Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

Is the Shedu needed for upcoming quests?


(PSN)NinjaBlitz99
 Share

Question

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I hope not because I seriously can't be bothered to farm it.... it's literally got one of the worst methods of acquisition in the game imo...actually all the weapons from railjack are pretty poor in that regard.

Time gated, 'same' mission each time, random drops from enemy and the mission isn't exactly quick if you want to actually complete it, assuming you don't get people quitting if no parts drops..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I doubt it considering the grind gates it's stuck behind. Add in the general reaction to railjack from launch to now and it would be pretty unlikely to go down well if people are forced to grind out building the railjack, getting to void proxima, then grind farming parts (which is further limited to a 30 mins - 1 hour which occurs on a random void proxima node every several hours) to use a weapon that is required in a particular mission down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I don't think so.

When it comes to the Paracisis there was a quest centered around it, ability to sell it was removed, and heavily hinted that it was going to have a special purpose.

The Shedu seems like just another gun (in terms of being linked to quests).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I hope not because I seriously can't be bothered to farm it.... it's literally got one of the worst methods of acquisition in the game imo...actually all the weapons from railjack are pretty poor in that regard.

Time gated, 'same' mission each time, random drops from enemy and the mission isn't exactly quick if you want to actually complete it, assuming you don't get people quitting if no parts drops..

 

Well, you are forgetting, that lots of weapons have that method of aquisition...lots of them.

For example Acceltra and akarius, you have to repeat the same missons, and is a random drop by the enemys you kill.

Some wepons require you also repeat the same mission, like SEER ( killing the Vor)
And if we talk about frames..gezezz..lots o repetition in missions ( Equinox, Nidus, Ivara.... needs to talk whith you)

And there are other wepons that rquire exausting methods, because to get acces to the boss, it need more steps

Brakk ( Gsutrag Three)--Invasions and then wait to spawn

Detron (Zanuka Hunter) --Invasions and then wait to spawn (still farming one part!!)

PATOCYST - --Invasions and then repeat the same missions till all parts drop

And we have BRATON and LATO VANDAL....2% chance drop...

and there are more, i can remeber right now, so i dont understand why you say you cant be bothered to farm...!!!

And Time Gated? Do you Know arcane farming? Eidolons?? well its Time gated..so NOTHING NEW HERE!!!

😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

Well, you are forgetting, that lots of weapons have that method of aquisition...lots of them.

For example Acceltra and akarius, you have to repeat the same missons, and is a random drop by the enemys you kill.

Some wepons require you also repeat the same mission, like SEER ( killing the Vor)
And if we talk about frames..gezezz..lots o repetition in missions ( Equinox, Nidus, Ivara.... needs to talk whith you)

And there are other wepons that rquire exausting methods, because to get acces to the boss, it need more steps

Brakk ( Gsutrag Three)--Invasions and then wait to spawn

Detron (Zanuka Hunter) --Invasions and then wait to spawn (still farming one part!!)

PATOCYST - --Invasions and then repeat the same missions till all parts drop

And we have BRATON and LATO VANDAL....2% chance drop...

and there are more, i can remeber right now, so i dont understand why you say you cant be bothered to farm...!!!

And Time Gated? Do you Know arcane farming? Eidolons?? well its Time gated..so NOTHING NEW HERE!!!

😉

Why can't I be bothered to farm them... basically everything I said earlier.

As to the rest....

The acceltra/alarius could be done in one mission, you just had to keep going for it.... um did you forget this came with a new map with new rewards as well, so it was basically a bonus reward for doing the maps anyway.

Brakk/Detron...really... they're easy to get hold of in my experience and you can actually buy beacons from baro if you want them to spawn faster, same with stalker and it's weapons.

Every other mission you mentioned is pretty short and doesn't have people quitting half way through if the item they want hasn't dropped.... even the paracyst was quick to do once you figured out the meta....

Braton/lato vandal can actually be bought with plat if you wanted (as can the shedu), it's also a good spot for xp so it's not as bad, plus there is some small variation in eso due to maps changing.  Funnily enough I haven't bothered to farm this either because the weapons just aren't good enough for the effort required to get them and not wasting plat on mediocre weapons. 

Eidolons/arcanes... you do know that people have been complaining about the time gating on eidolons since release right.... and they're now being made 'easier' to attain the ones we want with the upcoming event thing....

Edited by LSG501
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Why can't I be bothered to farm them... basically everything I said earlier.

As to the rest....

The acceltra/alarius could be done in one mission, you just had to keep going for it.... um did you forget this came with a new map with new rewards as well, so it was basically a bonus reward for doing the maps anyway.

Brakk/Detron...really... they're easy to get hold of in my experience and you can actually buy beacons from baro if you want them to spawn faster, same with stalker and it's weapons.

Every other mission you mentioned is pretty short and doesn't have people quitting half way through if the item they want hasn't dropped.... even the paracyst was quick to do once you figured out the meta....

Braton/lato vandal can actually be bought with plat if you wanted (as can the shedu), it's also a good spot for xp so it's not as bad, plus there is some small variation in eso due to maps changing.  Funnily enough I haven't bothered to farm this either because the weapons just aren't good enough for the effort required to get them and not wasting plat on mediocre weapons. 

Eidolons/arcanes... you do know that people have been complaining about the time gating on eidolons since release right.... and they're now being made 'easier' to attain the ones we want with the upcoming event thing....

You arguments are very flawed..but ok...enough salt..
I will respond quonting you :

"Braton/lato vandal can actually be bought with plat if you wanted (as can the shedu)"


So if Shedu can be bought, waths the fuss ? No harm done by DE..Just Farm plat, and buy it! As you said also : " just need to figure out the meta"  to farm that plat..

 

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:
 
  •  


 

Edited by Alexcavalera
repetition
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

You arguments are very flawed..but ok...enough salt..
I will respond quonting you :

"Braton/lato vandal can actually be bought with plat if you wanted (as can the shedu)"


So if Shedu can be bought, waths the fuss ? No harm done by DE..Just Farm plat, and buy it! As you said also : " just need to figure out the meta"  to farm that plat..

 

 
  •  


 

Ah so valid counter points are flawed while ignoring the fact that most of yours were also flawed......

As I said I'm not going to spend plat on mediocre weapons, I have plenty of plat available to buy it if I want it.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...