Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

Majority of the AOE weapons don't deserve the 90% damage fall off guys..only BRAMMA is a problem just nerf that weapon

The rest of the AOE weapons aren't strong enough to justify this change and it defeats the purpose of AOE too,please reconsider this 🙏

Just now, abhi1913 said:

Majority of the AOE weapons don't deserve the 90% damage fall off guys..only BRAMMA is a problem just nerf that weapon

bramma isn't even a problem, when there's weapon better than it, with less head-aching mechanic inducing. the problem is DE and their pueril and scared balance philosophy. bramma was the only GOOD launcher weapon. but now it won't even be, because they can't even fathom a launcher being a good weapon.

Puncture is an artifact of ancient weirdness made only more weird with this update. All the other effects make some modicum of sense with the element they represent, but putting holes in people doesn't make the bullets in their guns hurt less. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

How bout just making punctual boost other elemental damages? Idk

I like this a lot. Iteratively add to elemental weaknesses so that other elements that are strong against the health type get stronger. Like Puncture is an injection needle.

54 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Just spam exploiter orb, its 12k standing a orb and you can easily YEET it solo as a wisp with a power strength build & a tomb finger, already farmed around 12 toroid casually in the past 2ish days and i plan to hit 20 before the end of tonight. Plus with all the changes that are a happening, i would not be amazed if profit taker got a good chunk smidgeon easier

oh I went and traded for my magnus arcanes, I have enough torids to hit max rank and beyond with vox, its the systems grind that makes me want to drink a gallon of bleach. Good point with profit taker though, less armor would help that boss fight feel less like drilling into my own skull with a dull bit.

I'm optimistic about the coming changes, that said DE still has a lot more work to do if they truly want to start setting up some consistency and respecting my time as a player/customer.

I appreciate you all taking the time to continue discussing this with us but there is one thing that bugs me.

I really don't agree with capping armor stripping at 80% mostly because armor is such a massive force multiplier for enemy hp. Its not like shields where its just a extension of the hp bar it multiplies the durability of a enemy and its nature is pretty much the entire reason it became a problem. Also making corrosive time limited is a terrible idea because that makes corrosive projection even more of a must have because the only non frame option for armor stripping other than it is unreliable now. While the sentiment of making corrosive less of a must have is understandable this is not going to increase build variety, only make the ones still used a bit weaker but still far better than anything else.

I agree with or am ambivalent about most everything else, and I do like that the stagger effect is being standardized for every weapon that has a aoe.

Edit: Nevermind I missed that explosives are getting a 90% damage falloff so I have another thing to complain about. It mostly seems a bit high for a falloff, though i understand the idea why at a minimum i feel it should be 80%, though I would be happier with 50%. Part of the fun of using explosives in warframe is aiming to hit as many people with the blast radius as possible and a change like this makes that far, far worse.

35 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

pretty sure thats the reason why u can change the dmg type with arcanes. if u dont want void strap heat, electric or viral on it

i am not saying that void status itself shouldnt maybe get a bit better (maybe relate it to ur focus tree (voidblast node) --> urunai magnetize, zenurik slow, naromon, disarm/ confusion ?, madurai extra fira dmg (helps with eidolons + melt + voltshields), vazarin (a bit more difficult, would be shield? so it would need to register "status proc" on allies? status proc on enemy inflect them with new status. dmg target replenishes gives attacker x shield

Still doesn't negate the fact that the Void status proc can't stack, so it doesn't fit in with the latest status changes.

Being able to change the damage type into something not-terrible doesn't make the Void damage type any less terrible. Those arcanes are a bandaid fix to a deeper issue that they have the opportunity to resolve right now.

Puncture's status effect still makes little sense. And even a 75% damage reduction to a single enemy is really bad, when either:
1)There are other 99 enemies you need to worry about.
or 2)The enemy's damage can still one-shot an inaros with every single shot of it's machinge gun.

But let's say the status ends up being extremely good.
I would still be against it as it doesn't make sense thematically.
Slash makes you bleed
Impact knocks you over
Puncture... makes your bullets hurt less?

Using the effects suggested. Perhaps puncture could have a similar effect as Magnetic and Viral, but for armor.
First puncture Status Effect deals 100% additional damage to enemies with armor, subsequent puncture Status add +25% for a total of 325%

oh timers on status effects, nice. now all weapons that aren't rapid fire are garbage.

why does impact ragdoll? can i actually headshot in a shooter please? make it so that impact stun's the enemy. done. the enemy can't move for 2 seconds = impact useful.

cooldowns on arcanes? so more arcanes are useless now. nice , why use a arcane if it can't be up 100% of time?...i mean add them to all arcanes, so there's legit no point in having a arcane.

so more grind? 25 arcanes to max out...to lv 5... what? why? why can't we get other rewards, like weapon skins.

so explosion has less radius... what's the point then? i don't care about tonkor.

warframe is meant to be fun. the only FUN thing i see is the armor buffs... wheres excal, valkyr , nidus armor buff however?

I was legit hyped when i saw the stream, now i'm scared.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Self Damage + AoE Weapons

In addition to Self Damage being removed, some of the more powerful AOE weapons without Self Damage presently will have the Stagger added, but it should only be noticeable in cases of extreme inaccuracy on the player’s part. The Weapons include: 

Kuva Chakkurr

Opticor

Opticor Vandal

Battacor

Simulor

Synoid Simulor

Ferrox

Astilla

Shedu

Kuva Seer

Cyanex

Staticor

Pox

Tombfinger

Granmu Prism

Exard Scaffold

What about Archguns?

Grattler

Kuva Ayanga

20 minutes ago, mikakor said:

bramma isn't even a problem, when there's weapon better than it, with less head-aching mechanic inducing. the problem is DE and their pueril and scared balance philosophy. bramma was the only GOOD launcher weapon. but now it won't even be, because they can't even fathom a launcher being a good weapon.

^^ Which is why i normally see “NeRf BraMMa” Threads pointless. The way DE create Launchers is really messed up and it has been before Bramma became a thing too. Kuva Bramma came to the Game performing like how a MR 15 Primary should do instead of being ignored as Fodder.

That Impact knockdown ragdolling on impact proc stack needs to be scrapped. It sounds like a terrible idea. It will be way too annoying since a lot of weapons have impact.

It will be insanely annoying trying to score consequent headshots with IPS weapons if your targets will get ping ponged across the room because of a impact proc.

Change it to anything but not a ragdoll/kockdown.

4 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

^^ Which is why i normally see “NeRf BraMMa” Threads pointless. The way DE create Launchers is really messed up and it has been before Bramma became a thing too. Kuva Bramma came to the Game performing like how a MR 15 Primary should do instead of being ignored as Fodder.

Yes.  The fundamental distaff is disparity in gear between newer players and older ones.  Yes, people who have only been playing the game for two years are in many ways newer players.  A lot of people simply haven't seen level 200-300, so on enemies, and weren't here back when level 100+ enemies were that equivalent way back in the single digit Us.  They see a launcher clear out all the level 40 enemies an go "oh noes it's the end of the world, too much OP!  MuSt nErF!"  (Tonkor).  Now they see a launcher able to clear most sortie enemies and feel the same way.  Meanwhile RJ enemies and Sentients... "LoL, did you tickle me with that puny Bramma?"

No guys, weapons that can kill level 100-120 sortie enemies aren't OP.  They aren't even particularly strong.  Do you guys not realize that because of their base level stats a level 40 corpus in the OV has roughly the same EHP as the same corpus at level 160 elsewhere?  How about the RJ enemies where a level 40 enemy is comparable to a level 400-600 enemy of the same kind elsewhere?  THAT is what the better launchers need to be doing at least half or even a third damage against, to even be viable weapons.  Melee?  Decent melee will slice right through that in seconds with no self damage or even stagger attached.

TL;DR:  People complaining about trash clear get weapons nerfed.  It was exactly the same way with the Tonkor getting chain nerfed to where no-one at all will even be using the new one as soon as they've got it ranked for mastery.  The difference now it that ALL of the AoE specialized weapons are getting the shaft, even the weak ones.

No AoE allowed, kiddoes!  Except for... you know, Melee that were stronger anyway.

10 hours ago, Arkhenbarn said:

Some Warframes didn't receive buffs in your post (Rhino Prime, Exca, etc.) ; is this intended ? It's mostly because Rhino (and Prime) is supposed to be the "tank" but has somewhat "meh, not so tank" armor values. Just my 2 cents.

Iron skin and the meta games to ramp it up are what make rhino a tank

8 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

Snip

23 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Snip

don't forget guys to complain on the feedback Aoe Thread once they create it, to make sure that we are heard. it's just a joke they think that AoE damage could even be worth, considering all the BETTER options we have right now.

90% dmg falloff... I know you guys said it's up from here but WOAH, you basically deleted aoe altogether.
I know you're low-balling, but that doesn't calm my concerns if you're low-balling THIS much.

The reason many like AoE is so we can go fast without being useless, fine aiming isn't so much what many people like this game for, it's the amazing movement.
If you intend to encourage single-target weapons as much as aoe, don't delete aoe, add enemies that consistently give single-target a place, hell, an overal dmg nerf to aoe weapons and a bit of a buff to those that lack it would be fine with me as long as the entire point to them isn't defeated.
50% was already substantial enough to incentivize precision without making it a precision weapon with occasional nearby trash-mob kill, sounds more reasonable, at 90% you're dealing a FIFTH of that already low number...

Unlike others I do understand your fear, but don't let it scare you to the point you're making terrible decisions, you're doing a lot of amazing stuff here and I really don't want my favorite weapons being ruined to sour that.

20 minutes ago, Vitalis_Inamorta said:

No guys, weapons that can kill level 100-120 sortie enemies aren't OP.  They aren't even particularly strong.  Do you guys not realize that because of their base level stats a level 40 corpus in the OV has roughly the same EHP as the same corpus at level 160 elsewhere?  How about the RJ enemies where a level 40 enemy is comparable to a level 400-600 enemy of the same kind elsewhere?  THAT is what the better launchers need to be doing at least half or even a third damage against, to even be viable weapons.  Melee?  Decent melee will slice right through that in seconds with no self damage or even stagger attached.

When i was to test something in Simulacrum, i would use lvl 170 Exo Gokstad Officers or lvl 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunners because the Gokstad Officers have twice the EHP of normal Grineer Heavy Gunners. So if the Weapon can handle Exo Gokstad Officers at lvl 170s, it could deal with lvl 350 Heavy Gunner. But if it can only deal with lvl 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunners (which got the EHP of lvl 212 Heavy Gunner), then it’s kind of average.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Magus Nourish

On Rank 5: On Transference Out:

Restores 35 Health/s to Warframe

Jesus you guys really hate nourish. Who would use that trash when elevate gets you 300 health instantly or repair heals you AND all your friends in 4 seconds. 

Speaking of elevate though, can you please not be lame with the 95% trigger junk.  Just make it 100% at rank 5 and again some one might actually use it instead of repair.

EDIT.  OK I know you guys are big on constructive feedback that provides possible solutions rather than what I posted originally so let me expand upon that with how I think the three healing arcanes should coexist.

First, let's be honest and admit that repair is so damn good that if you want a healing arcane then that is probably the one you run.  So you need to give me something on the other two besides healing.

Elevate at rank 5 100% chance for 300 health and XX% damage reduction for 3 seconds.  Staple a rolling guard onto elevate and I'd absolutely use it when solo.

Nourish.  I'm sorry there just isn't a good way to make this one heal you in a way that is interesting so rework it entirely.  My ideal arcane would change it to be zenurik's void dash.  At rank 5 give the warframe 5 energy per second (1 per rank).  It's not over powered (IMO) and it creates space in the game to NOT run zenurik as the focus tree and NOT run energize constantly.

If you want to hedge your bets on power then do something with nourish and shields (now that shields are supposed to matter).  Very similar to elevate could work... +300 shields on transference in and immediately begin to recharge the remaining lost shields.

Archived