Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, FunYourself said:

Truth. That's why I haven't used my Umbra Forms anywhere until now.
If I put them in a weapon what I like, then I waste them. Because that weapon probably is liked also by other players, so DE soon nerfs it based upon popularity.
The best way is to put them in some trash weapon and have hope that DE will not give him a buff 😄

It's the logic of the Space Ninja not Human Race 😄

I'm saving my umbral forma for something really valuable, like a Primed Inaros for maximum Umbra memes. That or whenever a new frame comes out that really--really benefits from having all three umbra mods at maximum. I know Rhino Prime can use them, but I rarely use him enough to warrant the special forma.

5 minutes ago, Kboy2608 said:

This is my tenora, a puncture based rifle with a relatively low status chance of 16% at base and yet it still proc imp like a champ! Do you even understand wtf are you saying?
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcKlzfBZ7o

you know as much as i want to feel sympathy for the people who have issue with it i am just very annoyed that they are removing any way for me to enjoy the ragdoll effects because of those said people complaining about having to fallow or chase down a enemy that gently moves a little bit per proc. i mean seriously i would like to at least enjoy ragdolling a few enemies every once and a dam while, but nooo. we got to remove it because people want to have a sitting target.

11 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Sort of. Viral scaled infinitely before, always removing half of the enemies health no matter what their health value was. New viral will just be a damage boost, which means that the higher you scale, the less effective it will become. With the other scaling changes though, you would have to be in endurance runs for the longhaul for it to have a significant impact.

how would viral + fire work?

a bit of fire, removes armor by 50% + corrosive projection

viral increases hp dmg

(plz tell me the kuva fire wep i bought isn't trash now, because i  chose fire)

3 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

And what about Exodia and Pax arcane series?

You can't dual-stack Pax and Exodia arcanes, so it's unlikely they'll receive any major changes as of now. The reason they got changed was for dual-stacking.

7 hours ago, Lahared said:

Hey.

There's a few questions to ask just based on this one quote. Will the merchant's store be FAIR or will it insist on being just like Plague Star? Because in that case, you still had to farm a considerable amount more to get 1 forma per run (if you used the max amount infested catalysts & eidolon phylaxes), than if you did a regular fissure mission for forma.

Why the artificial farm increase? Because even after the event is over, unless it's gonna be reoccurring, there's still the usual eidolon time gate arcane farm. And that's fun, right?

Yes.  Eidolon hunts ARE fun.  It's the main reason I'm still playing the game.  1.6k+ Hydrolyst caps and it's still my favorite thing about the game.  And time gating it makes each night cycle more special.  And it makes it easier to get a full squad.  Not everybody has exactly the same subjective response to things as you do.  Welcome to life, kid.

Also, in this game, most things that you find too much of a pain you can buy with plat.  So you can trade off one thing you DO like farming for and in exchange not have to spend time farming for a different thing you DON'T enjoy farming for.  So don't use the fact that you don't personally enjoy something as an excuse for why you can't get it, or why it's too hard to get.  This also means that even if this event makes it EXTREMELY hard to get arcanes, it still isn't any harder than it was before.

So the only way they can truly ruin the balance here is by making it too easy, leaving people with little to no reason to do Eidolon hunts.

14 minutes ago, FunYourself said:

Truth. That's why I haven't used my Umbra Forms anywhere until now.
If I put them in a weapon what I like, then I waste them. Because that weapon probably is liked also by other players, so DE soon nerfs it based upon popularity.
The best way is to put them in some trash weapon and have hope that DE will not give him a buff 😄

It's the logic of the Space Ninja not Human Race 😄

You do understand WHY they do it right?  They want a game where there's a wide variety of different awesome ways to be powerful.  So when they see that 98% of the time an MR28 player uses the Catchmoon for instance (don't remember the exact %), they immediately know that the game is not how they want it to be.  It's to make the game less boring and monotonous.  To shake things up and nudge us out of our entrenched ruts so we mess around with more than just three weapons.  And honestly, I for one was actually getting tired of using the Catchmoon on everything XD

6 minutes ago, angel_bee said:

corrosive proc capping at 80%? not happy.

i regularly do 1 hr index/2 hr arby and at high levels, it already takes ~40 procs before you can even begin to do any damage. please don't gimp my power.

You're comparing the 80% armor shredding to what armor is at right now, but you forgot the S-curve they're implementing will lower armor scaling and make it more manageable. Plus will prevent over-shredding armor.

I'd say try it first once released before calling for DE to undo the change.

@DE:

Thank you for this update. In addition to crazy new content on an insanely fast release cycle you are still changing up the base game. Which is amazing. It means the game will never get stale, and I really appreciate that.

I have every warframe and most of the good weapons, and they're all forma'ed to the point of insanity to make them "perfect". I have all the corrupted and prime mods maxxed and dozens of rivens, i.e. lots of formas needed. This update means I will have to spend countless hours redoing weapons and frames for the new balance. I work full time, so this will take quite a while. And that's okay. It's the price of playing an evolving game.

Please keep up the good work. 

P.S. Also massive kudos for being willing to make such drastic changes, when it would make your lives sooo much easier just to leave things as they are. Cheers.

Here is a idea

Impact proc stuns enemys for 1 sec or less. many impact procs makes enemy drop weapon

Blast proc reduces accuracy , many blast ragdolls enemy

Cold makes enemy deal less damage , many cold freezes

Electric does damage over time this dot can spread to nearby enemies , more electric shocks enemy

Puncture damage penetrates enemy's (1m or 0.5) shred increases number , many puncture has "number" % of your damage ignore enemy shield (maybe armor)

ALSO REMOVE ARCANE COOLDOWNS , cooldowns = arcanes not worth having outside grace. barrier, or energize. ... and even those...might not be worth the plat.

12 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Is there anything planned for status immune targets ?
These changes are good, but status are still useless on most of bosses and they are the only enemies strong enough for us to mod for. Maybe a status resistance instead of immunity would be welcome ? Reduced duration of effectivness could work.

It was in the post:

Our long-term goal with this change is to build upon this series of changes to allow Status to impact bigger threats like Liches and Eidolons and not just have blanket Immunity. 

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

No damage buffs have been added, but any weapons with AOE are receiving ~20% increase in Radius. Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

I understand the rationale behind this, and of course, imma gonna test the hell out of it... but it sounds a bit extreme... I get the damage falloff but... to 90%? will it still apply the accuracy reduction? That part sounded neat, specially for my Zephyrbomber, but in the end things still need to die xD Anyways, will comeback with this when the mainline falls and i've got some hours of testing.

The impact thingy... i mean, it's gonna do nothing then? I'm glad for the no ragdoll thing but... it should do something, to be on par with the other stacking effects... maybe some stacks of impact will turn to a stun for the duration of the status? That would be useful for people who like to go around doing melee finishers :3

Everything else sounds pretty awesome!

12 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Can you pls nerf Lockdowns damage,or at least the ability to spamm it,it makes the game way to easy and braindead.It is way more powerful than any arcane and the only arcane people take,with this buff it will be used even more.Either change the Damage to a fixed number or give it a cooldown  of like 15 seconds so people  actually use it to ,,Lockdown'' an entire for a short duration and not DPS in all game modes while being in an invincible operator.

Agreed, but really warframe has so many broken items that trivializes the game, not just lockdown, plus, is better for cc than source of damage, so really no need for a nerf.  

I like all the stuff you guys are offering. I hope you come up with something good for impact. I like the idea of applying status effects to liches and eidolons. I can understand the changes to shotguns now.

I don't understand why you didn't nerf magus repair or lockdown by much. Magus repair pretty much invalidates the reason you would bring most support frames that offer healing. Magus lockdown is crazy powerful CC. 

Just a note since there's a chance they'd roll back the complete annihilation of AoE weapons: the 50% was pretty brutal to begin with. Area weapons were already inferior for the most part to Rubico And Friends.

If they "go back" to that, do not thank them: two steps too far may be less horrific than three steps too far, but still two steps too far.

12 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Corrosive nerf eh. Okay. Magnetic still seems like a terrible status element to me but time will tell! If shields are more relevant i suppose the proc will be too.

Puncture is still entirely useless. We don't care how much damage an enemy does, dead = 100% damage reduction. The only ones that matter for this type of debuff are immune to status anyways.

The choice to raise arcane costs to 21 to max it out was entirely unnecessary. You guys control the dials and have decided to create this rank and the need for these arcanes to introduce a new grind, even after explicitly stating you were not introducing a new grind. Not impressed. Not drinking the kool-aid.

Are you going to take a look at the way damage over time effects are calculated while you are under the hood of status? Ie. Gas and toxin only benefiting from base damage and modded toxin damage? Ie. heat being an entirely useless towards gas damage calculations?

90% damage falloff on explosive weapons kinda defeats their purpose, don't you think? I'd scale that back to 50% or even just 35%. I don't see many explosive weapons dominating people's loadouts (Maybe bramma, but its new). Ignis is far more common, and surprise, it has a huge aoe with no damage falloff.

Thought the heat component affects the initial explosion of the gas proc? A cool mechanic if true, although not well explained anywhere(been playing for 5 years and only learned this late last year). The 90 falloff IS interesting considering things like beam weapons being better for groups, like a lot better.

I agree with the rest though

Also, @DE, if you for some reason did want 100% damage reduction (assuming there are no nullifiers and rag doll frames for non-boss entities is where its at (Vauban has many ragdolls). MAYBE if its a target you cant ragdoll, like a litch. But still.

12 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Can you pls nerf Lockdowns damage,or at least the ability to spamm it,it makes the game way to easy and braindead.It is way more powerful than any arcane and the only arcane people take,with this buff it will be used even more.Either change the Damage to a fixed number or give it a cooldown  of like 15 seconds so people  actually use it to ,,Lockdown'' an entire for a short duration and not DPS in all game modes while being in an invincible operator.

The damage is only OP if the enemy has no shields and no armor (in which case two dashes kills them no matter how high level they are).  Based on what I'm reading from DE in the original post, it looks like that will only be true of the infested after the update lands.  And by the way, the tankier infested enemies actually have armor too.  So I disagree that it's too much damage.  And people only use the cc of lockdown in a pinch, not as the sole cc for an entire mission or anything.

I'd rather see interesting and useful alternatives that can compete for the slot, than a nerf to lockdown.

12 hours ago, Jeancly said:

8 status to reach 80% armor strip, which is HUGE ! most enemies are dead in all those hits

Oh the irony.

12 hours ago, kyori said:

Passively removing 100% of an enemy's defenses is not an interesting choice

I agree with what Rebecca said here. Having at least some difficulty is what makes things interesting. 

17 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I don't understand why you didn't nerf magus repair or lockdown by much. Magus repair pretty much invalidates the reason you would bring most support frames that offer healing. Magus lockdown is crazy powerful CC. 

Magus Repair does remove much of the need for a healer.  As does Magus Elevate, Magus Replenish, Protective Dash, Arcane Pulse, and Health Restore pads.  So why should Magus Repair in particular get nerfed, and not all those other things too?

Also, as I said in my post above, lockdown is really just used for those 'oh snap;' moments where you suddenly want crazy amounts of lockdown for a little bit because things just got really sketchy.  It's nowhere near a replacement for the likes of Vauban, if only because the duration isn't amazing, and you'll go through a lot of energy pads spamming void dash.

Impact - Ragdolling was a bad idea, but if you're removing knockdown from blast why not give it to impact insead of ragdolling?

Magnetic - I really think a shield-focused status makes this damage too exclusive to Corpus. I was hoping it would cause reduced accuracy (which is going to blast) or that it would have weapon disruption similar to shooting gallery, but nope... still only affects shields and nothing else.

58 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

you know as much as i want to feel sympathy for the people who have issue with it i am just very annoyed that they are removing any way for me to enjoy the ragdoll effects because of those said people complaining about having to fallow or chase down a enemy that gently moves a little bit per proc. i mean seriously i would like to at least enjoy ragdolling a few enemies every once and a dam while, but nooo. we got to remove it because people want to have a sitting target.

It should come back in augment form. Weapon augments for explosive weapons to have a decent ragdoll chance.

Archived