Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Deferred Rendering Megathread

SilverBones

Just now, kapn655321 said:

I would hope so.. my GPU refuses to take the newest nvidia update, and it'd been about 4 months since I dusted it out, so I figured it was possible. No overclocking, but couldn't rule out the possibility of the drivers.

I have that issue on my Radeon HD 7950 with any AMD drivers, and on my laptop on both Intel iGPU (HD 4000) and nVidia dGPU (GeForce 720M) with any driver. That's a game issue. Otherwise, any game would be artifacted exactly like that.

• Like 2

On 2020-04-02 at 5:31 PM, kapn655321 said:

qcurSf5.gif

Noticed something odd when I had the, "sun," to my back in on Orb Vallis.. Might just be a particular time of, "day," when it happens. I'll post more about this if I learn more.

Noticed this issue too basically everytime I go in the Vallis. Moving camera through a certain angle makes the lighting disappear like that. Seems to happen more often when you're close to or on the ground.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-03 at 1:31 AM, kapn655321 said:

qcurSf5.gif

Noticed something odd when I had the, "sun," to my back in on Orb Vallis.. Might just be a particular time of, "day," when it happens. I'll post more about this if I learn more.

Also getting this quite frequently. happens on PoE too. 

https://youtu.be/BcP47_nd6JA

Edited by temz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The things that have been most obvious to me still are:

• Color representation inconsistencies: Echoed throughout the thread, but I'm experiencing it as well.
  • Noise/temporal artifacts (very difficult to capture): These seem most prevalent near edges or areas of higher contrast. Mitigated by TAA, but definitely not eliminated. TAA + downsampling makes them not noticeable, but that has some other negative impacts mentioned below.

Humble requests:

• Exposure/Tonemapping Improvements: it's is very slightly better after the update where Steve discussed clamping highlights, but it's still overly aggressive in terms of contrast in a lot of places and instead of impacting the tonemapping curve it seems brightness/contrast are just post effects so you can't compensate for that loss of detail (crushed highlights/shadows) in settings.
  • More flexibility in rendering resolution: Would love to be able to run at 4k downsampled to 1440P without the knock on effects that using custom resolutions w/ nVidia causes (bad mouse input, requiring using fullscreen instead of borderless making alt tab painful, UI being impacted as well).
  • Allow camera distance and FOV to be independently modified. This could be difficult to communicate, but would have huge benfits to players. Most people want their character taking up less of the screen during action, so they crank the FOV; this leads to heavy distortion on the sides of the screen and sometimes more serious effects (i.e., motion sickness). This way, people could move the camera to the desired distance, then modify the FOV to increase horizontal visibility until the distortions cause issues.

Overall, very happy with the new rendering techniques! 😃

While this method does for sure make the game overall far more pretty to look at, which I place great importance on as an avid graphics wh*re. It leads to a series of crashes in a wide variety of situations and therefore is unplayable, at least for me. 

Edited by Kamachi

It really needs to be optimized. I get like 60% less fps than I did before enabling the option. Other than that I can't complain about any bugs, it just needs optimization because the way it is right now is unplayable

Ambient Occlusion really needs some optimizations for the Plains and the Orb or just an option outright to disable it only for open world levels. For me it causes some serious frame drops in them where-as everywhere else it doesn't impact my performance at all, which is a damn shame cause it makes everything look so much better. So I have to disable it if I plan on doing anything in the plains or the orb. Then I re-enable it when I'm done.