Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skins shared between Warframes??

What if Warframes shared skins? So I was thinking that Warframes should be able to polymorph into other Warframes based on what skins you have.

I’m one of those people who care about what I look like and what gender my Warframe is. So a lot of the “meta” Warframes are usually bigger and also male (I prefer my wonderful female frames). How some Warframes look kinda makes me not want to play them, and I prefer to look like this Warframe or that Warframe.

For example I want to play Saryn! But sadly the mission I’m running is not the best for Saryn. So my friend recommends I play like Trinity or Oberon, but I don’t like how they look and wanna play Saryn (she’s a whole queen). So if we were able to polymorph Warframes to look like others, I could polymorph Trinity to look like Saryn.

I personally think it’s a great idea because I would like it. But I doubt many would like it or maybe I just did a poor job at explaining. What does everyone think about this?

• Like 1

Reb has shown that the "Lotus" skin can be used with any WF. She can even use the Lotus head/helmet on another frame's body, so it is possible. However, I don't think this is something DE is looking to implement for players. Likely because they want for each WF to be recognizable on the spot, which is impossible when you can use any skin with it.

Also, there are lore reasons as to why this can't be. Look at The Sacrifice.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

It can be very confusing especially for new players. Don’t want people screams “I bought Nyx and I can’t do that awesome chain punches to a group of enemies or summon Rumblers like other players did” and it also gives the game a bad design rating because how confusing it is.

It can definitely be beneficial in the short term for fashion framing, since you'd be able to be more flexible with how you customize stuff. But as some above me have said, it would be confusing in the long term when newer players and probably even frequent ones start seeing Warframes do things that they usually don't do. Also, how would that work with certain frames like Equinox or Chroma, where their design is an integral part of their abilities? It just would get difficult and confusing.

• Like 1

I honestly would really like to use a skin from another warframe or some of the more ugly ones. No one should get confused as to which one you're using cause it literally tells you what frames those in your group are on. Itd only be a problem if you cant read. Sure maybe not do it for like certain frames like equinox cause of their abilities. But why not for the rest of them? Like why cant I run rhino but look like mirage? I think it's a great idea. As for new players the game is already hella confusing when you start so why should it matter. If they want to know they can literally just ask. 

Sorry no, I've heard this arguent before. Someone doesn't like certain warframes just because of fashion reasons or because they are male or female or whatever. This idea of yours isn't ever gonna happen, and not liking warframes because of the way they look...honestly thats a you problem. I don't think anybody else cares unless they speak up. Short and sweet of it is get over it and be a team playr if you play with friends, optimize your loadout based on ability and roles, not fashion. Worry about that later when you buy cosmetics. They make a world of difference anyway.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 1

I can't see it happening, but I wouldn't be opposed to it...I think they would add something akin to the Unbra's scarf or the Zato skin's clothing portion transferring across frames in some limited way if it could escape all the clipping...So seeing a Atlas Prime with something like the umbra scarf as an example may be a possibility...but I hate to say it won't happen, so I won't..and just say..I hope it does...

59 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Sorry no, I've heard this arguent before. Someone doesn't like certain warframes just because of fashion reasons or because they are male or female or whatever. This idea of yours isn't ever gonna happen, and not liking warframes because of the way they look...honestly thats a you problem. I don't think anybody else cares unless they speak up. Short and sweet of it is get over it and be a team playr if you play with friends, optimize your loadout based on ability and roles, not fashion. Worry about that later when you buy cosmetics. They make a world of difference anyway.

Well why do you think I made this post? To do it for funsies? To find the negative nancies in the forums? Some of us care about how Warframes look, Karen.

4 hours ago, Scruffel said:

It can definitely be beneficial in the short term for fashion framing, since you'd be able to be more flexible with how you customize stuff. But as some above me have said, it would be confusing in the long term when newer players and probably even frequent ones start seeing Warframes do things that they usually don't do. Also, how would that work with certain frames like Equinox or Chroma, where their design is an integral part of their abilities? It just would get difficult and confusing.

Yeahhh I can see where the issues could come in. I mean yeah it could be confusing, but you are able to see what Warframe people are if you open your menu. 😄 but yes I get where you’re coming from

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

There's nothing 'technical' stopping them from sharing the skins. 

In all honesty a lot of it is financially motivated because this way you can't just buy one good looking skin and be done with them..

You’re cool I like you, I hope you have an amazing day

1 hour ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I actually care. Personally I really dont like how alot of the frames look. Sure it might be an "us" problem and it may never happen but why cant we entertain the idea of it? I think itd be hella cool. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I can't see it happening, but I wouldn't be opposed to it...I think they would add something akin to the Unbra's scarf or the Zato skin's clothing portion transferring across frames in some limited way if it could escape all the clipping...So seeing a Atlas Prime with something like the umbra scarf as an example may be a possibility...but I hate to say it won't happen, so I won't..and just say..I hope it does...

It may never happen but honestly itd be pretty cool. Even if it was only a few frames that could do it just to try it out? I think thatd be interesting to see. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)GinkPink said:

I actually care. Personally I really dont like how alot of the frames look. Sure it might be an "us" problem and it may never happen but why cant we entertain the idea of it? I think itd be hella cool. 

Can't argue with it I guess, but this is just me expressing my opinion that it doesn't matter that a warframe looks bad or something, as long as it plays well thats all that matters. You can always change things later. I guess I personally just dont like the whole Xmog thing between warframes as a whole, I mean a A Saryn that looks like Baruuk? Its a fun idea, I will say that, i just personally don't like it. Now could I have worded it better...Yeah.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

1 minute ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Can't argue with it I guess, but this is just me expressing my opinion that it doesn't matter that a warframe looks bad or something, as long as it plays well thats all that matters. You can always change things later. I guess I personally just dont like the whole Xmog thing between warframes as a whole, I mean a A Saryn that looks like Baruuk? Its a fun idea, I will say that, imjust personally don't like it.

Memeframe plz

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Can't argue with it I guess, but this is just me expressing my opinion that it doesn't matter that a warframe looks bad or something, as long as it plays well thats all that matters. You can always change things later. I guess I personally just dont like the whole Xmog thing between warframes as a whole, I mean a A Saryn that looks like Baruuk? Its a fun idea, I will say that, i just personally don't like it. Now could I have worded it better...Yeah.

I get ya. It just sounds cool. Like I love mirage shes my favorite frame and I think itd be hella cool to look like her when I run trinity. Sure it's purely a cosmetic thing but I'd really enjoy trinity alot more if I could do that. 

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It can be very confusing especially for new players. Don’t want people screams “I bought Nyx and I can’t do that awesome chain punches to a group of enemies or summon Rumblers like other players did” and it also gives the game a bad design rating because how confusing it is.

I mean... I don’t see what’s so hard to just say “it’s just a skin” or “oh yeah it’s a polymorph” or whatever. I would hope that would stop confusion, but some people are big idiots 😄 said people should probably use their brain a bit more tho

meh, i don't find it that big of a deal personally. as for interchanging skins, I don't think it would really accomplish anything for the playerbase as a whole, so it's unlikely to happen, to say the least. hard enough to keep track of the frames we have now with all the different skins, colour schemes and attachments they can have.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7