Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Deferred Rendering Megathread

SilverBones

17 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

You have to select the option in the launcher, before opening the game. Click the gear icon and look for it there.

why isn't this communicated properly by DE?

Edited by supernils
  • Like 1

Spoiler

sKWuRR4.jpg

Warframes lighting is kinda janky atm. Here a captura to show it in extreme form.
Also I think it would be nice if the new shiny floor has some walking patterns or something. I don't think the grineer polish their floor everyday.

• Like 2

Some Bugs

Fog Effect ( i assume ) not rendering properly when looking at windows ( camera portals )

ZuXpfrB.jpg

Reflections ignoring 2D transparent meshes, require 3D mesh behind to show

MlKgXwu.jpg

Cubemaps still inaccurate

U39bUQa.jpg

Different Materials seemingly reflect  with different angles

GdjYloo.jpg

Reflections create Lines ( repeating pixels ) when ( i assume ) reflection is missing end surface/infinite point

dYh4QEo.jpg

Water looks gorgeous when reflecting, but not if viewed from above, might need a cubemap like all other less-important surfaces

good

S2EF8Cb.jpg

bad

C0ByTdJ.jpg

Character being affected by volumetric fog MORE than camera, might be because of fog calculated from near drawing distance instead of camera position ( but that way fog risks never reaching zero ... u do the magic DE i don't know xD )

DSnWVVT.jpg

• Like 6

Not sure if this is a bug per se, but it definitely happens with the deferred rendering enabled.
When the deferred rendering is enabled, any surface that has any slight sheen to it in the standard renderer has that sheen ramped up to 11 in the new renderer.

For example, the operator's umbra hood has a somewhat understated highlight in the old renderer. But in the new renderer it looks positively wet.

d1atPIF.jpg

This seems to have affected many surfaces all throughout the game and in some cases has undone some of the recent and wonderful work on making metallic surfaces look more diffuse (is that the word?)

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I was about to say, it kind of reminds me of old Warframe where everything is a little too shiny and wet-looking. Metallics look great with this setting on, but everything that's supposed to be matte or rough material just reflects way too much light to look right.

DR on:
unknown.png

DR off:
unknown.png

Edit: This may be kind of a bad example because the "slimy, wet" appearance fits this operator suit well. But it demonstrates well how a previously rough, dry, porous surface now looks like its the body of a slug.

It actually does make some organic textures look better as well as some metallic surfaces.

The pipes around the big lake behind fortuna entrace in vallis look much more photorealistic now. I've also noticed some metal highlights in old tilesets as well. 

If You go out on the PoE, to the left there is some wet big wood laying around a waterplace.It really looks like it has some kind of clear paint on it like a plastic coating or something. I will try to make a shot while playing around with My Nvdia System Settings...

Hats up anyways for the great Changes DE! Tons of respect for keeping evolving! Would love to see DX12 and Multi-GPU Support in the Future!

Edited by Miustone

Always loved graphical improvements that you've put into the game and this is no exception. But as often things are, it also needs some work. The glossiness of metal surfaces looks great, especially on corpus tilesets (that jovian concord <3), but seems a little out of place in grinner tilesets - looks a little bit too clean and shiny. But in both of those it also kina looks like the surfaces are wet. And that performance drop is pretty massive, basicly got my fps cut in half. Looking forwad to it being more optimised

dynamic lighting only working in fortune and the plains, and shadows are not working properly in the orbiter, and the rest of the game just doesn't have shows or dynamic lighting, also the sun and other light sources seem really weak in railjack missions 

but the new texture rendering looks really good everything seems for real things pop out more, but yeah the son in rail jack is really weak its hard to even see that there is sunlight shining in to the railjack, how it looked in the tenno can demo was much better

From what i've seen, no one mentioned this yet:

The shadow progression in PoE is too sharp. The shadows don't move as the day (or night) passes, they just teleport a few seconds in time to the next place they should be. It honestly looks really weird.

From patchnotes:

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed the Operator Umbra Hood appearing overly shiny with Deferred Rendering enabled.

So im going to assume that this is not just an overall rendering issue, and more something that has to be fixed on a case-by-case basis?
In that case, here is a list of things that are also affected:

• Varida Suit
  • Zariman Suit
  • Manduka Leggings
  • Ceno Greaves
  •  

Actually it seems that almost all operator cosmetics are affected.

Otherwise, there are a bunch of other cosmetics that are affected to varying degrees, here are the ones that i can find right now:

• Atlas normal skin
  • Atlas graxx skin
  • Atlas monolith
  • Atlas karst (mainly on the white rock sections, but is no-where near as noticable as other skins)
  • Atlas prime
  • Banshee normal skin
  • Banshee blade of the lotus skin (im not sure if this is actually supposed to be shiny)
  • Banshee prime skin
  •  

This actually does seem to be a renderer-wide issue, i dont really know alot about this stuff but my guess would be that the deferred renderer is "misinterpreting" the shader that normally gives objects more of a matte sheen, and is instead applying a high gloss to it.

Not sure if programmed intentionally, but it seems kinda weird that reflections dissapear when you try to look at them, making a surface look like it goes from glossy to matte. As a result you can't really observe your own reflection either, and instead you just see a point light floating in the floor if you have something like an ephemera on. Would prefer it if we could observe reflections at all angles and at close distance. Looks too weird at the moment

Examples: 

Dissapearing reflections: https://gfycat.com/creativeperfumedfeline

Own reflection: https://gfycat.com/samewaterygreendarnerdragonfly

• Like 1

First of all, it looks phenomenal, but i did notice a few things to be ironed out

- Worst of all, in motion everything looks "less refined", somehow less smooth. i couldnt capture this well enough, but pay attention to scratch and grunge as well as other details on the floor and walls. it was quite easy to see on the floor in the railjack room(dojo)

- there seems to be a radius around my character that doesnt have any reflections depending on the angle that i look at the floor at. 

- i noticed a heavy frame dip (120 capped down to around 70) when i did a ground slam using twin basolk into a group of enemies affected by molecular prime(nova's 4). lots of particles involved, max particle settings, including ludicrous particles.

7 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

This actually does seem to be a renderer-wide issue, i dont really know alot about this stuff but my guess would be that the deferred renderer is "misinterpreting" the shader that normally gives objects more of a matte sheen, and is instead applying a high gloss to it.

I literally put it a page ago: Anything released after the Jovian Concord (Wukong Prime onwards) will be fine because it was already designed for it, anything released BEFORE the Jovian Concord will be affected because they need to adapt the material values.

Which is literally the very same thing that happened after Saint of Altra.

I would like to bring attention to this comment. It involves a bug with reflections that is present in both vanilla and deffered rendering. It has been present since 2017 and it would be nice to see it fixed for good with the new rendering and all.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171888-warframe-revised-bug-report-megathread-read-the-first-post/?do=findComment&comment=11414507

I think the performance needs to be looked at. I know is not meant for potatoes, but 30fps in orbiter sheesh!.

Hydron (sedna) has an issue where the small tunnel facing the cryopod is completely black(enemies are not rendered but still shoot you), instead of walls. If I jump out, the wall reappears.

@[DE]Jeremy

I saw a fellow player posting screenshots of Cetus' ropes. The graphical behavior presented on those screenshots also happen on Condroc feathers and orbs (both health and energy orbs). I don't know if they are related, but it seems to be the same behavior... They also seem to be amplifying what's rendered on the other side, as if I'm zooming through a scope.

Lighting of other stuff, like the Grineer, may need to be checked as well, since they appear really dark... during daytime, on PoE.

You guys might also consider refining the update rate of those dynamic shadows, that horrible twitching every few seconds sticks out like a sore thumb.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Uhkretor

The water shader  used in Orokin Derelict is kinda messed up.

unknown.png

And in this room where you have 2 waterfall around to a mini bridge (a sewer-like room), it's even more visible.

unknown.png

EDIT: I didn't notice first, but it becomes even more crazier with some distance

unknown.png

Edited by Raitoning
Adding another screenshot