Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Impact

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Everything but that looks good.

Ragdolls are very annoying, more so when we cannot really control them as in the case of a status effect.

Please reconsider. Heck, reconsider Impact status effect as a whole.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Blast Correction! 

Please switch impact and blast.

As is -impact rivens will be the only thing that makes approximately 1/3 of weapons usable. 

At least blast is opt in on most weapons. 

HONESTLY JUST DONT PUT RAGDOLLS (except blast, i can understand that) on IMPACT PROC. did you even remember akstiletto prime? its already losing its hype and now will be even mroe with impact ragdolls.

Dear God pls let DE re-read the outlash they caused on damage 2.5 back then instead of forgetting them completely 😞

2 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

Just Jat-kittag and Sonicor.
Yes, impact. Seriously. We hate forced ragdolling and we don't need to write a book about it. We listed reasons countless times

You hate ragdolling. You don't speak for me or the community. Some people hate it, some people love it. There's multiple examples in this very thread.

7 minutes ago, RoachyToasty said:

Ha take that Riven mafia, all your Rivens are bad now 😂😂😂

my -impact rivens are gonna be so good with this lol. Take that, you (I'm not even part of any riven movement, but making fun of your biased holier-than-thou attitude was too attractive)

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i don't believe it, the Beam just has physical width like how Opticors' Beam was finally given width. which isn't an Explosion (unlike Opticors' contact Explosion which is an Explosion).

that's still temporary, and you basically gave two opposing extreme examples. Ghouls are there so often it's basically not Temporary, and Plague Star is one of the 1-2 times a year Event, in which case may as well not exist for a Player that wasn't there for it already.
if it ends up being 1-2 times a year will you still try and justify it with that it's technically recurring?

And if it only shows up one to two times per year but lasts 4-5 months at a time?

This "event" is bringing a MAJOR gameplay element to it with the introduction of what was known as squad-link. It's bringing a new railjack missions and is essentially the beginning of The New War. This isn't just some random bit of lore that's being added, it's a launch point for future story-based content.

Do you really think they're developing this as the introduction of a major gameplay element like squad-link, only to use it once or twice a year?

1 hour ago, SnowyGreyish said:

Wait, is nidus the only one that didn't get armor changes?

EDIT: Yea, noticed there were others too

He doesn't need buffs lmao he's already as strong as he is. By the way you're speaking about things, you make it seems like you don't utilize his 3rd ability if at all. 

1 minute ago, alchemi80 said:

You hate ragdolling. You don't speak for me or the community. Some people hate it, some people love it. There's multiple examples in this very thread.

So basically they also nerf impact guns with some decent status by making them even mroe inaccurate and you expect majority of people gonna be fine with that huh

1 minute ago, Olianu said:

The last time it was attempted, DE got a horrendous backlash on it.  We got vacuum on Sentinels/bots, we got fetch on pets.

on what drug are you on? the backlash was for trying to not implement universal vacuum, and they gave us fetch and vacuum on ther sentinel ( in the past ) so we shut up about it. they don't want to implement universal vacuum.

Grants the Blast Status Effect to all enemies in radius.
Blast Status reduces enemy accuracy by 30% base. Subsequent Blast Status Effects add +5% innacuracy for  for 75% total at 10 stacks. Each Blast Status has a 6 second Duration.

This sounds like it should be impact status proc. Impact is much more common on weapons and I don't want to ragdoll everything when I proc enough impact.

Just now, HomicidalGrouse said:

Snip

Oh how I love people who don't look at the long term and just the fact they'll be able to grind an operation to get the extra arcanes... operations are usually limited duration events.

Just now, Xsoskeleton said:

So basically they also nerf impact guns with some decent status by making them even mroe inaccurate and you expect majority of people gonna be fine with that huh

Do you think it's possible that with the IPS changes that specific guns will be looked at? Did this not just happen with melee?

Concern: Because all of these status effects only scale with subsequent hits, low rate of fire "status" weapons like bows or marksman rifles will have an extremely tough time competing with the high rate of fire weapons. These seems like an arbitrary limitation that will only serve as an unnecessary hurdle for already troubled weapon classes to be viable compared to their spray-n-pray brethren.

Repeat single-target Impact Status Effects will escalate the efficacy of the Impact Status (from Stagger to full Ragdoll).

Why not go for some other impact themed effects? Recurring staggers, stuns, dizzied/headache animations, disorientation (looks at random directions), disarm, etc.?

I love ragdolls on singleplayer games but, in this case, I can just picture some people coming up with some high status, low damage impact weapon build and waste people's time by flinging every enemy hither and thither; possibly hoping that some important enemy would get stuck hidden somewhere.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Radiation

The first Radiation Status Effect has an enemy deal 100% Damage to allies. Subsequent Radiation Status adds +50% damage, leading to up to 550% (capped). Each Radiation Status Effect has a duration of 12 seconds.

In light of this, is Nyx finally getting a real rework? She's my second most used frame over my couple thousand hours of play, so I can use her in all content...but with FAR more effort and preparation compared to any other frame (and I play them all pretty regularly).

Everything she specializes in is becoming more conveniently done elsewhere, either through weapon status effects or other Waframes' abilities. And that's not even starting with the fact that CC alone is nearly obsolete in most of the game compared to any form of damage.

• Her passive isn't very good. Rather than telepathic, make it telekinetic themed then you justify it simply redirecting a small percentage of attacks back to the enemy and noticeably stunning / knocking down / puncture proc them or something. Almost anything would be better than arbitrarily maybe missing sometimes.
  • A.I. for her Mind Control doesn't work well with her ability to strip enemy defenses because it is not aggressive and doesn't focus on them (it would be awesome if it prioritized Psychic Bolts affected targets). And she requires a stat stick weapon to effectively buff it's damage enough to scratch other enemies.
  • I'm one of the few that likes the changes to her Psychic Bolts, but it still needs work. One of the bolts should always target the enemy closest to your crosshairs, and they should still do some damage (burst damage or DoT, doesn't matter which) to be useful in most of the game where enemy defenses aren't scaled high enough to need to strip them.
  • At first glance, the changes to Radiation procs have just swept her most useful ability, Chaos under the rug. By default Chaos should always have at least some damage multiplier for friendly fire, and prioritizing enemies affected by Psychic Bolts would be great.
  • Absorb is just bad. The damage it deals is meaningless even with the reworked diverse damage and I'm sure it will be even after enemy defense scaling is improved. The weapon damage buff isn't bad, and the augment is good mandatory so it might as well be the base ability. This should either be overhauled or replaced honestly. Absorb is too ineffective and idle for Warframe 2020.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Oh how I love people who don't look at the long term and just the fact they'll be able to grind an operation to get the extra arcanes... operations are usually limited duration events.

That's not a valid counter-argument to anything I said, which I'm assuming is why you didn't bother leaving anything I said in the quote.

I've already pointed out to someone else why it's naive to assume that this operation is going to be rare. There are too many systems tied to it. It's not a one-off random lore event like Plague Star or Acolytes or something. It's introducing actual gameplay systems.

4 minutes ago, alchemi80 said:

Do you think it's possible that with the IPS changes that specific guns will be looked at? Did this not just happen with melee?

Do you really never checked the Damage 2.5 they tried to issue prior to Khora release? It's the same, sorry, trash idea, of impact proc, even the puncture proc is the same as well though that was the least concerning.

And no, Melee doesnt change much except pure elemental based melee now have some IPS stats.

Archived