Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas need an exalted weapon

Prof_Nick

Hey there,

Just dropping my two cents right here. I've been away for almost 2 years, just came back and got myself and Atlas Prime. I love smashing stuff, but seeing as most Warframes, whose abilities were dependent on weapons (like Peacemaker for Mesa), but for some reason, Atlas didn't get one. 

Now, I'm not the biggest min-maxer in town, but its still strange that some people still run around with Jaw Swords and whatnot with Atlas, instead of having a melee they actually like equipped.

No. No he doesn't. 

He has the ability to loot better, can place walls, summon golems and last, but not least, punch. He can punch, really, really hard. There is no need for him to have something like a fist exalted weapon, because in all honesty that would make his kit less unique, and more boring. 

• Like 4

Not every Frame needs to have an ability weapon, that should be something more special, IMO.
Plus not least, we already have Baruuk covering Fist weapons (well, Sparring I guess, whatever, close enough lol).

But, allowing you to mod his 1 independently from his "real" Melee choices
(along with a small buff to make up for the loss of Riven pwnage), that'd be super nifty, indeed.

Same for Khora, of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

ability to loot better

Nekros does it better

can place walls,

A useless ability 

summon golems

They kinda suck and the AI is crap

last, but not least, punch

Gets kinda stale after a little while

I believe Atlas needs a rework, just not an Exalted Weapon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prof_Nick said:

Just dropping my two cents right here

You can keep them. 🙂

Exalted weapons have provided nothing meaningful to the game. They're just gimmicks that have frequently faded in and out of usefulness since their creation. He doesn't need that.

If you mean that it should just be able to be modded separately, like an Exalted weapon, then I fully agree. Stat sticks generally suck so we shouldn't have to depend on them to make an ability effective.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

You can keep them. 🙂

Exalted weapons have provided nothing meaningful to the game. They're just gimmicks that have frequently faded in and out of usefulness since their creation. He doesn't need that.

If you mean that it should just be able to be modded separately, like an Exalted weapon, then I fully agree. Stat sticks generally suck so we shouldn't have to depend on them to make an ability effective.

That's exactly what I meant. So I reframe my original statement: 

- I should be able to use whatever melee weapon I wish and my 1st ability shouldn't deal less damage for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prof_Nick said:

That's exactly what I meant. So I reframe my original statement: 

- I should be able to use whatever melee weapon I wish and my 1st ability shouldn't deal less damage for it.

I disagree.

If you are using landslide there is no reason to ever use tour regular melee weapon. It is considerably more powerful and requires building its own combo meter for the most damage.

Atlas can facecream level 100 content with landslide. 

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

If you are using landslide there is no reason to ever use tour regular melee weapon.

For one, regular Melee weapons don't consume Energy.

Then you could also e.g. have differing elemental setups,
you can use proper Stances if you actually like fancy moves for some reason,
Zaws can make use of Exodia goodness, Heavy Attack Mods (like Life Strike) exist,
you could have more than (the meh / unmoddable) Landslide range when using a Gunblade / Glaive / whatnot,
there's other unique functionalities (stuff like Zenistar or Caustacyst comes to mind),
... plenty of reasons, really.

To be honest, I also have pondered about the way how Atlas's Landslide could be converted into an Exalted, because it comes with some nerfs and buffs. While it may allow the use of some specific mods to works with it, such as Shattering Impact and Pack Hunter (basically healing your pet as you naturally use an ability), it could also remove some benefits that you get from stat sticks. The combo counter of them specifically, since certain weapons like Furax Wraith (innate 25% increase in damage) or Venka Prime (can increase damage up to 4.0 times), and certain specific weapon mods (Dual Cleavers, Jaw Sword, etc.) and of course Rivens. Heck, apparently Kuva weapons with their bonuses can apply to Landslide (I've tested it, and it seems to work).

Now I think it could be possible to keep the way how the combo counter is shared between the two even when Landslide becomes an Exalted (since it doesn't 'replace' the current Melee weapon), but not so sure about the raw damage. Perhaps it wouldn't matter too much with Shattering Impact being available, since it would help against armor and scaling, but I don't think it would be unfair to ask for at least a +200% damage boost for Landslide. I know RIvens can go way higher, but I feel like that would be asking for too much.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

For one, regular Melee weapons don't consume Energy.

Then you could also e.g. have differing elemental setups,
you can use proper Stances if you actually like fancy moves for some reason,
Zaws can make use of Exodia goodness, Heavy Attack Mods (like Life Strike) exist,
you could have more than (the meh / unmoddable) Landslide range when using a Gunblade / Glaive / whatnot,
there's other unique functionalities (stuff like Zenistar or Caustacyst comes to mind),
... plenty of reasons, really.

Plenty of reasons to use a melee in general but i disagree that your reasons would make me less inclined to super spam landslide.

Landslide builds specifically make regular melee pointless by comparison. 

If Atlas would get an exalted weapon to replace his stone fist ability, it would mean that Gara and Khora would also need exalted weapons.
And if we go with the style that has already been established for other frames it would mean 250 damage, no acolyte or amalgam mods, zero scaling with combo multiplier apart for heavy attacks, set mods don't work if on the weapon itself etc.

It would be a massive nerf.