Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: >100% Status Chance / Shotgun Megathread

SilverBones

1 minute ago, UncleZeebs said:

Shotgun status chance make absolutely no sense now. My Boar Prime's build with Hell's Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, and all 4 hybrid status/status chance mods only has 38.3% status chance, while my Kohm with the same mods has 255% status chance. DE said they were going to fix shotgun status chance, not make it ten times worse. Why would you even use any shotgun besides Kohm now?

I think Kohm starts with one pellet. Hence the conversion is wonky. If anything, the kohm is the bugged one.

• Like 2

Some shotguns (only spotted kohm, kuva kohm and arca plasmor) don't show staus per pellet.

Gas damage just feels bad. It does next to nothing against grineer units and against other enemies other damage types just kill faster.

Is viral supposed to be extremely weak against heavy grineer?

Edited by Hitical-Crit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Elannor said:

Please check Nova's Antimatter Drop.

With the new changes, this ability became almost useless. It was powerful against lvl 80 enemies, now it barely drains 5% of their health.

Is it being neutered by shield gating? Because that would suck. Powers should ignore gating.

• Like 2

Yeah so... uhm... I hate to be that guy but...this nerfs status weapons.

With my 31% base status chance Kuva Karak (150%MS) I can apply all 10 stacks of whatever capped status (cold,viral, corrosive,blast, magnetic etc.) in about 1 second or 15 shots

After that, there is no more reason to apply any statuses since it's capped so... why would I ever go past 100%?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Is it being neutered by shield gating? Because that would suck. Powers should ignore gating.

Actually, against corpus, I just tested and it works ok. 

But against corrupted and grineer, it's definitely bad. Will test more and post updates.

EDIT: Just tested against infested, and it's still ok. It's just grineer/corrupted.

Edited by Elannor
  • Like 4

Status shotguns have been absolutely destroyed. Damage statuses are no longer useful on shotguns. I very much dislike this change, because I used status shotguns. They're now useless.

Gas didn't really deserve the nerf. Magnetic is still useless because health scaling outclasses shield scaling immensely. HUGE viral buff, not sure how I feel. Puncture is alright. 

Glad impact can't ragdoll, I would've never used an ips weapon ever again.

Corrosive change is the big one. I think it helps bring it in line with other statuses, but heat seems like it might just be better. Viral is practically where corrosive used to be, it's so good now.

EDIT: Blast change is nice, ragdolling is terrible for killing things so this is good.

Edited by Drago55577
  • Like 7

I think that weight of physical damage should be 4x still, because if you go for %status you do less damage, nice combo would be viral+slash, BUT you waste status chance because viral has more weight than slash on weapons which is waste (because you can have just 10 stacks) so you wont proc slashes because most of your damage will be viral. It feels like you buffed crit damage because its easy to get 10 viral stacks (because same weight as physical)- you dont need much status chance. Going viral with 100%+ status chance is an waste because it will keep procing status which has max 10 stacks, so you have to go crit anyways. Other (than slash) DoT statuses does very low damage.

Edited by Meistoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meistoo said:

I think that weight of physical damage should be 4x still, because if you go for %status you do less damage, nice combo would be viral+slash, BUT you waste status chance because viral has more weight than slash on weapons which is waste (because you can have just 10 stacks) so you wont proc slashes because most of your damage will be viral. It feels like you buffed crit damage because its easy to get 10 viral stacks (because same weight as physical)- you dont need much status chance. Going viral with 100%+ status chance is an waste because it will keep procing status which has max 10 stacks, so you have to go crit anyways. Other (than slash) DoT statuses does very low damage.

Yeah, that's true. Didn't think about that.

It's probably a good idea to give damage statuses like heat, toxin, slash and gas 4x weighting, while the capped statuses don't. So you're not screwing damage statuses and having wasted status procs because you built viral.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drago55577 said:

Yeah, that's true. Didn't think about that.

It's probably a good idea to give damage statuses like heat, toxin, slash and gas 4x weighting, while the capped statuses don't. So you're not screwing damage statuses and having wasted status procs because you built viral.

Right now you can use rank 1 cold/toxin mods to lower it prio but you also loose status chance...

On 2020-03-02 at 8:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Shotguns as a special case means we have buffed the Status Chance of all Shotguns by x3 or greater.

You missed Redeemer Prime.
Also, did you take into account that Redeemer's Bullet Dance gives a forced Impact proc, which now seems to take all of the 100% status chance given to the weapon, with anything leftover proccing what it should actually proc? At least that's what it feels like right now.
With THIS build (under the riven is a maxed Sacrificial Steel), I get the obvious impact procs, and only some of the time maybe 100-500 damage gas procs. Is this just the new gas working as intended or did you forget a few variables?
Against 165 Corrupted Heavy Gunners as usual.
Before the patch I could at least get 2400 procs as a client, which you should note did only a fraction of the damage it did as a host, which was 9k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 9k and 6k procs from one shot with a COMPLETELY inferior build. Video HERE, bug-thread about the issue HERE.
Could someone shed some light on as to why this is the case? Am I just missing something from the patch notes or is this the pitiable state of the Redeemer Prime even at 102% status modded fully for Gas and even some crit? Please tell me I'm just missing something.
Edit: Confirmed, you can see HERE most of the pellets proccing the obligatory Impact as a main proc instead of a bonus, only sometimes getting Gas procs with the leftover ~2% statuschance, while it should be most Gas, some Blast IN ADDITION to the forced Impact procs.

Edited by Masti6
  • Like 6

At this point I am honestly confused what Shotguns are supposed to do in Warframe. They can't function as Crit weapons due to poor Crit stats and weak Crit mods, and the majority of them couldn't even be used as status weapons because 35% Status per pellet wasn't reliable enough even ignoring how badly status effects scaled. The Status scaling is a welcome change, OverStatus is great as a conceptual counterpoint to OverCrit, but suddenly Shotguns go from having a few that could hit the magic 100% raw Status chance needed to be a good Status weapon to... none of them hit that anymore unless they are bugged to hell and aren't displaying Status/Pellet, looking at Kuva Kohm as a hilarious standout there.

Anyhow, I was hoping the changes would turn Shotguns into Status monsters, giving them their own little niche to hang out in and be kings of, but somehow almost every Shotgun is now not only worse at applying Status, but fall short in every other way as well making them unenjoyable and basically unusable across the board. Hoping we see some serious buffs to Shotgun Status so they aren't just outclassed in every way anymore.

• Like 5

Sounds Nice but yet again  a blow to slow fire weapons and buff to rapid fire.
These effects vanish before you get them to stack up.

Corrosive being in a very bad state now - It's better to just use rapid fire so you get -80% quickly without it expiring while you reload/charge another shot.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

If knockdown is an issue for people using guns, how about splitting Impact into RangedImpact and MeleeImpact? That way people swinging their mallets can ragdoll losers while people shooting only cause stagger. Win win.

Just swap the effects of blast and impact procs. Blast should stagger and knockdown, impact should reduce enemy accuracy.

• Like 5

Tigris is outstanding after this update, both build on corrosion / blast (better heat + savvy) and radiation / viral are comparable (and perform better than before), the other shotguns on the other hand...no, corrosive + heat + savvy is the way to go.

I tried both boar and strun, they underperform in comparison to their previous iterations (corrosive + heat + savvy). Don't even try radiation / viral on heavy gunners if not tigris.

Trying to weight the IPS stats with mods like sweeping serration is a NO to go now, the base stats are too low in comparison to the elemental stats you get from the elemental mods. I can barely apply 2 slash status with a full condi build.

edit: viral + fire + savvy is good, viral + radiation won't if you hope in the slash procs

Edited by bradbury2k2
  • Like 2

Or we need same mods for physical statuses as for ele ones, since phy weight=ele

With maim (120% more slash damage) i have less slash damage than viral with ~78% tox and 15% cold mods (Same base slash damage as toxin damage)

like 146 slash and 209 viral

Edited by Meistoo
  • Like 1

Here's some things I've noticed that are different from my testing before and after in the Simulacrum, on Corrupted Heavy Gunners level 120:

Phantasma is nerfed. UI doesn't indicate anything has changed except for the fact status adds up to 110% status now, but I've done a lot of testing for my build before the new Mainline update and after. Before the new build it used to melt enemies at 100% status, but with the new build it takes a long time to get the ball rolling on a target. I don't know what changed.

Phage seems to have gotten a buff. Also extensively tested this build for it, my build adds up to 60% status chance before, and after this update it adds up to 140% or so. This resulted in a good buff. 

Both of these are technically shotguns but are beam weapons. Phantasma didn't get this status change. Phage did. Please consider looking into Phantasma.VI1RdcN.jpg

T7AE22x.jpg

Edited by Wolfram
Added image of Phage build for testing's sake

12 minutes ago, Masti6 said:

You missed Redeemer Prime.
Also, did you take into account that Redeemer's Bullet Dance gives a forced Impact proc, which now seems to take all of the 100% status chance given to the weapon, with anything leftover proccing what it should actually proc? At least that's what it feels like right now.
With THIS build (under the riven is a maxed Sacrificial Steel), I get the obvious impact procs, and only some of the time maybe 100-500 damage gas procs. Is this just the new gas working as intended or did you forget a few variables?
Against 165 Corrupted Heavy Gunners as usual.
Before the patch I could at least get 2400 procs as a client, which you should note did only a fraction of the damage it did as a host, which was 9k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 9k and 6k procs from one shot with a COMPLETELY inferior build. Video HERE, bug-thread about the issue HERE.
Could someone shed some light on as to why this is the case? Am I just missing something from the patch notes or is this the pitiable state of the Redeemer Prime even at 102% status modded fully for Gas and even some crit? Please tell me I'm just missing something.

How's status working on the Redeemer at 100%? Was an exception made because it's melee? Does it have separate status chance when hitting with the blade vs when shooting? How does it work?

I'm not home yet so I can't test it.