Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convert Account To Ps4

Inferno_Hamster

We might get crossplay, we might get a one-time switch, we might get Sony doing a microsoft and ****ing us all over.

We don't know.

Mouse and keyboard are still better, and if I want to play on my TV at some point I'll get a steam console, so I still have access to my whole library.

There have been a handful of games in the past that tried cross-play with consoles & PC but failed because of technical limitations & whatnot.

I don't pretend to understand it but what I do know is that all the games that have tried it (or planned it) failed miserably at it or cut it from the final product.

Maybe PS4 is different but I don't personally believe it's a revolutionary step past PS3 which to the best of my knowledge didn't have PC cross-play either. 

I'm sure that the only reason Sony hasn't gotten back to DE yet is because of either A. They don't want to give the bad news or B. They're trying their damnedest to make this feature work before green lighting DE to develop for it.

My suggestion is to convince yourself that cross-play or account transfer etc. won't be happening. That way if anything other than "nope" comes out it'll be unexpected good news.

Also want to point out that if cross-play was easy or "doable" don't you think we would've seen a BUNCH more games doing it by now? Only recent one I know of is Dead or Alive 5 and Dead or Alive 5 Plus but Vita was built for that kinda stuff. It certainly wasn't PS3 playing with PC though so I don't think that really counts.

Edited by DavidSPD

IIRC Portal 2 had PS3/PC crossplay.

And with the next-gen conslol architecture, it should be easier to achieve. 

Edit- On checking it seems I was wrong, more there was steam overlay compatibility and stuff

Edited by Sixty5

Making a big call here and saying that without crossover accounts ps4 will flop. NO ONE on here will make a new account and loose there founders stuff and all there loot. the only people that will play is new people and as new games come out warframe will go downhill. so to sum up if there are no cross over accounts the ps4 will be a hit for 3-4 months then when we get better games rolling out it will dive down. This will decide wether i get a wii u for Super smash bros or ps4 for warframe