Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

So I'm taking that impact status effect will still be a net negative. No one likes trying to aim at a target that is going to be flopping around, now it will only be worse when they fall over and get sent flying. Same thing can be said with blast.

Puncture is still useless too. Don't exactly see the benefit of reducing the damage of an enemy you're going to kill in mere seconds.

Overall, the main elements that I believe  people are going to be using are Corrosive, Viral, Gas, Slash. These changes only seem to have made these element/status effects even more desirable while also making the rest of the roster complete Garbo.

Also buff Glaives please.

Interesting changes overall with the exception of Impact. Make impact procs disarm the enemy or something. Blast already has a CC function (that most people hate).

On a side note, any chance of removing friendship doors from missions? They're just an annoyance to deal with in general and don't promote cooperation at all.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

After some more thought: this removes the main appeal of those weapons in the first place. A 50% falloff range was perfectly reasonable, but up to 10% damage falloff now means the Kuva Ogris basically got turned into a very crappy status based projectile version of the Rubico Prime. And not an explosive launcher.

There’s still no reason to use explosives over other AoE substitutes with no stagger and more damage. Back to the Amprex folks.

Please do reconsider. 

So Simulor/Synoid Simulor is going to stagger us when an explosion on the Vortexes trigger. And there will be a 90% damage fall-off range on the explosion with an increase to the radius by 20%...

DE, can I remind you yet again (along with others that have used the Simulor family of weapons in the past) to remove the guaranteed Impact procs generated from the Synoid/Simulor’s Vortexes so that we’re not succumbed, by default, to the 10% damage dealt conundrum at the edge of the Vortexes when we detonate them?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

I feel like this needs more emphasis.

Far too many people are looking at the increased number of arcanes needed to max out their arcanes, comparing that to the grind of capturing Eidolons, and then running around like Chicken Little screaming that this is the death of Warframe.

Removing a layer of RNG is not a bad thing, people.

In all honesty until they've actually given us prices versus rewards/grind on this event the concern is still valid.....

For all the idiots complaining about Impact Procs. 

Unless you are using mainly impact weapons or have 300% to 400% status on your weapons that deal mostly Impact you will not notice it. 

And everyone is basing their "FACTS" on how the game is currently. Wait till it comes out as these changes are massive in scope and may not be as bad as you think.

Entitled Video Gamers and their whiny attitudes. "We want the game to change cause it sucks." Game changes. "Why the hell did you change it we don't want the game to change."

Either you want the game to grow or you want it to die. MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND. 

Devs are listening but they don't listen to all the 30 some odd gamers that whine like a 4 year old.

Ragdoll impact is going to make hitting enemies anywhere very annoying. The new meta will be weapons with either very little or no impact damage.

As long as the changes to remove blanket status immunity also applies to all enemies currently status immune, like the Sentients, then I think it will be a good change.

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Please no, ragdolling enemies is almost always detrimental.

Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact.

90% seems rather excessive.

22 minutes ago, The_CMD_Shepard said:

Wow.... thanks for murdering my Kuva Ogris with the dmg falloff, just because some little kids couldnt handle self damage cuz they shot themselves in the face with it. 

No reason to pick it up again, give me a mod that reverses all the stupid AoE nerfs and give me Self Dmg back. 

I want a Rocket Launcher that goes BOOOOOM and not some baby nutter that sucks like hell. 

Mod Incautious Shot: 100% Self Dmg and +70% Dmg

I shouldn’t be punished for little Timmy walking in front of my shot, I’m glad it’s gone. The fall off needs to change though I agree 90% is too much, the 50% was fine

22 minutes ago, kaotis said:

So they have magical armor that regrows ... yet we can't doble trigger grace or stack arcanes...

I would realy love to see actual fixes to real bugs ( like stil falling trought maps depending on the momment when you enter the mission and where the host is) , giving us the new player experience so we don't have to be a school teacher for every friend we try to bring in, rewards vs risk , nightwave season 3 ( at this point the intermision is longer than the actual seasson), etc.

I think the corrosive change is a good idea, because alongside the changes being made to other procs they are all balance out. 2×-4.5x Damage to health, Increased Damage to shields, Radiation increasing friendly fire damage? Corrosive being nerfed, allows the elemental changes to be equal. Corrosive will still be powerful, but not the only powerful option anymore, which was probably the intention.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty until they've actually given us prices versus rewards/grind on this event the concern is still valid.....

It really doesn't matter what the prices are. The addition of selling them via a vendor removes the otherwise completely RNG-based drops as arcanes currently exist. With the exception of something extreme, like making the rewards for Scarlet Spear so paltry that it takes you days or weeks to farm a single arcane, this argument that it's going to take years for the average player to max a single one is dead in the water.

Arcanes will require 21 Arcanes to reach the new Max Rank of 5. Scarlet Spear will feature a buy-what-you-want shop for Arcanes based on the currency earned in the event. It will launch in March shortly after the Mainline

How many R3 arcanes would be needed for these arcanes?

18 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

Far too many people are looking at the increased number of arcanes needed to max out their arcanes, comparing that to the grind of capturing Eidolons, and then running around like Chicken Little screaming that this is the death of Warframe.

that's an Event, it's a temporary thing.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Are you intentionally creating drama? 

You know you're allowed to say: "Hey guys, interesting changes, but let's make sure we wait until the update drops to give an informed and cogent opinion".

Translation: "are you guys self-aware? Do you want to avoid suffering and being subjected to this?"

Dude, not only we don't need testing, but we've already been through this. Ragdolling in warframe is just DETRIMENTAL. It's not good, it's not useless, it's detrimental. Enlight me a scenario where (forcing) ragdolling anything (especially a shield lancer that flies all over the place when this happens and you want to see those dps machines dead asap) would be useful, because I fail. If I want to ragdoll an enemy, I'll specifically use blast or sonicor.

I already loathe lifting status on melee combos, especially since we have heavy aerial slams. I do not need such an annoying status that will make me wish I didn't have status to begin with.

Can you guys pls stop it with impact insanity, it's bad enough as is, you're making it worse. Change it to remove base armor, make it do nothing at all, make it a plain knockdown and make every shot count as a headshot on knocked down enemies, anything that isnt an active hindrance. jfc

6 minutes ago, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

Devs are listening but they don't listen to all the 30 some odd gamers that whine like a 4 year old.

HOW DARE YOU. That is insulting a biased against the 4 year old community you should be ashamed

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Please no...
There is a reason players hate Blast damage, it makes aiming for the head and other weakspots a pain.
We don't need what is essentially Blast damage forced on 95% of the weapons.

Archived