Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to code volt's speed to allow him to run on water?

So you all know volt is a lot faster than gauss, 

Tbh he can be faster the zephyr if uses archwing to boost his speed further, and probably titania too

So he's more supersonic than the supersonic warframe 

It only makes sense to make him run on water 

But how can it be done though 

Mach rush is a looped scripted ability...it's almost like a custom k-drive...

Speed is just a buff 

Can we make warframes able to run on water when they exceed a certain speed? Or is it impossible to be done?

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Can it be done? Yes.

Will it be done? No.

Why? Because DE.

Also, you can buff Gauss to go so fast that your camera literally turns upside down. You can't do that with volt.

They patched out the camera flip by limiting the maximum FOV to prevent that happening 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

He's still faster than a gauss without buff

Without buffing Gauss is faster. Speed is a buff. Gauss has a higher base sprint speed than volt. It's rather interesting the only reason that mach rush doesn't grant you a higher speed than volt's speed when modded is that no mods actually effect the distance traveled while it's being cast. The dash distance at rank 30 is 12 meters and you can't increase that distance at all. Where as the size of the boost for Volt's speed is based on the ability power. I'm fairly certain I read somewhere when gauss first came out that someone had done the math on some of the feats he was supposedly able to do according to leverian and his max speed came out around mach 23 where as when volts top speed from the cinematic was calculated it was around mach 3. All that aside volt is practically faster than Gauss due to speed being modifiable but mach rush's speed not being modifiable. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Tbh he can be faster the zephyr

Zephyr if built for Power Strength can go just as fast as Volt with his Speed by using her Turbulence's Augment mod. Also, Volt's Speed and Zephyr's Turbulence buffs stack to the point they both can run making that sound that plays when you fall from a very high place at high speed.

57 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Without buffing Gauss is faster. Speed is a buff. Gauss has a higher base sprint speed than volt. It's rather interesting the only reason that mach rush doesn't grant you a higher speed than volt's speed when modded is that no mods actually effect the distance traveled while it's being cast. The dash distance at rank 30 is 12 meters and you can't increase that distance at all. Where as the size of the boost for Volt's speed is based on the ability power. 

You're mostly correct. But you can increase Mach rush speed through sprint and movement speed mods, only then does Gauss surpass Volt in speed with Buff but sadly to reach those speeds by reaching all the criteria to procc  those mods/arcanes is a hassle and only lasts for about 9 seconds at most. to make it worse those mods aren't limited to Gauss.

Solo (Un-assisted) Max Gauss Speed. \/

Spoiler

Got my fingers crossed for a [Mach Rush] Augment which allows for speeds that scale with either Duration or strength.

Edited by Raqiya

1 hour ago, Troposphere6 said:

Without buffing Gauss is faster. Speed is a buff. Gauss has a higher base sprint speed than volt. It's rather interesting the only reason that mach rush doesn't grant you a higher speed than volt's speed when modded is that no mods actually effect the distance traveled while it's being cast. The dash distance at rank 30 is 12 meters and you can't increase that distance at all. Where as the size of the boost for Volt's speed is based on the ability power. I'm fairly certain I read somewhere when gauss first came out that someone had done the math on some of the feats he was supposedly able to do according to leverian and his max speed came out around mach 23 where as when volts top speed from the cinematic was calculated it was around mach 3. All that aside volt is practically faster than Gauss due to speed being modifiable but mach rush's speed not being modifiable. 

So basically gauss actual ingame speed is just a fake special effect 

26 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

You're mostly correct. But you can increase Mach rush speed through sprint and movement speed mods, only then does Gauss surpass Volt in speed with Buff but sadly to reach those speeds by reaching all the criteria to procc  those mods/arcanes is a hassle and only lasts for about 9 seconds at most. to make it worse those mods aren't limited to Gauss.

Solo (Un-assisted) Max Gauss Speed. \/

Hide contents

Got my fingers crossed for a [Mach Rush] Augment which allows for speeds that scale with either Duration or strength.

Hey you're back!

Maybe they could make it so you can run on water with any frame as long as you're going above certain speed, even if the speed required is too high, maybe some volt with buffs can then achieve it.

4 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Just passing by. Waiting for a good update before I hop back into Warframe.

All i do in warframe is lich, and race volts and gauss

I think i've encountered some of the fastest volts out there...and even my volt can't beat them 

So of course gauss can't 

It saddens me that gauss mach rush is a joke at its job

6 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Problem is Volt is electricity based, and you want him to interact with water. 

If he doesn't fry himself then he could at least turn into a kind of Eel and zap enemies that get into his pool. 

And PoE water is magically electromagnetic, so I don't see the problem. If anything, Volt should run faster on water at night.

Edited by nslay
s/Gauss/Volt/g

7 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

sound that plays when you fall from a very high place at high speed.

That sound just means you're traveling at terminal velocity (the maximum speed an object can fall unassisted). It's not that big of a feat, lots of frames can make that sound. I get it on my mesa prime sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

So basically you're butt hurt that gauss stole volt's thunder so you want to take something from gauss? 

Actually it's the exact opposite 

I'm butt hurt because gauss is no where near as fast as volt 

So might as well give volt the ability to run on water 

Also was wondering if that was possible to code 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Actually it's the exact opposite 

I'm butt hurt because gauss is no where near as fast as volt 

So might as well give volt the ability to run on water 

Also was wondering if that was possible to code 

I fail to see how taking a special feature away from the weaker one and giving to the stronger one makes any sense.