Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us dissolve rivens into riven slivers

Vespilan

Alot of you should know that you can transmute four unveiled rivens into one random veiled riven basically ever since rivens have been introduced. However, a long time has passed and riven slivers have been introduced in the meantime. Ten riven slivers can forge a new riven at Palladino in Iron Wake (Earth) if you are not aware. 
I don't see why we shouldn't have the ability to dissolve singular rivens into riven slivers by now, similar how you can dissolve other mods into Endo.
Ten slivers make a riven but four riven mods make a new unveiled riven, so the number of slivers should be around 2 or 3 per riven.

Just now, Vespilan said:

Ten slivers make a riven but four riven mods make a new unveiled riven,

Both methods get you 1 veiled riven. Also, you can only get 1 riven for slivers per week while transmuters you can farm however many you like. I have nothing against adding the option to do that, but honestly, don't see any point in it.

There is absolutely no point in this, except making the Riven Transmuter (and capturing the Hydrolyst) useless.

Granted, exchanging a Riven to Endo should give random(1-2) Slivers as a "farewell present".

So, there is a choice: Either convert 5-10 Rivens (to Endo) for a new one and make room OR just use a Riven Transmuter OR go farm some Requiem Relics.

Id say when using a riven trasnmuter you get 1 silver per riven transmuted, its just a little bonus thing, I mean riven silvers make a riven so when destroying a riven in any form desolved or transmute it should drop a silver.

1 hour ago, Vespilan said:

Alot of you should know that you can transmute four unveiled rivens into one random veiled riven basically ever since rivens have been introduced. However, a long time has passed and riven slivers have been introduced in the meantime. Ten riven slivers can forge a new riven at Palladino in Iron Wake (Earth) if you are not aware. 
I don't see why we shouldn't have the ability to dissolve singular rivens into riven slivers by now, similar how you can dissolve other mods into Endo.
Ten slivers make a riven but four riven mods make a new unveiled riven, so the number of slivers should be around 2 or 3 per riven.

I think this is both a logical and a brilliant idea, creating a functional framework for part of the riven system.

The problem is Palladino's current "once a week"-limitation, which transmuting doesn't have. And lifting the "once a week"-limitation would risk turning requiem void fissures into "riven farms", something I would not personally like to see/have.

Another potential problem is that you can buy archwing rivens from Hexis and companion rivens from Simaris, and by turning these into slivers and then reassembling them at Iron Wake you would have an increased chance of turning them into other kinds of rivens (adding an archwing riven to a transmutation means a 25% chance of getting a new archwing riven, giving 10 slivers to Palladino means a much smaller chance of getting an archwing riven, as they are a much smaller part of the total riven pool).

A good thing would be that you can keep an unrestricted(?) amount of slivers, so this mechanic would give the added benefit of storing potential riven capacity slivers for future use. And storing slivers is something you already can do, this would only add another source for slivers.

Edited by Graavarg