Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Update 27.2.0

[DE]Megan

After actually going out and testing my explosive weapons, I fail to actually see the problem that everyone was complaining about before the update. 

And this is testing by firing away from the target itself to test the falloff. People got scared too much by the 90% at the utmost edge.

Edit: I will admit though that the stagger is an issue for the Shedu specifically. It makes it much more difficult to take advantage of the "reload burst" that the weapon can emit when running out of ammo.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

Additionally, AOE weapons are receiving a 90% Radial Damage Falloff from central impact. This means on the very outer section of the explosion Radius 10% of the Damage will be dealt. Tactics will be deadly - aim true, Tenno. 

By Tactics you mean "don't equip that grenade launcher" and by "aim true" you mean "Why aren't you using a Rubico", since AoEs are now inferior against single targets AND against the group they tickle around it. Seriously, that change is beyond terrible. Additionally self-damage was already no longer going to be an issue with shield gating: the stagger system seems to have been implemented to compensate for that particular fact and make self-hits more punishing - not less.

So many of the other changes are great, but this, FIX IT. The 50% falloff with a 20% damage buff was already harsher than it needed but this is just devastating.

Tell ya what: Roll it back to, say, 20% increased radius, 20% increased base damage, 40% falloff at the edge. Do it today and we'll pretend this never happened, that sound good for everyone?

• Like 2

This update is huge and impactful, 

can we have more of these regularly because so that it doesn’t need to be such a huge housekeeping patch and instead get a lot of small revisions over the year, because Warframe has so much content that it is needed to also look at old stuff instead of just pushing forward because a healthy mix is always the best

DE what have you done? My gas Ogris is dead, dead and not even twitching, i don't know what you did but i have about a tenth, thats 1/10 of the damage i had on armored targets prior update. Where i had to hit a target twice and could leave it to die. Both heat and toxin proc's feels so weak. Does the new damage falloff always apply to dot's like Meticulus Aim body shot damage penalty?

Rest in peace Fulmin ..final nerf.....15 shots to kill anything if you don't stand right next to it ...

All these fixes and not one for frankly stupid Rivens 

Weapon MR 8 ..Riven for that weapon MR 15...

Time for everybody to start using Bramma

Garuda's 4 (seeking talons) no longer guarantees slash procs, even if at 100%. It only gives very very weak slash procs during the initial activation, then after much testing in simulacrum, I couldn't get any more slash procs to apply. This effectively renders this ability useless.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Deactivating Gear items by clicking on the item in the Gear Menu a second time will now re-equip the weapon you previously had equipped, rather than always equipping your Primary

You could make it so that an active gear item is highlited or in some way marked in the gear wheel. For example, I can have my codex scanner equipped, but melee out of it. The scanner will still be equipped, and when I aim, it will appear again. But the gear wheel does not have any indicator that tells me that the scanner is active. This has caused me to often de-equip the scanner when I intend to equip it, due to me not remembering I had it equipped while using melee.

Edited by Gustan_Vilieit

Doing some testing with shotguns now. Seems that status shotguns still rack up a huge amount of status (you can count status procs on enemies now). It is very hard to acknowledge it from a distance though due to the reduction in the amount of damage ticks visible at once (a mentioned change).

Scaled Rewards when? First melee rework, then damage over all but where are those high requested reward changes? Any informations on the Horizon? 

I would like to see loot that equals the higher level enemies in endurance runs. 

Edited by Matzelito

Feel a little different.... was that a joking comment? lol

Mobs that I stupidly outgunned now take 2-3 shots.... and there grineer so no shields and there level 30 to 34 ....

The shedu which had no self damage know knocks me down if I use it on practically anything so its shoot - knocked down - shoot - knocked down - shoot - knocked down etc made the gun pointless unless you zoom  oh wait it has virtually no zoom on aiming. IF you use it in it best range you get knocked down....

The gaming isn't made more engaging or interesting just my making things 10x harder to kill. That makes it more tedious.... do I want to spend 3 x the time doing missions that should be a walkthrough no not really. Do I want high level 100+ mobs to be challenging - yes!. So I seriously pity new or levelling players now.

How about investing a bit more money on the testing server, would work wonders to actually get even remotely balanced and working patches rather than a massive stream of balancing and patches after the event.

Edited by ShakariPsy
  • Like 1

So more stuff that uses the railjack resources, but no boost in their drops? It sure is neat that the dojo researches took basically all I've been able to gather so far (haven't used a single nullstone or pustrel before this.) Also the status changes and most of the arcanes seem like a nerf. Can't say about the other changes yet, but if anything this update didn't get me interested in railjack. I sure hope the scarlet spear isn't heavily based on railjack.

• Like 1

Lol and from what i'm seeing, these changes were the biggest nyx buffs that no one asked for.  If you make fully removing armor impossible, and give enemies shield gating, what if there is a frame that can completely get rid of those things without having to use a weapon or an augment? This is weird.