Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Edit: Or they should take less energy when holstered) Holstered exalted weapons shouldnt take energy

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

With the new melee changes allowing us to switch weapons and holster our exalted weapons (while the exalted weapon still counts as being active), it would be awesome if the exalted weapons didnt take energy when youre using a different weapon

That way you can switch back and fourth between fighting styles without feeling like youre wasting energy

Everything after this is an edit based on responses:

Or just take a flat amount of 10 energy when holstered, since youre removing the casting speed

I say this because though the casting speed acts as a way to balance the power of exalted weapons, i think we all can agree that the speed of it is Never slow enough to justify the use of a casting speed mod

And

Using exalted weapons are worth more than removing casting speed of exalted weapons. So i think the energy drainage should reflect that.

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jujuwa said:

I think it's too easy, you have the exalted ready without going through the ability animation each time you switch.

so a + is negated by a - , seems balanced to me.

You think the cast time justifies the amount of energy you loose from holstering it?

Maybe a quick lost of 10 energy and that's it, then id agree with you but constant drainage? No way

I think its far more fun removing some of that drainage

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

If you're quick meleeing seems like it would be working as intended 

If you're talking about outright switching to melee, then it should probably just automatically cancel the exalted.

Yea i get the intentions behind it, but it gets to the point where the drainage i think is no longer justified. I feel like removing casting time should be worth near 10 energy opposed to slowly taking it all

Casting time mods for exalted weapons is as bad as self damage reduction mods for explosive weapons. Its just not worth a mod slot, so i think it needs to be fixed in another way.

With the state of exalted weapons, or atleast melee exalteds they'd be better off being 100% free except for the initial cast now.

There is no justification to have a channel cost tied to them when they worse than normal melee weapons across the board. They have bad mod options, they are slow to pull out, they do low damage and still cost channel energy.

Maybe it is time to turn them into Garuda style weapons (but with better stats). Make them optimal melee weapons for those specific frames and let them benefit from all possible mods and stances for the weapon class.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

With the state of exalted weapons, or atleast melee exalteds they'd be better off being 100% free except for the initial cast now.

Eh i wouldnt go that far, energy drainage is a nice reason to make weapons more powerful, so I would say just buff exalted weapons since theyre feeling to weak to be draining energy

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

• 2 weeks later...