[DE]Rebecca

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

Posted (edited)

First! Nice additions.

Seeing as how tombfinger works, this comes out as a nerf to the gun.

Edited by SnowyGreyish
  • Like 23

*Totally wasn't making EFHP Graphs*

• Like 7

Just now, Synpai said:

*Totally wasn't making EFHP Graphs*

Plug in some new data for graphing hotness 🙂

• Like 11

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Plug in some new data for graphing hotness 🙂

Fret not, the fruits of my labor will be born soon(TM) 😄

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Wait, is nidus the only one that didn't get armor changes?

EDIT: Yea, noticed there were others too

Edited by SnowyGreyish
  • Like 1

going to be interesting seeing how shotguns play once all of this is live.

I want more of these mainlines.

No armor buff for Nidus who cannot take advantage of shield gating, because he literally has no shields? For shame.

• Like 18

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

This is gonna be annoying.

Rest sounds good.

Edited by Kylo.
  • Like 15

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SnowyGreyish said:

Wait, is nidus the only one that didn't get armor changes?

valkyrs not on the list, so hes not the only one

(not that she needs an armor buff)

Edited by FoxyKabam
I cannot spell like a functioning adult human
  • Like 5

Some Warframes didn't receive buffs in your post (Rhino Prime, Exca, etc.) ; is this intended ? It's mostly because Rhino (and Prime) is supposed to be the "tank" but has somewhat "meh, not so tank" armor values. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Each Slash Status has its own duration, but now we only show a maximum of 10 damage numbers in the HUD, damage is unaffected, but reducing how many damage events we show helps with performance

I'm actually curious about this: is there a way (and would it improve performance) to have an option to make damage number displays additive? Some RPGs and RPG-like games display a single number that shows the total damage dealt to an enemy, reappearing and incrementing for each bit of damage done, instead of individual damage numbers.

I've been thinking it would be helpful just for player testing (it's a bit chaotic to pick out one number among 10-12 pellets sometimes!), but if it helps performance too...

38 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

I also think it's important to check this thread:

And the feedback from the first proposed Damage 3.0, where a number of complaints surrounded the ragdoll attached to Impact (I think it was second to the Slash changes, but I could be wrong).

EDIT: I should also point out that this contravenes the enemy shield gating concept: Impact is effective against shields, and headshots / weakpoint shots are meant to bypass the shield gating. So the status that is effective against shields has a proc that makes an anti-shield tactic much more difficult. It doesn't mesh.

Edited by Tyreaus
Impact
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

valkyr's not on the list, so hes not the only one

(not that she needs an armor buff)

Health Buff, to the likes of Ash would have been nice.

Edited by Kylo.
  • Like 3

This feels like a Throwback Thursday. Damage 2.5 (Or 3.0?) is finally here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wait what? Ferrox getting an AOE self stun blast? Why? It never had an AOE hit before on its laser. Unless its for when the spear lands on impact? And even then, that never did any self damage unlike the Javlok. You sure you didn't mean to write Javlok instead of Ferrox?

Edited by Cmdr-A
  • Like 3

I have one question: Will we get ragdolled if we shoot a missile at our feet? 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
16 минут назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Why: We think being consistent is key. Passively removing 100% of an enemy's defenses is not an interesting choice, and we were completely inconsistent in this regard with Auras (i.e the efficacy of 4x Corrosive Projections vs 4x Shield Disruptions). Expect these Auras to reach somewhere in the 60-80% Range when 4x are equipped as we are still testing.

You can 't balance auras , just make these 2 auras in 100% . You make this game more difficult for ordinary players who already do not know how to do anything , and they still do not take these auras with them .

Edited by --Q--namenBARS
  • Like 3

il y a 12 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Viral Status Effect deals 100% additional Health damage, subsequent Viral Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped).

Viral will be the new meta, magnetic is interesting, toxin is better tho so we dont care, puncture is interesting, need testing inVHL endless,  the reste isnt really interesting, beside impact who's gonna annoy the hell out if headshoters

Viral change, much like the nerf to cold long ago and now another one (where it no longer gives condition duration/slowed expiry time but not tick time of all other status procs and effects) seem like mistakes when it comes to potential build depth.

Also WHY THE HELL do the Ferrox and Pox have self stagger? One is a damn laser beam, other other a sac of poison that barely tickles enemies/only exists for status spread.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gaikki said:

I have one question: Will we get ragdolled if we shoot a missile at our feet? 

*skyrim battle music intensifies*

• Like 1

Ma boi Oberon Prime gets no buff 😞

Contrary to major players, I like the nerf to Corrosive and Viral. It balances the enemy armor scaling nerf, and also makes Radiation+Corrosive pair more lethal since there still be 20% armor left for the Radiation bonus damage to apply.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, WeeDao said:

Viral will be the new meta, magnetic is interesting, toxin is better tho so we dont care, puncture is interesting, need testing inVHL endless,  the reste isnt really interesting, beside impact who's gonna annoy the hell out if headshoters

Well Viral is gonna help with damage but Corrosive and Radiation deal extra damage to armoured Grineer.