Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

à l’instant, Kylo. a dit :

Well Viral is gonna help with damage but Corrosive and Radiation deal extra damage to armoured Grineer.

there will always be ways around armor with warframes, so viral is where the dmg will be at on enemies lvl 2000+  corro+radia will do nothing there

1 minute ago, WeeDao said:

there will always be ways around armor with warframes, so viral is where the dmg will be at on enemies lvl 2000+  corro+radia will do nothing there

True, didn't think of Warframe abilities

Corrosive nerf eh. Okay. Magnetic still seems like a terrible status element to me but time will tell! If shields are more relevant i suppose the proc will be too.

Puncture is still entirely useless. We don't care how much damage an enemy does, dead = 100% damage reduction. The only ones that matter for this type of debuff are immune to status anyways.

The choice to raise arcane costs to 21 to max it out was entirely unnecessary. You guys control the dials and have decided to create this rank and the need for these arcanes to introduce a new grind, even after explicitly stating you were not introducing a new grind. Not impressed. Not drinking the kool-aid.

Are you going to take a look at the way damage over time effects are calculated while you are under the hood of status? Ie. Gas and toxin only benefiting from base damage and modded toxin damage? Ie. heat being an entirely useless towards gas damage calculations?

90% damage falloff on explosive weapons kinda defeats their purpose, don't you think? I'd scale that back to 50% or even just 35%. I don't see many explosive weapons dominating people's loadouts (Maybe bramma, but its new). Ignis is far more common, and surprise, it has a huge aoe with no damage falloff.

i have some complains on my own.

The cooldown is ridiculous. there shouldn't be cooldowns on arcanes,this is not going to achieve anything in the longrun. the same arcanes are still going to get used...

the rank 5 arcane should be just as efficient as a double rank 3 actual arcane.

for arcane, you missed the whole point, AGAIN, with these arcane changes. the trash arcanes that one no use still arne't going to be used, because they are TRASH, or too situational. no one will use them. a chance to resist a heat proc? yeah, lol. no one is gonna use this, guys. could you wake up? it's really insulting at that point that you would even think that it's gonna change how much arcanes are used. energize, grace, guardian and some weapon arcanes are still going to be the only one used, because they are the only arcanes that have practical use across the whole game. the rest is trash that will never, EVER be used in the present game seriously.

Have you considered fixing the way Armor and Adaptation function with each other these last few months, making all Warframes way more squishy than what they should be? your nerf, because at least be honest, this is a nerf, straight up, period, will achieve... nothing. literally nothing at all. because Grace/Guardian/Energize are USEFUL arcanes. the others aren't, and only a handful of other can be somewhat used. the rest isn't good at all, and you better get used to it, until you completely change the way they work. nobody wants to sacrifice a chance to get better armor, life or energy, for an immunity to... heat proc.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact.

past or not, this, is purely bad. they are explosive weapons. EXPLOSIVE. they are supposed to go boom. 50 falloff damage was WAY MORE than enough, and i strongly suggest you to review this again, this is way overkill. this means that pinpoint accuracy will be needed. for AN EXPLOSIVE WEAPON. What the HELL?! I seriously hope you'll change that. i for sure will come to the feedback complain about this, once tested in game, but this sounds absolutely atrocious. way overkill. unnecessary. you want explosive weapons to be used, or NOT?! the explosive radius is why explosive weapons are used... god damnit, guys. this is a complete joke. you can tell us if you don't want players to use explosive weapons, period. this complete and utter nerf basically says "we don't want people using explosive weapons" , so you're gonna nerf the only reason why people use explosive weapons. a grenade launcher that make tickles past 4 meter? a nuclear warhead bow that hugs the enemies past 5? what the #*!% DE? people want explosive weapons to be USED. with fun, AND efficiency, like basically almost every other weapons. your fears are ridiculous, now. can't wait for the feedback thread, cause this is completely a completely idiotic change. we want to be able to use our weapons to their full potential.  this will achieve the exact same thing. explosive weapons aren't worth using, so they aren't used. again. you come full circle. what's the point of explosive weapon if i need to be pinpoint accuracy? none.

also, a little joke...

The complete removal of Self Damage does change the pace of destruction with some of the game’s most powerful weapons

lol, who are you trying to convince, there? before kuva weapons, no self-damage weapons what so ever were even worth picking up for high level missions. only now are they even starting to feel like they are even worth considering.

Also, the nerf to corrosive isn't good. at high levels, status, all of them, needs to be scalable. with NO CAP. no status should have cap. this means that past a certain point, corrosive will not be useful anymore before it can't go past a certain point.

Also, self stagger on pox... lol, what the hell?

23 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframe Armor Buffs:

The following Armor Values are changing for Warframes:

Shouldn't the part below that be in a spoiler ?
It's a bit annoying to have to scroll past that.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mesa Prime: 85 to 125

I’ve been wanting this since I started using Mesa Prime regularly. Thank you very much.

I am a little bit worried about how Viral and Corrosive damage works now, but I’ll test things out before I make any judgements. I can’t wait to see how everything works out when the Switch version gets the mainline update.

Is there anything planned for status immune targets ?
These changes are good, but status are still useless on most of bosses and they are the only enemies strong enough for us to mod for. Maybe a status resistance instead of immunity would be welcome ? Reduced duration of effectivness could work.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Viral Status Effect deals 100% additional Health damage, subsequent Viral Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped).
Note: Before Viral would halve a target’s health pool and simply refresh the duration. Now it deals 2x Damage to Health, and can scale up to 4.5x Damage on repeat Status Effects. 

Does that mean the enemy gets weakened and I deal more damage or the viral proc deals more damage or the viral damage deals more damage?

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Passively removing 100% of an enemy's defenses is not an interesting choice

Actually all these time, only you guys the devs + a minority group of players(who don't like others enjoying the game) think that. To most players, everything advantageous to them is an interesting choice, thus they enjoy the game.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

No God please no. This will make gameplay not enjoyable at all and some might even avoid nearly every weapon because most weapons have and can deal Impact status. If we want knockdowns we already have Blast, I personally avoid blast because I don't want knockdowns (I use heat instead), but how can I avoid Impact besides an extremely small amount of weapons?

Also, no mention of Arcane Aegis being reworked into something useless? (Unless the wording in the workshop was completely off.)

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Blast

AoE Impact that goes through enhanced stages of Crowd Control and Knockdown with repeat Status.

Corrosive

The first Corrosive Status Effect strips 26% Armor. Subsequent Corrosive Status Effects strip 6% more Armor, leading up to 80% Armor removal.

Each Corrosive Status Effect lasts 8 seconds.
Note: Corrosive was the only Status with infinite Duration and 100% Efficacy toward a defensive stat. This was necessary to some based on how Armor Scaled. We feel our rebalancing efforts need a differently behaving Corrosive to balance out all Status overall. 

Radiation

The first Radiation Status Effect has an enemy deal 100% Damage to allies. Subsequent Radiation Status adds +50% damage, leading to up to 550% (capped). Each Radiation Status Effect has a duration of 12 seconds.

As a result of this overall systemic change, Weapons with Stagger will be getting approximately a 20% buff in Damage, with any weapons with AOE receiving a 50% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. 

This is no longer accurate after continued testing. What we are doing now is:

No damage buffs have been added, but any weapons with AOE are receiving ~20% increase in Radius. Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

OK so, :

Impact is AWFUL. This will make it so that getting headshots will be impossible, and in general will cause a stupid amount of enemy " moving ". Please change it really... make it like a stun... or wethever... just not a ragdoll. 

Blast: same as above, never liked it personally...

Corrosive: OUCH, that's a hard nerf... and more than the 100% compared to 80% the issue here is the improvements. I mean. 6% improvements ? that means that we will need to trigger 8 status to reach 80% armor strip, which is HUGE ! most enemies are dead in all those hits, not to mention this heaviuly hits slow weapons. And there is also a timer of 8 seconds too now !?!? like geee. With the timer at least then make it like a 25% armor reduction per status applied to a max of 75% per 8 seconds. But like this really corrosive has been killed.

radiation: Enemy damage is trash... we know it and we have seen it with how nyx mind control is never used. 500% more damage to enemies is not useful, Radiation in general is NEVER used to make enemies attack each other, it's used for CC and disrupting enemy buffs. So please change that to something useful really. I mean... even minor. Something like + 5% damage to this unit capping at 20%... even something minor will be more useful than what we have. 

Yikes, this is a huge nerf for these weapons, at least with the 20% more damage it was a tradeoff, now it's straight up nerf

That's all, the rest looks very cool

EDIT: ah right, aoe falloff. 90% is way too excessive. I can see a 50% falloff being reasonble. 90% is totally out of line

Huge meta changes. I'm seeing a lot of Status' / Arcanes / Weapons / Frames / etc which are going to be a lot more viable with all the changes in this mainline. Really really excited for this. 

"Our long-term goal with this change is to build upon this series of changes to allow Status to impact bigger threats like Liches and Eidolons and not just have blanket Immunity. "

This is also very exciting to me. Great work can't wait!

"Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after the Mainline."

Will the event be there to stay, a one off or something recurring like plague star or thermia fracture?

I admit being afraid of a hard grind on a limited period to get the arcanes.

Will the eidolon get a token system to get their currently droppable arcanes?

Thank you for the news.

1 minute ago, LeonardBlyx said:

Hmm, does this mean slash+viral synergy is dead? Because Slash proc was True Damage and probably won't benefit from Viral proc damage bonus. 

It say Health Damage, so probably Slash proc is benefiting from it too!

19 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Wait what? Ferrox getting an AOE self stun blast? Why? It never had an AOE hit before on its laser. Unless its for when the spear lands on impact? And even then, that never did any self damage unlike the Javlok. You sure you didn't mean to write Javlok instead of Ferrox?

Primary fire has a 3m radius AoE that does 100 impact damage on collision with something it can't punch through

Archived