Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: >100% Status Chance / Shotgun Megathread

SilverBones

Numerous Pellet-type weapons are showing a wrong status chance value. Instead of Status Chance Per Pellet, they are displaying some 'per-pellet x pellet' count value. Those weapons include:

• Twin Kohmak (69%)
  • Kohm (75%)
  • Kuva Kohm (90%)

Users have suggested this may be due to their spool-up nature starting with 1 pellet, but even then, that single pellet could still reflect the per-pellet chance.

Other weapons are displaying incorrect values, at first I was giddy, but then reality struck. Beam Shotguns:

• Phage (90% SC per pellet)
  • Convectrix (90% SC per pellet)
  • Phantasma (37% SC per pellet)
  • Quanta (16% SC per pellet)
  • Quanta Vandal (30% SC per pellet)

The beam shotguns also show a scaling multishot value when modded, when their pellet count is actually fixed and only damage scales.

I also have one suggestion: Currently any non-shotgun weapons only display SC as "Status Chance" instead of per-pellet, but actually they are now correctly displaying per-pellet status chance even after multishot is added. I propose letting the status chance value change to "x% Status / Projectile" when modded for multishot for all non-beam weapons.

That's all I have to report for now!

Edited by VhwatGoes
updated values
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Masti6 said:

You missed Redeemer Prime.
Also, did you take into account that Redeemer's Bullet Dance gives a forced Impact proc, which now seems to take all of the 100% status chance given to the weapon, with anything leftover proccing what it should actually proc? At least that's what it feels like right now.
With THIS build (under the riven is a maxed Sacrificial Steel), I get the obvious impact procs, and only some of the time maybe 100-500 damage gas procs. Is this just the new gas working as intended or did you forget a few variables?
Against 165 Corrupted Heavy Gunners as usual.
Before the patch I could at least get 2400 procs as a client, which you should note did only a fraction of the damage it did as a host, which was 9k, 5k, 5k, 5k, 9k and 6k procs from one shot with a COMPLETELY inferior build. Video HERE, bug-thread about the issue HERE.
Could someone shed some light on as to why this is the case? Am I just missing something from the patch notes or is this the pitiable state of the Redeemer Prime even at 102% status modded fully for Gas and even some crit? Please tell me I'm just missing something.

Gas is just doing bad damage to grineer now, especially the heavy units.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

How's status working on the Redeemer at 100%? Was an exception made because it's melee? Does it have separate status chance when hitting with the blade vs when shooting? How does it work?

I'm not home yet so I can't test it.

I edited the original post, but right now because they probably overlooked Bullet Dance's forced Impact procs, even at 100%+ status, it procs Impact with that first 100, then whatever you modded for (in this case, Gas) with the rest 2% now and then. It's obviously an oversight but to answer your question, no, it does not work, like at all. Probably an exception to the shotgun rule because it's melee. Testing the blade later on but seriously, who gives a flying Hek about the blade part of the thing.

2 minutes ago, Hitical-Crit said:

Gas is just doing bad damage to grineer now, especially the heavy units.

Okay, that's fair, but I wish I could apply Gas worth of the 100% status I have on the weapon in the first place, instead of with the leftover 2% I have after the first 100, since most pellets procs ONLY Impact forced from the Bullet Dance stance.

2 minutes ago, VhwatGoes said:

Users have suggested this may be due to their spool-up nature starting with 1 pellet, but even then, that single pellet could still reflect the per-pellet chance.

They're the same. The single-pellet chance of a single-pellet shot. When you spin up to two and three and four and so on, each still has the same status chance that the first had. It's single pellet statuses al the way down.

Why not just make blast procs do radial damage and magnetic have the void damage proc and then give void damage a more meaningful proc?

And whatever happened to lifted status? That could use more tuning, especially targets that fly away instead of being suspended in place.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

8 minutes ago, Masti6 said:

to answer your question, no, it does not work, like at all. Probably an exception to the shotgun rule because it's melee. Testing the blade later on but seriously, who gives a flying Hek about the blade part of the thing.

You misunderstand me. I meant if the Redeemer Prime is using per pellet status chance and affecting all weapon hits. I use full combos with High Noon and Weeping Wounds, so before I even shoot there's a slash/puncture/heat/whatever proc in there, before the actual shot. If 100% status does not mean 1 status on each hit, that's a problem for me. Ergo, why I'd like to know how status is being calculated (Separate values on pellet vs. blade hit, or global value in all hits).

Edited by Jarriaga

Hey uh, Gas no longer bypasses shields. Even though honestly, it should be the only proc that does so.
Toxin bypassing shields makes much less sense in comparison, but Toxin would require a buff if this were removed.
Beyond that, the new Gas proc seems heavily undertuned. Probably due to overcompensation on yours guys' part just because it's an AoE damage DoT proc.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

You misunderstand me. I meant if the Redeemer Prime is using per pellet status chance and affecting all weapon hits. I use full combos with High Noon and Weeping Wounds, so before I even shoot there's a slash proc in there, before the actual shot. If 100% status does not mean 1 status on each hit, that's a problem for me. Ergo, why I'd like to know how status is being calculated (Separate values on pellet vs. blade hit, or global value in all hits).

Status for melee has always been per hit. It's not affected here. Only shotguns had a special status calculation. So if the Redeemer Prime has a lower status chance that doesn't allow it to reach 100% anymore, then that affects melee strikes, too. (But Weeping Wounds is also a thing.)

Edited by CopperBezel

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

You misunderstand me. I meant if the Redeemer Prime is using per pellet status chance and affecting all weapon hits. I use full combos with High Noon and Weeping Wounds, so before I even shoot there's a slash proc in there, before the actual shot. If 100% status does not mean 1 status on each hit, that's a problem for me. Ergo, why I'd like to know how status is being calculated (Separate values on pellet vs. blade hit, or global value in all hits).

In that case, each pellet does indeed seem to proc status on Redeemer's shots right now with 100%+ statuschance, albeit most of them on me being those forced Impact procs.
Will test without any mods to see if the impact procs are even there without the status, please hold.

The way shotguns had their status changed makes no sense. Why take their pellet count into account when adjusting their status chance at all? The fact that these were given a flat 3x increase is honestly just lazy. These should have been adjusted individually if it was going to be done at all. Before, the shotguns that were able to hit 100% status felt unique. Now weapons like Strun Wraith, Kuva Drakgoon, Tigris Prime, etc. have all essentially lost their defining feature (and in some cases only redeeming feature). The jump up to 100% status was powerful, and part of how a shotgun was balanced before being put into the game. While I think it's a good idea to make the status for shotguns linear and not a weird exponential graph, I do think the weapons that could hit 100% before should still be able to. How can the point of this update be creating a competitor for crit, when you're at the same time nerfing crit's only competition? During the dev stream, there was a lot of talk around hitting over 100% status and double procing. Wow! but what guns are honestly capable of doing that? you pre-nerfed the main option, and did so because "the way stacking statuses would work would be extremely powerful". But magnetic and corrosive were nerfed, viral was reworked, and the other new effects don't matter because the things we shoot die. Enemies don't linger around when we shoot them DE. How shotguns were handled is the worst part of one of the best updates we've ever received. Unfortunate.

Edited by Metal_Fabio
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Masti6 said:

In that case, each pellet does indeed seem to proc status on Redeemer's shots right now with 100%+ statuschance, albeit most of them on me being those forced Impact procs.
Will test without any mods to see if the impact procs are even there without the status, please hold.

The 10 Impact procs from the 10 pellets are still there even with only Bullet Dance equipped, so something's scuffed here.
Either the impacts eat into the 100% status chance anyway despite proccing anyway, or the 102% status chance displayed on the weapon is now actually, well, whatever, since melee weapons probably wouldn't reflect the new shotgun statuschance x pellet view.
EDIT: In any case, something is missing or wrong here, either the way the status works, or the way the stance works with the new status chance, and/or the display of the status on the mod screen not reflecting the shots whatsoever and the chance per pellet with 102% statuschance is how a new <unknown> value near the apparent <5%.

Edited by Masti6

Fusilai's alt-fire has not seen a 3x status chance boost that other shotguns have received despite previously benefiting from the busted 100% status chance scaling. Since the edge of using the alt-fire is that is has increased status chance while trading off critical chance, I would bring up the Status / Projectile up to at least the standard projectile amount of 29% seen on the primary fire. 

• Currently 12.3% Status / Projectile (the old 37% divided by 3)
  • Previously ~14.27% Status / Projectile

I find it a bit silly that some status shotguns went from procing on all pellets, to procing on less than half of the pellets.

I wasn't expecting to keep my super status chance, but given that Akbronco was a purely status shotgun with no crit stats, and I have a status riven on it, I thought I'd reach at least above 50%.

11 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

You misunderstand me. I meant if the Redeemer Prime is using per pellet status chance and affecting all weapon hits. I use full combos with High Noon and Weeping Wounds, so before I even shoot there's a slash/puncture/heat/whatever proc in there, before the actual shot. If 100% status does not mean 1 status on each hit, that's a problem for me. Ergo, why I'd like to know how status is being calculated (Separate values on pellet vs. blade hit, or global value in all hits).

Ok so, with 102% status chance, each blade hit applies a status, but even when Gas procs, it does about 87 damage per tick comapred to the 4k slash ticks. I get it, armor, but compared to how it did 39k per tick with one shot before this, I'm still betting on something being wrong with how the new Gas works as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Masti6 said:

Ok so, with 102% status chance, each blade hit applies a status, but even when Gas procs, it does about 87 damage per tick comapred to the 4k slash ticks. I get it, armor, but compared to how it did 39k per tick with one shot before this, I'm still betting on something being wrong with how the new Gas works as well.

Thank you very much for testing.

• Like 1

Most players want to maximize dps.

That's why Slash, viral, corrosive were mostly preferred and critical has long been king.

So most of these changes are the opposite of what most players expected.

I feel like devs are so stubborn and don't listen to most players who truly enjoy the game.

Like they got so many criticism when they first introduced new status effects from devstream101 and mostly same things came out after 2 years?

I hope devs seriously listen to players and review whole current status effects.

Cool changes. Any reason Void was left out?

Secondarily, you said you want to make Status more viable compared to Crit, which is great. However, Sentients are becoming a bigger and bigger deal, and they are all completely Status-immune. These seem to be at odds.

• Like 1

Before the update my Kuva Drakgoon had a higher status chance than crit based shotguns like my Vaykor Hek (for example) and was able to reach 100% status chance.  Now however its MUCH lower than it used to be.  If the status of all shotguns have been tripled as intended shouldn't it have a much higher status chance than before?

Also, Gas is the most useless status in the world now.  Went from being able to pseudo 1 hit KO lvl 120 bombards and heavy gunners with my gas modded Kripath to it doing literally no damage whatsoever.

Gas damage scaling has been completely gutted

The previous Toxin Mod multiplier no longer applies, and modding for addition toxin only serves to boost the bias chance to proc.

As a result, faction damage mods only apply once twice instead of previously three times.

Gas damage now deals a standard 25%(See edit 1) damage per tick, and doesn't even pierce shields. This seems to be as a result of gas now dealing proper gas damage over time ticks, instead of toxin as it did previously, but also that elemental mod multipliers not working with any elemental DoTs. Heat, Toxin, Electric, and Gas all currently suffer.(See edit 1)

I pray this is not intended, and would urge that the scaling be restored, or even reversing the entire status changes if this is the price. The mod multiplier scaling and the special circumstances that allowed faction damage to greatly benefit DoTs was previously the one edge that status as a whole had over critical-based weapons. After this change, even over 100% status chances, status Dots will never remotely do the same level of damage again.

Edit to clarify for readers (Now with actual values😞

All status damage has been somewhat standardized. They scale with multishot, damage, critical and faction bonuses as they previously did. From my testing:

• Heat deals 50% damage of base, multiplied by added Heat. (unchanged)
  • Toxin deals 50% damage of base, multiplied by added Toxin. (unchanged)
  • Electric deals 50% damage of base, multiplied by added Electric. (unchanged)
  • Slash deals ~35% damage of base, not multiplied by added slash. (unchanged)
  • Gas deals 50% damage of base, not multiplied by any added elements.

Electric has also seen an upside of actual damage over time (6 seconds) which is also as AoE like gas, and scales. Save yourselves the mod slots and just mod electric instead for now.

Edit 3: 

Apologies earlier for the incorrect values. After testing, the numbers seem consistent. I just needed to learn how to do math.

Final Edit:

My initial reaction was knee-jerk. After testing all the elements, and cross-checking with the wiki's values, they are all relatively unchanged. The only change to gas is that it's DoT is now truely gas instead of toxin. This means it no longer pierces shields, but it's scaling has also been mixed up. As an element that is the sum of two stronger Dots, and currently is inferior to electric due to not scaling and lack of crowd control, let it's toxin mod multiplier be exponential as it previously was.

Edited by VhwatGoes
Edit 1, removed edit 2, Edit 3. Final edit.
  • Like 3

Slash should penetrate shields, but be affected by armor. The effect is a BLEED. Tell me how shields bleed? But if you have thick armor the "cut" won't be as bad.

Similarly, toxin should absolutely ignore armor, as it would be doing damage by contact/inhalation, but it should be stopped by shields.

This swap lets corrosive stack well with slash, and magnetic stack well with toxin.

• Like 1