Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some 1000% serious challenges for you to do with 0 rewards

Drachnyn

With everyone waiting and arguing when and if DE will introduce difficult content, I chose a different approach: I searched for my own challenges. Now that by itself isnt special. I do however want to share some challenges that I found difficult to do. All of these challenges are completely nonsensical and offer no rewards at all. If you dont find these challenges fun then I'm afraid I have nothing to offer for you in this thread.

The challenges focus around the MR 9 and the MR 19 test.

Kill all enemies only using:

• Heavy impact
  • Gale Kick
  • Bullet jumps
  • Mining laser + Volt
  • Fishing spear + Volt

For the MR 19 test specifically:

Free the target without killing any enemies just using gale kick to destroy the orbs.

For obvious reasons wisp is banned from of these challenge runs. If you have any more suggestions for more nonsensical challenges please feel free to post them.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Crusher4881:

Complete a mission without using any weapons or abilities, just using bullet jump damage. It's totally possible for low-level missions.

That was actually how I killed the weak infested in the halloween juggernaut tactical alerts. The 2 MR tests i focused on have the added challenge of having to stay undetected, which makes some setups surprisingly difficult.

• Farm the Eidolon shards for the quills without Volt, Chroma, or a decent amp.

Not so much a challenge as a massive oversight, but wicked difficult none the less.

• Win on the Rathuum Arena Vodyanoi with Magnetic or Blast damage on a Burston Prime.
  • Playing through Warframe without looking up youtube videos, or asking folks, what, "the best," loadouts are.

There are lots of great ways to be modded with intelligent design, but be woefully unprepared or underwhelming in this game. It's sort of a rule to me to choose gear for the challenge I want. ...If you want to one-hit everything, you can. If you want to get spanked day and night by bullet sponges, impossible RNG, etc... you can also have that.. and just about everything in between. It's not like you CAN'T lose missions in this game.. you just won't lose by using the obvious winning choices. Play Warframe by picking purely by feeling/aesthetic/personal preference; it makes for a uniquely difficult game. If you love the idea of something (like Shaku in my case,) then take that everywhere, and see how it does. You can probably still win, but it will not be a uniform and simple experience. Loadouts don't need to be tailored for hard-counters or optimal DPS.

18 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:
  • Farm the Eidolon shards for the quills without Volt, Chroma, or a decent amp.

Not so much a challenge as a massive oversight, but wicked difficult none the less.

You need to state which amp(s) it is, because anything other than the Mote amp is actually decent to kill at least the Gantulyst solo. Killing one hydrolyst per night is pretty simple as well without DPS frames (been doing that since they were released with my Trinity). Surviving is much harder than dealing enough damage throughout the night, imo.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb kapn655321:

There are lots of great ways to be modded with intelligent design, but be woefully unprepared or underwhelming in this game. It's sort of a rule to me to choose gear for the challenge I want. ...If you want to one-hit everything, you can. If you want to get spanked day and night by bullet sponges, impossible RNG, etc... you can also have that.. and just about everything in between. It's not like you CAN'T lose missions in this game.. you just won't lose by using the obvious winning choices. Play Warframe by picking purely by feeling/aesthetic/personal preference; it makes for a uniquely difficult game. If you love the idea of something (like Shaku in my case,) then take that everywhere, and see how it does. You can probably still win, but it will not be a uniform and simple experience. Loadouts don't need to be tailored for hard-counters or optimal DPS.

Some of the MR test challenges did take me a few tries and they tend to get chaotic because of how much of a handicap some of the setups are. Those were a lot of fun to me.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Quantaminum:

You need to state which amp(s) it is, because anything other than the Mote amp is actually decent to kill at least the Gantulyst solo. Killing one hydrolyst per night is pretty simple as well without DPS frames (been doing that since they were released with my Trinity). Surviving is much harder than dealing enough damage throughout the night, imo.

Usually keeping the lures alive isnt that easy either if you arent using the most powerful setup. Trinity doesnt have a problem with that but even with Oberon I had trouble keeping them alive against Hydrolyst.

People constantly cry about challenge in videogames.  But half the time when challenge is there people then cry it's too hard.  Or don't do it because because of a bad reward.

The whole point of special modes,  npc levels, difficulty settings, etc. Is to give players choices to get what they want.

And we all play games for different reasons.  Difficulty/challenge isn't what everyone wants.

Warframe is a solid game to just play with lots of stuff to do.  And you don't have to spend a penny.

If at present there is nothing one likes in the game play something else.

The most important question we must ask ourselves in life is a blunt one. What makes you happy?

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Kakurine2:

People constantly cry about challenge in videogames.  But half the time when its there people then cry it's too hard.  Or don't do it because because of a bad reward.

The whole point of special modes,  npc levels, difficulty settings, etc. Is to give players choices to get what they want.

And we all play games for different reasons.  Difficulty/challenge isn't what everyone wants.

Warframe is a solid game to just play with lots of stuff to do.  And you don't have to spend a penny.

If at present there is nothing one likes in the game fo something else.

The most important question we must ask ourselves in life is a blunt one. What makes you happy?

I think that's the great thing about self found challenges, no one else is forced to do them if they dont want to. The mastery tests are ideal for that imo but it certainly isnt restricted to them or even to any game. Do you have any self imposed challenges in warframe that you enjoyed and want to share? 

12 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I think that's the great thing about self found challenges, no one else is forced to do them if they dont want to. The mastery tests are ideal for that imo but it certainly isnt restricted to them or even to any game. Do you have any self imposed challenges in warframe that you enjoyed and want to share? 

I play purely for fun and stress relief. An escape from the real world as it is. I enjoy just cracking skulls.

You could use ai level or nightmare modes to make things chalenging. Purposely use underpowered mods/weapons. Equip dragon keys all the time.

But since the reward would be bad it wouldn't be worth it.

I have fun in dynasty warrior empire style game wrecking entire armies in a single cool sword swipe. You can raise the ais difficulty if you want challenge.

I hope games have good stories.  Teach life lessons or have interesting ideas to reflect on.

Being the massive recluse geek i am. When i have free time I'm playing some kind of game. Listening to music. Reading or watching something. Building gundam models. Or meditating.

More things to do then i have free time.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

People constantly cry about challenge in videogames.  But half the time when challenge is there people then cry it's too hard.

Pretty sure those are two different types of people...

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Or don't do it because because of a bad reward.

That's just poor design.

The only serious “Challenges” i did for myself is defeating Ropalolyst in No Shield Mode as Hildryn, and defeating Profit Taker as Titania without dying and without Vitality. Outside of that, i just do long Solo Survival Runs for fun.

Edited by GPrime96

vor 8 Minuten schrieb GPrime96:

The only serious “Challenges” i did for myself is defeating Ropalolyst in No Shield Mode as Hildryn, and defeating Profit Taker as Titania without dying and without Vitality. Outside of that, i just do long Solo Survival Runs for fun.

I wish I saw nightmare ropalolyst more often, no shield hildryn sounds pretty intense.

10 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I wish I saw nightmare ropalolyst more often, no shield hildryn sounds pretty intense.

When i did that, i used her with no and with Vtality. Without it, she gets one shot from Midair almost everytime and with it, she can take a few hits before being dead. I was able to beat it with one Revive left and that’s with Vitality. Most of my Deaths was from 5e Amalgams and Sentients.