Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Rework Idea

(XBOX)RandTerm

Before I get started on this post, I want to say 2 things. This is all opinionated, and 2 I play Nyx alot more than I would like to admit and lately she has gone up in usage passing half my frames. 

Nyx is a frame alot of people and myself consider underpowered and basically a one ability frame that does not synergize her abilities. Her 3rd ability most consider to be her best ability, and I personally consider to be her best especially with her augment. She has 3 other abilities that don't do much without taking away from her best build.

Rework idea 

Passive:   Nyx deals 25% Extra damage to enemies affected by her abilities.

First ability: Psychotic Blast
Cast a massive blast of psychic energy causing enemies in an area to take a low amount of bleed (slash) damage going through armor, and cause them to be stunned for 12  seconds. Use this during Chaos to triple the damage and increase the duration based in the enemies affected by chaos.
Ability cost: 25 energy

2nd ability: Bullet Control
Cast A Psychic Shield around you and one ally that then transfers to the your other two allies one by one after a duration. This ability catches enemy bullets and puts them into you and your allies guns. This ability creates a bottomless clip affect for a 20 second duration per ally and and a 45 second duration on Nyx. This ability's duration is increased by duration alone, and I doubled if Used while in chaos, and the bullets in your magazine double when shot. This ability cannot be cast till all players have had their buff removed.
Ability cost: 50 energy

3rd ability: Micro absorb
This ability is now a brief duration ability that catches incoming bullets over a small area(, kinda like a non-spamable reverse mag bubble) It is cast on defense objectives, the bullets are sent back to the enemy who fired them, enemies that get to close are sent flying to the nearest enemy firing a gun or in a random direction, after they get up the next attack they do will deal damage directly to them. Players who stand in the way of bullets flying back at enemies are given bullets into their reserves. 
Augment: The bullets are now sent directly to players within 15 meters or are held in the enemies guns jamming them for a 5 seconds. The main ability's duration is 25 seconds minorly increased to a max of 40 seconds. Ability Cost 60 energy

4th ability: Chaos
(A buffed up chaos) Same as regular chaos, enemies affected by chaos deal 1.75x damage to each other not increased by strength. If bullet control is up enemies will target teammates with bullet control more than enemies. Chaos's duration is decreased slightly, and range slightly.
Augment: Same as regular Chaos
Ability cost: 100 energy.

Let me know your ideas below feel free to say what you think is to much to little this is just an idea, an Idea personally I would love in game, but yea enjoy let me know you opinions

Edited by (XB1)RandTerm

1 hour ago, (XB1)RandTerm said:

2nd ability: Bullet Control
Cast A Psychic Shield around you and one ally that then transfers to the your other two allies one by one after a duration. This ability catches enemy bullets and puts them into you and your allies guns. This ability creates a bottomless clip affect for a 20 second duration per ally and and a 45 second duration on Nyx. This ability's duration is increased by duration alone, and I doubled if Used while in chaos, and the bullets in your magazine double when shot. This ability cannot be cast till all players have had their buff removed.
Ability cost: 50 energy

You know this actually makes no sense? Bullets are composed of 4 parts, Tip, Powder, Shell and Primer, when fired both the Primer and Powder are expended, the shell is then ejected and what hits the target is just the tip and there is no way of firing again without the other 3 parts.

Also, from what i can understand you want the skill to grant MultiShot?

Nyx did get a rework some time ago, i can't really tell when exactly. Even before said rework i loved her abilities instantly when I played her for the first time.

I wasn't even aware of changes that would come for Nyx ,but the changes came anyway, if I wanted them or knew they would come or not. 

And she even got really nice changes and or buffs. i don't want to complain ...i.e her controled target can be shot at to increase the damage this target will deal.

Before said rework, as i mentioned, I kind of decided, that I will main her. I probably instantly found her abilities to be VERY useful in almost every situation.

(Probably that's exactly what you  (@RandTerm) found out recently-> that there are in fact lots of upsides about this frame. or how would you yourself explain, that you find yourself playing her more and more all of a sudden?

Spoiler

I want to add: As you said, she is at best with her augment... I beg Your Pardon..i think you meant augmentS. 

-> With one augment her contolled target becomes even more powerful and does 300% more damage...in combination with "shooting at target the very first moment"..you can turn a MVP-Enemy into an Elite-Soldier fighting at your side for almost the duration of an entire mission... all you have to do is put in some or all duration mods with said augment..

-> Another augment for her 3rd to be almost perpetual cc

-> Another augment to make her tankier than most other tanks

Now i want to get to my point: So you and a lot of other players consider her underpowered?

My assumption is: A lot of other players don't consider her underpowered, a lot of other players DO regard her as powerful, some players might and I myself even do consider her to be VERY powerful*

Please keep in mind, that she is not designed to be the damage dealing kind of frame, PLUS *being powerful doesn't necessarily demand to being able to deal lots of damage.

I must be honest: I would not want her abilities to be changed at all, especially NOT her 2nd. I love the "seekingnexteenmy-bolts+weakenthemformyattack" ability ...

I don't want to lose her 4th: saving me from falling, resetting my ability to jump midair, open crates in radius, knocking enemies off their feet downing them and open them for groundfinishers...

Sorry: Why would one want to have this changed? I really don't get it! Really: i am  sorry for being kind of a change-opponent here, because most changes I admit are good changes.

BUT. Her Chaos already kind of redirects enemy projectiles to onanother! Frost is the bubble-creator, don't make his stationary bubble obsolete xD! She already can absorb incoming damage in a great way... hm, i am really sorry that I can't value  the chnages as you want them and describe them.

Maybe I don't get how changes to Nyx' abilities seem to be important or overdue... It seems more and more players would like to see changes to her abilities 😕

But maybe,  just maybe, all the players who want changes, just don't get how Nyx is so very fine just as she already is.

I kind of wonder: How big is the bunch of players who want her to get the next major change, whilest how many would not want Nyx abilities to be changed at all? 

That would be an interesting poll...