Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so they removed the ability to lauch mobs from status procs

maddragonmaster

well. i am glade everyone gets to keep on hitting their sitting target, but how ever i am just miffed that i am myself can't seem to enjoy launching some mobs in my solo play sessions because of said people that don't like hitting a target that moves every so often.for the love of the lotus if people are unhappy with a random mob launching into space then what does that say about the idea of mobs that are actually mobile for the sake of this "difficulty, and challenge" everyone keeps on yammering about?

i apologize for this little gripe i am in a little bit of a foul mood because i just tried to suggest something in feedback to try and find a reason why we could keep status' that have knock effects on but apparently they are now removing the ragdoll form impact and blast, so my time was wasted and now i am going to have an even harder time to enjoy launching targets when i feel like it. i mean seriously the war doesn't even have that much of a knockback yet some random person on a video said rip war.

and that lifted status doesn't even feel that satisfying and the effects of the heavy slam replaces things like the fire effect pound on some of the heat weapons like the Silva and aegis. and then the aerial is not even that useable because you are able to only do one or two attacks before you sink down to the ground.

well anyways i thought i would just get this out so i don't have this stuff stuck on my mind when the content is out and released.

Edited by maddragonmaster

Because people don't want to have to abort missions because an enemy got ragdolled through a wall or into the stratosphere, that second one being precisely what happened from the first time they showed these changes when IPS changes were a topic.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, trst said:

Because people don't want to have to abort missions because an enemy got ragdolled through a wall or into the stratosphere, that second one being precisely what happened from the first time they showed these changes when IPS changes were a topic.

they why don't they FIX IT if that was the bleeping reason instead of REMOVING IT good gravy this is driving me up the dang wall.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

OP, do you have any idea what kinda of instant bananas Mesa PM would bring if DE kept this impact "ragdoll" gimmick? 

i honestly don't care about mesa because that thing is far from my thought process. because right now i would at least like have some chance of causing ragdolls when ever i feel like it. but fine. lets just hit at a sitting target and have warframe just become even duller because one of the most funniest things about warframe is now dieing. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

Ragdolls are, a novelty that quickly becomes tedious, and often disadvantagious, to inflict. Shotguns still send things careening on kill, go mod up a Sobek or something and buckshot corpses into the stratosphere. I'm just amazed it took them this long to change lanturn cause whooo boy, it has similar problems as ragdolls do.

• Like 1

If they ragdoll when they're dead, or the ragdoll will instant-kill the enemy, then sure.

Otherwise, you're talking about someone new / someone trolling running into a mission with a Blast proc weapon, ragdolling the crud out of a Nox, ensuring just about nobody can hit his head. Not especially good if it's the last enemy in a defence mission.

And aren't there missions in the Open World areas where a specific enemy has to be killed? Like the ones with the enemy care packages? I can't imagine the troubles those would cause...

seriously we have to grind stuff indefinitely and if we can't at least see something crazy happen once and a dance while it gets incredibly boring. if there is problems with knock back or so then why not have the enemies build up a knockback resistance at least. and have capture targets be highly resistant to knock backs so those dang things don't fly to the stratosphere.  i mean there is plenty of ways of reworking the ragdoll physics without completely removing it. i mean why remove it if they can just tweak the knock back?

anyways chances are i'll burn myself out sooner or later. i just wish i could at least lunch someone into the stratosphere with my war and chroma. it's just frustrating that i never did anything to cause trouble i keep to myself and enjoy what ever i want in my solo plays yet this is changed because of either someones not happy that their target keeps on flying around the place each time they hit it, or some troll jumps in some random public to cause problems with ragdolls. i mean its so frustrating that i have all this frustration and the only thing i can do is type out my frustrations in the forums and then get in arguements with other people and the occasional blow ups. 

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i mean there is plenty of ways of reworking the ragdoll physics without completely removing it. i mean why remove it if they can just tweak the knock back?

Well, let's do a quick fix while we get the ducks in the row to make this pheasable cause your asking for some COMPLICATED stuff that is not a 'quick easy' change. still, the general consensus is 'Rag Doll is not fun.' You also will still have plenty of death ragdoll options. I"ve baseballed a few people with a hammer (heavy attack as killing blow), and shotguns have a very satisfying amount of force when you kill with them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zsword said:

Well, let's do a quick fix while we get the ducks in the row to make this pheasable cause your asking for some COMPLICATED stuff that is not a 'quick easy' change. still, the general consensus is 'Rag Doll is not fun.' You also will still have plenty of death ragdoll options. I"ve baseballed a few people with a hammer (heavy attack as killing blow), and shotguns have a very satisfying amount of force when you kill with them.

i figured its not a quick fix. but because i was stressed in the first part of my comments and wanted or at least hoped something could be done to keep ragdolls in because i was wanting to have the ability to use at least one of my favorite weapons to launch a mob a good distance. i feel like i am going through the short version of grief even though that sound petty for what it is for, and for the lack of a better explination. anyways i am claming done little by little.

51 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

seriously we have to grind stuff indefinitely and if we can't at least see something crazy happen once and a dance while it gets incredibly boring. if there is problems with knock back or so then why not have the enemies build up a knockback resistance at least. and have capture targets be highly resistant to knock backs so those dang things don't fly to the stratosphere.  i mean there is plenty of ways of reworking the ragdoll physics without completely removing it. i mean why remove it if they can just tweak the knock back?

From my past experience from 2014, you used to launch enemies when killed with any weapon with blast damage, often making them flying to places unreachable like sitting on a window up high it's hilarious.

I think adding that can help since ragdoll on enemies that still alive can open potential for trolling like the other tenno said.

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

From my past experience from 2014, you used to launch enemies when killed with any weapon with blast damage, often making them flying to places unreachable like sitting on a window up high it's hilarious.

I think adding that can help since ragdoll on enemies that still alive can open potential for trolling like the other tenno said.

fair enough. 

6 hours ago, Vahnstahd said:

or they could simply reduce the flying away 100000miles to maybe a just getting knocked back a few feet.

that too. but i have a feeling even if it is a feet or two then people would still be griping about the target moving too far when they hit it.

6 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Aww man, I loved aiming for the feet with my chakurr and sending enemies into orbit, or doing that dumb thing where you self damage so hard you throw yourself clear out of the map box 🤣🤣

is kind of sad.

11 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

Snip

Gotta agree. As a fellow solo player, I sure did love launching mobs. In addition to using it as CC, it kinda made Warframe stand out from the standard MMO "enemies just stand and take damage" and definitely made the weapons feel stronger.

• Like 1