Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

F corrosive, understand why u do it, but the word corrosive mean eating armour so idk how the armour came back after x second lol, this also kill a lot of weapon when people use for stripping armour.

Slash + Viral still king, now Viral will be a mutplier to buff slash into the infinite even faster 

Rad good when a bunch of enemies stand near each other aka for infest

Impact still trash, rag doll just create more troll weapon/player u already have

Cold do a better job than Punc, if the enemies slow af and u jumping around, they cant hit u > 100% damage mitigation, tbh just rework Punc at this point 

Feels bad for heat, can have like a burst Aoe damage on sequence application make it a potent pseudo Aoe for weapon that focus on Heat build and dont have aoe

Blast improve ? still make enemies fall down > can be annoying 

Gas/toxin always been good now with lower armour value potential to rival Slash/Viral combo

Arcanes, cool i guess, some stronger and some still .... useless why do i need an arcane to boost how im using K-drive ? also K-drive is not a core mechanic so it basicly useless in "classic" Warframe gameplay

Yeah um, that’s no on the adding Ragdoll to Impact procs. It was part of the reason nobody wanted damage 2.5. So maybe don’t implement parts of it into the game.

Also, doesn’t your puncture change directly interfere with the radiation change?

Also, is this the “double procs” we were told about? Because they seem incredible lackluster, and I don’t see how this will negate the shotgun status nerf.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

no. developers will be called on their BS. the nerf to arcanes changes literally nothing. NOTHING. the same arcanes will still be used. so there is nothing to test, someone with half a brain knows when something is bad. if the trash arcanes aren't changed to be more useful in all the game, they won't be used, end of discussion. it seems this subject is a little too complicated for you to understand. these changes will not achieve anything, and the same arcanes will still be used. therefor making it bad, because it didn't achieved anything it was aiming to. people don't get used to bullcrap. they fight it. if players see DE do absolute crap, they will be called out on it. that's how you make a game better. you don't submissively swallow the huge load DE is giving you, as you seem to do. you criticize. that's how you make something better. so it can improve.something you must not be familiar with.

So I be a $&*^ to the people that can ban me from a game I enjoy to fight with them over....... nothing that will get nowhere....... And if the same arcanes will be used then what do you have to complain about...... nothing...... So why waste my time and yours on something that matters little that won't change anything.....

LOL I am not the one with no brain dude. Sometimes a battle is won by doing nothing then by doing something. Else it would be better. For all the complaining that LifeofRio, Mogamu, and others have done what has it changed? Nothing. DE is not EA. You want to make a change yell at EA, Bioware, Bethesda, Activision. When you can change those games to be even an ounce of what DE is then come back. 

Thanks for the update! I still have a couple of questions about these new mechanics based on the wording from Part 1 that I didn't see answered here. As follows:

Armor / Health / Shield: Are these changes also going to impact the armor/health/shields on things like Capture targets, NPC Defense targets, Kavor Defectors, etc.?

Shield Gating: When you say "headshots or shots to weakspots," do those weakspots include the ones that are highlighted by Banshee's Sonar and the like?

Self Damage Changes: "The degrees of Self-Interrupt start with a small stumble all the way to full knockdown" - Will mods that affect knockdown resist/recovery affect this new mechanic?

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In addition to Self Damage being removed, some of the more powerful AOE weapons without Self Damage presently will have the Stagger added, but it should only be noticeable in cases of extreme inaccuracy on the player’s part.

Please quantify "extreme inaccuracy". It's not "inaccuracy" when I aim at the feet of an enemy on purpose. EX: I don't aim the Shedu at enemies, I aim the Shedu at their feet, because the splash damage and proc on hitting the ground is more fun as an explosion than hitting one enemy head-on, because ragdolling is fun to watch and the floor-explosion makes up for crappy aim. How close to my feet does this start affecting me and the fun I'm having sending mobs into space?

"Proximity to the player" would seem to be a better descriptor than "inaccuracy". "Inaccuracy" also means "missed and the bullet went into the sun". Can you instead give us a hard number for what distance the AOE will start giving us problems with stagger? ex: 5 meters, 10 meters, etc.?

8 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

So I be a $&*^ to the people that can ban me from a game I enjoy to fight with them over..

yes. you fight against them ( or argue, depends ) so they can improve the game. you apparently have no idea the fight it was to finally give every companions vacuum, and even then DE begrudgingly did it, just so we shut up. you call on Dev's BS to make the game better.

And if the same arcanes will be used then what do you have to complain about...... nothing.

becuase in the end, the said arcanes that people use sitll are worse. so it does not change "nothing" . it just makes the only good options worse. nothing else.again, you are unable to see how they will be affected.

When you can change those games to be even an ounce of what DE is then come back. 

these people will never listen. but DE at least does, when pushed enough. and as a player, it's your job to make sure the game always improve, rather than passively accepting everything as sacred and unable to speak negatively about. i want to make this game better by criticizing it. that's how you see that someone care about something. this person wants it to be better.  if you passively accept everything the devs makes us, without saying anything, then you are a part of the problem. you are not acting to make it better.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yes. you fight against them ( or argue, depends ) so they can improve the game. you apparently have no idea the fight it was to finally give every companions vacuum, and even then DE begrudgingly did it, just so we shut up. you call on Dev's BS to make the game better.

becuase in the end, the said arcanes that people use sitll are worse. so it does not change "nothing" . it just makes the only good options worse. nothing else.again, you are unable to see how they will be affected.

these people will never listen. but DE at least does, when pushed enough. and as a player, it's your job to make sure the game always improve, rather than passively accepting everything as sacred and unable to speak negatively about.

No you don't. And I have not seen any of the norm arcanes that are getting worse which is a lie on your part.

And wrong. It is not my job to sit for hours a day telling a dev what to do. I have real life things to do. Other games to play. Girls to flirt with. Constructive Feedback is generally positive. Calling the devs idiots, bs, incompetent or otherwise does not help. Unless your a masochist. If it was our job we would be paid for it.

Like it or not you pay to have a chance to play. Paying does not give you any rights at all. YOU do not own the IP. YOU do not have shares in the company to demand anything. YOU are not a governement official. That DE listens is a blessing but they are under no legal obligation to listen to you at all. That is an ENTITLED mindset. 

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one." Friendly manner non oppositional. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Staticor

So there is going to be no reason to charge it ever (again)? Nerfing this weapon makes absolutely no sense. The charge up for the big AoE already held it back enough, now it's just not going to do any damage on further away from the center.

Why the fall off to already small AoE weapons like tombfinger and why 90%. That's way too much. You need to make guns able to compete with melee weapons, not nerf the few that can into the ground.

14 minutes ago, eboomer said:

An issue I see with that is that if you get a damage over time proc, and a viral proc, then without removing the proc itself, you could be in a position where you know you're going to die and can't do anything about it.  Granted you could just put rolling guard on literally every build (yay build diversity!), but I'm not sure how the community would react to that situation were it to become common.

Maybe it could be a reduction in healing strength?

Perhaps. Or just change more stuff to remove status effects. I honestly think every ability that puts a defensive buff (Shatter Shield, Kinetic Plating, Splinter Storm...) should remove and make immune to status effects just like Iron Skin and Warding Halo does. There is also that one mod, I forget it's name. Goes on Wyrm or Djinn that removes status effects. A couple frames already can do it. Maybe a status effect removal that happens with burst heals but not HOT/Regen heals?

Unrelated: I still think Ember's heal mod should be a Heal Over Time instead of a burst.

4 hours ago, Asdryu said:

my -impact rivens are gonna be so good with this lol. Take that, you (I'm not even part of any riven movement, but making fun of your biased holier-than-thou attitude was too attractive)

I was joking I am undercover Riven Dealer don't expose dued!!

Warframe Armor Buffs:

Again, have to question the reluctance at working on replacing the Launch Pad for Vauban, but otherwise, more armor for squishier warframes is never a bad thing imho.

Depth of Status Changes

Okay... I'll read and write as I see:

Slash: As long as it actually isn't touching the damage, I don't see an issue here. Reducing performance, cool. Not bypassing shields sucks, but shields really aren't an issue too much, given, you know, how easily we flatten everything.

Impact: No comment since it is under work, but thankfully its not gonna ragdoll. Remember IPS 2.5 with Khora? Yeah, you got a lot of comments regarding how bad an idea it was. Someone pointed out having it open enemies to finishers/mercy, I'd be fine with this...If they survive the first barrage.

Puncture: Useless. 75% damage drop? You know why we don't care? Dead things have 0 damage. If it comes with the weapon, fine, but it won't be of any interest to build for, unlike Slash.

Cold: So... Puncture but slows enemies down? Again, see above. Don't see a point in building for it, if it comes innately then so be it. I'd honestly prefer it over Puncture because of the slow.

Heat: No change, no comment.

Toxin: Nerfed to match slash, no real comment here. 7 ticks over 6 seconds instead of 9 ticks over 8 seconds. No surprise

Electricity: AoE damage proc on reapply. Uuuuh... Why not AoE stun on second proc, like Volt's fourth? Whatever, only really good on shields.

Blast: Accuracy debuff. Know what sets their accuracy to 0? Death. See Puncture and Cold. If they're dead, they don't have to shoot us. I can see this being more useful with how many weapons we have with blast innately, but no reason still.

Corrosive: Net nerf across the board, kinda understood why with the armor changes, but I can repeatedly do this until I get 80% armor strip for 8 seconds.... OR, or, I can get a fire proc which strips 50%, forces enemies to panic and hold still, AND deals damage. Uhhh, Yeah.

Radiation: Looks... Okay, I'm trying to be optimistic, but ONLY 550%? Need I remind you that Amalgam Magazine Warp for Javlok had 6000% and wasn't considered enough to use effectively against enemies. Add another two 0s to the start and end of that number and ensure it only, ONLY, ONLY, affects the units allies, THEN I would have some interest. As it stands, it does nothing, and I have questions regarding its execution that would lead me to think that radiation procs are gonna buff enemy units against Tenno.

Magnetic: Huuuuuge buff. I'm fine with this, Magnetic was considered sub-par anyways. This is gonna be huge for shield sorties, at the very least.

Viral: Uuuh. Uh. Much like Magnetic, this is a huge buff. Its gone from doubling the damage you put down at the risk of returning the half missing once the proc ends to roughly x4.25 the damage output at full stack, otherwise starting at the same start original viral did, without the risk of the enemy getting its health back.

So, net result, high pellet/automatic status weapons become the new huge thing, if not, hybrid builds work just as well if not even better.

Self Damage + AoE Weapons

So, no damage buff (A few of those launcher weapons NEED IT. Like Ogris), several weapons get the stagger system added to them (Somekinda make sense... Pox? Wut? Cyanex? Wut?), buffed radius...But horribly nerfed radius falloff. Uh, why?

The complete removal of Self Damage does change the pace of destruction with some of the game’s most powerful weapons, so we want to make sure we can iterate upwardly instead of releasing a bonanza of explosions with no other choices. 

...Most powerful? What? No, maybe some of the newer weapons, sure, but launchers have never been the most powerful. Maybe for dealing with crowds, but melee very easily takes that with how close quarters some of these areas are, if not, shotguns very easily sweep through hallways or some of our better rifles do just as well. But most powerful? Please DE, this is a joke if I've ever read it, if not, then this is such a horrible overnerf that I am left questioning here again the normal phrase of "Are you guys serious?".

Oh, "Mercy" vulnerability. Suggestion with this: have certain things reliably activate the condition and then like a 2-3 second invincibility window perhaps? So I can decide instead of them dying before I get a chance? Also if I take mercy on an enemy, maybe instead killing them They Drop an item from their table on the ground, Do an animation (make them do a random dance or something), and run away... because I am... I don't know... Taking Mercy....

Friendly manner non oppositional. 

friendly reminder : friendly feedback never worked, for DE. either you make a lot of noise, or it doesn't work. what you fail to understand is that DE isn't the boss of their game. it's the player. if there is no more player, there is no more money. so DE have to change how a game function to keep players, to keep getting money.  someone as smart as you should understand something this basic, but i suppose it flies over your head. i care about this game, and will give my feedback, as negative and abrasive as it is agianst the devs, to make the game better. these are mistakes that DE did in the past, founded on chimera, dreams, unfounded fears. everytime proven wrong, but they do it again and again. there is no patience for that anymore. you either make it clear and brutal, or they won't listen. this was tried a long time ago, doesn't work. so not anymore. it seems you weren't there long enough to learn how DE works. good on you, keep your innocence and blissful illusions. that's for the better i suppose, while on my side, i will try to make the game better to play on my own little scale of player.

continuing arguing with you at this point will be useless, as you clearly don't understand how things goes here.

1 minute ago, TheEternalJester said:

Again, have to question the reluctance at working on replacing the Launch Pad for Vauban, but otherwise, more armor for squishier warframes is never a bad thing imho.

I don't know if I just have more creativity or others don't think about it, or what... but I like Launch Pad. I have set it up at choke points so enemies walking in get flung into my net. It is hilarious to watch. Also when doing other types of missions I leave them on the ground to give myself a little boost as I run over them and give people behind me a little boost to catch up.

Just now, mikakor said:

friendly reminder : friendly feedback never worked, for DE. either you make a lot of noise, or it doesn't work. what you fail to understand is that DE isn't the boss of their game. it's the player. if there is no more player, there is no more money. so DE have to change how a game function to keep players, to keep getting money.  someone as smart as you should understand something this basic, but i suppose it flies over your head. i care about this game, and will give my feedback, as negative and abrasive as it is agianst the devs, to make the game better. these are mistakes that DE did in the past, founded on chimera, dreams, unfounded fears. everytime proven wrong, but they do it again and again. there is no patience for that anymore. you either make it clear and brutal, or they won't listen. this was tried a long time ago, doesn't work. so not anymore. it seems you weren't there long enough to learn how DE works. good on you, kepe your innocence and blissful illusions. that's for the better i suppose, while on my side, i will try to make the game better to play on my own little scale of player.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Essentially you are saying they are just as bad as EA. And when your gone another player will take your place. They are hardly loosing any money despite your antics. 

Doesn't make you better just makes you more of a bully. And unless your feedback has actually changed anything I'm not inclined to believe that you all powerful player have changed anything they Already didn't want to change.

All you will do in the end is kill a good game and turn DE into EA cause eventually they will stop listening because a gun to the head and a spluttering idiot cursing at them will never make any changes. And I know alot of those who play this game who don't like those like you. So go ahead keep spluttering..... if it makes you feel better

Why isnt puncture reworked into an actual puncture mechanic?

Something like puncture status proc increases the damage of puncture attacks by 50%, each puncture status proc increases the damage by 10% more up to a cap of 150%. Kinda like how viral works but it would only impact the puncture damage part of a weapon. So puncture makes itself get stronger and stronger.

edit: Or to make it more useful, have the status effect benefit all IPS damage.

2 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Doesn't make you better just makes you more of a bully. And unless your feedback has actually changed anything I'm not inclined to believe that you all powerful player have changed anything they Already didn't want to change.

vacuum. they didn't wanted to give it to anyone else than carrier, period. this was a huge problem for the game, and only through a lot of complains did they, against their will, put it to first every sentinels, and then every pets. and they really didn't wanted to. it's only because of player backlash and feedback that they caved and finally put it in. alone, a player is nothing on a game. together, if enough players are grouped together, they can change things up.

2 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

And I know alot of those who play this game who don't like those like you.

well, other games don't like abrasive feedback after years of the devs repeating the same mistake? big #*!%ing deal.

Putting ragdolling or other effects that makes headshots and follow-up hits harder is a REALLY bad idea on a damage type that's built-in for most weapons. Blast is fine, since you add it yourself or choose specific weapons for the Blast effect most of the time, but Impact should do no such thing.

1 hour ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Waiting 4 seconds when shields are gone ( and the gating mechanic takes over ) before they start replenishing seems like a big nonsense because here's the scenario according to how it was worded so far :

Frame takes "fatal" hit, shields get depleted, gating steps in, 1 second of invulnerability i suppose, and now we have 3 additional seconds at 0 shields before they start regenerating ?

Absurd.

There's already a 3 second shield recharge delay currently. This is a buff to hits that don't fully deplete your shields and gives you a full second to react to that fact when they do. This is a positive change, tenno. 

Archived