Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular opinion : vazarin

Vazarin is such a strong school, why no one uses it ?

I see a lot of Inaros players going around with 9k hp and having zenurik while they don't use any ability, and sometimes they die because "Arcane grace" didn't proc, well you have a better option, 60% in 5s and you are invulnerable for those 5s. 

I use mirage to get extreme damage buffs, but she's squishy , and vazarin makes her unkillable and actually fun to play and one shot everything you see.  

I get people love zenurik's energy just wanted to share some thoughts if you use a frame low on energy costs and needs some survivability. 

Basically what i'm saying is that if you play frames and you don't care about energy, but you get your magus repair/elevate for survivability you might as well use vazarin, it also can heal defense objectives or any ally really ... it really is underrated. 

Also oberon with Hunter adrenaline and vazarin pretty good, or nekros too if you only use his 3 , or garuda since she has infinite energy and you can heal her up. or if you like hildryn this helps you if you have no shields left. Point is it can give you more build variety both with warframe and operator arcanes, so you can try some funky stuff. 

• Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, schilds a dit :

Invulnerability is mostly unnecessary. 

Well i may play bad but my mirage gets insta one shot in lvl 100+ missions. I agree that most of the time you don't need it. It's only a fun thing to try once in a while i guess. 

il y a 4 minutes, schilds a dit :

Re-applying a buff every 5 seconds is a bother.

Idk why but with zenurik you use void dash a lot too but you don't notice it. Also, not each 5 seconds, you don't need it every 5s just when you about to die or feel like healing. 

• Like 1

Just now, HatedByLifeItself said:

Idk why but with zenurik you use void dash a lot too but you don't notice it.

Zen is less restrictive. There is more slack/flexibility in the timing to apply/reapply the buff, and missing it is not so dangerous.

I'm sure most people use it when it's needed. Its just a few vocal people on the forums that seem to not even want to use the very same Operator that they are in denial is them.

My operator is the best part of the game. I only did eidolons for focus....the Arcanes were just a bonus lol. I just finally got Magus Melt with my Vox Standing and ooooooh my gawd its glorious.

50 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Because a youtuber with strong influnce havent made a video about it. I hope noone does too. Zenurik can easily be replaced with an energize and you can use vazarin for insta revives and hp/s. strong combo that almost none use. whatever. If its not popular it will not go under DE's radar. I am fine with that

Protective dash did not used to grant invincibility to your own Warframe. That was added a few months ago and I don’t recall them ever announcing it, though I may have missed the patch notes. I just discovered it one day while playing. A lot of people may not yet know about this change if they were not in the habit of using Vazarin before.

Zenurik is more beneficial in most cases when compared to Vazarin. Also healing allies with void dash can be a bit difficult, though the upcoming magus cloud change might make it a decent alternative for healing. 

1 hour ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I see a lot of Inaros players going around with 9k hp and having zenurik while they don't use any ability, and sometimes they die because "Arcane grace" didn't proc, well you have a better option, 60% in 5s and you are invulnerable for those 5s. 

I use mirage to get extreme damage buffs, but she's squishy , and vazarin makes her unkillable and actually fun to play and one shot everything you see.  

I get people love zenurik's energy just wanted to share some thoughts if you use a frame low on energy costs and needs some survivability. 

Basically what i'm saying is that if you play frames and you don't care about energy, but you get your magus repair/elevate for survivability you might as well use vazarin, it also can heal defense objectives or any ally really ... it really is underrated. 

Also oberon with Hunter adrenaline and vazarin pretty good, or nekros too if you only use his 3 , or garuda since she has infinite energy and you can heal her up. or if you like hildryn this helps you if you have no shields left. Point is it can give you more build variety both with warframe and operator arcanes, so you can try some funky stuff. 

Here's the rundown of what school I use on certain frames:

Frames that are tanky but require constant upkeep of abilities in order to maintain that durability AND making the rest of their kit useful, I run Zenurik since in addition to Void Dash, it also have Void Blast that slow enemies by 80% for 15 seconds, making it valuable vs. most starchart bosses, liches, demolysts, etc. The only exception to this is Saryn as she embrace the kill everything mentality.

But Vazarin have its upsides, perhaps better then Zenurik if you're minmax enough and may require to put more investment into energy management sources (max eff and primed flow, maxed arcane energize, syndicate procs, exodia brave, pizzas, etc). Void Blast is heavily underrated IMO. It allows you to quickly reach max overshield to the point that you don't have to mod tank mods at all vs. low-mid level content (level 70 and below). With Void Dash, as long you're very reactive with pressing 5, V, dash to frame, 5, then kill over the course of 2 seconds at most, then eventually it feels natural to use 5 to the point it doesn't become stressful IMO. Frames that strictly should run Vazarin IMO are Limbo, Frost, Equinox, Oberon, etc.

Also fun topic: I had done a 2 hours solo arbi survival vs grineer as saryn with vazarin with 4 life pods remaining. Was REALLY fun being forced to dash to your frame every 4 seconds just to even breathe near the air of a level 400 nox (but with saryn 3 I quickly killed it surprisingly then). It was the day before melee 3.0 phase 2 was gonna released.

Focus farming takes a long time, switiching focus schools was very annoying (less so now), 5 second duration is very short, invincibility is rarely necessary, energize is much more expensive to get (or takes a lot longer than elevate/repair), healing can just be done with elevate/repair.

2 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

magus repair. single one

Yeah, I cringe when people say they can replace Zenurik with Arcane Energize - like, Inner Might? Temporal Blast? Energizing Dash might be doing one big mandatory thing, but it comes with others. But Vazarin seems to really be about healing yourself and allies, and Magus Repair has that covered. And if you have trouble getting flinched back into your frame, use the other slot for a Nourish.

to each their own. personally I started with Zenurik and honestly, it's hard to argue with limitless energy. the instant revive thing is nice though, on both sides. I use Magus Repair to keep my warframe alive in a pinch, and I don't see myself taking up the Focus grind again so.. yeah, I'm happy where I'm at. 

I'm generally not bad enough at protecting defense objectives to need to be able to heal them.

Half-joking with this, of course. Protective Dash is really strong, I think it's just sort of hard to find use cases for it that actually sound... necessary? I think it would let you get away with skipping a lot of point defense type frames, but I have them anyhow, so... I may as well just use them. The main two types of content I can see it being really potentially good for would be excavations and arbitration defense, which are both game modes I absolutely hate doing.

there's already enough general options in the game that the personal use of healing or invulning my frame just... don't sound compelling to me. I have trouble even imagining blowing through all six revives in a mission, and death's got no real penalty otherwise. I guess it might be a big help for arbitrations with squads, where you can't rely on anyone around you being capable of protecting themselves and their deaths turn into an active detriment?

Overall, protective dash is kind of hilarious to me, because looking at what it does it sounds INCREDIBLE. That's a broken overpowered looking effect. in practice, warframe's balance is so horrifically broken that if you have a use for it, it's probably a sign that you're either very poorly prepared or playing with people who are terrible.

probably a subject my views are generally a bit skewed on as a primarily solo player. and the few times I play with other people, using operator as a non-host just feels awful. They really need to make some client-side improvements to this one like they did for weapon switching.

this is all just about protective dash because frankly i can't see ANY meaningful benefit to the rest of the tree. most trees have this problem of having like, 1-3 good things with the rest being laughable.

Edited by OvisCaedo