Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity: Blessing Makes Well Of Life Useless

BenRoprim

After playing against Lephantis on my own, I just only realized how much Well of Life is useless >_>

With the energy cost reduction mod, Blessing is so obsurdly spammable that I dont even use anything else almost. Occasionally I'll find myself using Energy vampire to restore my energy, but I will only use it on Blessing, and maybe once or twice on Link.

And after this experiance, something REALLY needs to be done about Well of Life becoming useful again. Cause why would I wanna use Well of Life, when I got Blessing at a cost of 40 energy giving me Health/Shield/Invulnerability?

Even if the admin take out the Invulnerability effect and just leave the full heal effect intacked, it is STILL overpowering as hell with the cost reduction mod.

Anyway, I know a way it can be useful instead of just spamming blessing everywhere. Well of Life should have the same effect that mag has with her shield polorize skill. You should be able to single target an ally and heal them a % of either their's or your max heath. Or a full heal, which ever sounds better. As for the enemies, you can target them and it will steal HP from them in large burst effect similar to Energy Vampire, and will distribute the HP to nearby allies.

This will make Well of Life a damaging skill, and a healing skill like Energy Vampire but with a single burst rather then a multiple overkill.

Anyway, thats my pitch on Well of Life.

Edited by BenRoprim

watch this B4 you judge 

The OP's point still stands. Well of Life wasn't intended to be used that way, as it is a healing power. Blessing is a VASTLY superior healing skill, rendering Well of Life near pointless.

I don't agree that Well of Life needs a change or a buff though, I think that Blessing needs to be nerfed. Personally I think invincibility powers are incredibly cheap and game-breaking, especially ones with infinite range that apply to all teammates.

I don't agree that Well of Life needs a change or a buff though, I think that Blessing needs to be nerfed. Personally I think invincibility powers are incredibly cheap and game-breaking, especially ones with infinite range that apply to all teammates.

As I mentioned, even if Blessing is nerfed and they took out the Invulnerability, it is still a very very spammable op skill. As a healer, she is bound to have some sort of full heal somewhere in her skills as a ult. Even then, its still to spammable even if it will get nerfed.

As for Well of Life, that combo skill is gonna get wiped by the DE some time or another. Its a cheap little trick not really part of her purpose in skills. I seriously hope they get rid of that effect. Until that time, I want the well of life to be a useful heal/dmg skill. Or at least SOMETHING I can use for god sakes. Cause I never use it cause its so pitiful and useless as is, without the use of that rediculous combo >_>

Edited by BenRoprim

I think current Trinity is the best she has ever been.  And the WoL/EV combo is interesting, not cheap.  I wish other Warframes could do combos too.

The OP's point still stands. Well of Life wasn't intended to be used that way, as it is a healing power. Blessing is a VASTLY superior healing skill, rendering Well of Life near pointless.

You have absolutely no clue if that combo was intentional or not.  And, the intention is irrelevant.  A happy accident is a happy accident.  Don't worry, be happy .......

I think current Trinity is the best she has ever been.  And the WoL/EV combo is interesting, not cheap.  I wish other Warframes could do combos too.

You have absolutely no clue if that combo was intentional or not.  And, the intention is irrelevant.  A happy accident is a happy accident.  Don't worry, be happy .......

Weither the combo was intentional or not, its still to powerful. And as all powerful warframe abilities go, they get nerfed in the end. And thats a fact.

My feelings on this topic are hard to explain for me. Despite the changes, Well of Life is still being left out because Blessing is so much better, as it should be, being Trinity's ultimate. The problem in my eyes is that I run with Max Streamline, Flow, and my teammates nearly always have Energy siphon so this results in Blessing being far too easy to spam. When even one of these elements removed, the challenge of keeping Blessing active is quite easily seen to me (Minus the energy siphons). For me to say "Blessing is too easily spammed" when my loadout is designed to retain energy, feels as though I'm complaining my drink is cold because I actively put it in a cooler full of ice. I'm very much reaping the benefits I have sought after. 

As much as I love Trinity and her recent changes, I wouldn't mind Well of Life turning into something you can cast directly on a player to restore health. Retaining long range, and it's hitscan casting, it would be a cheap and spammable way to restore health to a single target. To be honest, the main reason I use Blessing is usually because one person is in trouble so being able to target and hit them with a quick boost of health would be more useful than lifting a target into the air and hope they aren't swarmed by enemies to be able to hit it.

On the subject of the Well of Life + Energy Vampire combo, it feels very cheap to me so I will never use it, but its a very creative use of Trinity's abilities, intentional or not.

Those are my thoughts. I'm out.

That's just your opinion, not a fact, not truth.  I don't share your opinion and I don't find your claims to be convincing.

Are you kidding? The DE have been nerfing skills and balancing the wants and needs of the players suggestions and concerns for a long time. What are you going on about? >_> If your not here to talk about trinity, do kindly leave this post alone.

I think they should throw out well of life, and replace it with a minor instant heal with a minor protection effect attached (call it "Protective Spirit" or similar). At rank 3, about 100 heal and something like 300 absorb for 10 seconds or 35% damage reduction for 10 seconds. This would give Trinity's something to spam other than blessing, saving blessing for when the S#&$ actually hits the fan. Give it very fast activation as well, allowing Trin to use it as a last second move to stop someone from getting downed.

Seen it. Done it. Hope that effect gets fixed and is not possible to do in the future, cause I avoid doing that cheap combo.

I don't see a problem with that combo, really. Not only do you have to time it just right, but it does take a good chunk of energy to do as well. Not to mention, it's single target. Not AOE. Frankly Nova or any other highly powered warframe can do around the same damage, but in a wide area of affect.

It's been stated before Trinity is one of the best frames to use while fighting bosses. That combo only adds more proof to that. It's not OP, not "too powerful", and actually takes thought to do.

Weither the combo was intentional or not, its still to powerful. And as all powerful warframe abilities go, they get nerfed in the end. And thats a fact.

Most abilities that have been nerfed are the ones with invincibility.

Edited by SoulEchelon

trinity atm is the best i ever had liked her mainly cause the energy rod tactic (not the vamp death tactic that mike did) and blessing didnt they nerfed the invulnerability time on it by 2 or 3 sec, shes a healer while yes the ult can be spamy but she a healer just let her do wat she need and keep everyone alive longer then 2 sec from missing a breath of air 

I also think WoL is pretty useless as a skill by itself, but as part of the new WoL/EV damage combo against bosses makes it pretty fun. Regardless of how "OP" it is, it's a creative way of using Trinity's abilities. It repurposes EV so the ability is damage focused instead, which actually makes EV feel more flexible and a varied skill. Personally, I love it when abilities or their combos defy my expectations and go beyond the written description, because it gives the frame more depth in their mechanics.

I definitely still think WoL should be revamped, because it should have some inherent value when cast by itself (and not only made useful in conjugation with another ability), but with the new knowledge of the WoL/EV combo, I can't say I'm too dissatisfied either.

Edit: Definitely more on the boat that WoL should be revamped/scrapped altogether.

Edited by juuu

The WoL/EV combo for dealing huge amounts of damage is perhaps a bit overboard but the real issue there lies less with the ability mechanics and more with most of the bosses just being badly in need of revamping.  In my personal experience, though, I have found that Well of Life, which I didn't use before, is much more useful now simply because it makes it far easier to actually get energy from enemies without careless teammates killing them off first.

Of course, that's all less an indication of things being alright and more an indication of a trend that has arisen: Trinity's first abilities basically exist to fuel Blessing.  This could be good or bad, depending on how it's done.  Right now, I'd say it's bad simply because Well of Life's greatest utility is for helping Energy Vampire work (or annihilate) instead of for actually healing anyone.

This brings us to the real problem with Trinity: Blessing.  It's an invincibility move, which is great for high-level play where damage reduction is largely useless, but at the same time there are very valid arguments against invincibility moves.  It's a bit of an impasse.

I suppose it's too late since the Trinity tweaking thread is locked now, but I would suggest one of two things for Trinity:

-- Make Blessing provide invincibility without healing, and replace Well of Life with an ability that restores everyone's health and shields for a cost of 75 energy.  Does this mean all of Trinity's skills are at least somewhat expensive?  Yeah, it does, but perhaps that's only right.  Cut her max energy a ways and suddenly you may just have to choose between one and the other at any given moment.

--On the other hand, you could add an additional price to Blessing.  Maybe the invincibility only works on allies, or her shields get disabled for a while afterwards, or she gets slowed down to a crawl, or can't use other abilities for a time.  This makes it so that, yes, you get an incredibly powerful invincibility move, but at the same time it can be a gamble to use, or isn't spammable.  It'd make Well of Life a tempting alternative if all you really want to do is top off your team's health, especially if you were to make Well of Life an AoE ability rather than a "shoot the target" kind of deal.

So far I am liking the fact that people do see that Trinity needs a lot of work, probably more then I aticipated then just WoL. With that, Its safe to assume that in the future that she will undergo some sort of completely new revamp system. It seems people are happy and disappointed at the same time with her abilities.

Also I am seeing that some people like the whole WoL/EV combo thing, and I really find that disappointing. But hopefully if they revamp her, then this ordeal with the cheap combo trick will be over. And I will be satisfied with that also.

I rather see WOL and EV retain due to their incredible single target stun lol.

Yes. I love that both of them stuns the targets. Trinity had no CC at all before the DEs worked on her, so I'm totally happy to have these single target stuns. They have kept me alive so many times because of it when I didn't have enough energy for bless (because I don't spam bless because it's boring and I've done it before her rework, now I spam link). If either gets reworked or if WoL gets thrown out w/e I would still like for trinity to have some form of CC..

Now on the issue of WoL/EV combo being "OP" is blown out of proportion IMO. Trinity has always excelled in boss fights because of her healing abilities against long fights of a single target. That combo is something to make her keep that status. But even if it's "fixed" or w/e I think it's awesome to finally use my frames skills to build on each other. I know there's cool combos between two frames (Mag BA + Excal RJ) but none I don't know any frame that have abilities that build on each other, at the moment. EVEN if the DEs decide to work on these two skills again I'd still want to have the synergy that WoL/EV have together because she's a support frame and why can't her abilities support each other also?