Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[GUIDE] 'How to Hunt Liches' - By: The Last Lich Hunter

SPEKTRE76

Question

This is from a reply I made to some asking about their low MR buddy who spawned a Lich.

STEP ONE: DO NOT fight your Lich (ESPECIALLY ALONE) until you have all three requiem MOD's. Trust me you can do this. They walk slow. If you get caught you deserve to die. (this prevents the Lich from leveling up)

STEP TWO: Once all Requiems are revealed, go punch the 'Esc' key > 'Navigation' then there is a red icon on the bottom right. Click that then click 'Modify Parazon'. Put the Requiem Symbols in any order (black stone MOD cards with ancient symbol thingy's).

STEP THREE: Take a look at your Liches 'RESISTANCE' and 'IMMUNITY'. Then MOD your weapons without those types of DMG.

STEP FOUR: Go hunt your Lich in territory they control. When it spawns start wrecking it. You'll notice THREE yellow health status bars above the shield bar (cyan). You have to bust that shield and then after that, the first life bar (far right) will start to go down. Once it is down your Lich will kneel before you.

STEP FIVE: Preform your 'MERCY KILL'. If you order for the first one is correct it will whisper it's name in a demonic Gregorian chant tone of voice. REPEAT STEP FOUR. If the second symbol is wrong, your Lich will disappear and rank up. Not to worry just reverse the #2 and #3 Requiems. If the first one was wrong, then swap the #1 and # 2. You have a 33.33% of getting things right the first time.

STEP SIX: Player Choice, if you Convert your Lich you'll get the blueprint for the weapon and Ephemera if your Lich came with one. This will allow you to sell it for plat and a high premium. Weapons alone will not garner a premium unless you get a Kuva Bramma with 60% of (insert damage type here). If you kill your Lich, you get the weapon instantly and the Ephemera (if it came with one) but.....you cannot ever trade it.

*Side Note = If your Lich was Converted, it will fight along side you when you need help the most. And the type of damage you used to kill the Larvling will determine the weapons damage buff).

Once you have a fully ranked up Frame and a set of Weapons, then you can kill your next lich (when you spawn one) and get a free murmur each time you do it. Until I'd have some serious MOD's enabled to help you out.

Edited by SPEKTRE76
pacify the whiny trolls

14 answers to this question

vor 26 Minuten schrieb SPEKTRE76:

STEP ONE: DO NOT fight your Lich (ESPECIALLY ALONE) until you have all three requiem MOD's. Trust me you can do this. They walk slow. If you get caught you deserve to die. (this prevents the Lich from leveling up)

But why? missing out on free murmur progress (that you'll waste later when you go for the correct order) seems like a slowdown. Especially since lvl 5 liches dont lose aggro after fighting tme so you can just fight them over and over again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

But why? missing out on free murmur progress (that you'll waste later when you go for the correct order) seems like a slowdown. Especially since lvl 5 liches dont lose aggro after fighting tme so you can just fight them over and over again.

Its a common course of action i saw while farming liches some tenno prefer that to a lich they can't kill.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb trunks013:

Its a common course of action i saw while farming liches some tenno prefer that to a lich they can't kill.

I'd argue that if some is undergeared they should improve their builds instead of wasting their own time with doing liches slowly but to each their own I guess.

15 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I'd argue that if some is undergeared they should improve their builds instead of wasting their own time with doing liches slowly but to each their own I guess.

Not to say I agree, but it's worth considering the difference in effective health of enemies and the time it takes to kill them if your lich is a higher level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Never said it was a good idea ^.^ i'm trying to show my fellow tenno the same thing ^.^

3 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

stopped here. Why would I pass up the boosted murmurs from killing a lich, why do I care if it ranks up? They aren't impossible to beat even at rank 5. If I want to be fast and efficient it is imperative to kill the lich as much as possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Huh? This will make things slower, because failed attempts give murmur progress (and can help with finding requiem order if you get lucky.) Also, we're literally a couple of days away from an update that will make the failed attempt murmur progress share with the rest of your team. 

• Like 2

I like ranking my Lich to level 5 then ignore it after it takes over most of the star chart, that way I get to do missions at roughly 90 - 120 level enemies. 🙂

After awhile I have to kill the Lich then start all over again, ah such fun murmurs murmurs murmurs YEEHA!
If you're having trouble with a Lich ask in recruit chat and I'm sure someone will help you with no strings attached.

6 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

If u doit this way u will end up wasting free murmur. If u dont want to fight high level lich I do say dont fight till u get 1 mod reveal. Then fight. Repeat until 3 mod reveal. Then fight for the last time. 

3 minutes ago, superiouz said:

If u doit this way u will end up wasting free murmur. If u dont want to fight high level lich I do say dont fight till u get 1 mod reveal. Then fight. Repeat until 3 mod reveal. Then fight for the last time. 

I like this method, personally. 

8 hours ago, superiouz said:

I delivered this method as is for 'new' players. My OP, was for a person who was MR6 or MR7. I didn't want them worrying about all the extras you and I have come to know. I figured they would naturally figure that out playing with other senior players. You really only learn so much by reading. It's another thing entirely to actually go out and do it. I just wanted to make it easy for them. That way when they hit MR10 or MR12 they'll have more combat experience under their belts.

Again for the people in the way back, this guide is for NEW, new players, I say again NEW players who don't have all the weapons and experience we have. The person I gave this to was a MR6 whos Frame was rank 10. His weapons aren't ranked all the way up.  

Once they are ranked up, then yes they can do the free Murmur stuff you all keep pointing out. The horse is dead already. I'm trying to keep this kids Lich at lvl 1 for him/her.

If my post is triggering you, just scroll on. Filling a thread up with "troll s***t posting" is just wasteful. Instead of whining, post your own guide. If you have the courage, PM me your concern. I may even update the guide.

I thank God there is an ignore feature on here.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Always stab your lich. Always. You get around 6-7 murmurs for failing an attempt.

If a lich appears at the beginning of a mission with a lot of spawns like Survival or Defection, spare it until they stop producing thralls (usually around the 5-7 minute mark), then stab it. Make sure enemies are close enough to the lich for conversion; it looks like 100m is give or take the limit. I usually just stab the lich immediately if I'm on a Rescue or Capture mission since enemy spawns are pretty sparse.

But no matter what, always stab it. Always. Expand the lich's territory, get your murmurs, go find ideal target-rich mission types (Survival, Defection and Exterminate seem to work best for me) and kill everything in sight. More kills mean more thrall spawns, meaning more murmurs. Murmurs are everything. That's why you always stab before the mission ends -- even if you have no requiem mods equipped.

If you do it right, 90 minutes is a solidly consistent run time from lich birth to death. (That also depends on your gear.)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ultrafrigid said:

Always stab your lich. Always. You get around 6-7 murmurs for failing an attempt.

If a lich appears at the beginning of a mission with a lot of spawns like Survival or Defection, spare it until they stop producing thralls (usually around the 5-7 minute mark), then stab it. Make sure enemies are close enough to the lich for conversion; it looks like 100m is give or take the limit. I usually just stab the lich immediately if I'm on a Rescue or Capture mission since enemy spawns are pretty sparse.

But no matter what, always stab it. Always. Expand the lich's territory, get your murmurs, go find ideal target-rich mission types (Survival, Defection and Exterminate seem to work best for me) and kill everything in sight. More kills mean more thrall spawns, meaning more murmurs. Murmurs are everything. That's why you always stab before the mission ends -- even if you have no requiem mods equipped.

If you do it right, 90 minutes is a solidly consistent run time from lich birth to death. (That also depends on your gear.)

Thank you, this is a well thought out replay that adds value to the conversation. I will reconfigure the guide =o). But right now I have a Lich to convert.

• Like 1