Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

How to value bad Kuva riven?


dormerXL
 Share

Question

I was excited to get my first riven and struggled through the challenge -- killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground.

When I finally unveiled it, it was a Kuva Chakkhurr Gelitron -- +5.8% damage to Corpus, +13.2% Cold, -8.5% Damage.

That seems pretty crappy, and I haven't even started thinking about working towards Kuva weapons yet (I'm still MR10).

I want to just sell it, but I have no idea how to figure out a decent value for it. I know Kuva weapons are new and rare and great, but the stats on the riven seem pretty bad. I haven't rerolled it yet.

Semlar shows prices over the past few days mostly in the 200-500p range. Should I ask 200 for it? Should I try rerolling it to something more sellable? Any advice is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I paid around 350ish for two unrolled (bad rolled) kuva chakkhurr rivens. I think 200 seems pretty low. I recommend checking out the prices on riven.market. I'd say using the popular trading websites (warframe.market and riven.market) are the lowest effort methods of trading items, but if you don't want to use them they work well for just checking prices too.The prices fluctuate constantly though; the lowest price for a chakkhurr riven might be going for 500p now, but on the weekend when more people are online the prices can drop significantly. 

Also it's good to keep in mind some people will often choose unrolled rivens over rolled ones because they cost less to roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, dormerXL said:

I was excited to get my first riven and struggled through the challenge -- killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground.

When I finally unveiled it, it was a Kuva Chakkhurr Gelitron -- +5.8% damage to Corpus, +13.2% Cold, -8.5% Damage.

That seems pretty crappy, and I haven't even started thinking about working towards Kuva weapons yet (I'm still MR10).

I want to just sell it, but I have no idea how to figure out a decent value for it. I know Kuva weapons are new and rare and great, but the stats on the riven seem pretty bad. I haven't rerolled it yet.

Semlar shows prices over the past few days mostly in the 200-500p range. Should I ask 200 for it? Should I try rerolling it to something more sellable? Any advice is appreciated.

if you want to sell a Riven for a specific weapon, one of the most beneficial things you can do is to look at the stats of the weapon and see which ones are the strongest: then reroll the Riven until you get boosts for those stats (so you make it overpowered).
Most noob traders fall for the standard combo crit-chance/crit damage/multishot, but they often ignore that not all weapons receive major benefits from those stats.
Riven trading is like real trading: it's a matter of understanding the market and the item you are trading...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You have to be patients or lucky to get price like u want it to be. 

In your case 200p-300p is the right price. Depend on how lucky or patients u are. Because of the - dmg. Maybe roll it once. So u have better stat and better price than that. It sure cant go worse than - dmg lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
22 hours ago, dormerXL said:

I was excited to get my first riven ...

When I finally unveiled it, it was a Kuva Chakkhurr Gelitron

My advice - don't sell it at all. Plat can be made from other sources. 
Use it when you have the weapon and knowledge.
It's one of the good weapons in game.

Edited by vegetosayajin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

if you want to sell a Riven for a specific weapon, one of the most beneficial things you can do is to look at the stats of the weapon and see which ones are the strongest: then reroll the Riven until you get boosts for those stats (so you make it overpowered).
Most noob traders fall for the standard combo crit-chance/crit damage/multishot, but they often ignore that not all weapons receive major benefits from those stats.
Riven trading is like real trading: it's a matter of understanding the market and the item you are trading...

Roll the riven if you either

- going to use it yourself

- have Kuva to spare no matter how many times it takes to have a 'good' roll

- there is a clear direction of what the majority would think is not only a 'good' roll but even what a 'god' roll for that particular weapon should be

- or if you're just feeling lucky  🙂

 

It's not just that most 'noob' sellers go for CC/CD but more that most "noob" buyers just want crit-chance/crit-damage/multishot even when it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Looking at the stats of the weapon and then determine what a good roll is doesn't hold true either.  It wouldn't be the first time that for a weapon that is clearly a status weapon and not a hybrid let alone a crit one, buyers in general are looking for CC/CD just because some youtuber showed off how when one uses a CC riven with this particular frame and that particular companion and this kind of mod set up one can red crit Bombards lvl 150. With as result that every newbie, even when barely playing for 200 hours and being MR4, thinks that anything that isn't CC is garbage.

*smh*

To the OP, the riven is bad, never the less you should still easily get 300p for it  (hint : if it has negative damage on it, it's really bad). Once you start rolling it the value goes down unless you get really got good stats on it in which case the value can go up dramatically. What are good stats? That's in the eye of the beholder, which is why in general I don't bother rolling rivens unless it's for own use.

Main thing, no matter what : be patient, put anyone rude and toxic on ignore, and stick to your guns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

Roll the riven if you either

- going to use it yourself

- have Kuva to spare no matter how many times it takes to have a 'good' roll

- there is a clear direction of what the majority would think is not only a 'good' roll but even what a 'god' roll for that particular weapon should be

- or if you're just feeling lucky  🙂

 

It's not just that most 'noob' sellers go for CC/CD but more that most "noob" buyers just want crit-chance/crit-damage/multishot even when it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Looking at the stats of the weapon and then determine what a good roll is doesn't hold true either.  It wouldn't be the first time that for a weapon that is clearly a status weapon and not a hybrid let alone a crit one, buyers in general are looking for CC/CD just because some youtuber showed off how when one uses a CC riven with this particular frame and that particular companion and this kind of mod set up one can red crit Bombards lvl 150. With as result that every newbie, even when barely playing for 200 hours and being MR4, thinks that anything that isn't CC is garbage.

 

mmh like I said "Riven trading is like real trading: it's a matter of understanding the market and the item you are trading... ". Of course this holds true only if you intend to focus on that, and not if you are a casual that trades 1 Riven every six months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...