Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Change to Baruuk's Lull and Desolate Hands

Kalvorax

Ive been using Baruuk a lot more lately and found it to be very enjoyable in high level content. Ive only got 2 issues peronsally with him.

A) His Lull takes FAR too long to put enemies to sleep and cant be recast while its already counting down. I feel that it should be recastable (I for one never sit in one spot waiting for enemies to fall asleep......) and make the enemies fall asleep faster (supposedly lower duration helps with this....but WHY should that even be part of the affect?)

B) Desolate Hands should not be used against melee enemies...it literally doesn't do anything meaningful to them and lowers Baruuks DR after going lower than 9 charges. Can it be made to ignore melee units? I also feel that it should affect the companion/sentinel automatically WITHOUT an augment.

41 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

A) His Lull takes FAR too long to put enemies to sleep and cant be recast while its already counting down. I feel that it should be recastable (I for one never sit in one spot waiting for enemies to fall asleep......) and make the enemies fall asleep faster (supposedly lower duration helps with this....but WHY should that even be part of the affect?)

Lowering duration also lowers the time they're asleep.

• Like 1

To me, Lull definitely feels like it was designed to look cool more than to function well. The "slow down until they're stopped" feature just takes too long and if I need it to actually prevent damage then it's a bit unreliable. The other annoying thing is that even the slightest chip of non-Desolate Hands damage wakes up enemies, which means it's really difficult to get good use out of it while you have a fast-firing Sentinel weapon equipped. I'd prefer if it worked like Ivara's Sleep Arrow, where enemies don't instantly wake up until they take a certain amount of damage. Otherwise it's just frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

Lull is the strongest sleep in the game. it leaves a wide area that lasts for 5 seconds allowing enemies that enter its aoe to also be slowed and slept. desolate hands can damage enemies under the effect of Lull without waking them up as well. it also resets enemies alert level. the draw backs it has are warranted.

its been an ongoing thing with warframe powers and situational usage. if you can kill enemies easily they dont need to be CCed. you can just use elude and wait until they are slept while building DR.

if you are looking for a finisher frame, there are faster options.

i completely agree though on your point about desolate hands affecting melee enemies.

• Like 2