Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A idea for how auras can work

Kadesfy

With auras also getting a rework, i'm going to give my take on it:

How about something like: 1x(aura): 40%(effect), 2x(aura): 60%(effect), 3x 70% 4x: 75%? This can be a incentive on using different auras on predetermined partys....

And also one more thing... how about the auras having a ranged effect? something around the affinity range, so players have reasons to stay together and not jumping around the 4 corners of the map? This can add the possiblility of a mechanic of having the squad giving a large area debuff of 40%, or closing together for a total debuff of 75% to take down tougher enemies, or even stacking different effects on a areas.

apparently the new proposed maximum for stacking 4 auras is gonna be like 80%,. at least for things like Corrosive projection. no more armor free runs sadly, but hopefully with the new S-curve scaling we won't need so much armour stripping. (that's the idea anyway, but we'll just have to see what happens when the changes go live).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I wonder though how coaction drift will factor into that 80%

probably they will make those combinations between 60~80% like they told, which won't give any chance for 100% even by using 4 Coaction Drift (80+(20*0.15*4)= 92), since Coaction Drift only augments your aura for everybody (including Corrosive Projection) and team's aura on yourself (Rejuvenation, Energy Siphon...), not team's aura for everybody
if happens any problem and they can just apply an cap effect, just like it already exists for Infested Impedance to avoid something like >-80% infested movement speed

Edited by Zeyez
doing the same action, over and over again, expecting the results to change... damn RNG, i'm insane
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kadesfy said:

With auras also getting a rework, i'm going to give my take on it:

How about something like: 1x(aura): 40%(effect), 2x(aura): 60%(effect), 3x 70% 4x: 75%? This can be a incentive on using different auras on predetermined partys....

I like this a lot. Stacking auras that subtract from a static number like Corrosive Projection and Aerodynamic are just weird, and nothing else in the game works like them. 

Worth saying that a 30% that applied multiplicatively with each iteration (like Corrosive procs) would be 76% at four. But I like the idea of starting higher so you have some benefit for using just one or two but ending at a similar cap.

Edited by CopperBezel