Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadouts: more complicated that first thought

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I finally got to the point to start really working loadouts. It's more complicated than I thought.

So each weapon can have 3 configs, maybe one for each faction. So do I need 3 loadouts for each frame, so I have one for each faction? But then I can have 3 configs for each frame, so does that mean I need 9 loadouts (3frames configs x3weapon configs)

While I have multiple frames, I usually switch between hildryn, saryn, chroma, wukong and zephyr... 5x3x3 15 loadouts, plus at least one more for sorties where I have to have a particular setup. Plus one for the odd frame/weapon mission I want to run.

I can't believe any of this is right. So what do you do?

11 answers to this question

Yah dude, you're way overthinking it. I'm not sure what your common activities are but you probably only need a loadout or two for each of your favored activities. Probably loadouts like "void fissure", "index", "arbitration", "lich hunt" and a "misc".

I fiddle with my mod setups (aura/exilus changes) a lot and use faction based mods in my setups so I usually need to dive into my arsenal when I switch loadouts, anyway, so my loadouts are mostly save slots for appearance and weapon combinations and not necessarily mod configurations. That said I could clean up my loadouts a bit, there are a couple I no longer use for sure.

I think most people traditionally use a frame/weapon per faction or objective, rather than a loadout for each scenario on each frame.
I personally use the same frame for everything, and try to make the one loadout as universal as I can possibly make it.

You CAN make optimal loadouts for each potential scenario, but you may find it's not exactly necessary in most cases.. though if you want that option, you can do that.

Just get a speedrun frame & strong weapons for 90% of all your missions and change when you do Eidolons/Profit Taker/Index/XP Farming/Things that actually require specific things. You don't really need to change much just cuz of a faction and don't need to make a loadout for every frame you use. The speedrun frame is ofc to finish missions fast and strong weapons to do other objectives quick. I just do most of the stuff with Wukong and have loadouts for the things I mentioned. I can still do sorties/Arbys/Railjack/Fissures and any node on the star chart with Wukong without changing to any other loadout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I finally got to the point to start really working loadouts. It's more complicated than I thought.

So each weapon can have 3 configs, maybe one for each faction. So do I need 3 loadouts for each frame, so I have one for each faction? But then I can have 3 configs for each frame, so does that mean I need 9 loadouts (3frames configs x3weapon configs)

While I have multiple frames, I usually switch between hildryn, saryn, chroma, wukong and zephyr... 5x3x3 15 loadouts, plus at least one more for sorties where I have to have a particular setup. Plus one for the odd frame/weapon mission I want to run.

I can't believe any of this is right. So what do you do?

Idk about everyone else, but my solution to this is to literally use one build for every mission that I play (aside from Eidolons and Profit-Taker). Faction-specific builds for my main weapon? Too lazy to deal with that noise; every faction gets pure Slash and that's that.

It's been working incredibly well, honestly.

EDIT:

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Neick1 said:

Just get a speedrun frame & strong weapons for 90% of all your missions and change when you do Eidolons/Profit Taker/Index/XP Farming/Things that actually require specific things. You don't really need to change much just cuz of a faction and don't need to make a loadout for every frame you use. The speedrun frame is ofc to finish missions fast and strong weapons to do other objectives quick. I just do most of the stuff with Wukong and have loadouts for the things I mentioned. I can still do sorties/Arbys/Railjack/Fissures and any node on the star chart with Wukong without changing to any other loadout.

^ Literally this.

Who needs specialized frames? Just get yourself a decent all-rounder, and use a throwaway weapon slot to make up for their weaknesses (e.g. Wukong because he's fun, and Phantasma for braindead-easy CC and armor strip). Congrats, you can now solo anything that isn't a "specialized" mission (e.g. Eidolons, profit taker, stealth affinity farms).

Edited by SortaRandom

When I was rather new to the game and finally learned.. (from players AND by research in the wiki) ...of the fractions and the different weaknesses, I had the fix idea of modding my primary against greneer, my secondary against corpus (or these two vice versa), and melee against infested. That did a pretty good job indeed. I had one "go to" slot for void AND for derelict AND for almost any other casual mission type. 

Primary: Radiation-Viral (or maybe Radiation+toxin rather seldom radiation+cold)             ...plus as well  keeping in mind that puncture is great vs greneer.

Secondary: Magnetic+Gas or maybe Magnetic+toxin                                                         ...plus as well keeping in mind that impact is great vd corpus.

Melee: Corrosive+blast,           or even better corrosive+heat              because heat is great against infested. Also slash of course...

The Frame heavily changed on mood and feeling thses times, ..even depended on whta frames I had, ...we all strated with very few warframe slots ...

When sentients enterd the game I found myself well prepared by bringing lots of different damage-types already! I like how DE from time to time notices, how weapons and or damage types are heavily "overused"

That said I kind of highly anticipate the changes announced in last devstream.

DE brought it up, that it surely won't be that  easy anymore in the not so far future to "Just bring corrosive and you're good for any obsticles..."-kind of playstyle

I just made a loadout for each of my carefully colored favorite warframes with super extra names to match (Aes Sidhe for Titania, Paean for Trinity)...each one has the same primary weapon and build too (only in different colors to match each frame). I think I must be doing that wrong 🤔

There is no reason to overthink about loadouts and get burnt with it.

I understand that a suitable loadout could help you progress faster with ease, but it's not necessary.  Simply put, you could pretty much progress ~95% of the content without a proper build. There are only 2 situation you might need to spend some efforts on configuring the loadouts:

1) when you are stuck at a mission, either you are underpower, or the boss requires particular element/weapon to beat

2) when you want to farm. As the game is about farming, you might want to have loadouts that farm certain things in the fastest and most efficient way.

As far as weapons it is nice to have 3 different set-ups,  but most of the time its totally not needed.  About the only weapons have a specific loadout for is like eidolons and profit taker.  Guns are just a change of elements.   You can do some crazier stuff with melee,  crits, status,  heavies, guarding, lifestrike.  Its nice to have those but do I make them on every weapon? hell no.  Have even done that stuff on ONE weapon lol.  (and I really waana try the uber guard/tank set-up)

Frames are definately more important to have multiple set-ups.  Frames can do entirely different things when set up correctly.  (Extreme swings are usually not possible because of polarities).  For example..........  Right now im spending time on my Rhino to farm naramon pts so I can unlock my last way-bound.  Now Rhino has 2 different builds.  I can focus on Roar and be a team player giving everyone +93% damage for a minute at a time,  Or I can focus on iron skin and just be super tank, with even stronger roar for myself.  It all depends on what kinda content im running Rhino in but I defiantely want those two options.

Gara has 3 loadouts for me.  1st is a ton of strength so she maxes out her DR and her abilities can kill really well for offense/solo play.  But my favorite Gara is one with tons of range and a spectro-siphon augment that makes enemies killed in her 3 drop energy orbs.  Her 3 also draws all aggro so it keeps the team safe and fills them with energy.  I also have a 3rd loadout where the only goal was to make a tiny wall, sure you can control the size yourself but this set up doesnt require any thinking.  Its for no damage defense rivens.  

Strength, Duration, Range can drastically change the way warframes play.  Not to mention tanky or effeciency builds, augment builds.  Most of my warframes have multiple builds.  You just have to learn Each warframes abilities, how your stats change them,  what their augments do,  then you see if you need multiple loadouts.  You can read about frames and look at youtube but experience is best teacher. 

-------------------

I've recently take things to the next level and started making alternate fashion frame loadouts lol, even for my kavat.  I've only done like 2 warframes so far and maybe 2 pets.  Im not sure if I can tie mod loadouts to fashion loadouts.   If im solo its black and whatever....if its a squad loadout something more colorful or something lol.  

instead of having different loadouts for every weapon, I have different weapons for each situation and I use only loadouts for Warframes.

This means that I have one specific loadout for each type of mission:

- Arbitrations
- Excavation
- Defense
- Kuva farming
etc.

This has been working wonderfully well for me