The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

i'm curious that you are reviewing to begin with.

it's as simple as 2 + 2

enemy ragdoll = less weakspot shot opportunity, AKA less damage, AKA NOT a wanted damage type. it's surprising you evne thought that forcing this on more than half the weapons in game was a good idea to begin with.

12 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

That's not a valid counter-argument to anything I said, which I'm assuming is why you didn't bother leaving anything I said in the quote.

I've already pointed out to someone else why it's naive to assume that this operation is going to be rare. There are too many systems tied to it. It's not a one-off random lore event like Plague Star or Acolytes or something. It's introducing actual gameplay systems.

Actually it is a valid counter point, you've even supported it with plague star and acolytes... they appear twice and once a year at best iirc.

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you. As funny as it is to see enemies sent flying, it also means our loot goes with them and our gunshots can miss by a large margin. Even a Lifted status effect would be better than sending my target across the room or into the skybox.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I too hated using Astilla, Boar, Strun, Sobek, Phantasma, Buzlok, Grakata, Karak, Gorgon, Grinlok, Chakkhurr, Burston. can't wait to see them get screwed by impact changes /s

And you console players are the whiniest of the group. You complain before even testing. You *@##$ about every change. Most of the I HATE this I see comes from XB1 and PS4.

The only that doesn't join is SWITCH cause they have the sense to test before complaints

1 minute ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

It's not. Which is why you have nothing more to say about it beyond asserting it.

pmsl read my edit...

I'm not the one backing you up with my responses... you're supporting my points with your own replies.

Wowzer, corrosive status, corrosiver projection, toxin procs, all staples of the meta because of their efficasy. I'm not crying foul, can't wait to test it out, but boy are there going to be changes to people's builds.

That all said.

Are we really going to go into the railjack-centric operation still missing the solo path for railjack? Not even a command intrinsic preview to give solo players something?

18 minutes ago, (NSW)crunk said:

He doesn't need buffs lmao he's already as strong as he is. By the way you're speaking about things, you make it seems like you don't utilize his 3rd ability if at all. 

no no, I was merely noticing he wasn't getting changes and immediately after noticed he wasn't the only one as was my initial notion xD nothing more. not related to his playstyle or my ability to utilize him 🙂

5 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

How about making aoe weapons deals diminishing 100% to 50% damage within their original (older) explosion radius, and the 50% falling to 10% on the extra bit of explosion radius buffed in upcoming update? instead of just straight up 100%-10% fall off ratio from epicenter to new outer radius cuz that way the decent damage ratio would be less than the old explosion radius.

Let's not forget that some explosives doesn't even explode unless the projectile traveled far enough;
Corinth alt fire, Acceltra, Kuva Tonkor.

These can't even be exploded under your feet and still getting the splash damage diminishing is a bit much on the consequences.

The change on Blast’s proc will effectively nerf my Sentinel weapons that wanted enemies knocked down to the ground. I used Artax to proc Blast to make enemies fall to the ground with the guaranteed Cold proc to keep them down longer. 

I’m not sure how I feel about this now.

As I'm reading through the post I continue to wonder whether the person who thought out these changes ever played this game.

1 час назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

No damage buffs have been added, but any weapons with AOE are receiving ~20% increase in Radius. Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

This is complete bull. You yourself have added weapons like Kuva Bramma that have so terrible accuracy it can literally drop an explosive bolt under your feet. And what are you proposing now? To add ridiculous falloff to explosive(and how the hell did Opticor ended up there?) weapons, some of which are absolutely inaccurate, and rely on the bloody explosion to do at least _some_ damage. You bloody what, mate?

Just now, SnowyGreyish said:

no no, I was merely noticing he wasn't getting changes and immediately after noticed he wasn't the only one as was my initial notion xD nothing more. not related to his playstyle or my ability to utilize him 🙂

Yeah, he and others didn't get buffs but I don't believe they realistically need it, especially nidus lol

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually it is a valid counter point, you've even supported it with plague star and acolytes... they appear twice and once a year at best iirc.

And yet, I've also mentioned ghouls and thermia fractures... which, need I remind you, in the case of thermia fractures, are required to play certain content, and are readily available with very little downtime.

Scarlet Spear has presented as being a launching point for a lot of future content.

The existence of plague star and acolytes doesn't reinforce your concerns. There are different events in this game that have different rarity and durations. Your argument is invalid and your concerns are nothing short of assumptions you're making in order to keep your conspiracies and fearmongering alive.

I don't always say stuff but this time I had to,

(Before anything, I know the changes are not out yet and we yet dont know how much in game it will effect these changes till we get to try them. But still I had to say these. Hopefully it will not be as bad as it is written because as already someone said, it feels like an out of season April fools joke. I am just ranting because I couldn't take it anymore.) 

I don't know where this even started from, why nerf explosive weapons like that? 

So it started from when people complained about Kuva Bramma and self damage. You guys couldn't make "cautious shot" compatible with it for some reason, Didn't introduce a new mod that would do the same, instead decide to remove the self damage completely. Ok fine I read the reason and also the part in devstream where u guys said that Just because of chroma, all frames shouldn't suffer. I understood all of it. 

What other changes u guys did? add a stagger > ragdollingl effect for explosives. Ok sounds logical. But why on earth did u guys have to change damage fall off from center and all of those? 50% was enough as is, Explosive weapons were not completely broken. It was a fun class of weapons we used to make fun and enjoy the game for what it is. Increasing the range of the blast by 20% doesn't do much of the damage control. Not only that, u guys cancelled the 20% damage buff those weapons were gonna get. If u actually kept that, the nerf would actually be tolerable at some degree. 

Impact status wasn't bad enough and u had to make it worse? I understand trying to "improve" the other statuses but this change was a clear indication that none took into the consideration that majority of the player would hate it (just like blast setting of enemies out of range)  I sure hope things are not as bad as it looks now in the name of "fixes" and "changes" in game. Because these forums exists so that players can give feedback. Hope U guys in DE are actually seeing the reaction of all these players. So take that into consideration. 

PS: I still repeat that we still don't have the game experience of the new update yet, so it may not be as bad as it looks, but still. It doesn't look so great as of now. Just ahd to say that.. 

Good luck to everyone.

Oh almost forgot.. Can we please get new nightwave already? 

26 minutes ago, Riccoshot said:

Imagine being so basic of a human being, you'd ve williing to post by-the-books contrarian tantrum just for the sake of it, without accounting for surface level things like IPS status weight distribution and forced (Impact included) procs.🤡

Well it takes one to know one. "Look at the big words I use to sound like I know jack poop about this game."

Hey I got it if you don't like how impact works USE ANOTHER WEAPON THAT ISN"T IMPACT BASED.

And until the devs hold a gun to you head and hold up your family for ransom so they can steal your money and FORCE you to do their will...... You don't have an argument.

They nerfed Chroma and I moved on to another frame till they fixed it. What happened to everyone's opinion counts (Unless it goes against yours I guess). Sound like my 5 year old neice that complains when you don't give her what she wants.

58 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

For all the idiots complaining about Impact Procs. 

Unless you are using mainly impact weapons or have 300% to 400% status on your weapons that deal mostly Impact you will not notice it. 

You do know that several melee weapon stances have forced impact procs even if the weapon itself has 0 impact damage, right? Heck, Rending Crane (Heavy Blade) has impact procs in all of its individual hits in all 4 of its combos.

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i don't believe it, the Beam just has physical width like how Opticors' Beam was finally given width. which isn't an Explosion (unlike Opticors' contact Explosion which is an Explosion).

Its true. Battacor does have an AOE explosion on a full charge shot. Though  its sometimes a bit inconsistent, but its there, and has a radius about 6 to 8 meters.

Archived