effects of blast and impact around.

Edited by J13Arrowz
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Thural said:

Drakgoon is less then 1/3 too, I guess the hiwi mixed the math procedure. 

Phantasm is still the same

Boar is reduced too

Edited by BlackMensa
  • Like 2

On 2020-03-02 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Slash

Each Slash Status has its own duration, but now we only show a maximum of 10 damage numbers in the HUD, damage is unaffected, but reducing how many damage events we show helps with performance

It would be awesome if instead of showing 10 damage numbers at a time we could see the Total Damage in 1 big number that keeps stacking/updating as all the procs deal damage 😄

• Like 5

Gas was destroyed. No reason to run this crap right now. It served as a niche build, but it turns out DE doesn't even know what they are doing. I litterally don't know who the big brain behind this three minute change was, but he has no clue. Lmao.

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Recommendation: switch the Impact and Blast status effects entirely. They make little sense in their current configuration, but they make a bucketload of sense if switched around. 

I concur.

• Like 10

The current impact procs are utterly terrible. The cancellation of the planned ragdoll helps little when it still can knock down enemies. I just fought a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in the Simulacrum with my Daikyu - not fun at all once they are lying on the ground and it becomes near impossible to deal headshots. This is especially bad because a lot of weapons come with innate impact damage and thus you cannot avoid the procs besides rolling for a Riven with -100% impact damage, which is a ludicrous proposition to begin with.

As has been suggested on Reddit, simply swap the effects of impact and blast procs. It makes no sense that blast (explosions!) does no longer knock enemies down (really silly when you see a squad of Grineer just shaking off explosions like that), and the accuracy debuff would actually be a useful side effect on many regular guns.

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 8

Shotgun status chance make absolutely no sense now. My Boar Prime's build with Hell's Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, and all 4 hybrid status/status chance mods only has 38.3% status chance, while my Kohm with the same mods has 255% status chance. DE said they were going to fix shotgun status chance, not make it ten times worse. Why would you even use any shotgun besides Kohm now?

EDIT: Also why would you use anything besides Viral now? Consecutive stacks strip more and more health, which means more and more DPS. Unless you're fighting infested, in which case Toxic Ancients have 80% resistance to Viral, but that's still not much of a reason to not use it.

EDIT 2: Okay it I did a quick test in the Simulacrum against a level 130 Corrupted Heavy Gunner and the results were surprising. It turns out that the problem isn't the status chance, it's that the UI doesn't convey the actual effects of the new shotgun status chance system in a way we're used to. ligonare said that Kohm was a special case because the first shot is only 1 pellet. I tried firing only one shot without letting Kohm spin up against my target and was getting anywhere between between 6 to 10 status procs per shot. I then tried this with my Boar Prime and was surprised to see it also get 6 to 10 status chances per hit. it seems that instead of status chance being spread amongst the pellets, each pellet now has the same status chance. So then I just hosed my target with both shotguns and I was holding 20+ status procs on it. Yes, shotgun status is now broken, but not because it was nerfed, because it's now stupidly overpowered. Again, both my Boar Prime and Kohm have Hell's Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, and all 4 status/status chance mods.

I still have my previous sentiments about Viral damage. The fact that it has the ability to deal 100% to 325% extra health damage means there's no reason to use anything else, similar to how previously there was no reason to use anything else but corrosive due to the broken armor scaling. DE either needs to nerf Viral's status proc, either by reducing the percentage or the amount it scales, or change it entirely.

Edited by UncleZeebs
  • Like 7