Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Limitation on Sentinel Ability Mods

Nevieth

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I imagine it has.

Okay, so it seems that Sentinel mods from Cephalon Simaris are unable to be traded without having a duplicate. I also am unaware of any other mods that have such an absurd limitation on them, and I'm unsure as to why that is the case.

I did some digging and uncovered several posts from 2017 that claimed it was because new players were accidentally trading away their valuable mods without realizing, but I'm not sure why that's still relevant today. It's not like it this limitation is on any other mods of importance, like Flow or Vitality. It's such an ancient system that I feel has no place anymore in Warframe.

Maybe add a warning message when trading or scrapping your last Sentinel Ability mod? Something to warn new players and old players alike, without completely removing their ability to do as they please.

And yes, I'm personally invested. I bought a Negate for the sole purpose of selling for platinum, and found out that I can't even sell it. I'm broken hearted. 😢

I don't even have a Wyrm. lmao

forgive my english 😄

• Like 1

Everyone deals with this I have 2 copies of every one. Also it is because they don't want you to trade away stuff like Investigator which you only get one of by obtaining helios so all precept mods cant be traded if you only have one.

Edited by RandomTrollz

3 hours ago, RandomTrollz said:

Everyone deals with this I have 2 copies of every one. Also it is because they don't want you to trade away stuff like Investigator which you only get one of by obtaining helios so all precept mods cant be traded if you only have one.

Yes, what I'm saying is that that's a weird system from an older age. It should be removed/changed. If I'm able to trade my Primed mods, I should be free to trade my sentinel mods. At least the ability mods from Cephalon Simaris.

You didn't say anything beyond "Yeah that's a thing." What I'm saying is it shouldn't BE a thing. You only get access to one, but if they're tradable then even if you make a mistake and sell yours or endo it, you'll be able to buy others. Heck, all they need to do is add the starter Sentinel mods that aren't as rare into some drop-table. Boom, done. Ta-da!

The trade limitation is also not clear in the slightest. Nearly every Sentinel mod for sale on the market by players are non-duplicates and are untradable, but they have zero clue because the game doesn't really tell them about it until they go and sell it.

You have 2 copies of each, but why? It's such a waste. If you were free to sell them without a trade limitation you'd be able to have more platinum. More freedom to play and trade as you wanted.

Maybe a warning screen before the Sentinel mods are endo'd or traded would suffice. Like the screen used to warn that you're trading a mod currently being used by a weapon/frame.

Edited by Nevieth