Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Messed Up My Forma Reset On My Level 30 Mag Frame

KaraFang

Hi all.

Okay, I admit I messed up.

I decided to spend my level 30 and forma to reset the aura slot on mag to something useful. But while I knew it would reset may to 0 it didn't say the aura slot is locked to being an aura (I thought it was symbol specific).

Is there any way to reverse this decision now I know the aura slot is locked to being an aura or was it a VERY expensive lesson that's not warned about in the upgrade slot screen.

I'm really confused... Are you saying you were attempting to change the Aura Polarity?

OR are you really saying you're attempting to change an Aura slot into a regular slot?

From the context the OP thought with a forma they could turn an aura slot into a normal mod slot and change the polarity to something more desirable. I can understand make the mistake but usually you need to think really hard about what you want to do with a forma before you use it...

From the context the OP thought with a forma they could turn an aura slot into a normal mod slot and change the polarity to something more desirable. I can understand make the mistake but usually you need to think really hard about what you want to do with a forma before you use it...

LOL! That's a horrible mistake to make :P Sorry bro (OP), lesson learned then.

Message to the OP: Don't worry about "wasting the forma," the void is packed with forma BP now

Well could you put any mod into the aura slot before (it seems that you never even had an aura in there untill after the forma, right)? No! You just saved it as the wrong polarity and are too lazy to want to have to lvlmit ug again and fix your own mistake!, get over it and pay attention next time!

The Aura slot only takes Aura cards, you can't change that, the polarity of the slot does determine the amount of extra mod points you get though. At max, the correct polarity gives 14 points, blank aura gives the base amount of 7, and unmatched polarity auras give 5 points. Anyways, why would you not want an aura slot? Auras are amazing.

Edited by N7Arthur

Don't be too tough on the OP please people. Nowhere is it explained that the aura slot is ONLY an aura slot. Apart from it being set off to the side there is also no clear indicator that the slot is any different from the rest of them. My Excal alt has the aura slot without a polarization and if I didn't know better I'd think I could put whatever the hell I wanted in it.

Game lacks proper information on this sorta crap and unless you're a vet that combs through wikis you can't expect people to know everything. 

Edited by DavidSPD

Ouch to those who yelled at me.

Sorry for not realising when it talks about swapping polarities etc that it doesn't include switching an aura slot to something I would prefer with a level reset cost.

Thanks for those who were more understanding. I'll just have to level her up again (which is great fun anyway, so no real biggy). I just wish it clearly explained this on the wiki/guides or warns that forma cannot change an aura slot over to something else.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who replied politely to someone new at Warframe and had a geniuine query.

For those who were rude... can you think before posting next time? We all started at something new once, think how YOU would feel with that kind of reply, especially if it was face to face.

Cheers!

Kara.