Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shildeg for Exo Space Mobs?

Loveframe

Question

Anyone have a good build for Shildeg for killing the Exo mobs in space?

I'm trying to find a way to use this Shildeg in space and so far I seem to have a lot of challenges with it killing any of the boarding parties in Veil.

My Zaws and Paracesis work perfectly with the typical hybrid crit/status and Slash/Cor/Heat focus, but the Shildeg seems to lag WAY behind. I assume it's because the slash is so low and puncture and impact aren't doing much to help against the Exo's in space.

Builds I have tried: 

Gas Hybrid: PPP, PF, CO, BR, DC, 60/60, PFS, WW

Gas Crit: PPP, PF, OS, SS, DC, Molten, PFS, WW

Vir/Rad Status: PPP, PR, PF, CO, 60/60x4 <- this works best for me as I use the avionic to freeze boarding parties, then Garuda's 4 ability and wack away without building too much or any significant combo count, however it's still significantly slower than if I use my Zaws or Paracesis which I can just EEE through them all.

It's easy enough to use any of my other melee weapons or cheese it with my Valk but I am trying to play Garuda more and have this entire vampire/kuva theme with her so all Kuva weapons and Vamp Kitty when piloting my RJ.

Edited by Gashslapper

6 answers to this question

First of all, don't use Primed Pressure Point if you use Condition Overload, they both stack additively so it's really not worth it. Next, you have a have a slow hammer (hammer are already slow) and use no attack speed mod, this is sucidal when using a combo build up and status based build. Also, since it's a Kuva weapon, you should take advantage of this and have a good element to combo with and save mod space.

I would recommand this build :

•  Condition Overload, Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds (because they are best melee mods)
  • Primed Fury and Berserk for fasted combo/status build up AND insane DPS increase. Both stack multiplicatively, which mean it's a ~2.71x DPS multiplier.
  • Primed Fever Strike combined with innate heat or electricity for gas or corrosive.
  • Primed Reach for more reach which also mean more damage in enemi groups.
  • Organ Shatter for stronger crit. Out of all other mods, this one provide the lowest DPS increase, so if you want any QoL or utility stuff like combo duration or healing, this is the one to replace.

Thanks, I typo'ed, I don't use the PR Primed Reach in space because the RJ is enclosed space. I use PF Primed Fury except for that full status build I mentioned. I'll edit my post.

You list all the mods I have used in the builds above, except I don't use Berserk. So I could replace PPP or CO with Berserk, I don't think it'd make a huge difference unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Gashslapper

il y a 2 minutes, Gashslapper a dit :

Thanks, I typo'ed, I don't use the PR Primed Reach in space because the RJ is enclosed space. I use PF Primed Fury except for that full status build I mentioned. I'll edit my post.

You list all the mods I have used in the builds above, except I don't use Berserk. So I could replace PPP or CO with Berserk, I don't think it'd make a huge difference unless I'm missing something.

Then I don't understand what the abbreviation you used are. Though "PR" was "Primed Reach". Can you write full mod names instead ?

Sure,

Gas Hybrid:

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Condition Overload, Blood Rush, Drifting Contact, 60/60 (ie: Voltaic Edge or whatever elem I am going for), Primed Fever Strike, Weeping Wounds https://imgur.com/LG1DRyk

Gas Crit:

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Organ Shatter, Sacrificial Steel, Drifting Contact, Molten (90% fire mod), Primed Fever Strike, Weeping Wounds

Vir/Rad Status: <- this seems to work best for me when using Garuda, however I would have thought the Gas Hybrid build above *should* work better as that's the standard melee meta build these days I thought.

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Condition Overload, Primed Reach, 4x 60/60 mods for the lulz 

Yeah you are missing something about Berserker, It's the only mod that's still multiplicative with other mods in it's class. IE on a weapon with quickening and Berserker installed the attack speed with be at 2.45 times the base attack speed.

Part of the problem is that you haven't listed your Shildeg's element, which makes coming up with a build much harder.

That said, I would recommend Corrosive+Heat vs. Veil boarding parties, just due to the sheer amount of armor they have. PPP, PR, Quickening, BR, Drifting, PFS,, electric and heat 60/60s. Alternatively, replace PPP with CO and Drifting with Weeping. If your base element is heat, then replace the heat mod with Berserker.

I personally prefer heat on my Shildeg, as it means I can do gas, corrosive/heat, and viral/heat with ease, but if yours is Toxin then that works well too.