Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about those new operator arcane changes

It's actually a nerf. According to DE, arcanes at rank 5 perform 1.5x better than their rank 3, yet magus repair goes from 20% (rank 3) to 25% (rank 5). Plus the fact we lose double arcane stack it means that we no longer heal for 40% hp per sec, and we drop to 25% hp per sec. This means it takes 4 seconds instead of 2 to 3 to heal. I mean, it's nothing groundbreaking, but sometimes you lose around 40 to 50% of your hp and you just need to pop your void cloak for a nano second. Now you need to wait for 2 seconds at the very least to fully recover. Maybe i'll just slap the daikyu target acquired mod and use my nikana to recover hp properly... 

Edited by devildevil21

10 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

It's actually a nerf. According to DE, arcanes at rank 5 perform 1.5x better than their rank 3, yet magus repair goes from 20% (rank 3) to 25% (rank 5). Plus the fact we lose double arcane stack it means that we no longer heal for 40% hp per sec, and we drop to 25% hp per sec. This means it takes 4 seconds instead of 2 to 3 to heal. I mean, it's nothing groundbreaking, but sometimes you lose around 40 to 50% of your hp and you just need to pop your void cloak for a nano second. Now you need to wait for 2 seconds at the very least to fully recover. Maybe i'll just slap the daikyu target acquired mod and use my nikana to recover hp properly... 

You really don't need the double healing. It's fast enough as is, even without the buff, and there's so many good operator arcanes that I don't see why you'd run double repair anyway

• Like 4

Nourish needs some love...

35 health per second... Better than the 25H/s that we have now, but it's still the worst option of the 3 by a *long* shot.

Too bad Elevate isn't viable on switch because of how long it takes to swap in/out if you're not host.

Repair is amazing. I want it bad, too bad it'll be a loooooooong time before I get it.

I found the healing underwhelming so I run operator durability arcanse. Losing the double life I currently have now is gonna sting, but I was planning on running one armor and one life in endgame anyway once I had a few Unairu's unbound. Run around with more effective health than your average frame. (pre Umbrals)

I have no idea what I'll do with the second slot. I run 2 R3 Elevate because spamming OP mode between fights is fast and doesn't break my flow. I don't like to use Repair because I have to use Void Mode, which feels like it's slowing me down.

Edited by Jarriaga

12 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Looking at magus repair in particular. 25% health regen per second for any warframe within 30 meters? That sounds pretty amazing. Dont think I'll be using magus elevate again.

And it's worth noting that the description is wrong - Repair is actually 25% heal in void mode with a 1s cooldown. You get the first one instantly, the second wave is 1s later. So 25% is 3s for a full heal, not 4s.

I currently use Repair as my first arcane and Nourish as my second, since the one gotcha with Repair is that you can be flinched back into your frame in the time between the beginning of the transference animation and the point at which you enter void mode. Getting a small flat heal on transference out means that even if I'm sitting at 2 health with Quick Thinking and under a Slash proc, the health I get from Nourish under the 90% DR for the inactive frame is plenty to cover that fraction of a second. 

Surprised Lockdown made it through unharmed.

Lockdown has scaling damage and CC, both good, and the former only going to get better thanks to armour changes. It seems very much tuned towards the 'press ctrl+space to win' gameplay that DE doesn't seem to like. Maybe they're waiting for an Operator buff to put an Opticor to its head.

10 hours ago, Zsword said:

I found the healing underwhelming so I run operator durability arcanse. Losing the double life I currently have now is gonna sting, but I was planning on running one armor and one life in endgame anyway once I had a few Unairu's unbound. Run around with more effective health than your average frame. (pre Umbrals)

I used to run nourish and vigor way back when, but when I realised just how powerful it is I switched to replenish instead. Now with repair as well, I can quickly drop into my operator, dash a few times to restore my void child's health, give energy to the team and fully heal my warframe and anyone reasonably close by

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I have no idea what I'll do with the second slot. I run 2 R3 Elevate because spamming OP mode between fights is fast and doesn't break my flow. I don't like to use Repair because I have to use Void Mode, which feels like it's slowing me down.

Magus lockdown is an I win button in almost all content.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Magus lockdown is an I win button in almost all content.

Yeah, but if I already don't like to use Magus Repair because it requires OP input, Lockdown won't help me there for the same reason. I may go with Magus Anomaly so at least enemies are pulled towards me while I heal with Elevate.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Yeah doubles not really needed for Magus repair I did build doubles for it and I stack it originally but eventually switched it to repair and lock down.  I've already bought the extras of both to take them to rank 5

That's what I use - repair and lockdown. In fact, I never even thought to double up repair given how powerful it already is. 

11 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Surprised Lockdown made it through unharmed.

Lockdown has scaling damage and CC, both good, and the former only going to get better thanks to armour changes. It seems very much tuned towards the 'press ctrl+space to win' gameplay that DE doesn't seem to like. Maybe they're waiting for an Operator buff to put an Opticor to its head.

Not to mention the incredibly strong synergy with garuda's 4. 

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Not to mention the incredibly strong synergy with garuda's 4. 

Indeed. Plus, if I understand correctly, it should now scale with viral, as opposed to before where I don't believe it did. At this rate, it's not an Opticor but a post-patch viral Tigris Prime. Which, somehow, is stronger after all the changes than when it had true 100% status.