Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does petting my Helminth "Mitty" at 100% reset timer?

Klaleara

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi OP, I think I have an answer for you!

From the wiki - "Loyalty decays by 10% on days the player has not logged in." This indicates to me that petting your kubrow doesn't affect the "timer", only logging in/not logging in affects the "timer." Petting your pup merely restores lost loyalty and logging in daily prevents loyalty from degrading naturally. You have to log in to pet them soooooo I guess the answer is yesno!

Edited by (NSW)Quarky

I have no idea if the Helminth has the loyalty gimmick like kubrows or if it's only arbitrarily there and not used at all like cavats

quick way to check: let your helminth die in a mission and if his loyalty has gone down then you have 3 loyalty replenishes per day like kubrows. If it doesn't budge then it's only arbitrarily there and not used at all like cavats.

EDIT: pets 2.0 system is supposed to remove all the stasis and loyalty BS so you can have them die in missions without consequences and just pet them all you want for fun and not to restore some progress bar.

Edited by EDM774

7 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

EDIT: pets 2.0 system is supposed to remove all the stasis and loyalty BS so you can have them die in missions without consequences and just pet them all you want for fun and not to restore some progress bar.

Wow, am I looking forward to that.  But Mitty can't die!  I won't let it happen.

1 hour ago, Klaleara said:

Wow, am I looking forward to that.  But Mitty can't die!  I won't let it happen.

I like people like you; caring for our animal friends. I remember before the last pet revision being terrified to take Vaquaera even to E Prime out of fear if she got hurt and I couldn't reach her, my precious Smeeta would be gone forever so I kept her in Stasis. I make it first priority on waking her to give my Kavat snugs and love - even though you never lose loyalty I just have to pet her. Even moreso if in mission she did something awesome like her taking down Stalker with Venari in a kitty tag attack... can't hug Nari (yet 😋) so Vaquaera got the hugs 😊

Your pet won't die regardless. That has been taken out of the game. I need to test now to see if the infested puppers do or don't lose loyalty like kubrow.

If a regular Kubrow is at 100% loyalty and you pet it, it consumes no "pets" and doesn't have an effect afaik. It's an interesting thought though. 

5 hours ago, Klaleara said:

But Mitty can't die!

At first I was wondering if your fleshy monstrosity named Mitty is just a coincidence, but there's no way in hell this line was accidental 😂

Edited by SortaRandom

8 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

At first I was wondering if your fleshy monstrosity named Mitty is just a coincidence, but there's no way in hell this line was accidental 😂

The first person to notice during the close to 3 years I've had it.

PS.  I don't think anyone actually answered the question, and they mostly mis-understood.  I was just wondering if there is any benefit to petting when they are at 100% loyalty already (Outside of adorable snuggles).  Or if its best to just wait till it is lowered.

Edited by Klaleara

7 hours ago, Klaleara said:

The first person to notice during the close to 3 years I've had it.

PS.  I don't think anyone actually answered the question, and they mostly mis-understood.  I was just wondering if there is any benefit to petting when they are at 100% loyalty already (Outside of adorable snuggles).  Or if its best to just wait till it is lowered.

From what we have to date:

Pets don't die, so why have Loyalty and Health? Bonuses.

Loyalty affects a pet's battle damage with afaik 150% bonus damage at 100%.

Health grants either defense or HP up to I think 100% bonus.

DNA regeneration is simply to restore the bonuses as every 12-24 hrs a pet is out of stasis, the bonus HP declines. If it reaches 0, your pet does not perish just reduced to their very bare-bare base stats.

Kavats never lose damage bonus, Kubrows do; your petting simply keeps them putting out max damage you gain no over benefits but your pup isn't losing their offense either.

Hope that explains it hun 😊

1 minute ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

From what we have to date:

Pets don't die, so why have Loyalty and Health? Bonuses.

Loyalty affects a pet's battle damage with afaik 150% bonus damage at 100%.

Health grants either defense or HP up to I think 100% bonus.

DNA regeneration is simply to restore the bonuses as every 12-24 hrs a pet is out of stasis, the bonus HP declines. If it reaches 0, your pet does not perish just reduced to their very bare-bare base stats.

Kavats never lose damage bonus, Kubrows do; your petting simply keeps them putting out max damage you gain no over benefits but your pup isn't losing their offense either.

Hope that explains it hun 😊

Nope.  It sadly doesn't.

What happens when you pet, when your companion is at 100% loyalty already?

Edited by Klaleara

5 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

Nope.  It sadly doesn't.

What happens when you pet, when your companion is at 100% loyalty already?

absolutely nothing. It will keep the bonus set at 150% bonus damage but it will not add more, grant increases elsewhere; nothing more than stop the bonus degenerating a little.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

absolutely nothing. It will keep the bonus set at 150% bonus damage but it will not add more, grant increases elsewhere; nothing more than stop the bonus degenerating a little.

So it resets the 100% degen process? 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Hi OP, I think I have an answer for you!

From the wiki - "Loyalty decays by 10% on days the player has not logged in." This indicates to me that petting your kubrow doesn't affect the "timer", only logging in/not logging in affects the "timer." Petting your pup merely restores lost loyalty and logging in daily prevents loyalty from degrading naturally. You have to log in to pet them soooooo I guess the answer is yesno!

Awesome, thanks!

10 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Awesome, thanks!

that quote is about regular Kubrow. I'm not sure if chargers function the same way with regards to loyalty. Testing it out atm personally.

However, at full loyalty you don't waste any pets by interacting with your animal companion. You can do it as much as you like. To clarify, it doesn't afaik, reset anything, it just doesn't do anything other than let you snuggle your companion. I'm going to do some testing because this is an interesting little detail and I might want to add the info to my guide.

Also I think the wiki is incorrect about kubrow just losing loyalty if you don't log in. I've logged in regularly and still had the periodic drop in loyalty, I am positive. More testing though just to be sure.

Keep in mind Chargers function differently from regular Kubrow so the answers you might get on Kubrow may not be true of Chargers and vice versa.