Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Grenade Marker Megathread

SilverBones

Grenade Markers
Sometimes the devious enemies of Warframe decide they’d rather stay safely behind cover and throw explosive surprises at the Tenno instead of rushing in. They do this when you are stationary for long periods of time. Some time ago we added an audio warning so that thrown grenades would chirp or tick, but experience has shown that they are still easy to miss during the chaos of fighting. A visible HUD marker and a warning glow have been added to grenades that are thrown at you to give you a better chance to react. PLUS, you can now shoot the grenade before it explodes, allowing for increased tactical revenge!

Why:
More awareness on where Grenades are has been a longstanding community request to help the flow of battle. We are adding it to allow for more player tactical choice.

Please remember to leave your feedback in a constructive and civil manner! Remember, this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY. If you have a bug, please make sure you submit your bug on this thread and follow the new guidelines!

• Like 4

Please let me change the color of the marker, red is the worst color for most colorblind people. Still, thanks for adding the marker.

PS. I would love to be able to change the color for any type of indicator of damage or thing you want to warn the player about that's red, I'm sure there are more of them. Here is a great tip for testing colors in any design thing really.

• Like 1

I love this change. Being able to more easily identify and now shoot enemy grenades is a very nice change and a cool bit of extra player agency.

The visuals are a bit stiff, though. The grenade indicator on the minimap is far too large for what it actually is and could stand to be scaled down, but there and only there.

Also, having some kind of distance indicator on the icon itself might be nice. Range in numbers would be the obvious one, but not necessarily the best. Scaling the icon's size or transparency with distance might also be a good idea. The farther away I am from a grenade, the smaller and less opaque the icon. Frankly, I'd like that for a number of icons, as well 🙂

AMAZING CHANGES! Now, when do we tenno get a grenade slot? When do these grenades become something fun and useful like the ones from destiny? like you should have a general grenade that does some dmg and goes on every warframe and a warframe grenade that is specific to each warframe. Grenades should also just be on a cooldown. Maybe have ammo maximiums on them as well. In my mind i visualize another line item like the parazon that is in the arsenal screen. 

It would be another stellar change. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like this addition. It's been really helpful.

However, sometimes I miss the indicator anyway because it's on the edge of my screen.

It would be much more helpful if the indicator was radially centred closer to my reticle like other modern shooters do.

This way, I don't miss it or have a hard time scanning my screen for it along the edges of my monitor.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan

• 3 weeks later...